Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Serenity > Freedom's Flight
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 13th, 2022, 06:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27633
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Game OnLeaving Reno Skyplex

On the Bridge after the meeting with the Captain, Stone looked up the whereabouts on the Star of Sihnon and wondered about setting a course to where it is, Bellerophon.
He gets an assist from Hasan who shows him what's on the screen, even explaining if need be.

It's just under 3 days from current position to Bellerophon. However, the flight path is almost on a right angle (for lack of a better term) from the course to Beaumonde, which a quick check reveals will take almost 5 days to get from Bellerophon to Beaumonde at a current course plot.
Not exactly in the opposite direction, but definitely such a course wouldn't take you anywhere closer to Beaumonde.
With Stone's first impression of Hasan not knowing how to plot a course obliterated, he has nothing to report to the Captain on the man, other than he knows what he's doing in the Pilot's station.

John has come in during this time, made some comments and found there was work going on so he went to the Kitchen to watch Raife whip up a decent meal - better than what could be had for simple coin on the Skyplex for sure.

Mentioning and motioning to something going on after referring to their passengers, Raife is distracted while carrying a bowl of freshly fried Okra.
John takes the distraction as a time to lighten up the mood even more and drops some ice he got from the cooler dispenser down Raife's back before he starts laughing out loud.

Down in the cargo bay, Dade is indeed reading a story to the younger ones who have become distracted by the smell of cooking and are all looking up towards the Galley and looking back to Dade who finally gives up and motions for them all to follow her and she heads up the gangway closer to the airlock with them all right on her heels.

Coming into the Galley she and all the kids see Raife get the ice down his back over his collar and they all laugh openly. Even Dade smiles as she holds the kids on the periphery of the Galley for a bit.
Once the shenanigans die down she says, "Don't get much by way of cooked meals on the free and the smell of cooking carries on this boat. I'm not going to be the one to tell them no, so either shoo us away or let 'em each get a portion."

Old Sep 13th, 2022, 11:23 PM
Shakiest Gun in the Verse

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14669
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Raife Gilkyson
left-aligned image
The ice gnawed at Raife's nerve endings as it worked it's way down past his shoulders to the small of his back. He'd been working over the heat of the stove top and at a good pace so the cubes melt rapidly. Cold water dribble between his buttocks and down the back of his legs, wetting his dungarees. He makes the smallest grimace, but shows no other sign of discomfort.

He turns to John, stone-faced. "You eat last."

"Don't get much by way of cooked meals on the free and the smell of cooking carries on this boat. I'm not going to be the one to tell them no, so either shoo us away or let 'em each get a portion," Dade had said.

Girl's always on the make. Well good fer her.

"Tell ya what," Raife says, bowl braced against his belly and his weight leaned back on his heels. "This here were cooked as part of a promise If'n I were hired. Only got what's here. They ain't no more. Thing is, if'n they don't make pigs of themselves, there's more'n what the crew can eat."

"Now, I were plannin' on s'ghetti an' garlicy bread fer you young'uns, cooked hot and fresh as ya like. Still have it comin' soon as the crew gets their fill. Just have to wait a stretch."

"But," he holds up a calloused finger, "I'll bet, if'n y'all stand right there and look all sad an' hungry an' pathetic like, the Cap 'ill make sure 'nough gets saved sos y'all at least get a taste."

He looks over at John through narrow eyes. "Fact is, I happen ta know least one crewman won't mind a'tall y'all havin' his share o' okra while it's hot."

He passes each child, and their keeper if she'll take it, a few crispy, crunchy, corn meal covered, bacon fat fried, disks of okra.

"Not gonna change nobody's life, but some'in I loved all m' life. Most folk what don't like okra probably had it all boiled 'n slimy. Even I cain't eat it like that. Fried up like this, you don't like it, you just plain wrong."

The timer on the cornbread dings.

"Dinner!" Raife roars in the direction of the cockpit. He makes a sad face at the kids and urges the slower eaters to get there okra eaten before the rest of the crew get to the mess.

Last edited by kenneth; Sep 15th, 2022 at 12:32 AM.
Old Sep 13th, 2022, 11:34 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25402
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Kierra Sinclair
right-aligned image

Kierra had headed back to her bunk after the meeting to check on adapting speech programs for Hero and do a little research while she waited for dinner. She might also have been retreating and hiding just a tiny bit, given the sudden need to make decisions that affected others and keep together a crew that was already side-eyeing each other.

She'd never really considered herself a leader at all. She was much more comfortable working on her own, or staying in the crowd and remaining unnoticed. Now, here she was, captain of a space freighter full of refugee pickpockets and a crew of backgrounds at least as suspect as her own. Now that I think about it, she mused, staring past the holo-display hovering over her databook, I think I technically own the ship. Everyone else who'd kicked in funds to buy the old wreck, before she and the mountain of a mechanic had gone to work on it, was gone. Though technically she'd never bought out their shares, there was no real chance anyone would come back to claim their share.

Which presented another problem: if she were the sole owner, she was solely responsible for costs. Probably better to address that sooner, rather than later, she decided, though she had a pretty good idea how to mitigate that, though she wasn't sure everyone would be interested.

Based on the sounds coming from outside, with people milling about and congregating, she figured dinner was just about ready...which meant her solace was disappearing. With a sigh, she swiped the screens out of the air and shut the databook down, tucking it safely away before emerging from her bunk.

As soon as the bunk hatch opened, she could smell whatever Raife had been concocting, and from the scent, the man was as good as his word. Stepping into the Not mess...galley. Oops.galley, she smiled as nearly everyone seemed to be laughing and enjoying each other's company. It was a welcome change from the tension earlier, though how long it would last was anyone's guess. "Smells good, Mr..." Had Raife given a last name when he signed on? Kierra couldn't remember...hell, for all she knew, Raife was his last name. Bob Raife. "Thank you for saving us from canned goods and packaged meals."

Glancing around, she did a quick head count to make sure everyone knew it was dinner time. Anyone who was still missing, she set out to find and invite to come eat. There might be a few who preferred to eat alone, but Kierra felt it was important for everyone to at least share the first meal together. She gave a smile to the kids milling about, munching on okra discs, and resisted the impulse to ruffle anyone's hair. Dade was pretty protective, and Kierra didn't blame her. Plus, she might be missing some personal items if she got within arm's reach.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Sep 13th, 2022 at 11:38 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2022, 12:50 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5588
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442

She gives Stone the thumbs up on using the weights and through a series of gestures (points to herself, points to her eyes, points to Stone, Gestures at weights, points to Stone, points to her eyes, points to herself, Gestures at weights) offers to spot him if he spots her. After all, it really sucks to get killed by a cramp or exercise equipment. And if anyone had a chance of befriending him it was her over their mutual desire to be physically fit.

Dinner gets called so she stops what she's doing and wanders up to the Galley to see what the grub was going to be.

My Posting day is Mondays AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Old Sep 14th, 2022, 01:28 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4081
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
DavidStone
left-aligned image

Stone doesn't exactly get her signs but it doesn't take much to figure out she is offering to workout with him.
"Hero I'd love to , and maybe even spar. But can't right now got to find the captain. "

" Maybe a bit after dinner. It smells good to. " He says as he heads to find Keria.

He runs into Keria as she opens her door.
"Captian. So the liner is going to be on a planet for 3 days but it would take us 5 days off course. A shuttle might make it . But I wouldn't recommend that. To risky plus it wouldn't be able to get back to the ship. I'd be stuck there till you come back.

It's a open ended contract. I'll just have the computer watch for its next landing or if the target gets off hopefully we don't lose him. Or he and his mercy dont hit the liner itself.

On another note as you decide to keep the old name of the ship. My alliance bounty ID won't help us land in core or unfriendly to privateer worlds. So currently other than to collect pay. It's useless. So other than my gun ,which you have plenty of guns now, I'll not be much use. "

He reports to Keria.

occ
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 12:00 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
John Williams
left-aligned image

John looks at the okra with some trepidation.
"Dunno mate. They're green. Doesn't that usually mean somethings gone off?"
He frowns.
"No wait. They're some of those vegie-tables I've heard of. You'd best give em to the tykes. I'll stick with the carbs an cheese an meat. Well, carb cheese an meat flavored protein packs. Good ealthy food, I say."
John's clowning is interrupted by a disenfranchised growl from his stomach. He fights to keep his disinterested look at the delicious looking fried okra. While he's playing it off for the kids, he's ravenous. He'd already given away half of his lunch earlier.

Much as he'd like to chow down, he'd rather the kids have his portion. Whether you're on a space station or a starship, all but the rich folk eventually defaulted to some combination of protien packs and the occasional bit of canned/vac pack goods. Fresh food is a rarity, and for the kids, he expects it's all but unknown, so he's happy to let them have his share.

He breaks open the box of Fruity Oaty Bars, clearly labeled John, to get something to tide him over until the pasta is ready.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Sep 15th, 2022 at 12:03 AM.
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19251
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Hasan Bashar - Pilot
right-aligned image
Character Sheet

Hasan had managed to keep his grumbles to himself as he moved over from the pilot seat to aid Stone with his search of…whatever. The 'That' become abundantly clear very quickly, causing the pilot to chuckle slightly before showing the bounty hunter how to use the ship's computer to calculate the distance itself. Was it as good as a trained pilot doing the calculations? No, but it was enough for Stone to have his questions answered and be off to seemingly inform the Captain of his findings.

As the man left, taking his unique brand of cologne with him, Hasan's nose caught the faintest scent of the food being cooked in the galley. Taking his seat again, the pilot checked to make sure the ship's autopilot was staying on course, followed by him setting an alarm on his watch so as to be sure to be in the cockpit for when the first course correction would need to happen. It wasn't a difficult trip to Beaumonde, but it wasn't a straight-shot either.

He'd been lost in his own world of checking internal sensor readings and constantly-updating travel reports when the Captain stuck her head into the cockpit to inform him of dinner. Leaning back in the chair and looking up and over his shoulder at his teenage employer, Hasan smiled before declining, "I'm good, Cap. Let them kids have my share. It's not like I'd really enjoy all that fancy cookin' anyway. Been a while since anythin' tasted like somethin' other than pennies." Turning his head back in the direction of the controls and displays in front of him, "I'll just grab some protein paste later if'n I get hungry."

While he was doing his best to try to dismiss any concerns the Captain might have, Hasan had a feeling this was less about making sure all of her crew's bellies were full and more about everyone getting to know each other.

Still feeling her eyes on him, Hasan's smile grew more nervous as his head turned back towards Kierra slowly to catch her gaze. "...Or I could come grab something to eat now…?" he reluctantly offered, already regretting the answer he assumed he was going to get.

Old Sep 15th, 2022, 09:25 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Kierra Sinclair
right-aligned image

In the hallway before dinner

Kierra listened to David's report with her usual intense interest, nodding in response to the various details. "Good," she agreed, "we can keep tabs on its progress in case we don't like the way the meeting goes, or if it'll be a better idea." She figured that the bounty may not be as bad as she originally thought, since most of even the most hardened criminals would be reluctant to start a scuffle on such a vessel. Besides, it would be more difficult to hide a mercenary group on a first-rate cruise liner like that...right?

She frowned at his analysis of his ID, though. "Your bounty ID is tied to the name of the ship?" she asked, puzzled. "That makes no sense. What if you take commercial flights to get to your destination, then hunt the bounty once you're there? You can't simply register the ID to yourself, or simply update the name of the ship?" Shaking her head, she offered, "If you'd like me to look into it, I have some experience with Cortex registries. I'm sure I could update the information, probably without even breaking the law."

In the cockpit, after Stone and before dinner

Poking her head in the bridge, she found Hasan comfortably in the pilot seat, everything looking relatively nominal. Or, at least he wasn't fervently mashing buttons, cursing and screaming in panic. Always a good sign.

He tried to demur the 'invitation' to dinner, until Kierra fixed him with her wide-eyed gaze, half-street-kid-looking-for-pity, half-I-may-be-young-but-I'm-still-captainTM. It got sufficient response for him to reluctantly change his mind...somewhat...and Kierra returned a bright smile and head-tilt. "Great! See you in the galley!" she chirped before slipping away back down the hall to join the others.

In the galley

Kierra was relieved to see the kids getting some food beyond cold rations. Hungry kids were more unpredictable...Kierra had been, when she was just as hungry. Most of these kids were younger than she had been, but they still reminded her of a time not very long ago, and she was glad they were catching a bit of a break. As much as she would liked to have credited herself with the assistance, in truth the credit went to Raife and John for taking them under their wings and vouching for them.

She herself never ate very much, so there might be a bit more to share once the pasta was ready.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Sep 15th, 2022 at 09:26 PM.
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 09:41 PM

Tools
User Statistics
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Raife Gilkyson
left-aligned image
"Gilkyson's m' surname, ma'am. Raife's m' christian name and y'all 're welcome to the grub." He touches the rim of his hat and nods a bow.

"Oh, almost fergot the 'maters."

Raife scoots over to the refrigerator and retrieves a tray layered with thick-sliced uncommonly large tomatoes.

"These here's called beefsteak. Lakshmi over the Cash n' Carry said they was heirlooms 're some such. Means they ain't been crossed with beets 'r cherries 'r a lizards backside. Been kept the same, one plant to the next all way back t' Earth what was."

"Now you won't like t' find these in no store. Most the store bought's picked green an' gassed sos they'll be purdy. Then they stick 'em with chemicals 'n such t' make taste right. They don't. Lease wise the very few I've been unfortunate 'nough t' eat. Think after hunnerd's o' years o' messin' round they'd get some'em at least close."

"Anyhow, these here is some'in special. They bigger, juicier, sweeter and got more flavor 'an any 'mater I ever 'et. Seasoned 'em with sweet rice vinegar, salt 'n pepper. You don't want to try 'em. Fine. Means there's more fer me."

Rather than sit down with the rest of the crew, Raife gets to work prepping a meal for the passengers. He puts a large pot half full of water on to boil and rinses out the pot he cooked the green beans in. A total of three different cans, all different brands, of spaghetti sauce go into that pot. He puts it on low heat.

"You young 'un ain't got too much longer t' wait. Package says ten minutes fer the pasta, after the water boils. Rest is just heatin' stuff up. So call it fifteen er so?"

He splits a few loaves of french bread lengthwise and lays them on a baking sheet. A cheap butter substitute labeled 'Buttery Spread' finds it's way on to the counter. Raife grabs a bottle of powdered garlic and reads the label.

"Wonder how much garlic I'm s'posed t' add to the spread?"

He shrugs and puts in 'enough', and gives it a mix. It doesn't taste awful so he butters the bread with it. He almost puts the tray under the broiler before it occurs to him that the pasta water wasn't boiling yet. He stands staring at the pot for a moment.

DummyChwen!

After quickly emptying the sink, Raife fills it with soapy water and gets to work washing the pans he'd used.

Old Sep 16th, 2022, 12:36 AM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19251
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Hasan Bashar - Pilot
right-aligned image
Character Sheet

Taking a moment to lock everything in place so that everything stayed shiny, Hasan wasn't long after the Captain in leaving the bridge empty. After a quick stop in his bunk to grab a couple of things, he entered the galley and gave any of the crew that met eyes with him a slight nod. Making his way over to the counter next to Raife, the large bottle filled with some kind of reddish liquid clanged loudly as it was set down. The soft crinkle of the 'Fruity Oaty Bar' next to it was delicate by comparison.

"It all smells wonderful," he commented to Raife as he began his search for one of the smaller tubes of squeezable protein, clanging doors as he went until he grinned widely at finding what he was looking for. "Let whoever have my share. As pretty as it all looks, it would be lost on me. For me these days, it's all 'bout texture."

Hasan proceeds to carefully open up the wrapper of the colorful bar to use it as a platform for what he was about to do. Twisting the cap off the protein paste and squeezing out a twisting line of it on top of the bar, he put the cap back in place before using his finger to evenly spread the tan-gray paste over the bar.

Putting the paste back where he found it and closing the door, Hasan slid the wrapper off the counter into his palm to cradle the protein paste-topped 'Fruity Oaty Bar' as he spun around to lean back against the edge of the counter. Reaching back to pick up the neck of the large bottle, he only needed a thumb to flip the cap open before shaking a few crimson drops onto the paste topping.

Setting the bottle back, it was almost as if Hasan couldn't wait to take a bit of the abomination he had created in front of everyone. Taking what most would consider entirely too large of a bite, the pilot smiled as widely as he could with his lips pressed closed as he loudly chomped away at the crunchy, squishy, grainy delicacy. After a few moments, a slight squint and sucking breath caused him to return to a smile even brighter than the first.

After seemingly returning from Jannah, Hasan's eyes spotted Raife moving off to work on dishes, leaving his the opportunity to slip in front of the burners and bend down to waft the scent of the sauce towards his face. Standing straight for a moment as he looked down at the sauce, the pilot quickly stepped over to the cabinets he'd searched before to find the small metal tin he'd spotted prior. Popping the top and being only a little disappointed with what he'd found, Hasan took a couple of pinches of the greenish powder and added it to the mixture of sauces. Pressing the top back on the tin, he picked up the spoon Raife had been using and gave the sauce a quick stir before meandering off to find a seat where he could enjoy the rest of his meal.

Old Sep 17th, 2022, 05:14 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
John Williams
left-aligned image
John sneaks one of the discs of fried veggie out of the bowl when Raife's back is turned and pops it in his mouth. Good. Very good. He scarfs down the rest of his Chewy Oaty bar, and seeing Hassan's own choice makes sure his now open box has the John label clearly facing outwards.
"Well."
He says, mostly to Raife.
"Suppose if we're to make this first dinner special, I should pitch in too."
Unless they get some well paying jobs on the regular his three tins of real genuine Lancashire cheese from old Dyton are something that he'd want to save for special occasions, but this probably counts. He grabs one of his tinned cheeses and cracks the seal, revealing another layer of protection in the form of black wax. Grabbing a cheese grater and a paring knife, he opens the wax to get at the firm off-white cheese beneath, and carves off a generous chunk, before smearing the wax back to close it, and putting the unused portion in the fridge. The crumbly cheese grates easily into a modest bowl, releasing a slightly pungent nutty smell. John sets the bowl out on the trestle table with a small spoon, ready to be added to pasta, green beans, or bread as the spirits moved you.
"Right then, someone help me set out the dishes."
There's no way they'd be able to get everyone sat down around the trestle table, but they could at least have the dishes and cutlery out and ready to serve.
"See, the trick, lads and lassies-" he says over the rattle of dishes "-is if you help out wi this stuff, you're less likely to be expected to do the washing up."
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 07:27 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5588
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442

Hero slipped into the Galley as stealthily as a dragon trying to tiptoe. Yeah, think about that for a bit... Anyway, she was there and happy to get whatever food was passed her way. Like seriously if John was going to pass on the good stuff she'd take it off his hands. Pointing to the fried Orka then her mouth then showing off her bicep she tried to communicate how eating one's vegetables was good, healthy and would make you strong. Honestly, it took more work than just eating well, but it definitely helped. She'd snaggle some of the 'matos. She begins to slowly back away as Hasan creates his abomination. She was going to hang back to wait for more 'good' food, but that was just wrong Hasan, just wrong. She does come forward to assist John set out the plates, but gives Hasan a wide birth.

My Posting day is Mondays AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 11:20 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Raife Gilkyson
left-aligned image
Raife took stock of the dishes on the dinner table, making sure he'd remembered everything. There were the sliced tomatoes, fried squash, broiled bratwurst, fried okra, cornbread and green beans. He even remembered butter and the bottle of stuff labeled "honey" that smelled and ran right, but tasted more like corn syrup and chemicals. There was a ridiculous amount of food on the table. If he'd added the spaghetti and garlic bread it would officially count as a red neck feast.

The captain only picked at her food and Hassan declined to partake at all. Raife vaguely remembered the man saying something about his tastes, but he couldn't remember exactly. Hero tucked in like a champ though which gave the normally gruff Raife the tiniest hint of a smile. John also caught the big man off guard. Not only did he not try to get around Raife's temporary dining injunction, he actually kicked in something from his own supplies.

Un'erestimated him. Seems he's solid folk. Let m' prejudice get 'head o' me.

He shook his head, disappointed with himself.

By the box, cooking the spaghetti noodles was a time based thing. Raife wasn't so sure.
He had always heard some nonsense like throwing the noodle at the wall to see if they stick. He just fished one out and ate it.

Bit chewy still, but like t' be time t' toss the bread un'er the broiler.

The children crowded at the threshold had an almost feral keenness as they looked on. He suppressed a grin.

Even if'n it were terrible, them kids 'd get their chew own. Like t' start in on the crew, go at 'em like buzzards to week ol' corpse, if'n they don't clear out.

A few minutes later and Raife gave the noodles another stir and a chew.

"Close enough. I'd call it soup."

Old Sep 21st, 2022, 10:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27633
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Game OnLeaving Reno Skyplex

Dade keeps the kids in the lounging area off to the side of the main dining area in the Galley until Raife signals the food is ready.

That is, all except the young girl who stole John's smokes and lighter back on the Skyplex. She moves quickly to help him with the dishes. Watching her help set the table gives some clues to the fact that they have been taught etiquette and such. Even when the food is served up, only two of the younger ones get some reprimands in Chinese from Dade before they start eating as if in moderation and with manners and chopsticks - they have their own.
The kids are quiet, listening and watching before, during and after the meal. A few of them fall asleep on the cushions in the lounging area almost the moment their bowls are set down. Two of the older ones grab all their empty bowls and take them over to the washing station to assist. If there was a signal for them to do so, it wasn't noticed. Dade sits her hands resting on the two sleeping. She leans her head back against the bulkhead and closes her eyes, though her hands are rubbing the sleeping kids hair, still moving.

The ship sails on through the black, headed towards its destination.

Old Sep 21st, 2022, 02:10 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
Kierra Sinclair
right-aligned image

In the Galley

Kierra smiled as she watched the crew, and even the passengers, interact. It reminded her of when she had a family life, before everything went all Complete disarray or sheer pandemonium.Tian Fuhn Di Fu. The thought put a lump in her throat, which she covered with a bite of spaghetti.

She was impressed with how organized and helpful the kids were. It's probably a condition for being able to get a share of the food, she speculated, for it would not be easy keeping a large group of children together and controlled without some leverage. Especially with such limited resources like food and shelter; the kids probably learned real quick not to mess with Dade if they wanted food and a place to bunk.

Dade looked to finally be resting, so Kierra was reluctant to disturb her. Still, she hadn't spoken with the woman since booking passage, so she wanted to catch up a bit. Sitting down near the resting woman, Kierra said, "Everything alright so far with your accommodations? It shouldn't take long to reach Beaumonde, about four days."