Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Serenity > Freedom's Flight
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 21st, 2022, 04:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27633
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Game OnEnroute to Beaumonde

right-aligned image
Dade responds to Kierra's, though her eyes don't open. "Mmm. It's nice to not have to worry about someone coming -" Her eyes open quickly and she sits up straight, looking around for a moment before relaxing just a bit.

"Sorry Captain. Caught me off guard there. I tend to sleep when they are safe and sound and I've got things in place to warn me. Everything's fine. Forgot how quiet it can be out here in the Black. Payment for our travel aside, you didn't have to take us in for the trip, not knowing if you'd get trouble over it or not. I won't pay your kindness with trouble, so any concerns about the kids, don't hesitate to tell me. They're used to a routine and it's been changed. I've told 'em all, but don't think they fully grasp that we're not going back. It was truly a home to them, crazy as it was. But, we'll find another, better this time thanks to you and your new crew, 'specially that one, Raife who just handed over that coin. Not many'd do that thing out here on what's been called the raggedy edge. Fewer'd take us in.
I won't forget it. Once We're set up on Beaumonde, I'll send you word so's next time you come round, anything I can do for you... I mean that."

And she did. One of her eyes seemed to slightly well up with moisture, but she quickly blinked it away, looking over at the kids helping with the dishes.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Sep 21st, 2022 at 04:56 PM.
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 10:21 PM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
John Williams
left-aligned image

John gives Raife exaggerated puppy dog eyes until the big leathery man finally relents and lets him dig in with the rest. The musician begins adding food indiscriminately to his bowl, mixing pasta, squash, okra, brats, and beans, with a surprisingly small spoon of tomato sauce, and a more robust spoon or two of cheese. Taking up his chopsticks, he mixes the pile thoroughly before finding a seat and digging into food mountain.

He finds himself seated beside Hassan, the man he'd briefly tried to visit in the cockpit before they'd all been called down to a meeting.
"So."
He says to the pilot between bites.
"Truth be, I'm not an experienced space hand and all. Figure if anyone'll know the ropes, it'll be you. Been doing this long? An ave you any advice for someone who's time on ships has been as a passenger instead of crew?"
It might be a good conversation starter, and he'll want to get to know everyone eventually. They're going to be working and living together for an indefinite amount of time after all.
Next on his list is Hero, but approaching her in the middle of dinner and trying to hold a conversation would be a Richard relocation since she used her hands to talk.
Old Sep 27th, 2022, 06:01 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5588
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442

Good food was good. It was a very simple and true statement and if they were going to eat like this all the time... Well, she'd have to up her workout regime. Once she had her fill she disappears to finish unpacking her things and making herself at home.

[These are some possible RP moments and a general 'what Hero might be up to during the trip'.]

Other than the regular maintenance needed to maintain her own physical prowess, she'd spend the trip going over the ship [mostly the engine room] making sure everything was in working order or wasn't going to need replacing soon.

She'd find John a document on nicotine build-up and the demerital effect it has on a ship's electronics and filters, suggesting he got patches or limited his smoking to his room. Or the better option of quitting altogether.

If Stone wanted to work out together or spar she'd make time for that.

When she really had nothing to do she'd sit down and read.

If any of her fellow crewmates showed interest in better communicating she'd try to teach them some sign language.

If Kierra tells her about working on a better Text-to-speech program, Hero will show her the one she has set up in the Engine room. While it has a voice that suits Hero much better, she'd like it to be able to translate Sign to speech.

My Posting day is Mondays AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Old Yesterday, 01:06 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
John Williams
left-aligned image

Hero catches John in an unusual place. He's hung his hammock in the cargo bay in the corner of the catwalk where it makes a 90 degree turn to pass over the cargo floor, leaving him hanging a good 10 feet above the deck. It gives him a chance to relax a bit and get in some reading after spending most of the day keeping an eye on the little ones, while still being marginally aware of what they're up to.
"An here I thought mosta the air scrubbin work's done by algae tanks."
He sets aside his book, a dog-eared copy of The Catcher in the Rye, and clambers back under the railing and onto the catwalk.
"If a workin ship rated for, I'm gonna guess a crew and passengers of a good dozen all told can't handle a half pack a day, I'm guessing sommats seriously wrong with either the design or the maintenance."
John takes the pamphlet with an air of amused patience and a raised eyebrow.
"Am I wrong?"
With the way he stuffed the paper haphazardly into the voluminous pocket of his trench coat, Hero likely suspects he has little intention of actually reading it.
"Don't get me wrong luv, an good on you for bein all health conscious and the like, but Johnny boy's healthy as a horse."
Healthy as a horse might be a little bit of a stretch, since John is of, at best average height, and a little on the scrawny side. Heck, Hero would probably have little trouble bench pressing him. Admittedly he doesn't look unhealthy.
"An I'm more'n willing to help out with simple maintenance like cleanin filters an such. Actually was planning on seeing if you'd give a few lessons in on basic mechanics and electronics. I'd get bored silly with nothin to do, an if I'm going to be crewing on a ship, seems it might come in handy like. I'll even add the dining room to the no-smoking areas."
He sighs.
"Look love, I ain't pushing you to live your life a certain way, so be a dear and don't try an choose for me, hey? I left the coreworlds to get away from that sort of thing."
As far as John is concerned, he's being awfully accommodating.