RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 21st, 2022, 10:26 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2725
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Application

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Sovana (Use Name) / Rinn (Child Name) / Anastrianna Galanodel (Moonwhisper - Adult Name)
Race: Forest Elf (Wood Elf)
Class: Ranger - Hunter (Colossus Slayer)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Character Sheet Link: To Follow
Traits:
Personality Trait 1: Like a nomad, I can't settle down in one place for very long
Personality Trait 2: I feel far more comfortable around animals than people
Ideals: Might - The Strongest are meant to Rule
Bonds: I'm drawn to the Feywild and long to return there, if only for a short while
Flaws: Don't expect me to save those who can't save themselves. It is nature's way that the strong thrive and the weak perish
Physical Description:
Sovana would appear to be an ordinary Wood Elf just reaching her adulthood, lithe and slender as is common for her race, if not for her Feywild alterations. Sovana is short for her race at only 5' 6 and weighs around 85lbs, with beautiful delicate features and long flowing black hair, which she usually keeps in a tight ponytail while travelling, although she is 114 in Elven years she appears to be around 18 if she was human.

But Sovana is not an ordinary Elf, her century in the Feywild has altered her appearance and her eyes which were once an icy blue are now golden yellow orbs like an Owls and she has small feathers growing from her cheeks and and forehead, dusting her ears and in her hair as well. At first she was ashamed of her altered appearance but now she embraces it, decorating her clothing and weaponry with the feathers as well, even going so far as to crafting a feathered wristband focus for use with her meagre magical abilities
Disposition/Personality:
As you would expect from someone who grew up alone in the Feywild, Sovana is a very quiet and serious individual. It isn't because she is incapable of laughter and merriment, it is just that after experiencing the wonders of the Feywild, Life in the Realm is very dull and mundane by comparison. so until she can return there, she focuses on her goal of regaining her place amongst her family and to do that she needs to become the greatest hunter in the realms and prove to her father that she is worthy of being his heir, despite her gender.

Sovana appears to be a cold, serious hunter but it is really just a mask to hide her true damaged spirit, her childhood admiration of her great father and his cruel indifference deeply scarred the child and her subsequent century mostly alone in the Feywild has done nothing to help heal her soul so she shields herself from the world, projecting an air of indifference and strength to hide how weak she really feels. Who knows if her quest to hunt every creature in the world will truly make her happy or bring her the respect and reunion with her family she desires?
Background:
Anastrianna Galanodel (Moonwhisper) as she would be known upon adulthood, Rinn in her childhood was born and raised amongst the Tree Ghost Uthgardt tribe in the High Forest. one of the forest elf families who lived and worked with the Tribe to aid them in their protection of the Grandfather tree, their ancestral mound. Rinn's father Varis Galanodel was practically raised and adopted into the tribe and was their greatest hunter and tracker, melding his wood elf skills to the Uthgardt hunting skills to become a force of nature and the impressionable young Rinn idolised her father and wanted nothing more than to be just like him and make him proud.

But for all his greatness and skill at the Hunt, Varis was a cruel misogynist and despised his daughter for not being the fourth son he wanted. he refused to teach her the way he did her brothers, girls were too weak to be great hunters he would say. they could never slay the great beasts the way he had and he would not respect any who could not match his feats of skill. For many this would have been enough to break the admiration but Rinn still loved her father and worked harder to learn on her own. She might not be strong but she was small and swift and very quiet and able to follow her brothers during their lessons and learn by watching.

When Rinn was 14 years old, with all the arrogance of youth she thought she was ready to hunt the great beasts of the Dire Woods to the north so in the dead of night she crept out with her boy to prove to her father that she was a great hunter. But alas her improper training was incomplete and there was much she did not know, including that the Direwood was not of this world and as she crept past the Pale Ring, the massive Albino Oak trees which marked the boundary of the Dire Wood, she did not realise she had inadvertently passed into the Feywild. a realm she would spend the next century lost it, unable to find her way home.

While their she did mature and learn though, despite the childhood fairy tales told of the cruel denizens of the Feywild, not all its inhabitants were cruel and malicious and Rinn found friends and even a family of sorts with a group of Owl like Fey who lived there, they took her in and taught her to be a hunter like them, swift and silent. the girl took this as a sign and learnt all she could, vowing to one day return a great huntress. One the day of her Adulthood, Rinn accepted the name Anastrianna Galanodel from her Elven side and Sovana from her new family and put Rinn behind her. Finally returning home through the Pale Ring with the help of her friends.

The Huntress was shocked to discover that time in the Feywild often moved differently than in the Realms and although she had spent over a century growing and learning, only 4 years had passed in the Realm. Her family had searched for the missing girl and mourned her passing (except her father of course) and were suspicious when the now grown girl walked back into high forest to come home. Not only was she too old to be the Rinn who had been lost just 4 short years ago but she found she had been marked by her time in the Feywild, growing feathers on her face and in her hair, and her eyes now golden like a Owl (Sovana would often wonder if she would have eventually become an owlkin if she had stayed longer). Despite the tribes shamans declaring her story and claims to be true, she was still cast out by her father, his displeasure at his daughter turning to disgust at what she had become, little more than a beast herself in his eyes.

Since that day Sovana has travelled the realms, Hunting, proving herself. with her companion Akiree by her side she will hunt every creature that exists, great beasts her father has never even heard of let along hunted, she would return his superior and earn her place among her people again
For Special Consideration:
Sovana would like a Owl Companion, currently just a pet she is training to be her hunting partner. one day she hopes to either learn how to make it her familiar and a true part of her hunt, or to find someone she trusts enough to perform the ritual of bonding for her.

Akiree
After the rejection by her Clan and her Father, Sovana was lost and sought the solace of the only place where she knew she was still welcome. although she had no family in the Feywild she did have friends and she made her way back to the Pale Ring seeking to leave the Realm behind. Fate it seems had other ideas and her retreat from the world was diverted when she came across an unusual sight before the Albino Oaks of the Pale Ring. An Owl, larger than any she had ever seen outside of the Feywild (Although by Feywild and Owlkin standards she was actually the runt of the court) fighting a pack of hungry wolves, wounded but using its massive wingspan to keep the animals at bay

Normally Sovana would not have intervened, that was the way of nature of course, the strongest survived and the weak were food but her time in the Feywild has given her a fondness of Owls in general and she brought out her bow and slaying some she and owl chased off the others. Sovana would have brought the injured animal back into the Feywild with her to be tended by its own kind but she was hesitant. since her arrival back in the Realms she had discovered that time seemed to move faster in the Direwoods and she was concerned that the same would be true of the birds injuries, would the bleeding flow faster than she could bind it and find help if she took the bird back into the Fey?

Unwilling to take that chance, Sovana stayed in the Realms and tended the animal, who seemed to accept her as one of her own, Sovana's feathered features due to the Feymark on her helped in that regard and although her magical abilities were minor, they were enough to allow her to communicate with the creature and become friends. Hearing the Owl's story, Sovana discovered a kindred spirit in the bird and named her Akiree (Uthgardt for Sister) as her own name in Owl was unpronounceable to Sovana, although her time in the Fey made her one of the few who could come close to doing it.

Akiree was much like Rinn had been, the smallest and youngest of her court. Although massive by the standards of Owls and Birds in the Realms, In the Direwood she was tiny compared to her kin and ridiculed as useless by them (Yes of course birds, especially owls, can talk to each other, everyone knows that), so in a remarkably similar story to Rinn's own she set out to prove them wrong by going on a Hunt past the Forbidden Pale Ring that marked the boundary with the Feywild and the Realms.

Where she encountered the Wolves. Having never encountered creatures like them before she made the mistake of assuming they were weak like rabbits and expecting them to scatter in fear she attacked the Pack. For all her size and strength, had Sovana not come along she would have paid for that mistake with her life. Over the days that passed as Sovana tended the Owl while she healed they became fast friends and shared their stories thanks to Sovana's Magic. they also formed a pact and a plan of sorts to aid each other in their goals which were alike. To become great hunters and prove their worth to their families, so since that day that is what they did, Sovana and Akiree travelled and hunted, Perfecting their art and skills which complimented each others until they became a formidable team.

Although from the Feywild, Akiree is a mostly normal Owl of a breed very similar to the Great Horned Owl, with a wingspan of close to 5 feet wide, although her coloruing is unique. the Feywild's influence has given Akiree pure white feathers on her body and under-wings, with the backs of her wings mostly white also except for a streak of darker black feathers, starting on the back of her head in a scattered pattern before sweeping down her back and spreading along the edge of her wings in fuller thicker feathers which makes her wings look like they are edged with black blades when in flight

Last edited by Dylan Scott; Aug 23rd, 2022 at 11:21 AM.
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 10:07 PM
Nosferatu

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12690
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Thrakk Soulslayer
right-aligned image

Name: Thrakk Soulslayer
Race: Thri-Kreen
Class: Soulknife
Alignment: CN(E)
Religion: The Light that Hates
Background: Haunted One
Harrowing Event: Born under a dark star

Personality Traits: I'll settle for nothing less than martial perfection

I compulsively seek to collect trophies of my travels and victories.

Ideals: Escape. I believe there is something beyond the world I know, and I need to find it.

Bonds: A great evil dwells within me. I will fight against it and the world's other evils for as long as I can.

Flaws: I'm convinced something is after me, appearing in mirrors, dreams, and places where no one could.

Last edited by Unforgiven; Aug 23rd, 2022 at 11:36 AM.
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 04:27 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11076
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Name: Gauntaunthas Orel Marsk
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Wizard (Lore Mastery Tradition)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Inheritor
Traits: When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
Ideal: Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling.
Bond: I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question. (Stolen from scribe because it worked better.)
Flaw: I'm convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.

Description: Gaunt is not, as his name would suggest, a haggard and spindly man. Not musclebound by any means, he is a healthy and well fed man just under six feet in height. Carrying himself with an air of importance which just borders on arrogance, but is less condescending and more self-important, he has practiced, perfectly straight posture. Though he wears a beard, he keeps it and his jet black hair cut short enough no one can get a handful of it - never again willing to let someone drag him anywhere by his hair. Proud of his profession, he dresses in attire which unabashedly signal a magician. He wears a characteristic wide brimmed, pointed hat in a dark blue which matches the mage's robe he wears over his clothes, a billowing garment with flared out elbow length sleeves split up the front with sleeve caps and trimmed along all seams with arcane markings in gold thread. Affixed over his heart on the robe is a pin of the Magician's Guild. The robe is belted against his waist, held secure there and with a small clasp at the throat. Underneath the robe he wears more typical clothes, well walked in calf high boots, wool pants, a long sleeve tunic and cote. He stores his wand in a pocket in the folds of his robes, which acts as his primary spellcasting tool. The knife behind his belt pouch is much more utilitarian than it is a fighting knife, though he can't say he has never stabbed anyone with it.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Aug 23rd, 2022 at 03:42 AM.
Old Aug 24th, 2022, 05:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12902
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Would a binder be allowed?
Old Aug 24th, 2022, 04:09 PM
He who returns

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7947
Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon
Quote:
Would a binder be allowed?
I would prefer it be from official content, or UA.
Old Aug 24th, 2022, 04:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12902
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Okay. College of spirits bard then.
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 05:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3508
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Jarindar Ormantel
right-aligned image

Name: Jarindar "Caligro" Ormantel
Race: High elf
Class: Artificer
Background: Far Traveler
Concept: There isn't anything finer than walking into the depths of Hell...and writing you name somewhere it shouldn't be....
Description: Seemingly aloof, but Jarindar, or Caligro as he likes to be called, is forthcoming...for a High Elf at least. Perhaps it's the deep tone and deadpan expression that would lead one to believe that Caligro...well, to put it bluntly, dosnt care.
But that would be incorrect. Caligro is a great fan of people. Especially if they are keen to listen about him talk in length about his art.
Caligro is from a high born family, but chose not to pursue his family's tradition in politics. An artist was "fine", but the art that Caligro had in mind was...too modern...for his family's conventional tastes.

Perhaps also, his height is off putting too. Even by elven standards he is a giant, and broad too. With raven black hair, a beaky nose and scowling, owl like eye brows to match the avian image.
Backstory:
"Oh, indeed I tinker, and so do I loathe it....Loath? Perhaps that is too strong a word....it is....mundane...commonplace. It is after all, a job. Would you expect the accountant to jump out of bed in the morning in the excitement to fiddle with numbers all day? I think not.

No, I am about something else. So leave the tinker talk for another day. I am, you see, a pioneer....and a rebel, if I dare say so myself. I've perfected an artform that is accessible to all, yet has the fine detail of high society laced in every stroke. It is not simply the act of writing on walls, oh no. Califretti. takes the elegance of Calligraphy and makes it public. It says "I was here! See me! I have conquered!" Its then a hunt, a challenge. Put your art in the most daring of places. What a punch to the gut it is to walk a thousand miles, only to find that someone has beaten you there!

So that is why you find me here. I will find the prophecy, and where it lies, I will leave my eternal mark!

Trait:I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. Despite my birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideal: Independence. I am a free spirit--no one tells me what to do. (Chaotic)
Bond: I will become the greatest thief artist that ever lived.
Flaw: Despite no I'll will, my birth sometimes puts me out of touch with the common people.

Item request: Irremovable Ink (and Heavy Crossbow + Longsword picked up along the way)

Character Sheet

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Aug 26th, 2022 at 12:07 AM.
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28
Fairborne
Name: Sierenthalnamus (Sieren) Jelleneth
Race: Lizardfolk
Class: Ranger (Drakewarden)
Background: Urchin
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Appearance: Sieren stands perhaps five and a half feet tall with thicker, slate grey scales along their shoulders, back, top of feet, and top half of their head. Their other, lighter scales are a pale green or perhaps olive. Piercing yellow gold eyes are set at the back of a slightly elongated snout. On their left pec is a marking closely resembling a small lizard, perhaps a newt, sparking or encased in white and blue lightning. A cord hangs from their neck decorated with a handful of blue feathers. Their wrists and forearms are wrapped in brown leather strips and a matching loincloth dangles between their legs.

Backstory: In the port city of Saerloon lives a family of lizardfolk. While some thought them homeless, this is not the case. Living in the sewers, the Jelleneths perform many a menial task that others find undesirable from garbage collection and disposal to making sure there are no impediments to the flow of excrement through there slimy home. For the most part they are left to their own devices and have become the unofficial custodians of the cities physical underbelly. In addition, they hunt down keep out vermin and other intruders. The seedy underbelly on the other hand, they have a mutual understanding that neither interferes with the others endeavors. Occasionally they receive anonymous gifts, however, there are a smattering of antagonizers. On one circuit, while Sieren was around ten years of age, to be certain all threats had been eliminated for the time being, a trio of ice mephits harassing a tiny electrified skink. During the subsequent rescue, Sieren shielded the lizard with their young form suffering not only a pair of blasts of ice, but a shock from the skink rendering them unconscious. When cognizance returned, Sieren had a newfound affinity for that and similar reptiles.

Personality:
Traits: I hide scraps of food and trinkets away in my pockets. I ask a lot of questions.
Ideal: Community. We have to take care of each other, because no one else is going to do it. (Lawful)
Bond: I owe my survival to another urchin who taught me to live on the streets.
Flaw: It's not stealing if I need it more than someone else.

Character Sheet: https://ddb.ac/characters/82040927/sP353u

Last edited by Fairborne; Aug 26th, 2022 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added character link
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Greyling
Name : Declan Varis
Race : Half-Elf
Multi-Class : Fighter2/Rogue1 (with plans to psi warrior/soulknife)
Background : Soldier
Appearance : To humans, Declan looks elven, and to elves, he looks human. Standing 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighs approx. 160 pounds, with striking pale blue eyes like his mother. Declan usually keeps himself shaved, but his facial hair does grow in it's sparse thanks to his elven ancestry. Usually dressed in dark blue tunic or coat, with a matching hooded cape. Brown leather armor and bracers. A sheathed longsword on his left hip, and a handaxes hang from his lower back.

Personality : Initially met, Declan seems distant and aloof, but is actually just quiet and reserve. When he does speak he is a straightforward, plain talking man. Though he often finds it awkward to connect with others (outside of a select few), he's happy to help those in his community.
Picture:

Alignment : Lawful neutral
Backstory : Declan's early years were a traditional childhood, if isolated. His father was a trapper near a small town (Velarsburg of Harrowdale). In a chance encounter in the woods, his father met a beautiful elven huntress. The two fell in love and settled in a small cabin where they were soon blessed with a baby boy, Declan. Their peaceful life was disrupted the day his mother didn't return from a hunt. It wasn't uncommon for her hunts to go for a few days. After a week though, his father went looking. When his father returned, but did so alone. Her longbow in hand, the only sign of her which he found in a clearing marked with blood.

For the next seven years, it was just the two of them. Only coming to town to trade the skins and meat from the creatures they trapped. Eventually his father's heart opened enough to find love again. This time with a woman from town. A widower with a daughter of her own. A year later, his father remarried and they relocated to town. Declan found living in town as isolating as living out in the woods. Well... except for his kind new stepmother and stepsister who were very welcoming. Two years later, their little family grew again with a new baby, a baby half-sister.

Living in town had its challenges, but life seemed good. That was until the raids started. Starting with isolated, small attacks before growing in size and aggression. Some of the villagers were taken prisoner (Declan's father among them). A small band of soldiers (the Grey Riders) were passing through on patrol agreed to deal with the problem. Considering the raiders' numbers some local volunteers were recruited, including Declan and his step-sister. The raiders were all killed, but not before they murdered many of the prisoners. Declan's father was one of the casualties. See more need for a capable, martial presence the soldiers stayed long enough to train a local militia. Declan was one of the first to volunteer. After a few years, Declan felt the call to learn more. Believing, as a fighter, he could do more to protect his community.

He found training with (the city Watch of New Velar). A couple months in, a merchant caravan was captured and dragged into the woods. Sent on the rescue, recalling what happened to his father years back Declan feared for the captives. After some hard convincing, he persuaded his superior of a risky plan. The idea was to allow the slaver to be captured Declan, then as the Watch launched their attack Declan would fight from inside the slaver camp to protect and free the prisoners. Fortune smiled on Declan that day. Not only did the plan work, but from among the freed prisoners he met, Devi, his future wife. From one of the slavers' body he found a peculiar item which he kept as a trophy, an old key.

(Backstory just missing wedding)

Last edited by Greyling; Sep 10th, 2022 at 10:36 AM. Reason: backstory details
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 03:15 PM
He who returns

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for the additional applications! Will update the application board tonight.
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 11:54 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 192
Tolmie Tolmie
Concerning 'official' material, does this mean we can't use outdated 5e materials or that we can use all officially released 5e materials? For example, 'Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse' is an update to 'Volo’s Guide to Monsters', as a result, WotC no longer allows Volo's Yuan-Ti for their Adventurers League.
Old Aug 31st, 2022, 12:03 AM
He who returns

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Concerning 'official' material, does this mean we can't use outdated 5e materials or that we can use all officially released 5e materials? For example, 'Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse' is an update to 'Volo’s Guide to Monsters', as a result, WotC no longer allows Volo's Yuan-Ti for their Adventurers League.
Well, I'm no representitive of the Adventurer's League, so I have a bit more discretion. If it was in a D&D 5e game book, or among the UA additions, I'd strongly consider it. And seeing how it's right there in front of me in an official book, i have no issue with it.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Old Aug 31st, 2022, 12:05 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Tolmie Tolmie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkon View Post
Well, I'm no representitive of the Adventurer's League, so I have a bit more discretion. If it was in a D&D 5e game book, or among the UA additions, I'd strongly consider it. And seeing how it's right there in front of me in an official book, i have no issue with it.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Awesome, thanks!
Old Aug 31st, 2022, 04:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Character sheet added for Kostasius.
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 12:24 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Tolmie Tolmie
Fana Netyoive
right-aligned image

Name: Fana Netyoive

Race: Eladrin

Class: Wizard (Order of Scribes)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Religion: Labelas Enoreth

Background: Cloistered Scholar

Personality Traits: I’ve read every book in the world’s greatest libraries—or I like to boast that I have.
There’s nothing I like more than a good mystery.

Ideals: Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. (Neutral)

Bonds: I work to preserve a library, university, scriptorium, or monastery.

Flaws: I can’t keep a secret to save my life, or anyone else’s.