PF-1e Wrath of the Righteous: Paths of Ascent - Page 19 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 3rd, 2022, 08:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14752
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Some interesting game ideas for sure and I am sure any of them would go well, classless system sounds interesting I haven't looked into that before but sounds like I have some more reading to do at some point
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25420
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
LeoByron,

Since you like systems, I've been tinkering with a classless character point based variant for PBP. Earn 1-2 character point per post, buy everything (skills, feats, hp, talents, slots etc) via character points. 40cp per level is base pathfinder. 60cp per level is much like mythic advancement.

I've been toying with several scenarios mapped for into the character point system:
- A Great And Terrible Burning, post apocalyptic Southern California, drawing from Empire of the East (Saberhagen) and Dies the Fire (Stirling).
- The Shattered World, spacefaring via magic in the far future in the same universe as my Spheres/ Sweetwater campaign
- Mountains in the Moon, Renaissance era lunar exploration under the tutalage of Gallileo and King James.

The advantage of the character point system is the flexibility and continuity of advancement. One needs to be a bit of an accounting nerd though.

Alas -- no time pursue these games, but I might start one of them someday using the character point system
Seems like an interesting idea but it would require a tremendous amount of careful planning to determine the cost of each ability. You might also need to mitigate limits on how many character points players get since you may get players trying to game the system by posting more often than they otherwise might just to maximize character points. Maybe a limit to possible character points earned between GM posts? Something to that effect.

All those plot ideas sound interesting and the second one could easily incorporate Spelljammer rules in some way I reckon.
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 03:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6399
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@LeoByron - Indeed, I've had many of those considerations already. I'll share the system for feedback when I get a chance.
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 03:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6399
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
The votes have come in from players, and I've reviewed the applications.

For excellence in storytelling and in-depth knowledge of the system, LeoByron's Veronica Bliss is welcomed to Wrath of the Righteous: Paths of Ascent.

For our other applicants, thank you for your interest. We play together in a variety games and you are long-standing members of this community -- and so I'm appreciative of your interest in the game. However ... time is limited to accept and work with characters.

LeoByron --
-- Please post Veronica here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19935
-- One point of feedback that you might use to modify her background. In what ways is Veronica good aligned? She seems so far vengeance-minded and dangerous in a creepy way, but not exactly benevolent or kind hearted.
-- Please adjust the very tail end of her story -- she did not fall into darkness with the other PCs. She was perhaps a the violent conflict of dragon queen vs. demon lord that shattered Kenebres, but since she would have been on the surface for about two weeks after the disaster, and made her way to Defender's Heart, where she finds that among the cities shattered defenders the player-character group is the most dynamic and promising of all the individuals aligned against the abyss.
-- There are some others who have in-game that have similarities to Veronica. Salix was the mythic changeling witch descended from Riftwarden's. Darkness loving, beautiful but dangerous. So a quasi-duplicate of Veronica. You'll want to differentiate away from her. Also, there is already a creepy little tag-along girl, the NPC Mullana.

There is an out-of-character thread, here:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19938
Players strategize and meta-game a bit. That's OK -- I toss enough nightmarish and rule-bending monstrosities at you that figuring out together how to endure together can be necessary.

What's going on right now are six mini story-telling challenges, here:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...=223266&page=2

What you do is the six of you each pick one of the six stories to tell (or maybe not one of those six). Tell the story ... and there will be consequences. You have a bit of a free playing field to co-invent with me and the other players as we go along. But rewards and consequences will flow mostly out of the challenges I stand up in front of you all.

In particular, shortly after this current sequence there will be a series of melee/combat challenges (each like a full battle but resolved in a single post per PC) concluding with a tactical on-map combat with a boss monster.

That will take you to level 5.

Something similar will happen again, which will complete chapter 2, and take you to 6th level.

So those are your stage directions, after that it's improv. And you all as players are co-creating this story and world in many ways as much as I am.
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 04:21 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8553
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Cat

If you go with a Dies the Fire type campaign, please ping me. I have run a very similar campaign for over 35 years. In fact, since a couple years before Dies the Fire was published. My magic was more D&D, but otherwise Stephen and I came up with pretty much the same physics and politics.
My Campaign was Minnesota centered, although players have been from 5 or 6 different countries.
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 04:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5635
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Well done LeoByron.

I'll see you all in other games, I have no doubt.
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14752
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Congrats LeoByron, a great character for sure, you guys/gals/raccoons with stolen phones have fun and I'm sure I will see you all around.