Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
KenderGuts
Hunt For The Thessalhydra

Game NameHunt For The Thessalhydra
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeStranger Things inspired adventure with a dash of homebrew
FlavourThis is essentially a dungeon delve with a good bit of roleplay.
Plot Summary and Details
right-aligned image
Sir Tristan, Lord of Hawkins Keep and ruler of the small kingdom of Usde, previously sponsored you during some of the adventures that allowed you to make a name for yourself in the realm. He raised a glass to your names after you banished the Specter of Fishers Forest and when you slayed the Ogre of Muncie Vale. When his teenage son, Prince Percival, was kidnapped by hobgoblins, you rose to the challenge and put the evil creatures to the blade, returning the prince without so much as a scratch on his fair face. It is without a doubt that Sir Tristan, whom the legends say will be slain by a beast from another plane of existence, has summoned you to his Great Hall, because the rumors are true: a horrifying creature from the Upside-down, a strange and foul plane, has torn its way into the material plane. The creature, a grotesque thing with a huge, fang toothed maw encircled with serpents, has begun testing the defenses of the kingdom. The Hunt for the Thessalhydra has begun.

Game Details: I would like this to be a low stress experience so I will be requiring merely 1 post per week post rate. I will be looking for 4 or 5 players that start at level 3. I will allow all Wizards of the Coast material for making up Race, Class, Background, etc. Other materials may be used with my permission, upon my review.

Beginners welcome and encouraged to apply.

Please ask any questions you may have in this thread.

Deadline will be upon approval from mods and I have a good group of applicants to select from.
Applicant/Character Information
right-aligned image
Character Name:

Race:

Class:

Background:

Brief Backstory (Please no more than 5 sentences):
Applications
PlayerCharacterRaceClass
rexlerleppJohanHumanRanger
KhamLucRyessHumanMystic
ChiefDisbeliefAsandroLizardfolkMonk
Treble83ReginaldHumanFighter
RunetideThe Willow KnightHalflingBarbarian
StadiumiteGoranDwarfFighter/Sorcerer
ParzivalFair????????????
DialPforPicklesLentTieflingPaladin
DreamerFirepawTabaxiSorcerer
In The MixFrunzăHalflingRanger
ClawsomeSornHalf-elfWarlock
Arthilian01AlyssaHumanBarbarian
DanshiiWithWulfsKweethGoblinRanger
TheEnglishSlugBalzarHalf OrcFighter
ThunderstruckOld TamHumanWarlock
HundurAstridElfRogue
EvandisEvandisHumanPaladin

Last edited by KenderGuts; Jul 24th, 2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79
rexlerlepp
Character Name: Johan Kepheus

Race: Human (variant)

Class: Ranger: Monster Slayer

Background: Archaeologist

Brief Backstory (Please no more than 5 sentences):Johan spent most of his youth chasing girls and getting into trouble. But as he has gotten older something has started to change in him. He has found himself wanting to help people out. He couldn't stop himself from volunteering to stop the Specter of Fishers Forest or slay the Ogre of Muncie Vale. Along the way he realized that he was good at slaying monsters and started to even pick up an interest in old ruins and tombs. So when Lord Tristan's teenage son, Prince Percival, was kidnapped by hobgoblins, Johan was there front and center. And now he is also ready for this new challenge, but he hasn't forgotten about his passion for chasing girls.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Ryess "DoC" DalGwysor
right-aligned image

Name: Ryess DoC Dal'Gwyzor
(Character sheet will be modified and complete later if select)

Race: Human (Variant)

Class: 3 lvl Mystic ( or if not permit: 2 lvl-Rogue + 1 lvl-Cleric (Arcana) (repentant of his Dark Past life... )
Background: Blackfist Double Agent
Alignment: LN ( with some CN episode )

BackStory: Character's past : In his childhood, Ryess was the one who was doing thing for everybody due to his lack of Physical fitness ..you know .. bullying... So he was always the one in trouble because of the bully request of his accommodation "friend". Soon he got skill and be caught, again, but this time by the local thief guild to do thing way better. While year past, he learns incredibly quick and gains status in the bigger league. But one day, on strike that has gone wrong and he has been caught and too strongly and wrongly accused of all planning and responsibility of it and the judge relies upon him with many other crimes ... Even with that little health, Ryess didn't "flinch" and stool no one... thanks to his incredible will.
That resilience brings him two things. Confidence and respect from the Balck Fist. But he was Strongly reformed by the clergy of Arcana... now Ryess has difficulty to not take all note of all his doing, mumbling some word about a $%?# Justice Calculator'S .. or something like that.

Last edited by KhamLuc; Jul 23rd, 2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1314
ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief
Asandro, Lizardfolk Monk

Name: Asandro
Race: Lizardfolk
Class: Way of the Kensei Monk 3
Background: Urchin
Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance: Asandro is a male lizardfolk who stands 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds, with an athletic, toned physique chiseled by years of primal physical activity in the wilderness, and kept strong and nimble by traversing the rooftops and otherwise of urban landscapes in the present day. He has rough purple scales and always-focused eyes with green irides that take up most of the visible portion of his eyes, around which his scales fade to a dark blue as well as around his nostrils. His head/face is raptor-like with a sharp bone structure, though his skull is shaped from his cheeks up to give him more front-facing vision, resulting in a slight forehead. Asandro doesn't have any fins or crests on his head like most other lizardmen, but he does have six small evenly-spaced black spikes curling up from the back of his skull and one on each jaw and each side of his chin. A much pointier six-inch horn of the same black color rises from the base of his snout along with two slightly longer ones from the edges of his brow. From his neck down, however, two small blue parallel crests descend all the way to the tip of his meter-long tail. Other than that, Asandro has black claws on his four-fingered hands and three-toed digitigrade feet, and his tongue is the same color as a person's.

Personality: Asandro is a tense, somewhat robotic lizardman by expression, but an energetic powder-keg otherwise. Asandro tends to come off as blunt, frank, and overly passive in his views, and i would say opinions here, but Asandro doesn't have many of those. A typical lizardfolk, not much that goes on in day-to-day life holds any weight in Asandro's mind if it is not necessary or pleasurable, and he still maintains this primal psyche even after living in big cities for a long while. Though human society has softened him up a bit, a non-lizardfolk wouldn't be able to tell, and he still is an enigmatic person to try to get to understand. In meta, he is one of assumingly few of his race to long for more than just fulfilling primal necessity much like human ancestors did to reach their stage today, though this is an existential longing that exists within Asandro's soul that he has yet to discover, let alone put his own words to. Though he may seem uncaring, he is not disdainful, and is usually just always looking forward to his next meal, paycheck, or off in an existential ponder than few lizardfolk of the swamps have beyond food, sex, and sleep. Taken in by a local monastery who were sympathetic to his cause of being a homeless refugee from the faraway wilderness, he has slowly begun to form his life into one of purpose and slightly integrate into civilized life, and though the ethical neutrality of essentially living life as fauna still rules over his moral compass, he is not privy to inherently evil or unkind actions, as a proper monk should.

Personality Traits:
- I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
- I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.
Ideal: Change. The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things.
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm okay with that.

Brief Backstory: To sum it up, Asandro is a lizardfolk from a faraway swampland who was born with a mysterious yearning for civilized life, and leaves his home without any knowledge of how to get along living in the streets of a town or city by himself amongst men. He lives as a street urchin for several years before being taken in by a monastery, who, though live a more civilized life than that of lizardfolk in the wild, sympathize with him for being a lost wanderer looking for purpose in society. They accept him into their numbers and warmly but firmly teach him what he needs to know to live by the monk way, with this particular quest being one of many among the kingdom of Usde that he has been sent on as a means to further his monk training and spiritual discipline. Though not from Usde, he resides a few towns away where he was discovered by his monk order, and he makes his return to defend the small settlement from an impending hellish danger from another dimension, in hopes that he has been taught enough to succeed, or live to tell about it...

Last edited by ChiefDisbelief; Jul 19th, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1314
ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief
Do you just want us to use normal starting equipment?
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 03:05 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
KenderGuts
You can do starting equipment or take the average gold given to your class.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6172
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
right-aligned image

Name: Reginald "Whayne" Darrington
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter (TBD)
Background: Knight
Alignment: Neutral Good (Represents himself as Lawful Good)

Last edited by Treble83; Jul 19th, 2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I've not had many positive experiences with 5e, so I'm going to keep hoping I can get into one that will let me see why people like it. Mind if I apply?

Applicant/Character Information
right-aligned image
Character Name: The Willow Knight

Race: Halfling (Strongheart)

Class: Barbarian (Zealot Path)

Background: Outlander

Brief Backstory (Please no more than 5 sentences): Belonging to a tribe of halflings once tasked with protecting a sacred willow grove, he was one of their 'willow knights'. Still young, he had been sent on a long errand to a druid circle far away, only to return months later to find the grove had been razed to the ground by an enemy religion's forces. He joined in the survivor's counterattack, and while he survived, the Willow Knights had been decimated. Dressed in the traditional gear of his tribe, he had given up his own identity, and instead wanders, not knowing where he's going to end up, but wherever he goes, people whisper about 'The Willow Knight' and his deeds.

Last edited by Runetide; Jul 19th, 2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 10:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2136
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
FYI, I used a random method to generate this character. I landed on dwarf as the race, and my base abilities (before racial adjustment) as follows. With high STR and CHA, I thought it might be fun to try a fighter/sorc mix.
STR 14
DEX 12
CON 8
INT 10
WIS 13
CHA 15

Goran Glanarek
Name Goran Glanarek
Race Mountain Dwarf
Class Fighter (2)/ Sorc (1) - Wild Magic
Origin Guild Artisan - Metal Working

Goran is the son of a highly regarded metal-worker among the dwarves. He has learned this skill well.

He is strong, but somewhat sickly for a mountain dwarf, lacking their normal high constitution.

His grandfather was a great adventurer who vanquished a great evil wizard. Some say he was cursed because of it, and that Goran's unusual traits are a result.

Goran has a strange reddish tint to his eyes.

He fights with an enormous hammer (Maul - Great Weapon Fighting).

Recently, the ability to manipulate arcana has emerged in Goran. He has reluctantly embraced this trait, and learned to use it to throw magical arrows, and leap great distances. His voice booms loudly when he does this. Occasionally his spells produce unintended effects.

He Doesn’t part with money easily. He will haggle tirelessly.
He believes it is duty to serve community
He is a bit ashamed of his magical traits, though he would never admit that.

Last edited by Stadiumite; Jul 19th, 2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 01:12 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4355
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
ApplicationPlaceholder -- Get Weird
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 08:22 AM
Vökva Reykur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6612
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
How are ability scores to be determined? Roll, Array, Point-buy?

Also, is the UA Ranger allowed? Have been fixated with goblins lately and I find the idea of a gobbo ranger verrrry appealing.

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; Jul 20th, 2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2181
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
Lent

Name: Lent Parrain
Race: Tiefling
Class: Paladin

Brief Backstory: As a young boy, Lent was fascinated by the seaside cliffs upon which his family's estate rested. He spent much of his youth climbing up and down them and exploring the many nooks and caves hidden therein, his head full of stories of children who unearth vasty hordes of pirate treasure or find a bandit's hideout and rescue a kidnapped princess. So when he found the ancient dungeon one morning, his joy overwhelmed him-- at least until he saw all the corpses of the adventurers who got there before he did. One by one, they had all made their way deep down in the tunnels, only to be stopped by a deadly trap and crawled over by the next person who got a bit further and eventually shared the same fate. When Lent found his way to the central chamber, the last corpse (a wizard of some sort, Lent thought) lay with its desiccated arm outstretched toward a massive sword, inscribed with strange symbols and runes, embedded in an anvil. In his awe-inspired haste, he took it without much thought and was filled with celestial power--but for what purpose?

He/Him

Last edited by DialPforPickles; Jul 21st, 2019 at 08:03 PM. Reason: finishing up
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 09:30 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 238
Dreamer Dreamer Dreamer
Firepaw
right-aligned image

Character Name: Firepaw

Race: Tabaxi

Class: Sorcerer

Background: Noble

Brief Backstory: Born in a small Tabaxi village, at a very young age, he was lost but found and subsequently adopted by an Elf and his human wife who were noble in the land of Usde. Always wild in nature and heart, Rinn, as he was called by his family, learned early on of his connection with magic. As he grew, the only constant in Rinn was his desire for both attention, and approval but at the cost of the danger and adventure that he dearly admired. His adventuring came at much chagrin to his folks, at first, however, after he'd found himself with a capable team and gained some experience and renown, his folks began to soften to the idea that their son, whom had given himself a more dramatic moniker, might be well suited for such a life.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 10:26 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11417
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
right-aligned image
Character Name: Frunză Eliberată

Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)

Class: Ranger (Hunter)

Background: Runaway Noble

Brief Backstory: (Within Five Sentences)
  1. Frunză is the eldest daughter of a wealthy baron.
  2. Not satisfied with being a pawn, with her bride dowry as the prize for some alliance with another wealthy noble's son, she ran away from home.
  3. Starving and desperate for work, she happened upon a hunting party.
  4. The lead hunter took her on as an apprentice, teaching her how to survive in the forest.
  5. Feeling at peace with her new life, she still on occasion longs to return home and be with her family again.

Last edited by In the Mix; Jul 20th, 2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 10:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4649
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Name: Sorn

Race: Half Drow

Class: Warlock

Background: Bounty Hunter
Trait: I needn't be hunting down an old mark. I will do any task if it pays.
Ideal: The only true freedom is having enough gold to do as I wish.
Bond: I have no family. My friends are my family and would gladly die for them.
Flaw: I take chances for the pay, chances that will one day get me killed.

Brief Backstory: Sorn was the result of a Male drow magic user raping his female human slave. He knows nothing of his mother or really his father because soon after birth in which his mother died, he was taking care of by the other slaves and hidden from the master. He lived, but would not call it much of a life. Life of a drow slave is not pleasant. Being a half breed is even worse. He was taught a few things from the other slaves to help survive. None more than, Incubus Cain, a imprisoned drow warlock who recognized the boys true talents that lay dormant. He coached him in the dark arts and slowly over the years he got stronger. There was a riot and upheaval at the slave stockades that was soon quelled, but not before Incubus was slain and Sorn escaped into the dark. Sorn, still fairly young made his way and somehow survived the journey to the surface. That in itself was a miracle. He soon learned that half drow or any part drow was a rough life on the surface. Scorned in most places he worked the fringes and shadows for anyone that needed anything. Over the years, the times had changed and he could somewhat meld into society. Many still do not trust him, but others tolerate his presence. He has been working for the prince on several missions, because he knows he gets the job done.

Last edited by Clawsome; Jul 21st, 2019 at 09:14 AM.