PF-1e Wrath of the Righteous: Paths of Ascent - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2022, 01:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6399
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Admin, dbaque is right. You never advance just 1 mythic level, you are always getting 2 levels at a time, which means +1 mythic rank.

This table shows all the possibilities (ignoring multiclassing):

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 6.09.48 AM.png
Views:	380
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	95648  

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 2nd, 2022 at 01:12 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 06:54 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 81190
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
thanks, i get we are advancing two at a time, but for building... i like linear.

I think I got it, now.

Per the table, I cannot be gestalt and mythic both "sides", correct? Because that would require two separate paths/traits.

For example, a rogue//cleric gestalt, with mythic paths on both sides would not be allowed.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 08:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Admin Dirk,

One you have 1 mythic rank, you can take this mythic feat:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative...l-path-mythic/

That lets you advance along two different mythic paths. It doesn't give you extras, though, and you don't advance your mythic abilities on levels in which you are advancing your gestalt abilities. You never get doubled mythic advancement, rather your existing feats/path abilities get to dip into both paths that you have access to.

But ... it's an interesting option. Especially if you covet the 1st-tier ability of another path.

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 2nd, 2022 at 10:21 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 09:41 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5517
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Can our Mythic Bounded Implement (and in my case it will also be my Gnostic bounded implemented) be an amulet? I know it needs to have the ability to be disarmed or removed and that rings were not an option, but wasn't sure if an amulet would be acceptable since it is secured around the neck even though it could somewhat easily be removed.

Old May 2nd, 2022, 10:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Kenjitsu,

An amulet is fine. It could be subject to theft or directly attacked (rare!) but would not be subject to being disarmed.

If you hide it, you are limited to passive mythic abilities. If you wear it openly, you can use active mythic abilities (e.g. things that require rolls or that you spent mythic power for.)
Old May 2nd, 2022, 11:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20042
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
@CCC: Just making sure you didn't miss these questions. Thanks.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 12:29 PM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5517
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
I am ready for an initial review and feedback.

I have the general character concept planned out. I still need to add the example for the application but there should be enough there to let you know whether or not I am on the right path. I am also open to any suggestions on things to consider for the character development.

I do plan on adding more details (like significant people in my character's life), but it shouldn't change the current details, just enhance them.

Last edited by Kenjitsu; May 2nd, 2022 at 04:45 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 01:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Are any of the origin talents available? It is a pretty recent addition to the spheres site and allows adding some racial abilities with the Extra Origin Talent feat.
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/origins

Not at this time. I may look at them when I get a chance, but assume "no" until I post otherwise.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 01:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Kenjitsu -- thanks. I'll take a look when time permits.

dbaque - I saw your questions, I'll get to them in the next day or so.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 01:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5635
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Culler is ready for review too, when you have time.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 07:53 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 81190
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
I think Salix is close to ready. Still need to do more with her sheet, but the rest of her application is done.

I am building her as a spheres of power witch, but if balance required for the party, I can super easily switch to standard pathfinder witch.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 01:18 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25420
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I keep fiddling with Veronica's progression. I really need to flesh out her background but I like to fully grasp what my characters will be able to do to incorporate that into who they are.

That said, would you say that Ascendant Mind grants the Divination, Mind and Telekinesis Sphere with the Mental Power ability? Wording might imply it and I've seen a GM rule that it does.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 03:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
dbaque -

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 3rd, 2022 at 03:15 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 03:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron --

Quote:
That said, would you say that Ascendant Mind grants the Divination, Mind and Telekinesis Sphere with the Mental Power ability? Wording might imply it and I've seen a GM rule that it does.

Quote:
Mental Powers
At each even numbered class level, the ascendant mind gains an additional magic talent of her choice from the Divination, Mind, or Telekinesis sphere

This replaces detect thoughts and discipline spells.
No, it does not give you those spheres. It gives you what it says and nothing extra unwritten, so you will need to purchase the base spheres if you want to benefit from additional magical talents in those spheres.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 03:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Kenjitsu,

We are using the Feat tax fix (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/) – which means Point Blank Shot is no longer a prerequisite for Precise Shot (or for anything else.) You can keep Point Blank Shot if you really want the +1 to hit, +1 damage in 30’ … but if you were just taking it to meet a prerequisite, then you can swap it out for something else.

Next supposing you were taking “Precise Shot”. Given that we are using Spheres of Might, using a feat to take the Sniper Sphere instead of “Precise Shot” is always superior, because it both gives you Precise Shot right of the bat, plus it gives you more options. http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/sniper

And, if you really wanted the +1/+1 that Point-Blank Shot gives you, that comes as a freebee alongside taking the Barrage Sphere: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/barrage . That still qualifies you to take Point-Blank Shot (Mythic) to get to +2/+2 & etc.

What two Mythic Boons would you be choosing for Ken? They are on the Mythic Traditions tab here:
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/mythic-spheres