PF-1e Tides of Time: A High-Level Campaign - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 12th, 2022, 12:28 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 347
chaincomplex chaincomplex chaincomplex chaincomplex
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpatulaOdoom View Post
Well, if existence is about to end, and he's part of existence, that sounds like something he'd want to stop from happening. Hard to continue your research if you no longer exist. And it's only 12 years away! that's nothing. Also, time travel would likely be involved in higher level planar research, and time is one of the fundamental forces of creation, both things he's got an interest in.
Sounds good to me, I look forward to seeing the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I didn't calculate the prices yet, but here's a reminder in case I'm eyeballing them wrong: magic tattoos, per PCS: ISM, are priced as slotless items and thus twice the price of the normal form. It's an expensive route to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghnuis View Post
Actually, good (?) news.

Last edited by chaincomplex; Sep 12th, 2022 at 01:49 AM.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 03:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3773
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
I crafted them, so they're half double the price, or the standard price of the item. It's expensive, but that balances out the fact I only need one craft skill and feat.

Edit: Also, I have the costs listed in the notes for each one.

Edit2: Eep! Just looked at the feat again. I have to make my headband not a tattoo. Can't tattoo that slot, unfortunately.

Last edited by Ermine; Sep 12th, 2022 at 09:32 AM.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 06:05 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2512
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
If feedback is on the table I would appreciate it.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 06:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5304
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Ok, besides app being done, I also added my character sheet. Actually finished it earlier than I expected
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9851
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasontheswift View Post
Agreed. I've got a character sheet but since it's a level 20 it's a bit... complicated!
I will note that while it shows the manuals of X in my inventory, I've used them and the stats will represent that. The books are there for bookkeeping (heh) purposes.

Last edited by Runetide; Sep 12th, 2022 at 07:11 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 07:16 PM
Lanthanoid

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32629
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Agreed. I've got a character sheet but since it's a level 20 it's a bit... complicated!
I will note that while it shows the manuals of X in my inventory, I've used them and the stats will represent that. The books are there for bookkeeping (heh) purposes.
I like that we have no overlapping elements. I'm planning to go aether/earth/air.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 09:41 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8553
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
Sounds good to me, I look forward to seeing the character.

Actually, good (?) news.
How are you handling CRs for Templates? Are you using the 3.5 Buyoff rules? Just incorporating them into race? Some other?
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 10:32 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 347
chaincomplex chaincomplex chaincomplex chaincomplex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I crafted them, so they're half double the price, or the standard price of the item. It's expensive, but that balances out the fact I only need one craft skill and feat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasontheswift View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Agreed.
I'll take a look, but realistically I'll miss errors in character building since 20 class levels is massive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghnuis View Post
How are you handling CRs for Templates? Are you using the 3.5 Buyoff rules? Just incorporating them into race? Some other?
No monsters as races for Pathfinder, especially as the LA buy off relies on XP as a resource and Pathfinder very deliberately built away from that mechanic. So it is with LAs—anything not meant to played by Paizo isn't on the table.

It's not that I think it's a bad mechanic, it's that this game should be about Pathfinder, as an exploration of Pathfinder's higher power levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylus View Post
Name:
Agmar Blackstone
Race:
Aasimar (Angel-blooded)
Alignment:
Lawful Neutral
Class:
Warder 10/Noble scion 10
:
This is hard for me to say since I adore martial initiators, but Path of War and other third party stuff are off the table. As I mentioned above, I intend for this game to strictly explore Pathfinder's higher power levels. I only opened up one 3.5e mechanic for player use earlier, and that's to find some way to spend money on a fluff thing.

Last edited by chaincomplex; Sep 12th, 2022 at 11:08 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 10:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I noticed we have a lot of monastic sorts (not just monks, either, because mine is included in this). Does this game really give off the vibe it needs to have monks? And kineticists?

Last edited by Ermine; Sep 12th, 2022 at 10:54 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 10:56 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7537
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
I am certainly interested! I love the characters that can actually back up the bravado. I am going to try something just a bit out of my comfort zone. Possibly a Magus or a Bloodrager. Some melee and magic. Or perhaps I can finally play that arcane trickster.

What are your thoughts on a half ogre character?

I could go with a half orc if need be but they are so overused in my opinion.

Application WIP

Name Jack Burbon The Hammer of Irori
Race Half-Human/ Half-Ogre Custom Race
Class Warpriest 20/ Sacred Fist Archetype Hammer of God Capstone
Alignment Lawful Neutral
Party Role: Melee Close quarter fighting, Mage disruptor. Divine spells up to 6th level.

Personality Having been raised by a human monk, Jack often appears calm and indifferent. He can sometimes be quick to anger but most of the time he's not easily excited. He puts great effort into remaining calm and nonjudgmental mainly because of how most people have always reacted to him. It's so easy to let preconceptions blind us to what is just in front of us. Over the years Jack has learned to keep his emotions mostly in check. He has a strangely painful sense of humor, let's just say that pain for someone is usually involved. Pain for himself or others, Jack nearly always finds humor in the strangest of situations. Jack despises people who bully others, it's one of his few triggers. He was often bullied as a child so he knows exactly how it feels.

Description The man is in his prime and he stands nearly 7 foot 10 inches.eight foot tall. He has a powerful build and a muscular frame weighing in at About 325lbs.twenty-three stones. His skin has a green hue to it with tough scaly spots along it's mottled surface. The man has long hair tied into two neat braids as well as a long beard also neatly braided. He wears a silken headband embroidered finely with a silvery thread in swirls forming arabesque pattern. On his belt there is golden thread embroidery along the edge of a very supple leather. Tucked in his belt he wears two large very finely crafted daggers. One made of silver the other adamantine. His clothes are clean and well crafted but nothing very extravagant.

Time Travel Goals

Personal: Jack had thought about this ever since he started having those visions some five years past. They were bleak visions to say the least, apocalyptical even. In his dream, nearly everyone, plants, animals, humanoids, all were dead or dying. It was mass destruction and extinction on a global scale. It was all just too much for him. The one thing that he wanted to know was what had happened to the woman that had given him life. Why had she abandoned him at such a young age? The why part was something that he often brooded upon when his mind was not busy with other things. Yes... if Irori was to use him as a tool then he would take some liberties in the doing of the thing. If he was able, he would track her down and learn more about her if at all possible. He has always wanted to know more of the woman who gave him the name Jack. More than that he wanted to do as he was bidden by his dying Master Rubani. Reclaim the Kamawgyar Shrine, drive out the harpies cleanse the Shrine and rebuild the town. Make the roads safe again so it can thrive.

Apocalypse Avoidance: The more he prayed about it the more convinced Jack grew. Time travel was indeed the answer to this conundrum. He needed guidance so he spent hours each day in quiet meditation mulling everything over in his mind. The why was pretty clear to him but the how was still a bit fuzzy. Who or what had set all of this into motion. How could he alone go back and change it all? That was the thing, Jack was fairly certain that he was not meant to do it alone. It was like one of those wooden puzzles but he couldn't quite fit it all back together.

I have been going over classes and archetypes all weekend. I finally settled on this warpriest version of a monk.

Last edited by ricktur63; Yesterday at 10:14 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 11:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
We could probably use a bloodrager (plus bloodragers are a lot of fun).

But I doubt you can use a half-ogre, since it's 3rd party.

Last edited by Ermine; Sep 12th, 2022 at 11:04 PM.
Old Sep 13th, 2022, 12:26 AM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Sorry, I wasn't clearer.
How will you handle these types of Templates.
Old Sep 13th, 2022, 02:35 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9851
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
It's all good. Mostly just wanting to check if the character concept/general build seems okay.
Old Sep 13th, 2022, 05:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5304
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
The list of players thus far looks very diverse. Should be a interesting game
Old Sep 13th, 2022, 06:33 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
Better be diverse. We need to save existence!