Game Thread It's A Lost Art - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Serenity > Freedom's Flight
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 02:08 PM
BlackDragon0's Avatar
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 is offline
BlackDragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 4081
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
Posts: 3,255
David Stone
right-aligned image
Stone looks at Hasan. " I am first officer DavidStone, Hero glad to see someone who won't try and talk my ear off.
MR. Hasan sorry to hear that flying is all you live for. Me I fly for 3 reasons it was required as a operative, it helps me hunt down bounties, and most importantly I enjoy it. Live for hmm never herd it put that depressingly. Like saying you work cause it's all you live for... "
David says. (A mute mechanic could be an issue in a emergency but otherwise I like it.) Thinks David " The Captian looks about done since you been hired gents would you like to help watch her back. Ohh and as for alliance I already filled my bounty ID with them as flying on the Hunter. We'll get less trouble than you think. " He adds. Hoping the mechanic was the last hire.

He see the musician/ conartist approach. And he asks a question. He akes a moment to answer before he tries to continue to get to know Hasan. " We are waiting to be certain that the captain doesn't need me before we board. As you may have herd Hasan has dibs on bunks. You might just be sharing one with your friend over there." He tells the man.







ooc
[dice]1d6 /dice] will power
[dice]1d4 /dice]



__________________
" Dragons who fly alone, Die alone!" Games: Storm?(Wm) David Stone ( serenity) & Wildblade( pf1e) https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...06#post9374506
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...13#post9375113

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Aug 6th, 2022 at 09:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 02:11 PM
kenneth's Avatar
kenneth kenneth is offline
Shakiest Gun in the Verse
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 14669
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Posts: 6,057
Raife Gilkyson
left-aligned image
Anger flashed across Raife's weather worn face. Just as quickly it was replaced with a wry smile and then a chuckle.

Dumbass!Chwen! He's got ever' reason ta think his beef with the Almighty ranks as high as yers. Though I don't recall endorsin' any perticular church, much less THE church, whatever the Merciless HellAi Yah Tien Ah that is.

Raife scratched the stubble of his chin in thought. Another wry grin crept across his face.

Suppose the biggest church there is calls itself the Alliance. In fairness to 'em I imagine he's more concerned with the one what taught him 'bout religiosity in the first place. Even if ya cain't believe no more, them teachens tend ta leave a mark on yer heart forever.

And ever-body got a beef. And ever-body knows their's ranks 'cause it's their'n. And few blame their troubles on their own self. Suppose most of the troubles of the Verse are at least a team effort anyhow.


The ship's youth of a captain seemed to have hired everyone who showed up. It occurred to Raife that this was good for his hiring prospects but there were a thousand ways it should be a red flag.

It's like be an adventure. That's for sure.

As the new crew shuffles in there's only himself and the burly tank of a woman called Hero left outside. Raife had never encountered someone who was mute that wasn't also deaf. He didn't see any scars, then chided himself for his curiosity.

Ain't a fly in my coffee. Looks capable, she does. Got one a each of ever'thin there is in 'er kit, too. Pretty penny in that pile. She's good or her mama's fancy.

The tall man hooked his thumbs into his belt and waited his turn.
__________________
“If I pee far, it’s because I stand on the shoulders of giants.”
~ Howard Tayler

Last edited by kenneth; Aug 4th, 2022 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Aug 5th, 2022, 02:20 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,033
JohnWilliams
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
" We are waiting to be certain that the captain doesn't need me before we board. As you may have herd Hasan has dibs on bunks. You might
just be sharing one with your friend over there."
left-aligned image

"Ah, well ave fun with that Mr. Sub commander sir yes sir.
Capn told us ta store our gear an pick out a bunk. Sounds like she's eager to shove off, so I'll be on that then. I'll need ta take a quick trip out ta close out on my flat in the station an say a few goodbyes to the lasses. If there's any last minute supplies as you need me to sort out, I can have er done. I know some folks. Maybe some extra cleaner for the mirror or sommat."

John throws a wink at Hasan.

With that he heads up the ramp to find a place in the cargo hold to dump his kit temporarily. Hopefully there's a container so he can put it somewhere it won't be visible from outside the ship.

Smokes. He should see if he can find another carton or two of Silk Cuts. They're hard enough to find already, so if they go to the real boonies he might have to settle for some generic brand or worse *shudder* menthols.

With that done he heads back down to mention the potential supply run to the captain. He glances over her shoulder at the cards.
He gives the mute woman a smile and a wave.
"Ello Ms. Hero. Bet I'll do enough talking for the two of us. Ears work OK?"
__________________
I live again!
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, and Davion.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Aug 6th, 2022, 08:22 PM
Zangul Zangul is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2022
RPXP: 320
Zangul Zangul Zangul Zangul
Posts: 866
Malcolm walking off the transport shuttle into the Reno Skyplex, looks around seeing if any of the henchmen of Mark Sanchez had followed him. Once the thought had passed over he continued on looking for The ship that he applied to be the gun hand for. Malcolm wasn't really the type to take a job as part of a crew, but ever since him being framed for the murder of arms dealer Frank Sanchez, the brother of Mark Sanchez. He figured getting a job as member a ship would keep him on the move. Malcolm figured if he came out that he was being hunted by The Cartel boss Mark Sanchez he would tell them what happened and hopefully the crew would help clear his name. As he goes walking down the streets he takes in the sight. As he enters the space port he see's severally people talking to Mr. Hasan. Well he goes nothin.

He walks up to Mr. Hasan. " Greetings Mr. Hasan I am Malcolm O'Brien I am here about being your gun for hire. I served with the Marines and specialized in hand guns, snipers, heavyguns such as gunship guns. I also can serve you as a personal bodyguard or security for the ship." holds out his hand as he greets the man.
__________________
Posting is Slow getting caught up.!

You can't kill what you can't see,
But what you can't see can kill you! Quote from Nailo moonshade Phantom Rogue
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Aug 6th, 2022, 09:15 PM
BlackDragon0's Avatar
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 is offline
BlackDragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 4081
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
Posts: 3,255
David Stone
right-aligned image
Stone looks at Hasan. " Excuse Mei! I am first officer DavidStone! You see that lady over there she's the captain You want on this ship you see her!" David Yells so everyone can hear. Ashe begins to pull his katana from within his trench coat. And gives both Hasan and the new comer a glare that says breathe and die.Thinks David " At this rate you'll all be banking on the cargo bay floor. " He adds to Hasan.

He see the musician/ conartist set his stuff in the cargo bay. " You'll be lucky if that ain't your bunk there." He tells the man.







ooc
[dice]1d6 /dice] will power
[dice]1d4 /dice]



__________________
" Dragons who fly alone, Die alone!" Games: Storm?(Wm) David Stone ( serenity) & Wildblade( pf1e) https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...06#post9374506
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...13#post9375113

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Aug 10th, 2022 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 01:07 AM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 25402
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 7,269
Kierra Sinclair
right-aligned image

Kierra nodded as the mute girl selected new cards. "Ah, I see," she said. "Well, pleasure to meet you...Hero, is it? I presume not 'Ms. Hero', or anything like that?" She gave a genuine smile; she liked the girl. Simple and direct, though the lack of speaking certainly lent itself to that a bit. "Well, Hero, we are, in fact, looking for a mechanic. The ship's in fair running order at the moment, but I'd like a diagnostic once we get underway, if you would? That'll help me evaluate issues, as well as your capability as a mechanic. If you do the job, you get an even share while you're with us, same as anyone. I presume you have 'Yes' and 'No' cards to let me know if you're interested?"

About that point, she became aware of some of the conversations going on around her, particularly from David, who was exercising a bit of vocal control, or attempting to. She sighed, knowing he was only asserting chain of command and backing her up. However, it wouldn't do to antagonize a freshly-hired crew. "Stand down, Mr. Stone," she said calmly, glancing over. "Let's take it softly to start, so we can all be friends. Just make sure everyone gets settled in, and give them a quick tour. I'd like to take off in about half an hour."

Turning to Hasan, she arched a brow. "I'll take a look at the documents myself, I'm sure it's just a clerical error. Thanks for pointing that out." So that's what it was called, she realized. How ironic. Well played, Vic. "I'm sure the Alliance has better things to do than chase down every vessel with a fanciful name, but we'll get it straightened out before it causes a problem. For now, you can just claim your bunk and familiarize yourself with the controls. I can't vouch for any settings our last pilot might've rigged up, so be sure they're set up how you prefer before we take off."

Turning to those still waiting, she announced, "If you're hired already, please make your way aboard and get settled in. If you're still waiting about a job, come see me. We've a few bunks left, so please step up if you're available for hire. Anyone looking to book passage, I regret to inform you that we are not currently taking on passengers."
 
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 02:55 AM
kenneth's Avatar
kenneth kenneth is offline
Shakiest Gun in the Verse
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 14669
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Posts: 6,057
Raife Gilkyson
left-aligned image
Raife took a single long step toward the young captain. The heel of his boot thumped harder on the deck plate than he'd intended. With a smile he hoped looked friendly he doffed his hat and gave the slightest of a bow to the woman. The man was unused to smiling overly much, even before recent events and it showed. The sinews of his face fairly creaked.

"Seems fortune favors the bold an' you already got yerself a whole gaggle o' new recruits. All while I waited idly by."

His voice had the slightest hint of tension in it and his eyes were cold steel: unblinking and hard set.

"Raife Gilkyson's the name and I have to admit, I'm like' ta be the least qualified o' the folk whats showed so far. See, ma first trip out to the black weren't more'n just two month ago. Got a job on the Cash and Carry. Fine folk if you like core-world types."

He chucked and grinned wolfishly. "I uh," he stumbled in his speech a bit, realizing he was about to overshare. Again. He chewed his lower lip for just a second, then carried on.

"Well, there ain't no better way to say it than to just say it. If ya need somethin' heavy moved from one side o' the hold to the'other, I ca' do that. But y'all have plenty o' folks qualified for that."

"If'n you need an armed guard ta glare at folks and keep 'em honest while yer groundside, I ca' do that too. Fact is, tha's mostly what I did fer the Cash and Carry. But you got plenty o' folk fit for that as well."

Raife pursed his lips and sighed. With his hat still held over his heart he said, "If you need someone ta be thrashed within an inch o' their life 'cause you said so, I will whoop someone within an inch of their life." he pointed at Kierra with his hat, "Cause you said so."

He leaned back onto his heels and deflated a bit. "But again, you got plenty of folk what can do that for ya too. And at least one Fed scalp hunter, so you got no real need for more o' that. Not fer no light freighter, leastwise." Raife shrugged, then sighed.

"I'm a lousy cook." He noded. "But!" Raife pulled over his duffel and unlaced the top. "I know how to cut stuff up and throw it into grease. Also, I can cook anythin' with simple instructions printed own the side of the box." From the top of his bag he pulled a crisper bag full of fresh veg. "I'm willin' to cook up supper tonight as an audition of sorts. I got green beans, okra, summer squash and even corn bread."

He taped the side of a plain brown box. Black print said Cornbread Mix. Just add water and heat.

"What do you say?"

Again he had those cold eyes, but the smile seemed more genuine.
__________________
“If I pee far, it’s because I stand on the shoulders of giants.”
~ Howard Tayler

Last edited by kenneth; Aug 7th, 2022 at 05:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 03:27 AM
Saratek's Avatar
Saratek Saratek is offline
Bad Robot
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 19251
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Posts: 13,565
Hasan Bashar - Pilot
right-aligned image
Character Sheet


Despite his love of speed, some people just moved too quickly for Hasan to manage to get a word in. David was very intent on telling everyone his name, which left no air for an explanation of how piloting a ship felt for the pilot. Nor did he notice the wink John threw him, causing him to have no clue what the man was saying, even if his accent wasn't making that any easier. Finally, when a faceless man approached him, seemingly thinking he was the Captain thanks to Stone's apparent desire to call him 'Mr. Hasan', the pilot didn't even get a chance to correct him before the bounty hunter was strutting and cawing to make it clear what the 'Chain of Command' was aboard the 'Hunter'. It really was a terribly unoriginal name, especially if their business would involve some bounties. It would be as if an Alliance spy ring put 'Black Ops Agents' on the side of their ship.

But none of that was really his concern. Hasan smirked at Stone when he was told to 'stand down' but otherwise turned his attention towards the actual Captain and gave her a slight nod as he adjusted the strap of his pack against his shoulder, "On it, Captain." Walking past Stone, Hasan ducked his head as he stepped through the airlock and took in a big breath of the stink of the ship. Each ship, mostly due to a mix of its age and its crew, had its own unique aroma, and this Class-3 Firefly was no different.

It only took him one near-mistake and some asking of directions before he found the lone, solo bunk that remained. Leaving his VaccSuit to be stowed in the cockpit, where he expected to spend most of his time, Hasan tossed his bag onto the narrow bed and unstrapped his pistol from his hip. There would be no need for such theatrics now that an agreement had been struck. Making his way to the cockpit, Hasan got settled into adjusting things to his liking and doing preflight checks in preparation of departure. He wasn't sure how different the ship would feel compared to those of his past, but he surely looked forward to it.

 
__________________
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.~Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 04:25 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 27683
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 23,537
Game OnReno Skyplex

right-aligned image
As Hasan hits the Bridge he sees that the comms console is flashing with a message. A quick check shows it came into the ship's link to the cortex, and is waiting to be downloaded to the ship's computer. It is simply titled, Here's a job. We're even. It says it is to: Captain and crew.

As Raife makes his pitch to Kierra, a woman comes up with no fewer than 9 kids in tow. Some of the kids you recognize from the band of thieves earlier, though their outer garments have changed slightly.
At first glance the woman looks nothing like the woman leading the kids earlier and begging for coin as a distraction, but as she comes close you see by her face it's her. She had a wig on before and a totally different outfit. She had to have some makeup on before as well to make her look older because now it wouldn't be a safe bet to say she was even 20 yrs old. The kids range in age from 4 to 10 by the looks of them, some sticking together close in twos or threes, the youngest seeming to defiantly stand on his own.

She says to Raife, "Sir, I need you to take me and the kids with you to the next stop of this ship, don't matter much where. I got enemies here and they've found out I got a lot of coin so I gotta go. I'll give it all back to you, just give me a ride."
Without a break in her words she turns to Kierra and says, "If you be the one who's ship this is, or has the say, I can give it to you, 300 to give us a ride. Won't be no trouble, we can stay in the cargo bay. They won't be underfoot. Please. It's not safe here for us anymore."


 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal- Road trip - 10/3 to 10/7 Posting Slow, nightly only if possible
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 05:00 PM
Saratek's Avatar
Saratek Saratek is offline
Bad Robot
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 19251
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Posts: 13,565
Hasan Bashar - Pilot
right-aligned image
Character Sheet


Noticing the flashing light, Hasan took a seat and leaned forward to study the nature of the alert. "Here's a job. We're even," he reads out loud to himself. Considering it a moment as his mouth wiggles this way and that, the pilot finally leans back from the console to get a feel for the chair and shrugs, muttering, "Not my circus. Not my monkeys," and going back to checking out the specs and making whatever adjustments and preparations would be needed for flight. Hasan had no intention of defying the Captain's trust so early into his contract. If the message was for her, it was going to be her that opened it.

 
__________________
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.~Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 09:32 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 5588
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 5,269

She shakes Hasen's hand with a very firm grip and a smile. At the mention of emergency jury-rigging, she does the Rosy Riveter pose
She gives Stone a casual salute, feeling that he seems to be all talk. She points to him with an index finger before indicating herself by switching to her thumb and then takes a fighting stance and shadow boxes towards him.

As for John, she gives him a stern nod and hands him a [No Smoking] Sign she happened to have in her bag. She taps it and then points at the ship. She follows it up by tapping her upper arm just below the shoulder before drawing a square in the air.

She gives Kierra a thumbs up at getting the name right then switches it to a thumbs down as she says 'Ms. Hero' She switches back to the up position as Kierra asks for a Diagnostic. She gave a nod and shook the thumbs up at Kierra before walking over to the kiosk to send off a wave to have her things transferred to the ship. That sent, she heads for the engine room to take a look. She seemed to know exactly where it was too.

__________________
Super busy... PM me for priority.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!!

My Posting day is Mondays AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 08:51 PM
kenneth's Avatar
kenneth kenneth is offline
Shakiest Gun in the Verse
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 14669
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Posts: 6,057
Raife Gilkyson
left-aligned image

Raife looked back over his shoulder at the young woman leading the urchin brigade. A sour look crosses his face and he shakes his head.

"Fraid I have ta withdraw my offer, Captain Kierra. Seems I'm gonna be a bit busy 'round 'bout Reno." He bowed a slight bow and returned his sweat-stained crown to his brow.

"How many and how high up do they sit?" he growls at the newcomer. He pulled his scattergun from his duffel and stuffed several handfuls of shells in each pocket where they'd fit. He tossed a well-worn gold-plated multiband to her. "I need names and faces. I broke it. I'll fix it."
__________________
“If I pee far, it’s because I stand on the shoulders of giants.”
~ Howard Tayler
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 09:08 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 27683
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 23,537
Game OnReno Skyplex

The woman chuckles and says to Raife, "Sometimes a thing gets broke, can't be fixed. If I don't leave on this ship, I'll leave on another. Name's, Dade. Thanks for the offer, but the risk is too high.

Miss, I can pay. You lettin' us on or no?"
She directs the last question to Kierra.

She hands the multiband back to Raife.



 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal- Road trip - 10/3 to 10/7 Posting Slow, nightly only if possible

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Aug 9th, 2022 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 01:27 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,033
John Williams
left-aligned image

John does his best not to roll his eyes when Too Much Coffee man continues to up the ante, or smirk when the Captain tells him to cool his jets. He succeeds... Mostly.
"Yea lad, friends. Let's give that a try, hey?"
John's eyes track between David and Kierra a few times.
"Suspect I'm gonna ave me work cut out for me on the PR front."
He sighs and shakes his head sadly. No wonder they were so light on crew that they were sweeping up anyone and everyone.
An what do that say about you then mate?

John ignores his inner voice and refocuses on the card that Hero has handed him. He can't make head nor tails of the arm gesture and square, so he goes with his gut.
"Well lass, if yer sayin no smokin in the engine compartment, that's all fine an such. Yer house an all. If yer suggesting none aboard the entire bird, that just aint gonna fly. I'm sure the air cycler can andle scrubbin a touch a smoke."

He's about to ask the captain about last minute supplies when the beggar woman arrives and a whole new scene occurs.
Best take this one by the horns.
"If you please capn."
He refocuses on the woman.
"Money's nice an all, but you're in some form of trouble by your words lass, shame that it is. Takin you on means we'd be takin on a bit of that trouble, so we'd need ta know what it is sos we can prepare accordingly. Now who's after you, an why?"
John does his best to keep his tone conciliatory and encouraging rather than suspicious. He glances at the kids and smiles his boyish smile, the one that takes years off his apparent age.
Hopefully they could work something out.
__________________
I live again!
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, and Davion.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 10th, 2022 at 01:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 02:24 AM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 25402
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 7,269
Kierra Sinclair
right-aligned image

Kierra was sizing up the one calling himself Raife. It was true that they had muscle already, but this one seemed a different type of muscle than David, more useful in different situations than the bounty hunter might be.

Before she could work that out with him, however, the Beggar Queen and her army of pilfering ducklings returned, attempting to book passage using what they'd apparently already stolen from several of those waiting. Kierra was a bit torn; she knew taking a gang of thieves onto the ship was pretty risky, since they might sell out the crew to scrappers or worse. On the other hand, a death sentence over your head was tough to live with and tended to put your priorities a bit in order.

It also, apparently had the effect of shifting Raife's priorities, as he withdrew his offer to subsequently offer services to the gang. Kierra shrugged with one shoulder, noting, "That's certainly your choice. Best of luck to you." Turning toward her prospective passengers, she had no idea how she even could accommodate them. Maybe disable a shuttle and stow them there?

The troubadour stepped up, though, and began questioning the lady about her troubles. "I am the one you make final arrangements and payment with," she confirmed, then jerked a thumb to Williams. "Just give your information to him and answer his questions, then I'll consider if and how I can transport you. We don't really have accommodations for children, and I'd need some assurance that you won't be plying your trade while you're on the ship."
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB