DnD5e Forgotten Odyssey: Into the Unknown - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 01:53 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2446
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
Oooh, this is an intruiging style and setting! Please include me in the waitlist, Briar!
Old 05-20-2020, 02:15 AM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1461
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
With the entries, does that include mine? Wasn't quiet clear :3
Old 05-20-2020, 07:17 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 168
Son of Malkav Son of Malkav
@Briar: You can put me in the wait list too. I would love to try this out.

ApplicationAbout me: As R-Truth would say, What's Up?! I'm a 35ish virtual assistant from the Philippines. I have been playing RPGs since my teens, mostly WoD worlds. I have tried DnD too, only played Curse of Strahd though. I also played Hordes, War Machine, Magic the Gathering and Legend of the Five Rings. I like to read and find high fantasy settings awesome as it lets your imagination go wild. My preferences in a DM? None. I just like playing as it helps me deal with my ADD, it keeps me focused on something.

Also a pro-wrestling fan and will throw in some references from time to time.

Another thing to take note of: I may not get any DMs' endorsement as I still have not had a game here but I hope that changes soon.

Preferred Grouping: I really have no preference as I just want to start playing. Probably a max of two others though. I think that too many players in a group would slow the game they are in.

Time Commitment: I'm on the Internet a lot due to my job's nature. So, if I see something that needs me to post to, I post to it.

Trial Character(s):
Chris Harter - An off kilter musician who has accidentally played a sequence of chords that opened a way for Hastur to share thoughts with him and grant him powers to do his bidding.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:16 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1085
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
@Sarsprilla: Sorry I wasn't clear! I just had meant that I wasn't going to consider any new apps after that message. In the end, I opted to stay the course and just choose five. I don't like breaking my own rules. I have picked out my preliminary group, though, and those who didn't make it in this round will be put at the top of the waiting list.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:49 PM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1461
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
Ah understood!
Old 05-20-2020, 09:24 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68
BurningBeechbone
Application for wait list

About Me: While I have never played in a TTRPG before, I have recently taught myself to DM and I am currently running a weekly LMoP campaign with some of my friends. That said, I would love to gain more experience as a player to see what it is like and to help my new DMing skills improve as well. IRL, I am a beetle farmer (yes, you heard that right) and have my BS in entomology. I will do my darndest to bring some bug knowledge into my characters and the campaign!

Preferred Grouping: Preferably with at least one partner (the more the merrier!), as long as they are cool with a newbie.

Time Commitment: I'll definitely be able to do two posts a week, maybe more.

Trial Character: A traveling tabaxi monk on the larger side (think the Buddha, but part cat). As a traveling monk, he carries only what he needs (and the occasional interesting trinket) and is uninterested in accumulating material wealth. In hand he carries his sturdy bamboo quarter staff, which he utilizes as a trusty fishing pole with some quick modifications. A leather satchel is swung over his right shoulder and several small pockets on the inside of his robes hold all of his worldly possessions.

Although quiet and observant, he is an upbeat and positive fellow who finds joy and beauty in mundane things and is always willing to lend a helping hand to those in need. He has a penchant for cooking and a passion for discovering new lands, as well as foods, ingredients, recipes, and cooking techniques as he travels. He keeps a small notebook with him at all times for vigorously taking notes on new foods he discovers and the occasional bit of inspired poetry.

Optional Bits:I found the idea of small one-shots as a way to build a world absolutely brilliant! This could really become a thing with many people coming and going, and maybe a few DM's joining you to run more sessions simultaneously. Jussayin.

Last edited by BurningBeechbone; 05-20-2020 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Just saw that there's a wait list. Edited response.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:47 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1085
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
@BurningBeechbone

Thanks for the interest! I'll add you to the list. On the thought of expanding the premise and adding more DMs, I suppose that's a possibility, but at this time I have no plans to do so. I suppose if some of the players I get want to DM, I might let them, though, but I don't want this to become some huge, unmanageable thing. I've been involved with many of those on different websites and they often just become more of a stressor than anything else. I'll think about it, though
Old 05-25-2020, 12:24 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2446
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
ApplicationAbout Me: I'm a 30ish y.o. dad working in the SEA Education sector with nah, they're cuddly silly bearsterrible toddlers, so PbP is my go-to venue for all things RPG. My exposure started through PC games like Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, and Fallout 2, and just snowballed from their. Found a group from college to play TTRPGs (Pathfinder, D&D 3.5 & 5e, Dungeon World, Numenera) with, but that only lasted for two years before life happened.

Preferred Grouping: Definitely with another player; PC interaction is part of the appeal for me, as well as world-building and collaborative storytelling.

Time Commitment: Two posts per week is roughly my average. Weekends are hectic, since kids.

Trial Characters: Portia Thunderhill, a budding From the new Wildemount bookchronurgy wizard who's keen on discovering lost lore. She won't admit it openly, but learning more about the Forgotten is an especially attractive prospect to this little gnome mage.

Six'prim Pozzy, a squat little tabaxi with plenty of panache. He's got an overdose of wanderlust dust, and enjoys long walks to ancient ruins as much as a duel with a giant. Never ask him about his family, though.

Boffo Peregrinpucket, a generally congenial little gnome fellow (yeah, don't know why they're all short) who has recurring nightmares of the world of Marque before the Mist. Other than that, he doesn't know where he comes from or what his life was before he found in whatever hick town he's in now. Oh, and he can now do things with his mind. Mystical!

Optional Bits: The above are all classes I've never had the chance of playing before, which is why I thought to present them here. Can't guarantee any of my current DMs to vouch for me , but my after a short break I needed to takelongest running character here is a red-haired ranger anmed Vidri, who's struggling to come to terms with a world that was recently broken. Wait a minute that sounds familiar- Anyway, DM'ed by the wonderful @Silent Rain.

Last edited by Hundur; 05-25-2020 at 08:02 AM.