RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 03:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4828
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Let me know if anything in my app is unacceptable and I will modify it. Feedback is always appreciated.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:37 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6867
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@JaredSyn Thanks for applying. Great looking app.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1076
Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar
Yeah...inhibitor chips were an awful idea born out of Disney's butchery of Star Wars, which itself was born out of Lucasfilm cartoons' butchery of Star Wars. Karen Traviss had a much better idea of how that worked - the clones were given a series of contingency orders, as all militaries would be, in case of various scenarios. These included command structure if one or more beings were incapacitated, orders to capture a single individual through mass roundups, and an order authorizing the lethal removal of Jedi from command after an authorized confirmation from the Supreme Commander of the Grand Army of the Republic (Chancellor), if the Jedi were found to be acting against the interests of the Republic (Order 66). The Clones were free to disobey, but why would they? They've received a lawful order from their commander in chief.

I'd prefer to use that version, if it's all the same to you. The result would be the same - most clones would follow orders, while a few would question and disobey - but the means to get there would be much more reasonable than turning the clones into droids. It makes the question less a programming question and more of a moral one, which (IMO) also fits better with both the setting of Star Wars and the nature of FFG's game.

If that's not an option, I'll figure something out.

EDIT: Also, while I'm intending to start as a veteran commando, I'm not intending to ask for extra XP or anything. Lack of abilities here are easily chalked up to combat fatigue, working with a new team, etc. But I don't want to start as a rookie RC - that would eliminate the training by the Cuy'val Dar, which I see as an important part of his development as a character.

Last edited by Cendar; 05-21-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:32 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27260
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Silent Rain I finished my App but changed up the concept a bit as I wasn't really feeling the first one. Hopefully it works.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:58 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Cendar I can agree that our story will not consist of clones being given inhibitor chips. That being said, I do hold that clones would have been bred (and in some way of thinking, programmed) to follow orders and comply. I do agree the commandos would have been trained to demonstrate more free thinking than the rank and file do to the unique nature of their missions.

Bottom line, a clone could resist an order, but it would not be "easy".

As for him being a veteran commando, I'm also fine with that.Just need to sell it if it comes up.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:59 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
@Avner That's fine. Looks good.

@JaredSyn Yes, I will be giving everyone feedback. Will probably start tonight or tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:15 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12970
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Hi Avner!

GM Silent Rain: My knowledge of the Star Wars setting isn't that great if I'm being honest. So, I have a few questions regarding the setting and setup of the game. "Deuce", Cendar's clone soldier character, has a designation like a storm trooper (FN-19347, or whatever). Does the Republic before it became the Empire follow the same tradition? I mean, clone troopers do eventually become storm troopers, right? So, is my character having an actual name incorrect? If she's a junior officer (being a commander-career character), then is a name appropriate?

The Republic is not the Empire yet, obviously. But how hard-core military is it? Is that different for a clone? Are clone troopers integrated into the rest of society? The rest of the military? Or do they have separate bases of operation and only associate with their own kind?

What are the chances, given the background of the project that created her, that while she's technically a clone, she'd be treated like any other Human military officer? Or would her being a clone force her into the "clone army" proper? The project was an embarrassment, so they could brush the details under the rub. Separating the female clones across the galaxy into duty stations of hundreds of worlds would disguise that they look very, very similar (if not identical). Maybe only the top brass know the truth... Thoughts?

Last edited by girlplay; 05-21-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:47 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Hi girlplay!!! Hope we get in this one together!!!
Old 05-21-2020, 10:11 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay, the answer to your question is not exactly a simple one. The Grand Army of the Republic began using designations such as Cendar's RC-3482 for its clone troopers. The Galactic Empire continued the practice with the stormtroopers.

That said, a female clone is already jumping outside of what is canon (which is perfectly fine). So, would a female clone have gone through the same training as the standard male clones? If yes, then she probably would have been given a designation. If she was created as part of something else, then perhaps not.

As for how 'military' the clone army is, think of it this way...these men were bread, grown, trained, lived and died all in the name of defending the republic. It was their entire life and all they knew. There was nothing but the military.

Hiding a male clone would be a little challenging, as it is probably the most recognizable face during the time of the clone wars. If one or a bunch of female clones were bred, I think they could be hidden in plain sight easy enough (obviously not too close to one another). But, I will leave that up to you. I'm pretty much open to anything.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1076
Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar Cendar
Girlplay, if you want really good info on clone life, I suggest picking up the short story Omega Squad: Targets, by Karen Traviss. It's Legends now, so no longer considered canon by the House of Mouse, but it's an excellent short read and gives a lot of insight into the clones. If you want a more in-depth analysis, then the entire Republic Commando series, including the book Order 66, and the short-lived Imperial Commando series (only one book completed, Imperial Commando: 501st) are a great read. Some of the best Star Wars books written.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:16 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 604
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
Ok, it could probably be considered good enough to review now; still got a couple of things I'm not too sure of though. The portrait is nearly finished, mostly just detail work to do.

Application
right-aligned image
  • Name: Nyalia Y'suru

• Description: 16 years old. 1.7 meters tall. Blue skin. Turquoise eye. Slight build. She has extensive scarring on her face, lekku, and body and an obtrusive cranial implant and cybernetic eye, all on the left side.

• Background: She had been the spoiled princess of a wealthy spice baron on Ryloth. When she was ten, her father's business got sabotaged and he was eventually assassinated by a rival. She narrowly escaped being made a slave and was soon found to have a natural talent for piloting swoop bikes and podracers.

• Motivation: Pursuit: Self-reliance
    All her childhood, she had been sheltered to the point of naivety; which made things all the harder when she had no one. Now, there's nothing worse to her than the vulnerable feeling that she can't take care of herself. Having been trapped in a bacta tank for the better part of a year, while a war raged on around her has compounded this need for independence. The last thing she wants is to feel like she's a burden on others, or that she wouldn't make it without them. But recovering from her ordeal has left her considerably weaker than she used to be when she was piloting podracers. All she wants now is to gain back the strength to take control of her own life and to choose how to live it, rather than have it chosen for her.

• Morality: Strength: Empathy | Weakness: Fear

• Species: Twi'lek

• Career &Specialization: Sentinel | Racer

• History: She had to grow up fast after her father died. As a child, she wanted for nothing; she always had someone taking care of her. Then, when she was just ten years old, her father was killed and his spice empire was carved up among his competitors. She ran away before one of them could take custody of her and start grooming her for a life of slavery. The harshness of reality was a bitter shock to her system; no one was about to help her unless they got something in return. She had to adapt or starve, so she learned two things; how to steal and how to run.

Eventually, she was able to prove herself a capable pilot and found a sponsor who was willing to deal straight with her; unfortunately he had a bit of a gambling problem. A year ago, (galactic standard) an attempt was made on Nyalia's life to punish her boss for some transgression against a Hutt Kajidic. The Jedi came and rescued her before she died, but not before she suffered serious wounds including the loss of her eye and one of her ears. They got there just as she was being dumped into a shallow grave, and drove off the perpetrator, who managed to escape. The Jedi were able to determine that she possessed some level of force ability; which was how she managed to survive such extensive injuries for so long before help arrived. It took a long time in a bacta tank before she recovered enough to start walking around, and by that time, the Clone Wars had reached a fever pitch. The separatists had invaded Ryloth and there was no time for physical therapy. She spent most of the invasion being moved from field hospital to field hospital as the droid army closed in.

Shortly after the Separatist blockade was broken, a handful of clone troopers took her aboard a ship she was told was bound for Coruscant, where she would receive Jedi training. She wasn't sure how she felt about the idea. She was grateful to the Jedi for saving her life and she felt the galaxy could use more of them, but she wasn't sure she wanted to sacrifice her whole future to their cause. But she sure as hell wasn't gonna stay on Ryloth when there was a chance to go somewhere better; especially since the clones also told her there was a dangerous and mysterious someone or other that would be after her if she stayed. It sounded like she would have been forced to leave one way or the other, and at least the clones gave her a choice.

• Roleplay Sample:

Last edited by Helvorix; 05-27-2020 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:53 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Some character reviews:

Old 05-22-2020, 12:28 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Old 05-22-2020, 01:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2181
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Old 05-22-2020, 09:36 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12970
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
My girl is sick in bed, so here I am on a Friday night writing for RPGs. How did my life go so wrong?! (j/k)

Anyway... I think my application for the game has a good first draft. Feedback is welcome when you have the time.