PF-1e Tides of Time: A High-Level Campaign - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 19th, 2022, 11:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3723
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Thought about it again. Keep forgetting she can turn into a dragon 20 hours a day per casting (because of Mutable Flesh). So combat'll kinda be her thing.

Edit: Only once per day, but still, Form of the Exotic Dragon III for 20 hours is nice.

Last edited by Ermine; Sep 20th, 2022 at 04:36 AM.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 12:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5304
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Nice!!!

DM, I was reading about creating a magical item, so if I wanted a item created, like brooch or anklet, or what ever to transform into an Hawk?
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 12:41 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13455
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Well the spell to use would be one of the Beast Shape spells. 1-4 gets you various bonuses. To get the same flight ability as a Hawk, you'd need Beast Shape 2 or higher.
After that you'd have to figure out how exactly it works to figure out the price, assuming the GM would allow you to design a custom magic item.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 01:28 AM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8553
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghnuis
Hirakawa Toshi should be posted up tonight or tomorrow.
If a character should multiclass (eg Monk 1/Samurai 19) How close would he be to adding his 20thand final level of Samurai?

Pathfinder ends at 20 class levels, so your only option to cap off Samurai is to retrain the Monk level.

Ah... found this from Paizo
But of course, it is however you want to call it.

Last edited by Maghnuis; Sep 20th, 2022 at 06:12 PM.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 04:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpatulaOdoom View Post
Well the spell to use would be one of the Beast Shape spells. 1-4 gets you various bonuses. To get the same flight ability as a Hawk, you'd need Beast Shape 2 or higher.
After that you'd have to figure out how exactly it works to figure out the price, assuming the GM would allow you to design a custom magic item.
Hmm, ok. I got the idea from Greyhawk novels where Gord the rogue has a ring that allows him to turn into any cat, housecat to tiger. So I thought about an item to turn into birds. Something to think about anyway.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 08:02 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 347
chaincomplex chaincomplex chaincomplex chaincomplex
I've decided to close recruitment on October 15. That's about 25 days from now.

Quote:
Quick note, if you want item creation feats to give a benefit during character creation but not be huge, what you can do is just say that each item creation gives you extra gold pieces in starting money, rather than having them track the crafting. They still pay for everything at full price and it still comes out of the same pool of money, they just have a little bit more.
More elegant to just ban it if I don't want crafting, or to allow it if I can live with it. But in any case, such a ruling would require my judgment on how much gold a crafting feat is worth, which is pretty arbitrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I could switch her over to making clothes, but it doesn't fit the backstory I came up with. Plus I don't even know if I WANT to switch. I mean, Bai Ling is cool, I just don't know if she's epic enough or if she is even far enough away from pure RP to be viable in this game. Any opinions from anyone?
I'm hesitate to ever suggest a Dragon Disciple build isn't "epic enough". Maybe not as epic as a straight, optimized Sorcerer, but the Disciple has few matches in melee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconigenaArma View Post
I've had DMs use the Google Doc, which is convenient because if what you've been doing is what I think you mean it cuts down on your workload some because we move our own pieces around for you. For that same reason a lot of people use Roll20, as it cuts down on all that labor of designing elements, and also lets the players move their stuff around. PbP also lends itself to a lot of "theater of the mind" especially since, when the narration is sufficiently descriptive, a review of the last few posts refreshes the memory without the constant "Wait, the chair is where?" you get in real-time theater of the mind games at the table.
I'll take a look at Roll20, but I think I may default to Google Doc with imported tokens for a little extra fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktur63 View Post
I think my Half-Ogre race is ready for a check. I think it is very close to the 23 RP.
Looks fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Nice!!!

DM, I was reading about creating a magical item, so if I wanted a item created, like brooch or anklet, or what ever to transform into an Hawk?
I concur with SpatulaOdoom, write it up as a custom magic item per the usual rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghnuis View Post
Ah... found this from Paizo
But of course, it is however you want to call it.
If I had to consider levels past 20 I would give access to mythic ranks or reproduce D&D 3.5e's Epic system (the latter which I've no interest in doing). A small mention in the back of the Gamemastery Guide unfortunately doesn't cut it, since it leaves adjudicating most class feature advancements up to me, which is annoying.

Old Sep 21st, 2022, 12:20 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 592
AmieGamer AmieGamer AmieGamer AmieGamer AmieGamer AmieGamer
I have a random house-rules-ish question. I realized, partway through plotting out a build progression, that my playgroup has been doing something funny with a couple classes and I never paid close enough attention to notice. The real skald class gets Scribe Scroll as a level 1 bonus feat. Our skalds (not that there have been just lots of skalds...) have always gotten Extra Performance as a bonus feat instead. It turns out that's the way Pathfinder Society implemented the class since they didn't ever allow player crafting. I never played under the Society rules, but our main Pathfinder GM did and just... ran a bunch of stuff with the Society changes.

I'm fairly certain I can make this work even the way it is in the actual book, but figured it literally cannot hurt to ask whether you'd be keen on allowing that as an option, sort of like a one-feature mini-archetype?
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 01:18 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
So I'm working on the character. I settled on good ole wizard... Ooof. Creating a 20th level character is a lot of work.
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 03:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
It's a lot less work when you have fewer spells. ^~^ Like...I have one 8th level spell known, for example. And it was an easy pick since that was part of her background.
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 03:29 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
880,000 gp... Might just KISS and go with the obvious basics.
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 09:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
So I'm realizing I may be the Face and Melee of the group. I don't remember seeing either of those. Which is fine, since I'll be good at them in any form.

On that note, redid skills, added in claws+bite and breath weapon, and noted my damage resistance from Amorphous Anatomy. Also left the descriptions of Amorphous Anatomy and Dragonheart in the notes.

Unsure if Leadership fits this character, but I AM considering it, since her Charisma is so high. Bodyguard for her station plus a network of spies?

Edit: I see there's some melee at least other than me.

Edit 2: Main thing holding me back from Leadership is the fact I'd have to make a 17th level cohort.

Last edited by Ermine; Sep 21st, 2022 at 09:24 AM.
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 10:34 AM
Lanthanoid

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32629
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Quote:
880,000 gp... Might just KISS and go with the obvious basics.
I ended up buying some 180k gp goggles of true seeing (or whatever they're called) solely because I had that much money left when I was done shopping. I've still got 32k I don't know what to do with and might just write most of it off.
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 10:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I did the same thing! Same goggles!
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 03:32 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1265
NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact
chaincomplex, I apologize, but I have to drop my application.

Things are such that I could not even restart working on it.

Loved the idea of your game and hope you all have a lot of fun.

See you!
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 05:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
880,000gps.. I have a bit over 170,000 left I think. Been going through the book and see not only what my character can use, but what he would use. Since my character is multiclassed, I would go, "Ok, what would he need and use as this class?" Then I do the same with the other class. Oh, I doubt you can do this, but wouldn't hurt to ask. I know you can make a weapon adamantine and magical, but, can you make a weapon that already has special properties, adamantine?

By the way, my character can scout, deal with traps, as well as fight. So he would be helpful.

Last edited by Seekr34; Sep 21st, 2022 at 05:38 PM.