RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-17-2020, 11:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1290
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Togot, this looks fun and interesting, but if we are posting only once a week, I think I may withdraw. I have found that I need a faster pace to keep from getting frustrated. If you bump it to at least twice a week, I would love to stay but I am just too ADD for that pace. I generally check in on games I am in daily for at least a few minutes, more if it gets exciting.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:51 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5836
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
it is once a week minimum. i can post every day, it will depend on every one else and what they can post
Old 05-18-2020, 04:16 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 313
Delafontaine Delafontaine Delafontaine Delafontaine
Very interesting concept! I will prepare an application shortly.

//EDIT: couldn't help myself and whipped it together in a flash of inspiration

Raganash

right-aligned image

Name: Raganash
Race: Goblin

Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)

Background: Charlatan

Personality Traits:
I pocket anything I see that might have some value.
I’m a born gambler who can’t resist taking a risk for a potential payoff.
Ideal: Creativity. I never run the same con twice.
Bond: I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.
Flaw: I can’t resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

Personality: Despite being shunned in most 'civilized' settlements, Ravomash makes no effort to hide his goblin appearance. He walks tall (well... as tall as his physique allows) and proud in the middle of the sidewalk, meeting the stares of any ogler - who usually look away within moments (eyes watering from the intensity of his glare). His armor and weapons are being kept spotlessly clean, and anyone curious enough will be surprised to sense not a whiff of foul smell about Ravomash. He has a joyful attitude towards anything life throws at him, trying to find solutions where others take the easy way out. During conversations, he usually takes in all information before speaking out, and when he does, there's bound to be something worth listening to.

Stats: (will roll in the game thread)

Gear: Gloves of Thievery

Backstory:
After the untimely fall of his Master, Raganash took to roaming small settlements, usually closely following fair caravans, where coins were easy to make off drunk revelers. He developed incredible dexterous cardistry skills, which he employed during the frequent three-card monte scams he often pulled. This didn't bring him any fortunes, but allowed a comfortable lifestyle and enough coin to pursue his ultimate goal: finding the resting place of his Master and reconnect with the rest of the high ranking minions - and brothers in arms.

Last edited by Delafontaine; 05-18-2020 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:49 AM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 693
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Bildad
Class: Wild Magic Sorcerer
Background: Entertainer
Personality Trait #1: I like to poke holes in others’ sentences through wordplay, and am used to the hateful glares it often brings.
Personality Trait #2: I skip and hum through life, literally. Though I can be stealthy when necessary.
Ideal: Fun. Life is to be enjoyed. Do what you feel, laugh the loudest, and never look back. (Chaotic)
Bond: An unnamed goblin deity or natural spirit granted me my chaotic powers. I don’t know if it wants anything in return but I’ve never heard anything more of it.
Flaw: I have no filter, I will make jokes regardless of how serious a situation or dangerous a person is.
Personality: I like to have fun. Life is full of new and exciting things to be seen and heard. I love hanging out with the other goblins, playing my music, and doing pranks on the higher ups. Even though I’m a bit of a free spirit I believe that having someone at the top like the overlord to make the big decisions makes our lives easier. Everything’s been unsure and scary since he went away but now he’s back. Squee! We have to find him!
Backstory: I grew up in the warrens, with my all my clan working under the overlord. It was a good life, but super busy, way too much to do. I didn’t like it all that much. But then one day I sneezed and blew a hole in the side of one of the mine shafts. It was crazy, I realized I was booyhag! I started playing around with the booyhag and found out I could do really fun things making super real looking stuff out of magic. I could even make it look like there were three of me, one working and the other two running around and having fun (the one working wasn’t real). When the overlord found out, I thought I’d get in serious trouble, but actually, the overlord told me that he wanted me to do a different job, he wanted me to use my booyhag, illusions he called them, to keep the other goblins happy and working hard. That was my life for the longest time and I was so happy about it. The other goblins were happy too. Then the overlord was defeated and things got harder. With him gone, we started to lose purpose. There were even a couple of goblins who were super mean to me, asking why I shouldn’t have to work the mines like them and trying to beat me up when I told them it was because the overlord said so. But my booyhag does some crazy stuff and they could never hurt me. When I heard the overlord came back, I knew we needed him so I set out with some other goblins to go find him. Hopefully we find him soon.
Stats: Lowest Strength, High Dexterity, High Constitution, Medium Intelligence, Low Wisdom, Highest Charisma
Gear: The item that would work the best is a Rust Bag of Tricks. I understand though that this item can be difficult for a DM to work with and so I have picked a Luckstone as a backup item
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54A221D4-F6E2-44BD-8ED8-C0D250C89C3A.png
Views:	121
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	84787  

Last edited by Crucius; 05-22-2020 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:11 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 190
Talkin Talkin
The game looks like a fun concept. I believe my application is now complete, but let me know if I should add anything else. Thanks.

Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Joja Elfpuncher
Class: Monk (Way of the Open Hand Green Fist)

Background: Some people might ask, "Do goblins have the discipline to be monks?" Those people are probably elves, and they should be punched in their smug faces.

Joja started out as an anonymous raider in a large warband commanded by the Overlord. By all rights, he should have died an inglorious death in some forgotten skirmish among the rest of the cannon fodder. But, as fate would have it, his warband was sent on a mission to pillage and burn a monastery. There was a great battle ... where the goblins were handily repulsed by the monks. Jojo couldn’t believe his eyes, as the monks seemed to fly through the air, smashing goblins left and right with their fists and feet. He and a handful of the survivors retreated, and decided that they should fight more to their strengths—so they secretly filled the monestary’s water supply with poisons and Taraxian lung parasite larvae. A few days later, most of the monks were dead or weakened. In a second assault, the goblins slaughtered many of the monastery’s remaining defenders, and forced the rest to flee.

Once the monastery was theirs, Joja found a library of old books and scrolls in the abbot’s chambers. Instead of burning them—which would have been the normal goblin instinct—Joja remembered the amazing feats he saw the monks perform on the battlefield and began deciphering them. Piecing together the bits and pieces he could make out, he began copying the exercises and techniques contained within. Mainly by trial and error, and with the occasional gross misinterpretation of the texts, he was able to piece together his own ersatz style of martial arts. Declaring himself the new master—and currently the only student—of the Way of the Green Fist, Joja continued to search out more martial arts secrets in order to grow stronger.

Joja’s new skills caught the eye of the Overlord. Maybe the big man thought there could be some use in having a cadre of goblins trained in unarmed combat. Maybe he was simply amused by Joja’s bastardization of the monastery’s centuries of tradition. Either way, Joja was allowed to continue his quixotic journey.

Personality: Joja has a chip on his shoulder. He spent most of his life an a nameless, unimportant cog. Only recently did he start to gain some recognition for his newfound martial skills. But, before he could rise much, the Overlord was slain and the Overlord's forces were mostly killed or dispersed. Joja wants to regain his lost status, and to keep rising. When word came that the Overlord was reborn, Joja swore he would put his newfound strength to use in returning the Overlord to power. One day, he might even gain a student.

Joja's exposure to things like "meditation" and "spiritual growth"--generally alien concepts to goblins--also make him stand out as bit odd among his berthren. However, few goblins would say anything to his face anymore after he crippled the last group of goblins to make fun of him. And, he has an intense hatred of other monks. He literally had to teach himself everything he knows, and he thinks that these other monks would look down on him just because they had famous masters and fancy monasteries. Of course, one day he'll show them...

Stats: Can't roll in this post, will roll if accepted

Gear: Eldritch Claw Tattoo (UA) (let me know if I can't use UA, and I will pick something else)

Last edited by Talkin; 05-22-2020 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4778
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Grulx
Class: Wizard (Abjuration)

Background: Grulz was always small even among goblins. While his body was small his mind was large. He was easily the smartest among the goblins in his warren. Growing up he used his superior intellect, against his enemies. Learning to work magic from a spellbook taken from a dead adventurer. Unlike most of his kin, he was able to read and string together the components and concepts of magic. Grulx used this knowledge to ensure his position, using his abjuration magic to keep the more physical goblins at bay. After all it was rare for a Goblin to use magic and Grulx had taught himself something many of the other goblins respected.

Personality: Grulx has a bit of a big head, after all he needs to in order to hold in all of that knowledge. He knows his place among the goblins, one of the very rare Wizards. As such he knows his value to his kin, and is not afraid to hold that over their heads should he feel the need. As such he does not take crapt from any of the other goblins. He is willing to use his knowledge and magic to elevate himself.

Background: Sage
Personality Traits: I’m convinced that people are always trying to steal my secrets. I … speak … slowly … when talking … to idiots, … which … almost … everyone … is … compared … to me.
Ideal: Power. Knowledge is the path to power and domination.
Bond: My life’s work is a series of tomes related to a specific field of lore.
Flaw: Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.

Gear: Slippers of Spider Climbing

Last edited by JaredSyn; 05-21-2020 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2592
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Completed!

Submitted for review!
(Suggestions welcome)

Skrull, the Devoted
right-aligned image
Name: Skrull, the Devoted
Race: VGtoM Pg. 119

Ability Score Increase = Dex +2, Con +1
Size = Goblins are between 3 and 4 feet tall and weigh between 40 and 80 pounds. Your size is Small.
Speed = 30 ft.
Darkvision = 60 ft.
Fury of the Small = When you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature's size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Nimble Escape = You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.
Languages = Common and Goblin
Goblin
Class: PHB Pg. 105 - 111Fiendish Warlock (The Fiend) / PHB Pg. 82 - 88Paladin (Oath of Vengeance)

Background: PHB Pg. 127

Skill Proficiencies: Insight and Religion
Languages: 2 of your choice
Equipment: See PHB Pg. 127
Feature: Shelter of the Faithful
Acolyte
Personality Trait #1: I idolize a The Overlordparticular hero of my faith, and constantly refer to that person's deeds and example.
Personality Trait #2: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude (in regards to finding the Overlord and returning them to power)
Ideal: Power (Lawful) = I hope to one day rise to the top of my Overlord's Power/Military Structurefaith's religious hierarchy.
Bond: I would die to recover the Overlordancient relic of my faith that was lost 5 years agolong ago
Flaw: I cannot be swayed, bribed, or reasoned with when it comes to pursuing a course of action that will result furthering the goal of returning the Overlord to power.I am inflexible in my thinking

Stats: Will roll if chosenroll 2d6+6 reroll 1s

Gear: DMG Pg. 191Ring of Mind Shielding

Last edited by Reliq0770; 05-26-2020 at 04:39 AM.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
It doesn't say it in the Ad, what level will this game start at?
Old 05-22-2020, 04:02 AM
Ein Úlfur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6270
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; 05-26-2020 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:05 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Reliq0770, it states I'm looking for five level three characters
Old 05-22-2020, 11:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togot View Post
Reliq0770, it states I'm looking for five level three characters
My bad... I didn't see it! Thank you!
Old 05-22-2020, 02:02 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8432
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
APPLICATION READY FOR REVIEW

Krink
left-aligned image
Krink

Name: Krink
Class: Cleric - Death Domain
Background: Hermit
Appearance: Krink is a smallish goblin that has a very unkept appearance about him. His time in the wilds of the Underdark had caused him to care very little about his personal appearance, which is not saying a lot for a goblin. He has tattered rags over his old armor and walks with a little bit of a hunch in his back. He has no hair and covers his head with a leather cap on either side.

Personality: His time in seclusion in the wild has caused him to be a bit off. He does not fully understand proper social norms and has been kicked out of many a civilized place due to his strange and quirky nature. Being a goblin also does not help the situation, either. From those who meet him, it is clear that he is searching for something. But, Krink would never reveal that to anyone. It is his business, and he keeps his cards close to his chest.

History:
Krink used to be a member of the Stonetooth clan where he was born into the tribe and would soon become an understudy to the tribe's shaman. He learned about the mystic ways of their diety, but he longed to learn more. His mentor, however, sensed the strength that Krink offered, and he feared that he would someday be overthrown. The shaman linked Krink to a series of blasphemous sacrifices involving small goblin children. The tribe resorted to mob justice and shunned Krink from their camp.

Alone, he was forced to go underground. He knew that the surface dwellers would be less likely to accept him, but the Underdark would prove to be very dangerous. He carved a spot for him, where he learned to fish on his own, and forage for mushrooms. When he was not hunting, he spent time in prayer. For years, this was his life - surviving. He was barely living. Then one day, Maglubiyet heard his prayer. He appeared to Krink in a vision and revealed the existence of his holy shield in the Material Plane. He ordered Krink to find the Sharpfang Clan. From there, he would be tasked with increasingly difficult missives that would ultimately lead him to his prize. Krink is to obtain this shield on behalf of Maglubiyet and gain ultimate favor with his god.

Upon conclusion of the vision, Krink packed up his things and left the Underdark forever. It was time for him to see the world and carry out his final destiny. He joined up with the war clan and became a key figure in the army. There, he healed his fellow clansmen, but also learned about the way of death. Once his Overlord was slain and their army run through, he went back underground until he caught word that the Overlord was still alive. He traveled to Nordeberge as quickly as possible
Gear: Cloak of Elvenkind
Post Rate: Multiple times per workday, little to none on weekend
Stat Rolls: Not sure where these are rolled, but will roll if accepted

Last edited by Shaede; 05-22-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:20 PM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, my app is ready. Let me know if there’s any questions or comments. I’m open to listen
Old 05-23-2020, 03:45 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
got a table up, if there are any problems, let me know
Old 05-25-2020, 11:03 AM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
There’s a lot of apps here haha, I noticed that the only class not represented so far is fighter. I wonder if someone will jump in with one.