DnD5e Forgotten Odyssey: Into the Unknown - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 01:10 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1093
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
Forgotten Odyssey: Into the Unknown

Game NameForgotten Odyssey: Into the Unknown
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeHigh Fantasy One-Shots, All Themes, Sandbox, Player-Driven, Revolving Cast, World-Building
FlavourShort, solo-or-small-party-based adventures in an ever-growing land of turmoil and wonder.
Plot Summary
Plot Summary
left-aligned image
Art by Jinno Ning
This place is...broken...

In the end, it was all that the Traveler could do but to bind our broken world together, and in doing so, she was lost to us forever, for no mere mortal could survive being the conduit for so much magic at once.

Had our world splintering been the only thing to come of that terrible event, perhaps life could have returned to some semblance of normalcy, and we could have rebuilt. But then the Mist came, and like a tidal wave of despair, swallowed all of the Marque. And so it was that for the next one hundred years, we could only watch from afar as terrible fog swirled all around the broken continent, the jewel of our world.

It was because of them: the Forgotten. Thirteen devilish beings whose corruptive purpose it was to bring an end to all things. A twisted version of 'salvation'. Were it not for Her, they might have succeeded, and we might never have lived to see this day:

The day when the mist began to clear, and we beheld for the first time in one hundred long years what had become of the land that was once the heart and soul of our beautiful society.

But this place...is broken.

What will we find here...save for dust and pain?

They call it Traveleya, probably because nobody ever really knew Her name. But a city like this is hardly worthy of her, filled to the brim with all manner of highs and lows, heroes and currs alike, all who seek to harvest what little is left of the world we used to know.

Yet as I sit here, washing glasses with an old cloth so they might be used to fill the next belly that comes into my tavern with the region's finest, I can't help but look around. And whilst I see a good many things that make me scoff and spit, and wish that I'd never crossed paths with them, I also see something else; something I never thought to see in a godforsaken place like this, far away from the reach of the Nine Kingdoms.

I see...hope. They give off the glow of it like a lighthouse burning defiance in the midst of a storm.

This place...is broken...

But perhaps still worth saving. Perhaps you, brave adventurer, will have a hand in doing just that. Or perhaps you will only aid in hastening it's demise. Whether your deeds lead you to fame and adoration, to the darkest secrets of this forbidden place, or simply to an cold, earthy grave, I suppose time will tell...

Campaign Overview
right-aligned image
Art Credit: Sylar113 on DeviantART
Want to play something, but don't have a lot of time to commit? Have a trove of old characters that you've never gotten to play? Want to be able to switch up who you play as between adventures? Do you prefer solo games or games with a small number of players? If you said yes to any of these options, then you might be a good fit for Forgotten Odyssey: Into the Unknown.

Forgotten Odyssey is all about rapid-fire adventures, at least to the extent that the term 'rapid-fire' carries in the form of PbP D&D adventures. You will create characters within a certain level range, each of whom may take part in no more than three adventures each within the world of Marque, which we will create as we go. Players may choose if they want to play solo, or if they want to team up with 1-2 others, and each player may choose to play more than one character in the same party (but participate in no more than one adventure at a time), up to a maximum of five characters per party. The difficulty of adventures will be adjusted depending on the party size, level, and make-up as necessary.

Similarly, parties will be able to decide what kind of adventure they want to explore by voting on adventure categories (dungeoncrawl, exploration, daring rescue, ect), however, the adventures themselves will be tailor-made to the characters taking part whilst simultaneously forwarding the overarching plot of that I have roughly planned out.

You can play any core race and class, and all Wizards of the Coast options, including UA, planeshift, and playtest materials are fair game. Similarly, I will also consider 3rd-Party additions, provided I've had time to properly vet them.

Seems like a lot of freedom, right? That's the point. I'm challenging you to allow yourselves the ability to cut loose, play something you've always wanted to play, and in general just have the most fun you can possibly have in short burst adventures, with or without companions.

I'll be accepting roughly 3-5 players to begin with, mostly to see how heavy the workload is between what I have. If I find I can handle more, I'll open up more slots. Players I have had the pleasure to game alongside so far and like will, of course, have an advantage over those I have not, but it isn't an undue one. Since this is my debut in the RPGX DMing scene, too, I suggest players use preliminary games to decide if they're a good fit for my DMing style.

So then, the only question is:

What are you waiting for?

Application FormatAbout Me: Since this advertisement process will focus less on individual characters and more on you as a player, tell me a little about yourself. As much or as little as you like, but please try to at least include some of the following: your experience in Gaming, RPGs, Table-Top Games, and Play-by-Post, as well as what kind of games and styles of play you prefer. What you look for in a DM and other players, or what you're looking to get out of this experience might help, too!

Preferred Grouping: Please specify whether you wish to participate as a solo player, or if you're interested in teaming up and, if the latter, whether you would like 1 partner player or 2. Incidentally, 'all of the above' is also an option.

Time Commitment: Please specify how often you plan to post. This is less for my personal preference and moreso just used to match you with players who have similar speeds. I want to put people with those who move at the same speed, though please don't take that to mean that there will be a requirement.

Trial Character: What character do you want to play out of the gate? Feel free to shoot out of a number of options. I'll be picking my favorite of your concepts to be your 'trial' character, who you'll play in your first adventure. I'm not interested in character sheets right now, so just give me the elevator pitch!

Optional Bits: Feel free to add anything else you think pertinent to your advertisement. I might include a reference from an old DMing stating how wonderful of an experience they've had with you or perhaps a role-playing sample (though please keep them short!)

About the DM
right-aligned image
It's only fair to ask you about yourselves if I tell you about me first, right? And I do so love to talk about myself

Hey there, my name's Briar, and that is both my name online and off. I'm from the Midwestern US (you might say I'm from over the rainbow! ) and I've been playing D&D for an inordinately long time. Going on 20-ish? years now, and most of that time has been spent behind the DM's screen. Big anime fan ( Obviously --> ), classic adventure novels are my jam, and my favorite book of all time is King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard, with Captain Blood: His Odyssey by Rafael Sabatini as a close second!

I'm a storyteller by nature and a die-hard fan of the traditional 'epic adventure' sort of play-style. Dynamic characters and risky plans are a sure-fire way to get me invested in your stories. I'm also real big on character growth and interactions, particularly with other characters, but in general, as long as you have an interesting way with words and an adventurous spirit, we'll get along wonderfully.

Rule of Cool DM here, though, so hit me with your best crazy ideas!

Last edited by briar; 05-18-2020 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:06 AM
knows too much

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12227
Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6
Who am I. No really, who am I?
Mechanically, I am a 36 year old forklift driver ex-medic, ex-lab tech, ex-oil field worker with a wife and a yearling, with another on the way. Which is to say, my personal time can become monopolized very quickly. I got into TTRPGs by reading the AD&D 2nd edition manuals around 98, found Dark Sun and never looked back. Did those terrible 'we have no idea what we're doing games' with my brothers for a couple years, but didn't really start playing until I found this site and that has been the majority of my game life, as far as TTRPGs go. Played a lot of Living Greyhawk once I got a group together and then when that folded, moved to Pathfinder APs. About 80% of my face to face interaction has been as the DM, with particular emphasis on 3.x/PF. I've definitely had a preference for crunchier systems. My favourite settings, at least to read, are Dark Sun, Midnight, and Eberron. Those gritty apocalyptic scenarios appeal strongly to me and the noir of Eberron definitely scratches an itch.

Fair warning; I've taken multiple year long breaks from this site due to life and other personal issues. I've been holding off on rejoining for those reasons, but this particular game offers me more flexibility than most games advertised.

Oh shoot, wheres my seat?
Preferred Grouping: Based on time commitments, I'd suspect solo. I've been here since 2005 and I've noticed the place gets pretty quiet on the weekends. Also, about half my posts and RPXP are gone since the archive was moved. That said, playing with other people is largely the point of these games. Really depends who else applies.

Time Commitment: My Work schedule is 4 11.5 hour days per week with the possibility of a 5th, so that leaves me pretty spare after familial responsibilities are taken care of. I'm looking at 1 post per week with the possibility of more depending on how things go. At the moment, my guaranteed days off are Friday and Saturday nights with a rotating day off through the week, so those are when the posts will come up unless I find myself with a lot of inspiration after a shift.

Mechanical Animals
Mump, Goblin Barber.

Optional Bits
Thron

Kitty

Last edited by Elfman6; 05-18-2020 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3717
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
rolls in We knew this was happening... but still... throws her hat in... pauses... throws all her remaining hats in
Old 05-18-2020, 06:23 AM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43199
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Dang it, briar, I have so little time, but... well, maybe...
Old 05-18-2020, 06:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4034
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Mmmmm *is positively intrigued*

GM: Heroes of the Purple Waste: - an enchanted adventure in a faraway land of mystical promise
Old 05-18-2020, 11:16 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3717
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Alright then... Let's give this a whirl... Shall we

The Hitchhiker's guide to ihinka... Bring your own towel!
About Me: ihinka is an Easter European oddball who is old as sin. If anyone claims to be older than her, scoff at them and ignore them, they are obviously lying through their teeth I'm a night owl forced to live in the light of day. It doesn't do much of good for my vamp-y complexion either

I came into the world of tapletop rpgs via Critical Role initially and other similar dnd streams consequently. Play by post is the only way I can experience the joy of tapletop rpgs since there isn't much of an interest in this particular genre of gaming in my country. So doing it live around an actual table is a no go for me. I tried out a couple of different other forums before I found my sort of place here on the Crossing.

My style of play is weird Since my experience with dnd began with Critical Role the only edition I'm familiar with is 5e, my dnd lore is next to non-existent and I do things from the perspective of all that and my own oddball self. I prefer exploration, mystery and intrigue as opposed to combat encounters and murder hobboing. I like to explore my characters and see them grow and shape within the adventure. I love interacting with other characters since it allows this shy girl to creep out of her shell in the guise of her characters.

I am, also most likely going to be the one to try and seduce her way out of everything or befriend her way out of everything. If there is a way not to go about getting out of a situation, then that is the way I'll go about it

I usually look for flexibility in my DMs in allowing me to create characters not constrained by source material used. As well as allowing me to play into all the things above-mentioned. As for my fellow players. If they can put up with me... It's only fair I put up with them. Respect, understanding and consideration above all else.

Preferred Grouping: All of the above I suppose, as long as I get to have a good time. Be it with the DM alone or with other players.

Time Commitment: I am a very wordy writer, consequently my post rates tend to be slower. Once/twice a week. So I can accommodate any of the slower posters out there. My weekend is the standard one - Saturday/Sunday. I usually post after work and can post on weekends as well if I'm not occupied with anything family-related. If I am, that will always take precedence.

Trial Character: 1. Nanami/E.N.D - A Simic Hybrid Pyromancer sorc, heavily inspired by one of my most favorite anime. Nanami is a... blast laughs at her own terrible pun

2. Dafina Forestbreeze or Fin - An Air Genasi Wild Magic sorc. Fin is my airy, kooky, wild witch. She is kooky and queer. In a word. She is an oddball. But she's a lovable oddball. There isn't a malicious bone in her body. Fin is easy to laugh with and easy to cry with. She is the friend to share good food, sweet mead and delicious company with. Oh, yeah! Fin is wild! Did I mention kooky!

3. Kova is my Fire Genasi Barbarian. Belying her imposing stature Kova is soft-spoken, gentle and kind. A master crafter Kova is not your typical adventurer. But she will go out of her way to find amazing contraptions and long lost lore or technology. She usually travels with a pair of Mastiff dogs named Ro'i (m) and Raja (f). Though if this is mechanically a no-go, I suppose they could stay behind with a friend.

Optional Bits: Looks over to Nade in the other corner... I see you there, mister
I dare not provide you with any RP samples or links to posts from other games... Since I don't do short well

Okay, I think you've had enough of me already

Last edited by ihinka; 05-19-2020 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:34 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
I appreciate all the interest so far. I'm happy to accommodate those who can only post a few times a week or those who can post several. I myself have a good chunk of free time even though I work, and plan to post several times a week when possible.

I didn't list a closing date for the ad cause personally I don't think I'll need one. When I feel I have enough people, I'll be content to start things out. So far I'm happy to accept the two that have applied, largely because both come with plenty of recommendations. So that's two!
Old 05-18-2020, 10:16 PM
Chainsaw Demon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 302
denji denji denji denji
A world-building focused campaign? Sign me up!

Okay... Shooting my shot. GO!About Me: I'm denji, my life isn't terribly interesting. but I've been interested in D&D for quite a long time, granted, I have no experience in it at all. I'm hoping to expand my roleplaying experience and repertoire. I've done PbP roleplay before (nothing TTRPG, sadly) when I was young, and looking forward to going into it again. I've played quite a few RPGs that had free character customization, and that's what initially drew me to D&D and consequently, this website. As far as world or setting goes, I love open worlds with uncharted lands yet to explore, the mystic allure of discovering whole environments and ecosystems calls to the adventurer deep, deep inside my shut-in heart. Although, I'm also very into character-focused stories, it's always fun seeing non-existent people come to life

A flexible, fun, fast paced story sounds like my type of thing! As for party members, as long as I find them interesting and fun to play with, I'm down!

Preferred Grouping: All of the above

Time Commitment: I may manage around 1-3 per week roughly, though it will depend if I go solo, or am placed in a party . For solos, I might be able to post more frequently

Trial Character(s): 1) Sylvia Bennett, a human paladin, dedicated to her faith and principles.... but alas, human nature proves it quite hard for her to do so. A scaredy-cat paladin, she will raise her sword shakily and fearfully against evil while praying that she will triumph with even a sliver of life. Even for her faith, it's too hard to preach to those who are wrong.... They're too scary...

2) Lizette, a seemingly young ranger. Don't let her baby face and petite stature fool you, Lizette is ruthless and cunning when she needs to be. She seems to hide her feelings, smiles are not meant to be shown, weaknesses will be exploited, but deep down lies a simple woman who is out for a thrilling, heart-throbbing adventure. What more can she want than excitement, to engage in life threatening adventures that makes her heart pump in glee!

3) Zazie. He's quite the polite rogue... Yes, he knows how to pickpocket even with his hands tied behind his back... But he'll apologize internally for swiping your money, maybe leave in an apology letter and a bit of money left.. The guilt that comes with slitting an enemy's throat behind their back hurts, but hey, a man needs to do what he has to to survive. While normally he seems meek and gentle, he'll instantly snap into a charismatic, confident persona when he has an eye on your wallet...
Old 05-18-2020, 10:35 PM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1461
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
ApplicationAbout me: Greetings, I am 25 and a Remedial Massage Practitioner that lives in Melbourne, Australia. I have been roleplaying since I was 17, though I did not start on PbP until two years ago. I am familiar with Pathfinder and DnD5e the most, although I have played a little bit of WoD, Warhammer and Shadowrun. Most of my experience roleplaying is on gaming platforms such as WoW, Elder Scrolls and GW2. I have sunk a lot of time in those games in more ways than RPing. I got into PbP for the chance to play in new worlds, and play character concepts that would otherwise not be ‘Lore Friendly’. I enjoy world building and games where the NPCs and the world seem complex and alive.

Preferred Grouping: I am itching for a solo game. I find it difficult in teams because wait times for posts are odd due to most living on the opposite side of the world. When I play solo my post pace is known to skyrocket.

Time Commitment: 1/3p day Solo. 1/3p week in team.

Trial Character(s):
Terianna Bladewing - A Grugach Elf fighter that infiltrated a human logging company near her people’s forest and sabotaged their plans to deforest and build (a resort?) in the area, both violently and mischievously. Her plans start to stall when she becomes attracted to Jason, the leader of a band of mercenaries hired by the loggers to protect them. One night their desires are met, but in doing so Jason sees through her human disguise and learns the truth. He is furious and there is a scuffle, but ultimately the elf escapes. Jason and his mercenaries now hunt the elf for her blatant betrayals.

Lithoniel Bloodfyre - A high Elf wild sorceress, but where her powers originate from an chaotic and destructive entity that her ancestors worshipped and made a pact with thousands of years prior. The entity was defeated by their descendants, but the ‘curse’ continues to blossom in children born of their blood. The sorceress is a young, impressionable woman who wants to prove herself to be capable and strong, despite a lot of people believing her to be dangerous and unstable. Both which are more often than not, true.

Last edited by Sarsprilla; 05-18-2020 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4034
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
About NadeAbout Me: Hello, I guess Iím the resident Western European oddball then . Dungeons and Dragons probably has been one of the biggest defining influences on me and who I am, predominantly for the fact that it allows me to indulge myself easily in one of my favourite things, storytelling and writing. Iím one of those people that eschews tabletop roleplay for play by play because the medium allows me to express that side of things in the way that most others do not. Iíve been involved since the 90ís and have been roleplaying since the red-box D&D Basic Set with which my older brother introduced me to the world of role-play.

Iím here for the stories and the wonderful tale of heroic escapades and derring-do. The sort of games that attract me, and what I look for in both DMís and Players are games and play-styles that complement the quirky and most decidedly oddball play-style that is my own. In particular seeing your own caliber as a player in my game and the caliber of players that the game is attracting is certainly something that intrigues me no end.

Preferred Grouping: All of the above

Time Commitment: Iím pretty flexible with my time commitment. Usually in my own games Iím happy to adapt my own posting speeds with that of my players and I always reply fairly promptly. That said my posts tend to be pretty verbose so lets say 2-3 times a week but I can always adapt as needed.

Trial Character: 1) Talia Shadowmantle: Sheís a sassy, fun-loving and happy go lucky rogue (yes, really), who is in it for the treasure, the fame and the fortune. Sheís very snappy and in-your-face, and sheís not afraid of telling certain home truths that other people might be afraid to tell you ó perhaps to her own detriment. Talia is very much an act-first, think-later sort of person and that more often than not lands her and her unfortunate companions into difficult situations.

2) Eildiana Gellantara: A holy warrior of Selune (or campaign equivalent here). Eildiana was once a selfish mercenary who did not do anything without the appropriate recompense. Until, that is, she took on one fight too many and a demon took her eyes. Blinded, Eildiana was nursed back to health by the faith of Selune. Although they healed her wounds they could not restore her sight. Having to teach herself to fight again, Eildianaís road to recovery was a long and painful one, and not without more than a few missteps. Her love of gold replaced by a love of her goddess, Eildiana began the long road to redemption.....and perhaps vengeance in hunting down the demon that maimed her.

3) Dulcimae: A travelling fortune teller from a clan of gypsies, Dulcimae has more to her than is immediately apparent. This enigmatic woman is insular to a fault, and for good reason. She has secretly been tasked with hunting down her lost brother and killing him in order to avert a prophecy that foretold the clanís doom. The clan elders believe her brother to be the one foretold - the one who would become a darkling and cause their demise. Although Dulcimae obeys her elders out of duty, her guilt and doubt gnaws away at her inwardly with each passing day. Secretly she doubts she will prove capable of such a task.

Optional Bits: I absolutely have the right to deny and disparaging remarks made by my peers elsewhere . Donít believe the bad things at all....glances over at ihinka.

GM: Heroes of the Purple Waste: - an enchanted adventure in a faraway land of mystical promise
Old 05-19-2020, 06:40 AM
Well-Intentioned Idiot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11965
kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey
You've given me some inspiration, here. Give me the morning to come up with some character ideas to run by you.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:03 AM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43199
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Briar, can I ask you to keep me in mind for later on if you decide to expand (or you need more people to continue)? I think I should be a responsible idiot and not join this now, even if I ended up playing solo. But I love the world you've hinted at, and I want to explore it sometime.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2843
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
I would love to join in a story!About Me: I have been gaming since before I knew there were roleplaying games, making up stories to play with my siblings and then friends and now complete strangers online. My style for running games is Empowering Storyteller. Gaming for me is a cooperative way of making a story, and the players are the heroes of that story. Even when I am a player, I tend to be supportive roles like healers or encouragers. I am not opposed to combat in games, but I delight more in social and mental interactions. Not saying I am good at them, just that I enjoy them.

Preferred Grouping: I would love to partner up with someone. As stated above, I really enjoy being a support character and would love to be a best friend, apprentice, or assistant to another PC. If that option is not available, I would still have a lot of fun in a solo game.

Time Commitment: I usually post 4-10 times a week, mostly on weekdays.

Trial Characters: So I have 3 characters that I have never gotten to play in a game but would love to try out. First, I would LOVE to play a summoner inspired by Rydia or Yuna from Final Fantasy (warm, caring, hoping to save the world, and making lots of friends that most people would be frightened of). When I first started playing games and people asked me what sort of character I wanted to play, I tried making summoners but it never really worked out. Most versions of D&D don’t have a good option to play a summoner, but there is a Circle of the Shepherd option for druids that I really want to try.

A second option would be my tagalong character. This is a barmaid, servant, squire, or love-smitten commoner (level 1 character) that adores and wants to follow another PC around to learn adventuring from them. It is a fun dynamic for stories that you don’t really get to see in games much, and I think if another player was willing to give it a try that it could be a lot of fun!

As a third option, if I am in a party that needs a heavy hitter then I have a Sherlock Holmes style character with the Barbarian class.

Optional Bits: I know I definitely like your style of storytelling in my game, and a reversal of roles seems like a lot of fun! My signature has all the games I am running. My favorite character that I am playing right now is a moogle in a Final Fantasy game if you want an RP sample.

Last edited by Homestarbaby; 05-19-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:09 PM
Well-Intentioned Idiot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11965
kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey
About Me: Hi, Briar! It's me, kingmonkey!

I have been playing D&D and RPGs in general for about 30 years now. My experience runs the gamut from fantasy to horror to scifi to superheroes to cartoons to... well, maybe just those things. That said, I don't mind doing something a bit more literary, too, in terms of style. So, if you ever wanted to run a game where the protagonist was destined to live out his days in squalor on a floating chunk of rock after a disastrous attempt at adventuring, and the actual story sees no combat, only a man wrestling with his demons? Well, I'm your guy.

For most of that time, I've been the DM, so a chance to play tickles my fancy something fierce.

Preferred Grouping: Though I prefer smaller groups and solo games, I would be open to running with a pack of PCs.

Time Commitment: Two? Maybe three times a week? Sometimes life gives me more time in the yard, but that's not up to me.

Trial Character: Okay, well I have a few to run by you.

The Old Druid... he was supposed to be a child of destiny, but he lacked motivation. He failed at his training and left his circle in shame, living out a life of solitude. In his late years, though he witnessed a great miracle of some kind. Nature attempting to reestablish its order in the wake of the splintering. His eyes opened, and he finally understood his purpose. He now seeks to travel far abroad to distant lands, seeking a source of untapped natural power to mend the world itself. If only he hadn't wasted so much time.

Unse, the elf, was a child when the world splintered. On that day, he witnessed his homeland rent in twain in a fury of fire and earth. Lava boiled up from beneath the mantle of the world, and on its tide rode one of the Thirteen. Unse, lost and alone, saw the Thirteenth, and it saw him. They locked eyes, and in that moment, Unse's soul was lost to darkness. The Thirteenth had its cult take the young elf in and raise him, teaching him their ways. When he finally came of age, Unse swore fealty to his dread lord. His eyes were struck from his head and replaced with embers from the dark pits and now the power of the fiend courses through him as he quests in his Master's name.

The third character is a bit harder to pull off, mechanically, but I thought it would be cool to play the familiar of another PC. Some manner of Imp or Fairy, or Homunculus who is completely loyal to that character, but has her own personality. I don't know if there's a system for leveled familiars, or if it would just be some kind of animal race-- whatever works best. It would just be cool to try out that role for a bit.

Optional Bits: Turns out most of my bits are not optional, but permanently attached.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:18 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Ahh, lovely! An influx! Well, that's always nice to see. Looks like we ran over the base number I requested, but that's ok, just means I'll have to be a mite bit more choosey about my last three slots.

I suppose I could break my own rules and allow all of you to play, but that means more pairing up than solo, at least for the first round.

Hmmm, I shall consider it! I love a lot of these concepts, and I can already see a number of great pairings. Bravo to those of you who are coming up with some really out-of-the-box-thinking ideas, too.

@Aethera: Yup! Absolutely!

Now all that said, for the moment, I won't be considering any further new entries for the game, just the ones that I have. Anyone who wishes to be put on the waiting list with Aethera, however, feel free to let me know.