User Statistics
RPXP: 5837
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
For the Overlord

Game NameFor the Overlord
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeEvil Chaos and Destruction
FlavourDark humor, Evil, World Dominatin
Plot SummaryThe overlord is dead, slain by a group of heroes, but this is not the end. Our overlord was a crafty one, and he planned ahead. He cast a spell to reincarnate in the event of his death. It’s taken us five years, but we’ve finally found him in a little village called Nordberge in the snowy north. Go forth and retrieve our master, so that we once again wreak havoc upon the world, because evil always finds a way.

I am looking for five level three goblins to play a pivotal role in crushing the empire of man and spreading evil across the lands.

You are the strongest minions in what’s left of the goblin army. You’ve spent the last five years a shadow of your former selves, hiding away in the nether world, biding you time, but now is the time to rise up and rebuild.

Application

Name
Race: goblin
Class: any official material
Background
Personality
Stats: roll 2d6+6 reroll 1s
Gear: one free uncommon item

What to expect
Infiltration
Chaos
Destruction
Slavery
Dark comedy

Deadline 5/ 30
PlayerCharacterClassStatus
triedtherestBoompowerClericComplete
KshnikVillin RummageRanger Complete
SnakeOilCharmerScrappyBarbarian Complete
Son of Malkav UnkgilRogue Complete
penbeast0 Mainu Warlock Complete
orcbaneDreekachBard Incomplete
DelafontaineRaganashRogue Complete
CruciusBildadSorcererComplete
Talkin Joja ElfpuncherMonk Complete
JaredSynGrulxWizard Complete
Reliq0770SkrullHexblade/PaladinComplete
DanshiiWithWulfs ZygxitryDruid Complete
ShaedeKrinkCleric Complete

Last edited by Togot; 05-23-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:51 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 832
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Boompower - Priest of ???????
left-aligned image

Name: Boompower!
Race: Goblin
Class: Cleric: Tempest Domain
Background: Urchin
Personality: I hide bits of food and trinkets away in my pockets. Like many Goblins, he is a scavenger and a hoarder. He also harbours a deep resentment to the "civilised" races which treated him like vermin for so many years.
Ideal: Retribution - The rich need to be shown what life and death like are in the gutters (Evil)
Bond: I escaped to the Nether World by stealing a magic trinket (my Hat of Disguise) from a Noble. I am probably still wanted for that crime.
Flaw: I would rather kill somebody in their sleep than fight fair
Stats: Str 16, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 12
Gear: Hat of Disguise
He spent most of his early years being kicked around or actively being hunted by townspeople, in the wake of the last Overlords fall, fuelling his resentment towards them. This resentment came to a head one day after he had finally been cornered by a spoilt nobleman and his cronies. The pain they inflicted and the looks of disgust on their faces made him wish, more than anything, that he could hurt them back and wipe those looks from their smug human faces. Somehow, something dark, malevolent and forgotten heard the plea, and for reasons of it's own, granted it! A thunderous peal of force erupted from the goblin, knocking the pretentious humans unconscious. When they woke up the Noble realised his magic hat was missing. Incensed, he posted a reward for the hat's return, and the goblin's head, but as the hat could make him look like anything, he was able to make good his escape, until he was able to hide out in the Nether World.
To this day, he still does not know the name of the source of his power, but he revels in it's destructive nature!

Last edited by triedtherest; 05-16-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3591
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Villin
Name: Villin Rummage
Class: Ranger UA - Gloom Stalker 3 (then go barbarian)
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power

Background Urchin
Personality Trait I bluntly say what other people are hinting at or hiding.
Ideal Aspiration: I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life.
Bond No one else should have to endure the hardships I've been through.
Flaw People who can't take care of themselves get what they deserve.

description

Villin has a triangle shaped face with angular cheekbones, a strong large jaw line, and a wide thin forehead. He has berry red eyes circled by radiated yellow patterns that rest underneath thick arched hairless brows above his flat nose with wide nostrils. Incredibly long pointed ears, supporting multiple earrings, that start at the top of the head stretch out sideways. His protruded mouth contained sharp pointy teeth in the front for tearing flesh and flat square teeth in the back for crunching bone.

The crown of his head is bald, with a widows peak of reddish orange hair that is styled in a bun held by two pieces of wood. His large head is supported by a thin neck that rests on a short squat sculpted body. His limbs are long and end in sharp claws that enable him to scramble up and down trees. His light grayish brown skin, resembling bark, is marbled with flecks of orange. His sweat emits an aroma that combines vanilla and squash.

personalityVillin is unpredictable, whimsical, mischievous as well as loyal. He has no issues challenging authority or traditions but will only do so in the least disruptive manner. Rules were made to be broken. Villin has a compulsive nature to confess bad thoughts that pop into his head. This rationale has him believing others need to confess their own thoughts and will offer his ear. Villin is bluntly honest, does not hide anything and will annoyingly ask multiple questions when a person appears to be in discomfort about an idea, action or belief. This is more out of an extreme curiosity than malice.

Str 13, Dex 16 (14, +2), Con 16 (15, +1), Int 15, Wis 17, Cha 12

Last edited by Kshnik; 05-22-2020 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:06 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 418
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Scrapplication

Name: Scrappy
Class: Barbarian (Totem Warrior - [Bug]Bear)
Background: Gladiator (Slave in the Overlord's Fighting Pit)

Personality: Scrappy is an unusually large (4'2") and stupid goblin. As a young goblin he was relentlessly bullied by other goblins for being a dumbass, which led to him being in a constant state of impotent rage. The only thing that can calm his over-the-top anger is his excessive use of hallucinogenic fungus. One day when doing a particularly potent batch of mushrooms, he had a vision of the Bugbear spirit, who taught him how to channel his rage into productive ways of getting back at the other goblins for the constant mockery. Scrappy's personality varies a lot depending on the particular strain of fungus he has most recently used, with wild mood swings being the norm and particularly high irritability when he hasn't had any for a while.

IDEAL: Revenge. I want to get my own back on everyone who I feel has wronged me, which is basically everyone.
BOND: Anyone who can get me more mushrooms is my friend - for now.
FLAW: The next time I think before I speak or act will be the first time.

Stats: STR 18, CON 18, Dex 17, INT 11, WIS 11, CHA 13

Gear: +1 Battleaxe

Last edited by SnakeOilCharmer; 05-19-2020 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added picture
Old 05-16-2020, 11:51 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 268
Son of Malkav Son of Malkav Son of Malkav
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Unkgil
Class: Rogue Swashbuckler
Background: Urchin
Personality: I like to squeeze into small places where no one else can get to me.
Ideal: The rich need to be shown what life and death are like in the gutters.
Bond: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me.
Flaw: People who can't take care of themselves get what they deserve.
Stats: STR 12, DEX 17, CON 15, INT 14, WIS 14, CHA 15
Gear: Cloak of Protection
Description: As far as goblins go, Unkgil isn't that bad when it comes to his looks. He was born with olive black skin that has helped him survive most encounters he has been in. His lower jaw juts out a bit giving him an underbite that exposes his sharp yellowish teeth. He dresses himself with tatters of dark colored cloth and has a leather hat that covers his oily, unkempt hair that are starting to gray and thin. The rogue slouches a bit to appear smaller than he actually is; standing at 3'7" and weighing 48 lbs puts him on the bigger side of goblin society, noticeable and easily targeted.

Last edited by Son of Malkav; 05-16-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:43 PM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 756
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Hey Togot, I was thinking of applying with a Nilbog Wild Magic Sorcerer and I was wondering how you feel about Wild Magic. As written, it depends a lot on the DM to go off as you would get to choose if you roll for Wild Magic and whether to automatically apply it after Tides of Chaos. The concept Iím going for would be very tied to Wild Magic so I would rather not play him if I donít get to do it reasonably often. Ideally, I would like to have it go off the next spell after Tides of Chaos every time and perhaps reduce the D20 for other cases to a D6. What are your thoughts? Please let me know. Thanks!
Old 05-16-2020, 01:55 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Crucius, i'd be fine with that. a chaotic element is perfect for this campaign
Old 05-16-2020, 02:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1378
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Mainu, Ambassador to the Court of the Moon Frog
Goblin Warlock (Archfey)

left-aligned image

History: Mainu was a servant at the court of the Overlord. Small, weak, relatively powerless, used for errands or abuse. But, when the Overlord died, while all others were wailing and moaning the fate of the Empire, she stepped up. All goblins know that the Moon King's Daughter comes to the castle's pond to take away the spirits of the dead in her bucket. As the moon rose, Mainu lay among the corpses, not daring to breathe. Sure enough, the Moon King's Daughter took her spirit away to the moon. But, as a living spirit, Mainu was able to speak and pleaded with the Frog in the Moon to allow her to find and restore the soul of the Overlord instead of having it judged and reincarnated or sent to the Nine Hells for punishment. Only then could the power of the goblin race be restored.

Maybe the Frog in the Moon found it amusing, maybe he wanted to balance the powers of the other humanoid races, maybe he has other plans. Mainu knows not. But her spirit was sent back to earth, augmented with powers she doesn't understand. Can she find the Overlord's spirit, can she restore it, will she be the new grand mistress of the restored Empire? She doesn't know. But she isn't about to tell anyone else that! She has declared herself the Ambassador of the Moon King's court to the Empire and has taken it upon herself to do this task. And, after all, the Frog in the Moon never said he won't do it.

right-aligned image

Patron: Where some cultures see a man in the moon and some see a rabbit, goblins see the image of a frog. Frogs being at home in two worlds, blessed/cursed with prodigious fertility (like the rabbit strangely enough), and bouts of cannibalism as well as appearance in traditional plagues have given the frog a strong identity in goblin culture. The Frog in the Moon is said to collect the spirits of the dead and carry them up to banquets. Those that are not eaten are fertilized in the swamps and bogs to be reborn. And thus the cycle of life and death continues. What the frogs think of all this has not been recorded.

Personality: Mauni's personality can be described as a tureen of attitude upended over a platter of insecurity. A menial all her life up to the death of the Overlord, her new powers give her the ability to threaten and intimidate those around her. And she is not afraid to do so either! On the other hand, a lifetime of cringing and being abused is hard to overcome. But she has a mission and she will carry it out or someone will be painfully eviscerated in long drawn out screams of agony, hopefully someone else.

Last edited by penbeast0; 05-17-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:35 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 64450
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Please don't roll die in the ad thread... the GM doesn't have ownership of the thread, so he/she can't see if you rolled twelve times, and just kept the best ones to show.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:42 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Admin Dirk, sorry for rolling the dice on my post.

@Togot, what else do I need for Unkgil. Sorry if it seems like too much of a noob question, just new here and this will be my first game if ever.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:16 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Son of Malkav, looks good, and please don't hesitate to ask questions. I'm more than happy to answer them
Old 05-17-2020, 02:34 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Togot: Thanks! Also, not sure if you require a character sheet for this game. But I was bored and made one.

------
There seems to be something wrong or I may have coded it wrong.

Last edited by Son of Malkav; 05-18-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1378
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
You can just put a link to it in your character description using the URL link function.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:08 PM
Ackbar's not dead!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5106
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
What kind of posting rate (posts/week) are you looking for?

Dreekach
right-aligned image
Name: Dreekach, Wetbones Warrior
Class: Bard of Swords
Background: Criminal
Personality: Once brash and full of zealous fervor, Dreekach has become sullen, depressed, and unmotivated. He's taken to drinking, picking fights with weaker goblins, and wallowing in guilt. If only something were to restore purpose to his existence!
Gear:
Description:

Last edited by orcbane; 05-18-2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:22 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
orcbane, once a week

Son of Malkav, yes character sheets will be required for those selected. you didn't have to make one yet, but its fine if you did.