PF-1e Wrath of the Righteous: Paths of Ascent - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 27th, 2022, 02:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6399
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
grumblyarcher, Reaper is 3PP and not allowed.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 02:18 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25470
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Perfect, thanks for the clarification.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 02:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Since we are on companions, one more note:

Permanent companion hit points are 100% per HD. Companions that are summoned, hired, purchased or otherwise temporary are 50% per HD.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 02:29 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Oh damn... Leadership Feat is allowed? I always assume it is banned lol. Yeah that makes my concept significantly easier to flesh out then...
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 02:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Reminder to applicants -- picking your Campaign Trait is critical for whatever future mythic path you might land on. That is one of WOTRs charming innovations, and I'm running with it. Even if you plan to stick with Gestalt, the traits are still above average and can also seed your background.

--

@LeoByron -- In Wrath of the Righteous, the book version actually recommends giving Leadership as a bonus feat to everyone.

After all, the PCs are supposed to be leaders of the 5th Crusade against the Worldwound.

Of course, to manage game-time, crusade leadership will be mostly storytelling, not played out in detail.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 27th, 2022 at 02:37 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 06:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5635
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Reminder to applicants -- picking your Campaign Trait is critical for whatever future mythic path you might land on. That is one of WOTRs charming innovations, and I'm running with it. Even if you plan to stick with Gestalt, the traits are still above average and can also seed your background.
So, are we still allowed to pick Campaign Traits from other Campaign Paths if we are sure that we want to go Gestalt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
@LeoByron -- In Wrath of the Righteous, the book version actually recommends giving Leadership as a bonus feat to everyone.

After all, the PCs are supposed to be leaders of the 5th Crusade against the Worldwound.

Of course, to manage game-time, crusade leadership will be mostly storytelling, not played out in detail.
Like I said before, I want to give my Character the Thrallherd Prestige Class, which is essentially a more Powerful version of Leadership. I have a plan of how I can use/represent this in both Gameplay and Storytelling/Roleplay.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 07:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
So, are we still allowed to pick Campaign Traits from other Campaign Paths if we are sure that we want to go Gestalt?
Yes.

I'm just emphasizing the importance of the choice as some people were picking mythic paths w/o connecting them to the associated background. When you start with a specific Campaign Trait, there may be specific entities or events you are connected to occurring later in the story. Picking away from that list means there's not a pre-planned connection somewhere inside the Worldwound awaiting discovery.

Quote:
Like I said before, I want to give my Character the Thrallherd Prestige Class, which is essentially a more Powerful version of Leadership. I have a plan of how I can use/represent this in both Gameplay and Storytelling/Roleplay.
Sure.

Within the storytelling there is room for a lot of NPCs led by PCs one way or another. (In the computer game you could have zombie armies, mind-controlled armies, etc. for players on unsavory paths.)

But note I did express guidance that I expect PCs to adventure with at most one leveled companion at a time.

So, that rules out a lot of builds. For example that disallows the knight who has a mount, who has a cohort who has a mount. (That's 3 leveled companions, not 1. Solution: take the mount or the cohort, not both, on any given expedition.)

Motivations include: keep the spotlight on PCs not swarms of NPCs. Avoid PCs who mechanically dominate and crowd other players out. Simplify the game mechanically so it proceeds at a brisk pace and does not exhaust me or anyone else.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 27th, 2022 at 07:50 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 09:52 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5517
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
I had a question about the Companion Bond Mythic Advancement and what that would look like if applied to a familiar? Say I had a hare familiar, would it eventually become a scene from Monte Python and the Holy GrailKiller Rabbit of Caerbannog?

Old Apr 27th, 2022, 11:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Kenjitsu,

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. But I'll mention a few things.

Basic familiars have feeble advancement:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...zard/familiar/

The Companion Bond is somewhat wasted on them -- better on an Improved Familiar, or other sorts of companions that more properly scale with level.

But suppose you were mythic rank 5, you'd have 5 ranks of bonus HP, mythic feats and mythic path abilities all piled on the rabbit. (Rabbits don't have a lot of base feats, so the mythic feats might even have to go toward buying base feats.)

Itty bitty widdle teeth, bypasssing damage reduction, and causing explosive shockwaves in a ten foot radius.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 27th, 2022 at 12:35 PM.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 11:44 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5517
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Thanks. That did answer No Bionic Bunnies Bouncing around.my question.

Old Apr 27th, 2022, 04:16 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
A question regarding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook
Limit to High Caster Level/Base Attack Bonus. Characters cannot gain more than a +2, +1 per 4 character levels, as a bonus to caster level or base attack bonus from any combination of any sources (whether temporary or permanent increases).
Does this include Caster Level Bonuses gained from Implements or just more tangible caster level bonuses like those granted by the Thaumaturge's Forbidden Lore or the Mythic Casting
You gain a +1 mythic bonus to your caster level in two spheres. This bonus increases by +1 at 3rd tier and each odd tier thereafter.
Mythic Casting Universal Spherecaster Class Feature?

I want to take the latter Mythic Universal Class Feature but would also like to have an implement, eventually, but if the caster level limit is a hard one, obviously I won't be able to do that and it will affect whether or not I bother with Item Crafting Feats.

Last edited by LeoByron; Apr 27th, 2022 at 04:17 PM.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 08:15 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7537
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posting interest! I love to play the psionic characters. I'll try and get something put together soon.

Last edited by ricktur63; Apr 28th, 2022 at 10:54 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 04:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
15 days to go, plenty of time.

10 players potentially interested, only a couple builds getting far along -- ask me when something needs a close review.

As I think of what to admit, I'm looking for a somewhat diverse mix of mechanics, player experience levels and character types etc.

Rubric for evaluating submissionsRubric for evaluating submissions
  • Balance and diversity
    • Experience: 1-2 new/newish to site, otherwise veterans
    • Supports basic party balance: Brick, Healer, Face, Magical utility, Melee DPS, Ranged/Area DPS
    • Alignment: max 0-2 evil (party averages neutral or better)
    • No more than 1 duplicated Campaign Trait
  • Qualitative factors:
    • Writing skill
    • Likelihood to play well with others
    • Thematic fits to city of Kanebres, the Worldwound crusader theme, and Golarion
  • Mechanics:
    • Class source mix: at least 1-2 character using, but at least 2 characters not using each of: Path of War, Spheres of Might, Spheres of Power, Vancian casting, Psionics
    • Mythic vs gestalt mix: 2 of each minimum

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 28th, 2022 at 04:14 AM.
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 04:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@LeoByron - clarification added.

Quote:
Limit to High Caster Level/Base Attack Bonus. Characters cannot gain more than a +2 +1 per 4 character levels as a bonus to caster level or base attack bonus from any combination of intrinsic sources (i.e. character mythic or class abilities, whether temporary or permanent increases). This does not apply to enhancement bonuses from items (weapons, implements, etc.), which add as usual.
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 08:43 AM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12047
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Ended up kind of wildly changing ideas. On a whim I looked at the hive spheres prestige class and fell in love. Its goofy but everyone needs a good drink every now and then, even crusder generals.