Game Thread It's A Lost Art - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Serenity > Freedom's Flight
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 12:13 AM
BlackDragon0's Avatar
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 is offline
BlackDragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 4081
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
Posts: 3,255
David Stone
right-aligned image


Once on board and everything ready to go.
"Captian may we speak alone. " Says Stone. And takes her aside to run her through the details of his alliance bounty.


occ let me know if I need to go back and copy paste anything here.





ooc
[dice]1d6 /dice] will power
[dice]1d4 /dice]



__________________
" Dragons who fly alone, Die alone!" Games: Storm?(Wm) David Stone ( serenity) & Wildblade( pf1e) https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...06#post9374506
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...13#post9375113

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Sep 5th, 2022 at 05:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 10:24 AM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 25402
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 7,269
Kierra Sinclair
right-aligned image

Kierra smiled and nodded at Raife's acceptance, though he did seem a bit fickle, particularly where matters of honor were concerned. He may not stay long-term, she mused, But he's here now. I think that's enough crew...or at least, that's all we have room for. Now they just needed a way to pay everyone.

As everyone began boarding, claiming bunks, or engaging in various tasks, Kierra headed aboard and made her way to the bridge. Finding Hero and Hasan there, apparently adjusting the controls and having a...well, 'conversation' would do well enough as a descriptor...she smiled to them both. "How's it going in here?" she asked before noticing the message light blinking. Odd, she thought. We haven't really done anything yet, just barely put together a crew. Who could be sending a wave?

She opened the message and began reading the message, which proclaimed them 'even' with the sender. As she read, David approached and quietly filled her in on the potential job he'd found for them...a bounty, predictably enough.

"Gerrano Wilson?" she asked, though the details noted that the name was practically useless, since the quarry changed them so often. "Well, you're the expert on finding bounties, Mr. Stone. Why don't you see if you can locate the Star of Sihnon so we can determine if he's still there? We can begin making our way to the Georgia system once we've dropped our passengers off."

She wasn't quite sure how they felt about going up against such a notorious criminal; ironic, since the last job they'd done was for an even more notorious criminal. But they'd been with him, not against him. And The Fox was notorious, not vicious. "Also, tell me more about these Heilong Commandos he's supposedly involved with."

After getting the details about the commando group, Kierra had a bit of a bad taste in her mouth. They weren't exactly upstanding citizens, most of them, but they certainly were no match for an elite military squad. "I think we'd better also find out if this commando group is still nearby, as well," she said, concern showing upon her brow. "Once we've broke atmosphere and set course, please gather the crew in the mess, and we'll discuss options."

Once David had gone, she turned and read the wave again. So it seems our choices are to either go against a crack military unit, or trust the Fox, she noted wryly. Perhaps they should've named the ship Screwed Either Way.

 

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Aug 26th, 2022 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 10:46 AM
Saratek's Avatar
Saratek Saratek is offline
Bad Robot
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 19251
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Posts: 13,565
Hasan Bashar - Pilot
right-aligned image
Character Sheet


Waiting patiently as he watched Hero slide into the chair opposite his on the bridge, Hasan wasn't sure what her intention was until the computerized voice, which had a distinctly female tone despite being clearly artificial, announced the message the mechanic wished to convey. Flashing a smile and nodding, the pilot turned back to his own console and got to work hitting buttons and flipping switches, causing the exterior of the ship to suddenly animate as flaps and various other control devices articulated as usual for pre-flight checks. "Nah, I should be fine. Some pilots have things set tight 'cause they aren't comfortable handling the agility old girls like this one has. Even though she's rated for those kinds of maneuvers, ya gotta be accustomed to such styles of flight to get the most out of it. Otherwise, it's easy for Dumbass or Rookie in this SenseChwen to spin the ship of course or into an unrecoverable situation. Got it all sorted, so we should be flying smooth and fast in no time…long as the old girl can handle it."

"Noobs…" he muttered to himself as he continued to get green lights across the board, save for the red LED that had started flashing again. Letting out a slight sigh as he paused to look at the ID of the wave that had come in, Hasan glanced at Hero before leaning forward to take the hold the microphone on the console and press the button for the in-ship PA. "Hello? Is this thing on? Can y'all hear me?" the pilot's voice blared through the numerous speakers placed all over the interior of the ship. The sheer loudness muted most other conversation. There were several bangs and shuffling sounds before Hasan finally announced, "Hey ya, Captain? I gotta Wave up here that's beggin' for your attention. Might wanna come up to the bridge and answer it."

Switching off the PA, feeling as though he's done his duty, Hasan leaned back and continued final preparations as he spoke to Hero, but didn't look to her, "Assumin' she made it in without issue, we all green to take off?" With the console in front of her, the man expected she'd answer in much the same way as she had initiated the conversation. Meanwhile, he was focused on the checks, just to make sure his planned method of exit wouldn't snap something off. At least gravity and atmo weren't things that need be concerned with, which should ensure a more smooth detachment from the spaceport.

…Upon the Captain's Abrupt Arrival…

The conversation with Hero would be interrupted as Kierra stepped through the door just as Hasan had posed his question to the mechanic. Turning in the chair to address their Captain, the pilot was quick to stand up and step out of the way so she could be comfortable answering the Wave. The lingering caused her question to go unanswered until Hasan spoke up, "Good! Looks all good on our end, right?" he said as he turned his gaze to Hero to have her confirm what he believed to be true.

The quick exchange would not last long as Stone stepped in only to motion the Captain to follow him back off the bridge, assumingly for a private word. This gave Hasan the opportunity to glance at the opened Wave and assess its contents. Looking towards the door, not able to see Kierra but assuming she was still close, he turned his face fully to Hero and asked with only his lips, assuming she could read them, "Says 'We're Even'? You think this ship might have some trouble attached to it?" Even if his voice was barely more than silent, the concern shown on his face as he sought the other new crew member's opinion.

 
__________________
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.~Douglas Adams

Last edited by Saratek; Aug 22nd, 2022 at 10:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 07:41 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 27683
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 23,537
Game OnReno Skyplex

The young girl who lifted John's smokes and lighter is in between Dade and Raife in a second and replies, "Coin changes hands! A deal was done! That's our coin now! You got no say-!

Dade lays a hand on the girl's shoulder and moves her easily behind with the rest of the kids who now all close in behind and all of their eyes go on Raife. The
Dade's voice goes ice cold in tone and she says, "That's enough, Jess. Man's crew here, we're not. What he says goes.

And there you are. Just like everyone else. Knew you were puttin' up a front to gain passage. But, whatever you say. You got me at barrel's end, so to speak. You'll get no problems from us."
She gives some more hand gestures that obviously mean something to the kids and they all move ahead of her to one side like Raife directed.

Kierra checks out the wave, noting it's a wave within a wave, the first part being only text just saying "we're even".
The second part was something else altogether.

If the wave’s digital signature is to be believed, it was sent off round about an hour ago from the Border world
Beaumonde, a place called “Maidenhead,” to be precise.

As Kierra plays the recorded video file, it dawns upon Kierra and anyone else watching that the Maidenhead must be some kind of saloon or bar because there’s brisk business in the background. You even spot the corner of the counter
behind which a bored bartender is standing. Then, however, your attention is directed to the two young men who take center stage and who are about to speak to you. They wear expensive suits and are well-groomed. Apart from slight differences in dress, the identical twins are indistinguishable.

Ni How,” one of the brother says while the other one strokes his thin moustache, “The name’s Mingo.” He sounds like a lower-class Limey from Earth-That-Was. It has come to our attention that you and your mates have done a job with a mutual acquaintance of ours who speaks highly of you. This, job was of the less-than-above-the-board kind, if you catch my drift."

Why don’t you come see us? asks his brother, If you’re interested in a lucrative business relationship with us, that is”.

When Fanty says ‘lucrative,” Mingo adds with a meaningful smile, He’s indeed talking about 5,000 gleaming platinum coins that might change hands.” Then the message ends.

Hasan finds everything in order and the ship can be released once the airlock is closed where it opens onto the Skyplex.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal- Road trip - 10/3 to 10/7 Posting Slow, nightly only if possible

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Aug 24th, 2022 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 03:22 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,033
John Williams
left-aligned image

John comes clomping back up the ramp with a sack over one shoulder, causing everyone to realize that he'd disappeared somewhere in the chaos of new folks and kids. He'd been hanging around to ask Kierra if they needed to take on any additional supplies before leaving, but between never quite getting a chance to get a word in edgewise, and her assigning looking after the kids to Raife, John decided to do what he always winds up doing in the end.
He went his own way.

He'd tripped down to Wong's corner store to pick up another carton of cigs. No telling how long it'd be before he'd be somewhere he can get some more genuine Silk Cuts. Best make that two, wot? While there he'd also picked up a case of his favorite Chewy Oaty Bars and some canned cheese. No telling what is in the pantry, so a little something he knows he likes will tide him over.

While at Wongs he'd seen something in a bin that had given him a little idea, and a big grin. A few of the right questions later, he'd found what he needs and it's all wrapped up in his new hammock.
Bunks are for suckers.
Hammocks are where it's at.

He comes upon a cold interaction between Raife and Dade and stops in his tracks.
"Ole Johnny's gone for five minutes an things're goin to pot already?"
John sighs theatrically.
"Raife old buddy old pal, who I just met, try an think about Dade's position here. She's gotta throw her lot in on a buncha strangers to protect all her little ones. Unless sommeat I don't know about, she doesn't know any of us, so she's taking a big ole risk jumping aboard our ship. Once she does, she and the little ones are, at least theoreticalish, at our mercy. It's a risk she's gotta take though, and maybe you'll understand how that might make her a little uncertain and stressed? And as far as money goes, she did also finnagle us a free water and fuel top-off."
He'd seen that much on the way back in.
He next turns to Dade and her cluster of tots.
"An Dade luv. Truth is, we all just hired on ourselves five minutes before you showed up. Our position isn't all that much different. We're about to embark with a bunch of strangers too. More choice to it, but we don't know each-other any better than you, so we're workin with a lot of uncertainty our own selves. Try an ave a little patience while we figure things out."
He looks between the two, trying a winning smile, hoping to smooth the disagreement over before it gets worse.
"Why don't we chalk this up to a misstep an try an start over? Pretty please?"
He sets his bundle on the same formerly empty shipping crate that now holds his own gear. The bundle makes an odd combination of rattles, twangs, and jingles.
"Truth be, since we don't appear to ave any cargo worth mentioning, the cargo bay might be the best place for us all to stay out of the way at, while the serious spacers get us on the move, instead of crowding up the hallways.
Besides-"

He grins and reaches into the bag to produce a somewhat battered looking ukelele with a flourish. Inside the mouth of the sack can be seen several other instruments.
"We kin start with the fun in here."
He tucks the ukelele to his chest and begins to play, producing only a muddy mess which he stops after a few chords.
"Och. Once I tune it that is."
__________________
I live again!
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, and Davion.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 23rd, 2022 at 03:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 12:31 AM
kenneth's Avatar
kenneth kenneth is online now
Shakiest Gun in the Verse
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 14669
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Posts: 6,058
Raife Gilkyson
left-aligned image
Raife checked the first two thoughts that jumped on his tongue. Finally, as calm he could manage he replied to John.

"Miss thing could have chosen any bird on the plex," he rumbled. "Came here on purpose. Chose. Gets her brood on board and acts like we're the shady ones."

To Dade he says, "See, seems ta me no one cared spit bout you till you got coin. Then suddenly y'all 're in mortal peril. Means either you got debts or there's folk higher up the food chain what wants their cut. Way I see it, you'd rather toss it out the air lock than pay what's owed, n' matter how big they are." A thin smile twists his corners of his mouth. "Does show grit. Not too bright, but it does show grit, I'll say that for ya."

Raife softens ever so slightly.

"Like I said afore, I didn't ask ner expect no thanks. But even if y'all don't have the slimmest shred o' gratitude in ya, it would behoove you ta look up Cap'n Kierra and Officer David." Raife let the word behoove have particular meaning. "Tell 'em yer sorry fer the imposition, yer grateful fer 'em goin' out o' their way an' how yer all gonna be sweet little angels and no bother a'tall the whole trip."

"See, tha's how you make allies 'stead a enemies. Best o' luck on yer music learnin'."

He touches the rim of his hat in acknowledgement to the musician and head up the stairs to find his quarters.
__________________
“If I pee far, it’s because I stand on the shoulders of giants.”
~ Howard Tayler
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 03:47 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,033
John Williams
left-aligned image

John continues fiddling with the tuning knobs on the uke.
Of course nobody would care about someone until they had something worth taking. You don't mug hobos. But a hobo that just came into a big windfall is easy pickings. That's exactly what she'd said when she showed up. Maybe Raife had never had to live that sort of life. Most that look down on pick pockets or beggars hadn't.

John waits until Raife is a few steps away before sighing and saying quietly.
"Or maybe she thought she'd found someone with some sympathy for their plight, and figured that's their best chance."
He isn't trying to continue the conversation, just give the leathery man something to chew on.

An experimental strum shows the instrument's now in something resembling tune, so John brings his attention back to the kids.
"Right lads and lassies. I think we're in business. I'm gonna need a helper for the first song though."
He reaches into the sack to produce a tambourine.
"Who wants the job?"
He passes the tambourine over to the first raised hand.
"Just play away to the beat of your feet. Everyone can sing along if you know the words. An I think ya will.
Now."

His voice takes on a nautical roughness.
"Are ya ready kids?"
With a big grin he begins a jangly tune, stomping the deck with one foot for percussion.
"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"
__________________
I live again!
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, and Davion.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 04:44 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 5588
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 5,269
She types some more.
"The Firefly Is A Hardly Workhorse She Will Dance If You Know How To Lead"


She nods to confirm Hasan as he again asks if all is right but this time for the captain's benefit.

She gives him an exaggerated shrug hands up and everything

She something very short and has the voice repeat "Captain" several times turning up the volume to its max to try and get her attention.
__________________
Super busy... PM me for priority.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!!

My Posting day is Mondays AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 10:15 AM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 25402
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 7,269
Kierra Sinclair
right-aligned image

Kierra nodded absently as Hasan and Hero assured her everything seemed nominal, as she was distracted thinking about the wave(s) they'd received. It took the repeated mechanical "CAPTAIN. CAPTAIN. CAPTAIN. CAPTAIN..." to pull her from her reverie and look around. Finding Hero aiming a sophisticated Speak N' Spell at her, she gave a small smile. It was both amusing and clever.

"Sorry, yes?" she asked, shaking off thoughts of the possibilities and implications of the 'invitation'. Then, of course, there was always bounty hunting...Things certainly have gotten interesting lately, she mused as she waited for Hero to finish typing her response.

 

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Aug 26th, 2022 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 11:11 PM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 5588
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 5,269
Now that she has the captain's attention she sets to furiously typing, a speed obviously from years of practice.
"I Did Some Checking And The Alliance Bounty Office Does Not Give Out Nor Require Licenses For The Pursue Of A Bounty There Is However A Long List Of Requirements I Did Not Read But It Would Seem The Least Damaged The Body The Better Do We Have Freezers Or Cells Aboard For Our Targets. If This Is Truly What You Want To Purpose This Vessel As"

She hardly waits for it to finish before she is typing again
"The Name Hunter Is Already Registered To Another Ship If You Wish To Change The Name I Recommend Discussing It Your Entire Crew With You Having The Last Say As You Are Captain You Then Must Summit The Required Paperwork So That Our Pulse Beacon Registry And Ship Manifest Match So We Are Not Pulled Over For Suspicion Of Having A Stolen Ship"

More typing
"I Know These Are Things Mr Stone Has Insisted On And I Don't Know Your Relationship But The Registry Has You Down as Captain If Anything Goes Wrong It's You The Alliance Will Come After You Are Responsible For This Ship And Her Crew"

and more
"Also there Is A Shuttle Waiting To dock With Us To Deliver My Things We Should Not Keep Them Waiting" She gives Kierra a smile and two thumbs up

She was slightly annoyed this free cortex text-to-speech program completely ignored punctuation and looked forward to getting her stuff abroad as she owned a much more sophisticated program.
__________________
Super busy... PM me for priority.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!!

My Posting day is Mondays AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Saratek's Avatar
Saratek Saratek is offline
Bad Robot
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 19251
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Posts: 13,565
Hasan Bashar - Pilot
right-aligned image
Character Sheet


Hasan made sure to stay quiet, seemingly focused on his tasks, as he both listened to the wave the Captain had received as well as the conversation between her and Hero. The mechanic raised good points, which resulted in apparent, silent reactions on Hasan's face, but yet he said nothing. It was clear that he agreed that there needed to be some uniformity, especially if he was the one that was going to be answering any waves from the authorities should they run afoul of the law.

As soon as Hero typed out about the shuttle, Hasan shot up to standing as he quickly offered, "I'll go help with that. Everything's shiny up here." He didn't say anything more as he excused himself from the bridge to head back and handle the exchange. With this ship still having both, there'd have to be some space made.

As Hasan's boots clanked on the catwalk as he reached the 'T', he heard the song being sung and immediately stopped to grip the railing and lean out over the cargo hold, calling out, "Anything but That, Please!?" Whether his request halted that dread-causing earworm, the pilot continued onto the starboard shuttle.

Much simpler machines, Hasan went through the start steps and soon had it ready to disconnect. Radioing over to the shuttle that was clearly waiting to connect with the 'Hunter', the pilot went about disconnecting and floating just off the ship's tail as he waited for the shipping shuttle to handle its business.

 
__________________
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.~Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 11:37 AM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 27683
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 23,537
Game OnReno Skyplex

It wasn't lost on Dade that with all Raife's talk, his last words to her were something of a compliment. She smiled and nodded and left it at that.
The children were all different in how they acted towards John and his offer. 5 of them took the offered instruments, but only 2 of those stayed near him as he did his performance.

On the Bridge, Hasan plugged in Beaumonde to the Navigation/Astrogation computer and got back that at last update it would take 5 hours, 18 minutes for the trip from here. A quick check of the route, and Hasan knew he could shave that time down to 4 days and 10 hours if he course corrected 4 times along the route.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal- Road trip - 10/3 to 10/7 Posting Slow, nightly only if possible

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Aug 29th, 2022 at 11:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 12:50 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 25402
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 7,269
Kierra Sinclair
right-aligned image

Kierra paid close attention to the message, though there was no evidence of surprise on her face. At least, not until the revelation that she was legally responsible for whatever happened by or on the ship. Her eyebrows drew up for a moment in slight alarm, then she relaxed and chuckled with a shrug. They can add it to the list...if they can ever find a list, she thought wryly.

However, she arrived at the same conclusion Hasan had: Hero had some good points. Nodding, she said, "Thank you for letting me know about the name. Your analysis is spot on, I think. I'll call everyone to the mess and we'll talk about it there." Shifting her glance to include both of them, she added, "You two finish what you can, as the ship's space-worthiness is the priority, then join us after, okay?" It was time to be captain for more reasons than attrition and titles.

Heading over to the on-ship PA system, she made a general announcement. "Greetings everyone, this is Captain Kierra Sinclair. I hope everyone's getting settled alright and finding things to your liking. We have a few preparations to make prior to departure, but it should only take a short while. We'll be disconnecting shortly, so please stay clear of the airlock section unless you are designated crew. I'd like all crew members to meet in the mess area for a pre-flight briefing, then we'll be on our way!"

Switching the PA off, she headed down to the mess and waited for everyone to arrive.




Once the crew was gathered, Kierra signaled for quiet and took position as 'front and center' as space allowed. "You've all met me," she began, "but none of you really know me. I...well, you can probably tell that I haven't been a captain for very long." She drew a steadying breath, then continued. "In fact, this is my first time as captain, though I was crew on this ship prior. My actual field of expertise is technical engineering...computers and computer programming." Giving another glance to everyone in the room, she added, "Make no mistake, however. I have no intention at this point of forfeiting my command or relinquishing my position. Anyone that has a problem with my lack of experience is free to leave now, before we disembark." There was no hostility or challenge in her voice or posture, simply an offer...she could hardly blame anyone who wanted to leave.

That had been the easy part, as everyone could probably tell the situation themselves. The next part was harder. "There's something else, since I'm disclosing." She paused, drumming a finger on the table she was leaning against, gathering her thoughts. "It's only fair to inform all of you that, technically, I'm wanted by the Alliance. Or rather, I would be, if I existed in their records. I won't say why, though I can assure you I did nothing to harm anyone." At least, I hadn't up to that point, she reminded herself.

"I've done things since then, on my own and as part of the previous crew, that the Alliance would not precisely consider lawful by nature. And, to be brutally honest, it may become necessary to do unlawful...or at least grey area...actions in the future." She shrugged, sighing, "I'd prefer to keep things above board, of course. Less trouble that way. But I've since learned that things don't always go the way we want." In almost a whisper, she added, "In fact, it seems they seldom do." Clearing her throat, she went on, "Again, if this is contrary to anyone's desires or willingness to accept, please feel free to depart now. You'll be seen safely back to the station and nobody will think less of you."

Looking around for anyone that walked away or looked like they might want to go grab their gear, she waited another beat or two, then continued. "For those of you who choose to stay...welcome aboard. We will have two topics to discuss and put to vote. I may be captain, but what happens to some of us, happens to all of us. It's only fair that the entire crew get a say in what we do, and I'm no dictator." She held up a finger, "First item: naming the ship." With a nod of acknowledgement to David, she explained, "Hunter's already registered, which isn't surprising, so we need to pick another. The other previous suggestion was Last Laugh." She smirked, saying, "It's a good name, and maybe someday I'll explain why it's so fitting and ironic." Turning to Hero, she asked, "Did you check to make sure that wasn't registered as well? No sense voting until we know the options." To the rest, she said, "Anyone else have suggestions? This is going to be our home for awhile so we may as well add some personal touches."

Holding up a second finger, she said, "Second matter for consideration: jobs. It would seem we currently have two options. One is a bounty provided by Mr. Stone for an intergalactic criminal, Gerrano Wilson. There's a lead on a last known location, a cruise ship called the Star of Sihnon, but Wilson has the ability to change identities, making it difficult to track him. Additionally, he has contacts with a dangerous mercenary group, the Heilong Commandos, though we're not certain they've been contacted yet." Shrugging, she said, "It's high risk, but potentially high reward as well."

"The other lead is a job on Beaumonde, with a pay offer of five thousand platinum. That's less than a thousand each, especially when you consider the 'ship share' taken out, but it seems considerably safer." Arching a brow, she advised, "Note that I said 'safer', not 'legitimate'. This would be the kind of job I mentioned earlier that might stray a bit outside the bounds of the law." Shrugging, she said, "The wave with the offer was from the aforementioned source that I might talk about someday, but there wasn't much detail beyond that, so I don't know what we'd be doing. I won't do anything that directly hurts people...no murder contracts, robbing citizens, that sort of nonsense. The law is the law, but there's also what's right."

Leaning back, she crossed her ankles and gave everyone a moment to soak everything up. "So anyone who wants to go, now's the time. After that, we pick a ship name, then vote on the job we do."

 

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Aug 29th, 2022 at 12:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 02:11 PM
BlackDragon0's Avatar
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 is offline
BlackDragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 4081
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
Posts: 3,255
David Stone
left-aligned image

right-aligned image


"Captian my only vote was for Hunter. Otherwise I could care less. " Says Stone. "As to the bounty it's a alliance bounty.
So it's my job if you choose not to help it's fine. It's probably to dangerous for you guys. As to your request for more info. We'll I'm good at allot of things. But shyte with computers, shyte with tech, shyte with mechanics. So the only info I have comes from the alliance. So if you are busy with a job and we get close enough for me to take a shuttle and go do the job won't make no gorn difference to me. "
He says and heads to his room.


occ let me know if I need to go back and copy paste anything here. THANKS FO THE COIN SO CLOSE TO WHAT I WAS GOING FOR.





ooc
[dice]1d6 /dice] will power
[dice]1d4 /dice]


.
__________________
" Dragons who fly alone, Die alone!" Games: Storm?(Wm) David Stone ( serenity) & Wildblade( pf1e) https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...06#post9374506
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...13#post9375113

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Aug 29th, 2022 at 06:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 04:15 PM
kenneth's Avatar
kenneth kenneth is online now
Shakiest Gun in the Verse
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 14669
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Posts: 6,058
Raife Gilkyson
left-aligned image

"Don't know 'nough 'bout scalp huntin' ner surreptitious appropriation ta be ah any use there, Cap." Raife was leaning against the kitchen counter. His gaze was firmly fixed to a spot on the floor.

“ Jus' like ta say I ain't a fan o' bloodshed o' the terminal variety. Not 'fraid of it. Jus' not a fan. I'll back yer call, regardless.”

"Far as the ship's name? Don't confront me none. You need a tie breaker, I say leave 'er be. If'n the bird's skunked, changin' the name on 'er hull official-like ain't gonna change the smell."

Raife pushed himself off the counter edge and moved from the circle of bodies. He washed his hands and started prepping dinner. Pots rattled. Pans clanked. Periodically a loud chop sounded as his blade struck the block a bit hard. The man had either an aggressive strategy with regards to the culinary arts or was irritated about something. His face showed only the same grim expression he always wore.
__________________
“If I pee far, it’s because I stand on the shoulders of giants.”
~ Howard Tayler

Last edited by kenneth; Aug 29th, 2022 at 04:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB