Other Black Flags in the Ghoul Stars (Rogue Trader) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 26th, 2022, 02:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Mmh.. tempted to play an astropath or navigator.. but would they get some 'action' or are they considered part of the ship resources, too precious to go anywhere fun and/or dangerous?

Otherwise I'll go for a Xeno or a different type of psyker.. (possibly recycling my old app)
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Let there be fire again

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3787
Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks
I am game to be some kind of bodyguard for House Sheyln, whether human or Eldar. While I like the lore I read about the latter, I do agree with not making everyone a xenos. If everyone is a xeno, no one is, right?

Might be able to grab the books in the coming days. If I do, will fill out a bio. How many folks are legitimately intetested, and how many are on the fence like I?
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 02:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1164
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
I bought the book so I am financially committed. Unlikely to create anything not in the core book as there is reading and learning to do but Psyker/Tech looks "Explodey Warp brain fun fun".

Some of the high end W40K action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hgjuFfn3A

and with some commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrmJqY788Fc

Last edited by psuedenim; Aug 26th, 2022 at 02:17 PM.
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 03:07 PM
WotC can bite me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6767
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylus View Post
I've never played in a rogue trader game, or any warhammer games that i can remember. Are you ok with someone who is new to the system applying?
Same basic question. I will add that I love the Ciaphus Cain and other books in the 40K setting.
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1722
EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae
Soltaire & Rylus:So, my biggest hope with this game is to encourage more players in this system(s). So, newbies are definately open.

Ursinorum: The Lady Sheyln does not have a lot of resources and will throw anything she has at this problem, making everyone expendible and available for combat

Also, Navigators are TERRIFYING in combat in my experience.
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 06:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2017
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
is there a reason we cannot roll? it just makes my life easier, as i have analysis paralysis
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 07:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaRae View Post
The Lady Sheyln does not have a lot of resources and will throw anything she has at this problem, making everyone expendible and available for combat
Dope.

Last edited by Ursinorum; Sep 13th, 2022 at 08:20 AM.
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 11:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3140
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Name: Asaris Marduke
Race: Eldar
Career: Seneschal or arch-militant
Origin Path: Path of the exile

Physical Description: Asaris is like most eldar, standing just a bit taller than humans at six foot eleven and pale marble like skin. His hair, which is always braided, hangs down to his mid back and is a midnight blue in color. His eyes are a coal black and unsettle most humans with a mere look. He prefers to wear his armor most of the time as he feels insecure without it, and he always has a weapon in draw distance. In the rare occasion where he does not have or is unable to wear his armor, he wears nearly form fitting black and silver cloths with no added adornments.

Personality: Asaris has been taught to follow the command of the one in charge, he follows orders to the best of his ability but has no problem pointing out flaws in a plan if it’s not his father’s plan. His attitude makes others see him as uncaring and cold, but he just does what is needed for survival. He sees humans not as equals to the eldar but they are capable in their own way. He seeks to learn more about the galaxy and its inhabitants so that when he returns to his home fleet, he can better his fellows and their strategies.

Background: Eight hundred terran years ago an eldar fleet came under attack by an unknown entity, try as they might they just didn’t have the numbers to fight back against the mighty foe and just as they started to lose hope a ship appeared, and then another and another. Soon a massive fleet had formed and started attacking the enemy, that fleet was of House Sheyln. They unintentionally saved the eldar and thus earned the favor of the fleet commander Atari Marduke. This favor took the form of a device that Atari promised House Sheyln would call for help in a time of need, they only had to press the button and the eldar would send someone to help.

Asaris was born seven hundred years after those events and the eldar fleet commanded by his father has grown in strength. Asaris chose the path of a warrior and has been practicing since he was strong enough to hold a blade and gun. When the signal came Atari remembered his vow and thought that it would be a good experience for his son and so sent Asaris to answer the call after explaining that he was expected to serve until the debt his people owed was paid.

Each starts at 25, 100 characteristic points (cp), distributed as indicatedCHARACTERISTIC Value
Weapon Skill (WS): Apply 20cp45
Ballistic Skill (BS): Apply 5cp30
Strength (S): Apply 10cp, subtract 5 due to Eldar30
Toughness (T): Apply 15cp, subtract 5 due to Eldar35
Agility (Ag): Apply 15cp, add 5 due to Eldar45
Intelligence (Int): Apply 5cp30
Perception (Per): Apply 10cp, add 5 due to Eldar40
Willpower (WP): Apply 10cp35
Fellowship (Fel): Apply 10cp35
Skill name Basic(ubs) Skilled +10% +20%  
Acrobatics (Agi) X X O O  
Awareness (Str) X X O O  
Deceive (Fel) X X O O  
Dodge (Agi) X X O O  
Common Lore (Eldar) (Int) X X O O  
Forbidden Lore (Xenos) (Int) X X O O  
Stealth (Agi) X X O O  
Speak Language (Eldar) X X O O  
Speak Language (Low Gothic) X X O O  
SkillName O O O O  
SkillName O O O O  
SkillName O O O O  
SkillName O O O O  
SkillName O O O O
TALENTS/TRAITS
Catfall, Dark Soul, Heightened
Senses (Sight, Sound), Jaded, Leap Up, Melee
Weapon Training (Primitive), Melee Weapon
Training (Universal), Nerves of Steel, Outcast
Weapon Training, Sprint. Non Imperial, Speak Not Unto the
Alien, Unnatural Agility (x2)

Last edited by Rylus; Sep 19th, 2022 at 01:04 AM.
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 12:10 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot lasgun View Post
is there a reason we cannot roll? it just makes my life easier, as i have analysis paralysis
Because the site does not like people rolling in the advertisement thread. It's kinda spammy. And THEY DON'T LIKE SPAM!
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 03:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sup HL,

You can use the dedicated testing dice roller here.

Then link the result so we know there's no foul play

Last edited by Ursinorum; Aug 27th, 2022 at 03:30 AM.
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 04:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20519
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursinorum View Post
Sup HL,

You can use the dedicated testing dice roller here.

Then link the result so we know there's no foul play
I think the point is more that the Ad calls for point buy, not the standard "No rolling in the Ad" request.

Edit: That said, @Hotshot lasgun, I'm more than happy to randomly generate you a valid 100pt total if that will help your indecision.

Last edited by hafrogman; Aug 27th, 2022 at 05:41 AM.
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 05:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20519
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Another player new to the system, and Warhammer as a whole, really. I've circled around it a number of times, but never gotten my feet wet. Apologies if anything in my application doesn't gel with the tone or lore, as I'm a little hazy on both.
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Fetch
Career: Void Master
Origin Path:
  • Home World: Forge World
  • Birthright: In Service to the Throne (Into the Storm, pg. 20)
  • Lure of the Void: Renegade
  • Trials and Travails: Press-Ganged
  • Motivation: Exhilaration (Into the Storm, pg. 28)
Description: Unimpressive in height and build, Fetch is a man of little note or consequence at first glance. Nearing his third decade, his face bears the tale of a life devoted to labor, not comfort, but he lacks the scars of a true warrior. His dirty brown hair is kept slicked back, away from his eyes and a patchy growth of facial hair skirts around his chin. Planetside, he mirrors much of his appearance, deferring to others and trying to keep his head down, away from the notice of others. A lifetime of living under someone else's thumb has taught him the value of not standing out. But once Fetch leaves the dirt behind, another personality shines through. He finds what little happiness he can in this universe in those stolen moments out in the black, his own skill and knowledge pitted against an enemy. Not for blood or coin, but simply to test who is better.

Background: There was a boy, a menial of no consequence. He ran errands, delivered messages and retrieved packages, so they called him Fetch. He was not strong enough to become a guard, nor smart enough to be inducted into the deeper secrets of the Adeptus Mechanicus. But he was fast, and just useful enough to keep himself alive. As he grew older, his assignments took him further and further, traveling between the endless foundries and factories of his home world. But seeing so many different parts of the process awoke a heretical curiosity within him, as he started trying to work out how the pieces all fit together to become the ships that defied the chains of gravity and spread out into the infinite void above.

Before his inquisitive nature could lead to his untimely recycling, Fetch was assigned a new task. He was to board one of those great vessels bound for the stars, shipping out to the farthest reaches of the Imperium. The chance to see the completed construction from within only drove his obsession more, only now his quest for knowledge brought him dangerously close to the cold scrutiny of the Tech-priests commanding the ship. So the boy turned young man bided his time, carefully gleaning information while trying to maintain his anonymity. When he could learn no more, he left, jumping ship at the next port large enough to mask his disappearance.

Cocky and naοve, Fetch believed he could find his own way back out among the stars... instead the way found him. There are all too many out there eager for fresh recruits, and none too picky about the manner of that recruitment. Fetch found himself crewing a trader vessel against his will. As a menial, Fetch had been at least nominally a free man... now he was enslaved. The next several years were ones of darkness and bloodshed as the Eastern Fringes fell deeper and deeper into darkness, cut off from Terra. Fetch survived, learned much and even came to be regarded as a trusted crewmember, the record of his impressment long forgotten by his 'masters'. But Fetch remembered.

When the Rogue Trader that commanded the fleet turned on his own sister, Fetch watched. He saw the youngest scion of House Sheyln nearly fall to treachery. He saw the survivors of her own crews pressed into service just as he had been years ago. There was no fighting their fate now, but he would be damned if he would fight for the press-gangers any longer. Just as he had all those years ago, Fetch slipped his shackles and set off on a new path. But this time, he had a plan. He would find this Gabriela Sheyln, and he would see what use she had for a skilled pilot.
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 12:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
I think the point is more that the Ad calls for point buy, not the standard "No rolling in the Ad" request.

Edit: That said, @Hotshot lasgun, I'm more than happy to randomly generate you a valid 100pt total if that will help your indecision.
please do. high on ws, bs, wp , agility, and toughness

fel, and int can be my dump stats
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 02:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

aristopholes church

arch-militant

fortress world, stubjack, tainted (mutant), darkness (warp incursion), fortune

ws | 37
bs | 43
str | 34
tou | 41
agi | 38
int | 26
per | 36
wil | 45
fel | 25

secret tongue (military)
common lore (war)

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Aug 27th, 2022 at 02:49 PM.
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
i spent 200 xp to gain the feels no pain mutation and 100 xp on the warp incursion path

my rolls
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...=1#post9534830

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Aug 27th, 2022 at 02:58 PM.