PbtA Apex Wrestling: Powered By The Apocalypse - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 1st, 2021, 03:25 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1672
EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae
LUCAAAAAAAAAAReal Name: Gabriella Maria Santos
In-Ring Name: La Vibora

Appearance: A lithe Latina woman in her late 20s with a few tattoos and piercing green eyes. Her long black hair sports a thick green stripe as it comes out the back of her mask and down to the center of her back. Her standard attire is a pair of tight black pants with a thick green sequin snake wrapping up around each leg and a green halter top with black trim. Oh and of course, the mask. Called "delightfully old-school" by some, it is in fact the actual mask worn by her mentor El Vibora back during his Apex run: A black base with openings for the eyes and mouth, the eyeholes trimmed by green and gold in a pattern that looks like a pair of open mouthed vipers, complete with fangs jutting out on the interior of each eye.

Gimmick: The Luchador; Tecnico (Face)
Hailing From: Mexico City, Mexico
Entrance: The lights go out and the first few bars of Bamoleo by the Gypsy Kings play before being cut off by a woman's evil laughter. The song then hard cuts to the Ensiferum cover as a blast of green pyro lights up the darkness. A few spotlights then show on La Vibora, running out and high fiving as many fans as she can as she does one circuit around the ring. Finally she slides into the ring and bobs her upper body and head like a snake. If her opponent is already down at the ring, she will also stare at them unblinkingly during this time.
Want: A Championship Title!
Finisher: Twisted Fang - A crazy highflying maneuver and former signature move of El Vibora. The attacker half runs/half climbs up the ring ropes to the top in the middle of the ring (not at the turnbuckle) and immediatly jumps off into a phoneixrana.

How much about PbtA do you know? A lot, its one of my fave systems. Currently involved in another PtbA game on this very site.

How much about professional wrestling do you know? Quite a bit, used to watch it religiously with my sister back in the days of "The Merger" and the fall of the WCW.

Last edited by EmmaRae; Dec 3rd, 2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old Dec 1st, 2021, 04:05 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9639
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
That is a lot of Heels so far
Old Dec 1st, 2021, 08:52 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18592
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Hey, everyone wants to be the bad guy! Lilith is really more of a tweener though, but the rules don't account for that.
Old Dec 2nd, 2021, 01:25 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
Hey, everyone wants to be the bad guy! Lilith is really more of a tweener though, but the rules don't account for that.
Nothing wrong with that. Villains always have the most fun anyways Truth be told I think Lilith and Pain would make a great pairing. Pain needs someone to 'Have Summoned him from the Depths of Hell' and to speak on his behalf so that he can keep his mystique. In exchange Lilith gets a big old spooky meat wall to stand behind as she Provokes the competition; at least until Pain breaks free of her 'Witchy Control' and makes his Heel turn.

It even works if both are eventually making the Heel turn. Maybe Pain goes first after breaking free of her control, turning against his dark mistress. This opens up an epic 'War' between the two with Pain hunting after those Lilith corrupts to her side as he closes in on Lilith herself. But eventually, maybe after a betrayal from her would be protectors Lilith is put in 'real' danger only to have Pain rescue her. This helps open up a redemption arch for Lilith as she starts realizing that maybe she wants more then just mindless minions or questionable allies while Pain continues to hunt those who truly deserve to be punished. He's not punishing the guilty to 'Drag People to Hell' as much as scare them straight so that they don't face the same 'Fate' he did when he first passed on.

Oooohh! So many ideas

Might have to change his name to Curse though, as in 'The Witch's Curse upon Apex Wrestling'. I did like the idea of the 'Rack of Pain' being his finisher but maybe something else could work just as well.

Last edited by taleteller50; Dec 2nd, 2021 at 01:41 AM.
Old Dec 3rd, 2021, 05:52 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 194
Behelit Behelit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
Hey, everyone wants to be the bad guy!

Last edited by Behelit; Dec 3rd, 2021 at 05:52 PM.
Old Dec 3rd, 2021, 09:27 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae
Okay, I think La Vibora is done.
Old Dec 3rd, 2021, 11:22 PM
WotC can bite me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6505
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherwolf View Post
I've updated the ad but for the record wants are found opposite the heat and above momentum on the first page of each gimmick. Each gimmick has four generic wants:

- A Championship Title!
- Join a Group!
- Revenge!
- Domination!
- Adulation of the Crowd!

Then a gimmick specific one, for the hardcore gimmick its "Rasie the Bar For Violence"
Then perhaps I'm looking at the wrong pdf. On this pdf Heat is on the first page and Momentum is on the second page of each gimmick.

For his generic Want, I picked Adulation of the Crowd!

(If he settles for Raise the Bar For Violence, if he fails to get the crowd. Well, I see Joey--Joey, not Hugo--headed to a dark place...)
Old Dec 4th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Behelit Behelit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire64 View Post
Then perhaps I'm looking at the wrong pdf. On this pdf Heat is on the first page and Momentum is on the second page of each gimmick.

For his generic Want, I picked Adulation of the Crowd!

(If he settles for Raise the Bar For Violence, if he fails to get the crowd. Well, I see Joey--Joey, not Hugo--headed to a dark place...)
I was making that mistake too, and then I realized I was completely missing the second edition PDFs, which are the first set of links on the right side of the page.

Last edited by Behelit; Dec 4th, 2021 at 11:09 AM.
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 07:54 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5289
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behelit View Post
I was making that mistake too, and then I realized I was completely missing the second edition PDFs, which are the first set of links on the right side of the page.
I should have made that more clear. I apologise to all, I've updated the ad to this link.

Also, I'm loving all the wrestlers so far. Even if we have a full heel group, all that means is we'll have a series of "Who's the bigger monster" and "Bad Vs Evil" Story lines. Or everyone line up in front of the Hulk Hogan expy to be pinned in increasingly ridiculous finishes, give it the real old school wrestling feel
Old Dec 6th, 2021, 02:20 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Behelit Behelit
I'm trying to come up with a good babyface, but I've never been able.to pull them off, even back in my e-fedding days.
Old Dec 7th, 2021, 01:35 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Added the Roleplay Sample. Had a little hard of a time figuring this out, given Pain's likely silent nature but I think his gives an idea of how he can work.
Old Dec 7th, 2021, 04:15 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
A list of the current wrestlers
PlayerWrestlerGimmikRoleConcept
Solitaire64Hugo CaponeHardcore?Heel?Typical Harda$$
taleteller50PainMonsterHeelHorrer Inspired Man of Mystery
BehelitFlex FullerVeteranHeelOld Timer looking for a Comeback and a Team
PalladiaMorsLilithProvocateurHeelWitchy Daughter of a Retired Monster
EmmaRaeLa ViboraLuchadorFaceLady Luchador Aiming for the Top

Last edited by taleteller50; Dec 7th, 2021 at 04:27 PM.
Old Dec 7th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5289
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behelit View Post
I'm trying to come up with a good babyface, but I've never been able.to pull them off, even back in my e-fedding days.
Being a babyface in a world where everyone basically has testosterone poisoning is a hard concept to do. Like you have to be arrogant and boastful but not disrespectful or insulting, its a hell of a line to walk. But as an aside, Flex Fuller seems to have kind of a hulk hogan/macho man vibe to him. IIRC those guys, while being faces, really did some moves that would be considered heel moves by anyone else that didn't have the kind of push they did

Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Added the Roleplay Sample. Had a little hard of a time figuring this out, given Pain's likely silent nature but I think his gives an idea of how he can work.
I need you to know that Apex's new interviewer is now Will B. Reitbac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
A list of the current wrestlers
PlayerWrestlerGimmikRoleConcept
Solitaire64Hugo CaponeHardcore?Heel?Typical Harda$$
taleteller50PainMonsterHeelHorrer Inspired Man of Mystery
BehelitFlex FullerVeteranHeelOld Timer looking for a Comeback and a Team
PalladiaMorsLilithProvocateurHeelWitchy Daughter of a Retired Monster
EmmaRaeLa ViboraLuchadorFaceLady Luchador Aiming for the Top
Thanks for this, its been on my todo list to create. Look at all those lovely heels though, I'll still leave this open until the 11th and see if we can get anyone else but I think we have a good team to go with

Last edited by Preacherwolf; Dec 7th, 2021 at 06:26 PM.
Old Dec 7th, 2021, 05:48 PM
WotC can bite me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6505
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
I didn't really think of Hugo as either a babyface or a heel, but he is definitely closer to the former than the later. If he sees being on the side of the angels as getting him loyal fans, he'll keep his act clean. Well, clean-er.

I could see him as a problematic ally of a goody two-shoes; Hugo respects his ally's ethics, yet uses the heel tactics the first time the bad guys cross the line.
Old Dec 12th, 2021, 03:40 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
*awaits the ring bell with baited breath*