DnD5e Critical Role: Call of the Netherdeep - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 21st, 2022, 01:25 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33779
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
QuestionDue to their origins in Wildemount and inclusion on dndb, are Blood Hunters allowed for this game despite not being officially published in EGtW?

Last edited by Retry; Sep 21st, 2022 at 01:26 PM.
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 01:30 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1453
ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
QuestionDue to their origins in Wildemount and inclusion on dndb, are Blood Hunters allowed for this game despite not being officially published in EGtW?
They are indeed available for play!

M-F is pretty open. Weekend is sporadic. Come get to know me and ask a question!

Old Sep 21st, 2022, 02:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2086
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDM View Post
2. Artificers are a bit of a touchy class in this setting. I would say they could work, but they wouldn't have an Eberron level of technology available. Yes, it would be more Hupperdook and less Aeor.

3. It depends on the "re-flavouring" that you go for. If you could expand on this, I would appreciate it, as the concept is a bit too vague to comment on fully right now.
2) ok cool. If I do decide to build an artificer I'll run ideas by you first then if that's cool?

3) So I was thinking like, there's reflavouring such as injecting a serum for Rage which might cause some narrative wonk if you're captured, or your character is missing an arm, but there's minimal mechanical impact, or like all the spells you cast behave like telekinesis even if they look a bit like existing spells, such as flinging debris for eldrich blast and still having catapult available....that sort of thing....
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 03:02 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM
So I would say for both of those points that I am very open to discussion on elements of your character to fit what you are looking for. Of course, if something is too "off the wall" in terms of narrative or mechanical cohesion and consistency, I will have to either dial it back or adjust. But there is always a compromise waiting to be had, and my ears (or eyes, I suppose) are open to your preferences and creativity!

M-F is pretty open. Weekend is sporadic. Come get to know me and ask a question!

Last edited by ForeverDM; Sep 21st, 2022 at 03:03 PM.
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 11:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8436
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
QuestionaireWhat interested you in applying for this game? I think it would be fun to play in Exandria, it would be a refreshing change of scenery and (hopefully) a fun, new, experience.

Do you feel like a commitment to a long play-by-post game is feasible for you? How many posts do you feel you could make in a week? 3ish? It really depends on how quickly the other players respond, I have had a few issues with writers block slowing me down in the past while I try and figure out what to do with my characters.

Are you a Critical Role fan? If so, are you willing to play in the setting without seeking out canonical characters and/or material unless it is appropriate to the adventure? I have a real Love/Hate relationship with Critical Role. I enjoyed most of CR2 and I loved LoVM on Amazon Prime but that's about it... I tried watching CR1 years ago but couldn't get in to it, so I am happy that they are revisiting it with the show! I have also watched a few episodes of CR3 but it felt slow and tedious to me. Once Robbie left, I just kind of stopped caring and tuning in to it. I hated eXu part 1, but part 2 was great... I watched the first episode of Calamity and it had it's moments but I never really felt compelled to watch the rest of it.

I'd prefer if we didn't run in to any canonical characters as I would probably not remember who they were (unless it was a member of the main cast/Kiri) Although it might be fun to run into Marion...after all, She IS the best Lay ever!

This campaign will use D&DBeyond for character sheets, and you will be added to a campaign with the other players using the site. Are you comfortable with D&DBeyond and using it for gameplay, character info, and keeping notes? I'm more familiar with RPGX, but I do have a free account on D&DBeyond. I'm sure I could learn how to use it if accepted, however I have no books purchased through them so would need you to share them to fill out my applications.

This campaign will use Discord solely for the purposes of OOC communication. Will this work for you? I have discord but don't really use it anymore... I don't think it's necessarily better than an OOC thread, but again I can use it if required.

Applications
left-aligned image
Character Concept: Tank/Damage Dealer

Character Name: Ratt Nightsteel

Character Class/Desired Subclass: Barbarian (Totem) / Rogue Multiclass

Character Race: Half-Orc

Physical Description: Sturdy and Steadfast, Ratt has a muddy complexion and thick oily brown hair that hangs down to his shoulders. He stands at roughly 18 hands (5'11) with a broad frame, honed from years of conflicts.

Idea of Backstory: Ratt is an Urchin from Shadycreek Run (nicknamed Rat as a child, it just kind of stuck. He adds an extra "t" to try and differentiate himself from rodents) but was not accepted as a member of one of the ruling families. He has relied on his genetics to literally fight for his survival, powering his way through life by intimidation/stealing food or bar brawling for enough coin to live. He would have come to Urzin in hopes of being hired on for a big enough score to change his stars.

right-aligned image
Character Concept: Gish

Character Name: Seline Goldstream

Character Class/Desired Subclass: Sorcerer (Draconic Origin) / Fighter (undecided) Multiclass

Character Race: Half-Elf

Physical Description: Seline has long dark hair, and piercing green eyes that betray an impish curiosity. She is of average build, and while she has a certain charm, she is rather unremarkable in most aspects of her appearance.

Idea of Backstory: Privately tutored on the Menagerie Coast, Seline has lead a rather privileged, if not overly luxurious life. As a baby, Seline displayed her Sorceress' Origins and so her non-magical parents gave her over to be taught how to properly control her magic. I don't remember if there were any formal schools to learn Magic outside of the Dwendalian Empire so was thinking it would have been more of an apprenticeship. She would have come to Urzin out of a curiosity to learn/explore more of the world, and a desire to help if she can.

Last edited by Alemar; Sep 22nd, 2022 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Refining Characters
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 11:24 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for the application Alemar! I have added you to the roster!

No worries at all about not being familiar with D&DBeyond, I will help along the way, and I will share the books, so no problem there either!

I get that each campaign has its ups and downs and isn't "for" everyone, but in the end as long as you enjoy playing, that's what matters!

Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 04:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDM View Post
So I would say for both of those points that I am very open to discussion on elements of your character to fit what you are looking for. Of course, if something is too "off the wall" in terms of narrative or mechanical cohesion and consistency, I will have to either dial it back or adjust. But there is always a compromise waiting to be had, and my ears (or eyes, I suppose) are open to your preferences and creativity!
Brilliant - good to know.....I'll try and whittle it down to 2 concepts!
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 07:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@ForeverDM

Application Complete!
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 07:30 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Great! I will be providing feedback to everyone's applications within the next week or so. I am currently plugging away at getting this setting guide all set up for the campaign and all of you as applicants, so you can have a more robust set of information to work with.

Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 07:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2524
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
Application questions
Questions for application:

What interested me? First thing that caught my eye was "Critical Role" I have been watching the show since the beginning. So it is good to meet another Critter. After that is was the amount of detail you have compiled. The more the DM cares about the game the more I want to look deeper into their story. I think it i an interesting setting to start, not just 'You start in a tavern"

Long term commitment: Until recently, I was in a long term game that lasted for 3 years. So as long as there are players to play and a DM that is still enjoying it I will post. I can post 2 times a week without a problem.

Crit fan: Yes I am a fan, but I will not seek out the characters.

DnD Beyond: I have only used the program once, I don't have any of the books on my account, but I like the program. It has been a minute, but I am willing to use it.

Discord: I am on Discord daily, so I have no issue with using it.

Writing sample:

Character ideas

Last edited by Cheshire; Sep 30th, 2022 at 10:44 PM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 08:01 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome Cheshire, I will add you to the roster under Pending!

Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 11:34 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33779
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Applicant Retry reporting in!
QuestionnaireWhat interested you in applying for this game?-
I have run a two-year long campaign set in the Greying Wildlands (Shadycreek, mainly) for my wife and her friends. This required me to become quite familiar with Exandria, and I would love to explore it as a player. I also have observed your DM-style here on the site and would love to experience it first-hand.

Do you feel like a commitment to a long pbp game is feasible for you? What is your post-rate?
I have been active on the site almost daily for the past four years. So I can definitely handle a long-haul game
Depending on the expected post size I can push 2-3/wk but am more comfortable with 1-2/wk.

Are you a fan of Critical Role? Will you seek out canonical stuff?
Despite being familiar with Exandria and the show I do not consider myself a fan. My wife is. I learned the setting for her and know of the on-goings of things through her haha. I have no interest in seeking out any of the canonically established characters or npcs.

Do you use D&DBeyond?
Yep! I've been subscribed to it for a few years now.

Do you use Discord?
Yep! No problem there either!~

Writing samples?
Note: Both character concept art generated via Midjourney (AI).

feedback replyFeedback for Atoli Shepherd and Kimmaath

Last edited by Retry; Oct 1st, 2022 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added feedback section to keep it clean
Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 01:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
was REALLY interested in making an application for this game, but the added use of dischord, and D&D Beyond lost me. Good luck with the game

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2
Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 01:47 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry to hear that IrishKatt, hope you have a great day!

Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 02:17 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Update on 9/23/22: I have begun to construct an encyclopedia of sorts for the campaign setting. If you wish to use it for your applications and general knowledge, use the thread located here. More information will be added onto it soon!

Last edited by ForeverDM; Sep 23rd, 2022 at 02:17 PM.