twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 1st, 2022, 01:33 AM
He who returns

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7947
Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon
September 1, which means we're on our last 10 days! When we get closer to the 10th i shall look them all over again.

I encourage you all to look at the other applications. There are some bangers written up!

And remember what i said in the ad, if you feel your character should have something different in the game, such as a family heirloom, a wife, a dog, what ever you can imagine. If the story in the application warrants it, I'll likely be okay with it. If you're playing, say for example, a cleric, but the religion prefers a sword instead of a mace, that's perfectly fine.
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 01:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta
aka "Fiddle"
Curious, Musical Thri-Kreen Rogue

Class
Rogue 3 (Assassin)

Alignment
Chaotic Good

Appearance
Fiddle is fairly middle of the road when it comes to his physical build, as most Thri-Kreen are. His carapace is free from any identifying scars, or marring, and his large compound eyes have an unnerving, unblinking quality that can seem alien to many. His only feature that would stand out to those who arent "face blind" to his kind is a beautiful pair of antennae by his kinds standards. Long, slender, and feathered. As far as colour, and pattern on his chitin Fiddle tends to change fairly frequently as he likes to match his surroundings as best as he can. One day he may look a flat dull green, but the next he could look like a vibrantly coloured, and wildly shaped flower.
He wears little in the way of clothes, as it hinders his natural ability to change his carapace/chitin and blend into his surroundings better. What little he does wear is a dark leather harness, that goes around his "waist" and a bandolier like upper body piece of the same dark leather. Attached to his hips on this harness are some chatkcha, large amber like throwing weapons native to the Kreen, and a long two sided pole arm, with amber blades made out of dasl like the chatkcha, the other native weapon of the Kreen. The dasl is of a deep amber colouration, and the shaft is made of a sandworm rib bone, dark in colour, but speckled like intensely compacted dark sand.

Personality
Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta, or "Fiddle" as some have come to call him is a rather unique individual, even amongst his kind. Being aloof of mind, and prone to intense curiosity Fiddle approaches new things with a sense of wonder that you would expect of a modern foreign tourist. Unaware of customs, and taboos he isn't afraid to do what he feels, but is quick to act should he offend, or get into trouble, which has been known to happen.
"Fiddle" will "sing" often when he is alone, with his thoughts, or deep into a task, however as an insectoid with no vocal chords, or lips to form words he stridulates. Most insects can make a noise of some kind, and this is done by vibrating their chitin plates against each other to create the sounds people hear. Fiddle is called as such because his stridulations sound very close to that of a fiddle.
He is a fierce combatant, as both his former station, and current life demand it. He is calculated in his tactics, and movements, but still can get overpowered by his own curiosity in the moment should it be interesting enough for him to lose himself to thought. The reason for this is prolonged isolation, and as a way to cope with such, Fiddle can lose himself to how deeply his thoughts are, or spending his time making dasl, and maintaining his Gythka, and Chatkcha. This isolation has also lead to Fiddle losing track of exactly how many years old he is.

Backstory
Nomads that drift like the very dunes they call home; Thri-Kreen live relatively simple lives of hunting, gathering, and living day to day. Their clans were split up into roles, and each played their role well, even Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta For a bit anyway. You see Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta had always had a curiosity for things his kind would actively shy away from, and avoid. He would try to figure out why they were afraid, or would avoid places, or things. This would often time result in Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta learning a lesson the hard way, but learn he did. Despite this curiosity Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta was a very skilled stalker, and was recognized for it by his people. Unfortunately no matter how good you are at something your reputation stays with you, and over time many would not go on hunts with Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta in fear that his overwhelming curiosity would cost them a meal, or worse, their life.
One day while going out on a hunt Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta was warned of portents pointing to disastrous times in the dunes. When the signs were explained Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta went out to witness these signs for himself. Unfortunately this is where he learned probably the hardest lesson of his life so far. You see the portents of disaster were all the signs pointing to sand worm migration, and not the small kind either. A time of great turmoil, and wonton destruction on the dunes, often times lasting days. Well Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta found himself on the opposite side of the migration path which lasted for three days, and three nights. When he returned to where the clan had been there was no sign of them anywhere; three days is a lot of time for tracks to be covered in the desert, and so Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta figured they moved on without him like their kind was known to do, and rather than risk dying in the dunes alone he made the choice to wander.
Eventually leading himself out of the desert and int more "civilzed" lands Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta began to explore the lands with dense forests, and jungles, mountains, and coasts alike. After a few years of traveling he started to pick up on stories, and rumours about him going around, about a large insect creature that sang, which perplexed him because at this point Tak'Cha At'Hlak'Ta was unaware he was even making the noise. After hearing a few names that people were calling him he decided that he liked the sound of "Fiddle" and so he adopted the monicer, and would often speak his name to people from afar that he heard talking about him in other monicers to correct them, hoping it would seem like their own thought, as Thri-Kreen speak telepathically.
Fiddle found himself drawn to the lush greens of the jungles, and forests, as well as the dank dripping depths of both caverns, and the large sewers of the larger cities. its in these places he could remain unseen, unbothered by the day to day of people who were off put by him. Instead he took these times to try and learn what was the way to do something, and what wasn't. Barter was the main form of trade done between the Thri-Kreen tribes, and folk of the desert, moving to the more heavily populated cities was a bit of culture shock, ALSO learning how much most people are put off by hearing your voice in their head was a learning experience. One mix-up in Water Deep taught him about the value of what money was, and its importance in the wider world. This gave him a bit of a reputation as a trouble maker despite there being a logical explanation for the problem. In Baldur's Gate Fiddle had a misunderstanding with a member of the Flaming fist which really taught him a valuable lesson on authority, and how grey the line can be in places like the gate. There is still a small bounty out on him for petty crimes, involving striking a member of the Flaming Fist, and the destruction of a grocery stall, but it was all a misunderstanding. While on the road poor Fiddle accidentally upset a group of travelling dwarven merchants by being too curious about their wares, and was chased out of the camp, but its not like them to keep a grudge, right? Not all of his ventures have ended negatively, as he has saved some lives, and even helped smooth over a disagreement between neighboring farmers.
Fiddle has since started taking up jobs, that he can use his special skill set advantageously, and it looks like things are starting to look up as he has heard rumors of s strange place that other interesting sorts might be gathering for. A place of great wealth, supposedly; which normally would not entice Fiddle, but the accumulation of wealth, would allow him to clear his name, and pay off fines from some of his... misunderstandings.
So Fiddle set off, chasing rumours not of himself, but of grand treasure, perilous predicaments, and new potential friends. The possibilities fill his head, as a soft lilting fiddle sings his curiosity toward the destination.

Special Consideration
Fiddles' Gythka count as a finesse weapon as it is both made from a part of him (Dasl) and he has spent most of his life with this weapon. Also a closer to human life span :/

Fun Fact
Dasl is an amber like substance made from a Thri-Kreen chewing certain herbs, and mixing them with their natural venom, into a gummy paste that they then spit into sand, and mix, and let harden. Dasl is made in small shards like japanese tamahagane or "jewel steel", and then stuck together and assembled using more dasl. These pieces are hard, rigid, and very sharp, akin to obsidian, but very durable. Thri-Kreen see dasl as a near sacred material, as its both time consuming, and taxing to make. It's also made from a piece of the Thri-Kreen, and because of this they will rarely actively part with tools or weapons made of the substance, and is seen as incredibly valuable, and personal. Outsiders who are gifted dasl should take it as a great honour.

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2

Last edited by IrishKatt; Sep 4th, 2022 at 02:14 PM.
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 11:06 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Lookie Louis Lookie Louis
There are so many fantastic applications here. So tempted to throw my hat in, but I just don't know 5e very well yet. I'll cobble something together and not get my hopes up.
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 11:26 PM
He who returns

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookie Louis View Post
There are so many fantastic applications here. So tempted to throw my hat in, but I just don't know 5e very well yet. I'll cobble something together and not get my hopes up.
If you are interested in learning 5e, City of Endless Arena's has some amazing DM's that are really good with battles. I got my start there years ago, and enjoyed my experience there.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 11:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3508
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkon View Post
If you are interested in learning 5e, City of Endless Arena's has some amazing DM's that are really good with battles. I got my start there years ago, and enjoyed my experience there.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
I second this. Even with 5e experience under the belt the city of endless arenas is a great game. I'd also recommend West Marches too . It can take a while to get accepted into games, but the above mentioned two take everyone as long as there are enough DMs
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 11:35 PM
He who returns

Tools
User Statistics
I dabbled in West Marches as well, and vouch for it. I was not there long before i had to take a leave of absence from the site, but it was a good experience.
Old Sep 3rd, 2022, 01:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Let me know if there is anything else you need from my application

Old Sep 3rd, 2022, 06:59 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hiersch, son of the Gnasslash
right-aligned image
Sex: Male
Race: Lizardfolk
Class: level 3 Wolf Totem Barbarian
Alignment: Neutral
Religion: Animist (Druidic)
Appearance: Hiersch is well over six feet tall and beefy, evincing the comfortable lifestyle he's been afforded over the last year. He's grayish-brown with a dark green belly, an orangey crest and dark red-gold eyes. He seldom wears more than a loincloth and a preponderance of organic trophies and baubles. Most are worthless beyond his own fascination with them.

Background: Monstrous Tribal/Outlander (adapted from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide)

Feature: Tribal Heritage - I am familiar enough with any wilderness area that I find twice as much food and water as I normally would when I forage there. Additionally, I can call upon the hospitality of my people, and those folk allied with my tribe.

Personality: Continued contact with Basically all of the non-monster player character races.men has given me a true respect for some of them, even if they do have to wear metal and hide behind walls and machines.

Though some see me only as a monster, I do not take it personally. I mean, I am a monster, to prey. Most men have the seeming of little more than troublesome meat, to be honest. They are stupid and fearful and soil their own dwellings.

Speaking of which, when you die can I eat your corpse? I'd hate for it to go to waste. And think, what better way to ensure you are not turned into an undead monstrosity? Can you imagine the shame of it? Being fully consumed by fire or by teeth is the only way. It's worth a thought, no?

You can make a shield out of my back scales when I die, if you want. This shield here? It was made from my auntie. The ribbing here is actually her ribs. I really liked her.

Ideal: Nature. The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization and the Read: MY peoplepeople are the better part of nature. Most humanoids are not people, strictly speaking. They are greedy and stupid and cannot see the harms they do to the world. They are animals. That elf over there? Not people. You can eat him if you want. I will not judge.

Bond: Tribe. My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me. I have learned to extend my tribal bond to non-lizard folk like Halfling and perhaps the other players.

Flaw: Pleasure. I am new to most intoxicants, as they were reserved only for ritual purpose in the tribe. Contact with the world of men has left me far too enamored of food. Oh and liquor! And ale and wine, and so many new and interesting things to smoke and chew.

Story
I am Hiersch, son of the Gnasslash, whose territory lies west of the Infested Hills and borders the land called Sembia, in the tongues of men. It came to be true in my early days that men from that land invaded our sacred territory. What they came for is not known, but there was much slaughter, as was their way. Because they hid their soft skins behind the bleeding metal and came in great numbers, Amnahk-Who-Dreams bade us to stay your hands and hide least we be driven and killed.

And so it was for a time, until a soft-skin child called Halfling came to our waters. He brought with him many men in clothes of the bleeding metal, intent on stealing the wood that had fallen and lay sodden in the black bog. Garurt knew that the child was the son of a great chieftain to have so many followers. Sauriv agreed and knew that he wanted to build a proper nest and had good reason to want such fine logs. Mirik disagreed for he knew that men did not live like people, but dwelt in caves made of pebbles that they stacked very high. Kethead knew that whether any of these things were true, the soft-skins were stealing from us and therefore must die.

Amnahk-Who-Dreams, having heard all who spoke and having no whisper from god nor spirit, suggested to Chief Vutha that it would be best to ask the child why he stole from us. Chief Vutha thought long, then bade Amnahk-Who-Dreams to use his magic to send a message to Halfling. And so it was that the shaman called up a heron and bound to it a message asking Halfling to put away their weapons that they might talk. The men killed the bird, as was their way, and took the note to Halfling.

It was some time before they acquiesced, and there were many men who did not have clothes of metal that bleeds who left with great haste. Darastrix was sent to have words, being as she was even-handed and wise and knew how to sing the common tongue of men. They spoke only a short time before the stink of fear from the men turned Darastrix away, taking flight to save her own life. There was much ado amongst the men until finally Halfling walked out alone to treat with us.

There was much talk and Halfling proved to be both wise and thoughtful. Amnahk-Who-Dreams knew that Halfling, when fully grown, would be a powerful ally and bade Chief Vutha trade favorably with him. Halfling, it was decided, would be allowed to take some of the bog wood, where it would do the least damage, and Halfling would train a few of our warriors in the ways of men.

I, Hiersch, son of the Gnasslash, whose territory lies west of the Infested Hills and borders the land called Sembia was chosen to be one of the first. My time there was often trying and many mistakes were made. But let no one say I have not served my chief and my people well or that Halfling does not treat fairly and rule wisely, those in his care.

I go now, out into the larger world of men, beyond the borders that Halfling rules. I will learn much of those who dwell there and return to my people with what wisdom I might glean. This is my duty and I will let no tangle slow me nor fallen trunk bar my way.

Character Sheet

Last edited by Lookie Louis; Sep 29th, 2022 at 11:58 AM.
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 02:25 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Mostly done. I think I'd like to roll for stats, so we'll see what you are planning for that, Dakkon.

I need a price check on a fancy long stemmed smoking pipe, please. Maybe make it a gift from Halfling? (Who's given name I'm sure Hiersch will learn eventually.) Maybe some pipe weed too or something foraged and equally interesting to the skull meat?

I gave myself a free shield as I can make one over the period of a short rest from just about any corpse.

Also, would you rather have the whole app done in Hiersch's voice? After I got it all done it occurred to me that it's awfully flippant. Would a role-play section punch up the app a bit or be too much extra reading? Am I asking too many questions?

Last edited by Lookie Louis; Sep 5th, 2022 at 08:56 PM.
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1300
NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact

Thea Greenwood
The evil mastermind's daughter

Have you ever seen that one-shot antagonist whose sole purpose in the episode is to break her conditioning as an evil sidekick in the last minute and free the defeated heroes, allowing them to save the day? Meet the rest of her life.

right-aligned image
Summary
Raised by Lady Cassandra Elleanor Greenwood, her gentle mother, and Augustus Backford, her power-hungry father, Thea was plotted to be the delicate face that would treacherously slay her father's enemies, but the kindness of her mother had an imprint on her soul.

When, during a plot by Backford to take control of the Seven Suns Trading Coster by mental manipulation of its leadership, a group of powerful adventurers under direct contract from the throne unmasked and confronted him, Backford managed to capture them. Making a difficult decision, Thea used her magic and creativity to release the adventurers, who, in their battle, finally defeated her father at the cost of the lives of the evil archmage and, by accident, Lady Cassandra.

After the demise of her parents and being only 14, but already an accomplished wizard and a coldly-plotting strategist - from being harshly trained by her father - Thea refused all her aunts' offers of adoption (together with an invitation by the adventurers to travel with them) and set out to "build her own throne", using all the arcane and social dark knowledge her father gave her in order to build a society she would consider to be truly free and truly fair.

That quest led her to check on the prophecy.

Character Sheet

Details
Name: Theodora Cordelia Greenwood II
Race: Human (distant elven ancestry)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Chaotic motto: "It is not prohibited... if you are not caught"
Neutral motto: "Good towards those who are good, evil towards those who are evil"

Class: Wizard 3 (Enchanter.)
Background: Sage (Wizard's Apprentice)
Personality Trait: Always cold, speaks in quick bursts, always precise.
Ideal: No Limits. Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence.
Bond: She uses her darkly-acquired skills for creating a new, fairer society... and cruelly destroy the lives of those like her father.
Flaw: Heart of gold. She tends to always try to help people in suffering... but with strategy... and she denies she does it.

Concepts
The evil mastermind's daughter
Cold-blooded plotter
Bookworm
Eyes of a snake, heart of a dove

Story
The girl, not even a teenager yet, was thrown into the wall for the second time in a row. So strong was the golem's push that one of her ribs was nearly broken. Perhaps it was broken.

She stood right in front of it, regardless of her clear disadvantage in short-range combat, because she knew the construct's only weakness she could exploit existed on its chest and the only moment the aberration would open its twisted arms would be precisely during the act of hitting her with one if its powerful blows... so she purposely took the blow to cast her last spell, an icy knife blade, and hit it on the spot. She would truly die if she didn't. There was no one there who would save her.

Not all lessons were like that, but sometimes, Augustus Backford made it clear to her that the combat was to death and, in those occasions, she was not to count on him for assistance. She was on her own and her life truly depended on her skill... and skill she did have as, even being that young, she could already master spells of the first circle, such as "Ice Knife".

As the golem fell to the ground, disabled, the stone-cold eyes of the archmage looked at her, unimpressed. The girl tried to stand, but fell back to the ground. She wanted to cry, but knew better than that. Regardless, she looked at her father and asked, in a cold and calculated, yet clearly broken voice: Wh... why? (she gulped, painfully) Why this much?

The archmage stood from his chair, looked into the girl's eyes and answered in his usual quick and dry way of speaking: Understand: power is a consequence of suffering and time. Can I give you time?

Thea fell silent as her trainer, master and father calmly left the room, leaving her with her wounds, and only after that she managed to summon the strength to utter a whisper: Understood.

Lady Cassandra Eleanor Greenwood, Thea's mother, loved her husband. She loved him by force of a spell, indeed, but love flowing from her was such a natural thing that it did not even feel out of place. In fact, she was such a loving and lovable person that not even a power-hungry, consistently evil plotter like Backford could refrain from feeling some sort of fondness towards her and, instead of treating her like a minion, as he did to all the other people and monsters he dominated by various different means, he treated her approximately like a wife.

Thea, or, more properly, Theodora Cordelia Greenwood II, did not carry Backford's surname, as naming the girl after her grandmother was one of the archmage's stratagems to fill the ego of his wife's mother, while in the process of conquering his place among the Greenwood family, a respected clan that traced its ancestry to, at some point in the distant past, include the Grand Mage of the Tower of the Sun, Breithel Olithir, himself. Lady Theodora Cordelia Greenwood (the first), of course, did not survive the relationship, being poisoned by "unknown enemies of the family".

After the deadly tests, Thea had to move - sometimes crawl - by herself towards her mother's room, where healing potions and maternal warmth were always waiting, anxiously wishing for the door to open in order to see that the girl was broken, shaken... but alive.

Her mother was a completely different part of her life. While her father would give her exhausting lessons on magical theory and practice, demanding results one would not expect from a trained adult, Lady Cassandra would sing to her, or read her poetry. When his father ordered her to poison a poor boy they met on the streets - which she did - as part of her training, her mother took her, without her father's knowledge, to the boy's former home, late at night, to secretly leave some gold and food as a mild alleviation to the pain of losing a son.

The kind woman could not disobey her "beloved husband", but she could still be herself, while obeying him.

The years passed and Thea grew to become extremely apt in wielding both the arcane arts and her sharpened mind as deadly weapons, even to the point of helping her father achieve some of his goals. An innocent-looking girl in distress could be too perfect a bait for some heroes to resist - and those who fell for it came, all of them, to feel the blade or the spell that came from behind.

Despite her precision and coldness at the service of her master, Thea never truly lost contact with the warmth of heart that her mother taught her, to the point of secretly crying in her bed after successful missions - that usually costed the lives of many. The girl could never betray her father, but she could also never stop being betrayed by the kind feelings learned from her mother. She thought her father evil, despicable... but he was her father and all she knew she owed it to him.

The girl was two different people living in the same mind... a mind carefully designed and frequently used to kill and delude.

Just as Thea turned 14, Backford was in the process of securing control of the prestigious and immensely rich Seven Suns Trading Coster, a company responsible for a large share of Sembia's trade, in an attempt to open his way to the throne by economic means. Despite extremely well-planned, his plot did not pass unnoticed, as a loyal aide of one of the company's dignitaries noticed the sudden change in behavior of his employer, as he took an innocent-looking gift - a golden pen - delivered by Backford and informed his brother, who was a trusted friend of one of the generals in the service of the throne.

In order not to create a problem with a powerful family, the queen did not send her army after the already notorious - but still not unmasked - Augustus Backford. Instead, she hired a powerful group of adventurers, who became charged with the task of finally revealing the terrible schemes of the archmage.

After many weeks of investigation and battles with Backford's minions, the adventurers finally took hold of precious evidence that would directly implicate Backford in a plot against the throne... but, once again, a young girl in distress was too much of a bait and the heroes, in an attempt to free the "enslaved" daughter, who could testify against her murderous father, fell to Backford's schemes and ended up in a dungeon, under Greewood Manor.

The heroes were good people trying to protect the country and their reputation was well-known in Selgaunt - adding to it all, their warrior's assistant was a gentle and brave boy, who truly touched Thea's heart during the time she pretended to be acting against her father.

Thea never felt so divided and, in the last moment, when the heroes were about to be converted into mentally-controlled minions by Backford, she managed to disable the mechanism used be her father to direct a certain artifact's energies towards their victims. An "Unseen Servant" placing a steel hammer between two gears caused the machine to slowly and loudly fall into pieces.

Taking advantage of the loud noise and the chaos created by the machine being destroyed, she managed to free the adventurers, who then recovered their gear and faced Augustus Backford in his own house, with the result of the dreadful villain falling for the last time. The battle was more destructive than anyone could foresee and Thea was taken unconscious to a safe place by the adventurer's mage, who used a Dimension Door spell to save the girl's life... but lady Cassandra did not have the same luck and her room was one of the first areas destroyed by the collateral damage of the battle. The good lady died in her sleep.

When all was finished and the kingdom's soldiers arrived to take control of Greenwood Manor, Thea woke up to know that both her parents were dead.

Truly, the loss of her father did not hit her much. For a long time, she was divided in what concerned to the archmage, but, in that very day, after looking in the eyes of the heroes in what would be their last moments, she realized - or even better: decided - who she was. Her betrayal of her father was a calculated act, not an impulse purely from the heart. She decided she would be neither a minion, neither a true offspring of Augustus Backford.

Anyway, despite her newfound sense of identity and morals, the death of her mother - partly from the acts of the heroes - was something the presence of those adventurers would remind her of forever, so she left them, even after their emphatic requests for her to follow them as, at least, an apprentice.

In the trial that followed, the heroes lied about Thea's involvement in her father's crimes, testifying that the girl was also mentally controlled by her father just as her mother and the dignitaries of the Seven Suns Trading Coster. Such testimony was, in absolute, a lie, but considering the condition of the girl as Backford's daughter, raised to obedience, it was not completely untrue and was accepted by both the tribunal and the throne.

Her innocence "proved", her mother's sisters ran to the "poor girl, whose mind had just awakened from a nightmare" offering adoption. The family had a tradition in that matter, actually never leaving one of theirs unsupported. The girl promised she would consider the offers.

In the aftermath of the trials, Thea went to the ruins of her home, took whatever she could take for her journey towards wherever destiny might lead her and moved away without looking back. She would have to decide her fate and, considering the popularity of a certain prophecy regarding riches and power, it seemed to her just right to set sail towards wherever the quest for those riches would take her...

...but she would not do it alone. She had seen the power of teamwork from the heroes' victory over her father and she knew her chances were better if she could find people she could trust.

That was, in many ways, the first day of her life and she moved towards the future with confidence that her skills, dark in origin as they were, would be sufficient to grant her and others a brighter future, while giving one more reason for any other "Augustus Backfords" of Faerūn not to have a sound night of sleep.

Last edited by NonCausalFact; Sep 6th, 2022 at 09:41 PM.
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 01:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Added some more to the bottom of the application, to more or less tie in how, or why he is headed in search of the rumours

Last edited by IrishKatt; Sep 4th, 2022 at 01:53 PM.
Old Sep 5th, 2022, 07:35 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1300
NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact
Hi, Dakkon! How are you?

Just informing that Thea is no longer a WIP.

Moving to the sheet.

Last edited by NonCausalFact; Sep 5th, 2022 at 07:35 AM.
Old Sep 5th, 2022, 08:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2675
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I think I finished my character sheet.
Did I miss anything?
Old Sep 5th, 2022, 10:37 AM
He who returns

Tools
User Statistics
At work atm but will review tonight.

I must say, i am humbled by the turnout. So many great applications, you guys are not taking it easy on me!
Old Sep 5th, 2022, 05:30 PM
He who returns

Tools
User Statistics
Updated chart.

For the most part, i have a pretty good idea on who will be in the founding group. Just on the sheer amounts of applications here, which i am grateful to have seen, i think i will be settling on a party of five. No, not the show from the 90s!

Five more days left to edit applications, for character sheets to be processed and shared, as well as time for new applications to be processed, and lastly, to pick each other's brains on the little details.

Also, note, if you wish to roll for stats, if you are accepted, the mechanics board on the other side will be available for use.

And if you see an application from another player that blows your socks off, let them know!

Thank you for your time, fellow RPGX players.