RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 19th, 2022, 11:53 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2071
Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70
Character Creation: WiP
Ability Scores:
Str: -18. Dex: +317. Con: +214. Int: +215. Wis: 10. Cha: 10
Name: Arnys
Background: Criminal
Class: Treasure Hunter
Alert, Lucky Feats:
Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth Skills:
Crowbar, 2 Daggers, 2 Pouches, Thieves Tools, Travellers Clothes, 16GP Gear:
Description/Personality: Arnys is one of lives optimists. He has yet to encounter a situation he couldn't talk, sing or otherwise squirm his way out of. He puts much of this down to a sort of itch he gets, just in the small of his back. Used to be he thought that was just lice, or fleas, or whatever those who worked in the nighthouses down by the docks kept complaining about. But as he grew and, more importantly survived where those around him without the itch did not, he worked it out. Cause he was clever too!

He remains unsure how this had now landed him in the Blackguard. It didn't initially seem like a positive move. Still, sometimes these things take a while to settle and he sure was enjoying all the new people he was getting to meet. Most of them anyway.
History (will get some rolls in)

Application paused

Last edited by Talissen70; Sep 21st, 2022 at 07:26 AM.
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 12:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9246
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
My class allows a greatbow, what is the damsge and such for a greatbow or do I just use longbow?
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 12:30 PM
Shakiest Gun in the Verse

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14669
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Looks like my scholar, who was one of a kind when I chose him, has a wee bit of (excellent) competition. I think I'm going to bow out of this one. Wasn't keen on playing a scholar anyway and would hate to take the place of someone who really did. I may come up with something I want to play later, but for now, good luck all.
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 02:46 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18501
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Great Bow is synonymous for long bow. I have removed all references to great bows and now refer to them as long bows.

@kenneth Understood. Thanks for your interest, and I hope something else strikes your fancy.

@Everyone I should also mention that I am fine with everyone rolling a 2nd lifepath, if you want, and taking whichever one you prefer.
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 03:59 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25402
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
@Everyone I should also mention that I am fine with everyone rolling a 2nd lifepath, if you want, and taking whichever one you prefer.
Awesome, thanks SR! Though I'm pretty happy with my lifepath (and put wayyyy too much time into turning it into a story), but it's still a nice option.

I assumed that "leather corset" was just "leather armor" and that the same rules apply to weapons, like short swords are finesse weapons, correct?

Aside from minor story tweaks, Meriel is ready for review, if you're offering feedback.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Sep 19th, 2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 04:12 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 686
Damionovich Damionovich Damionovich Damionovich Damionovich Damionovich
Thank You SR. The only thing I didn't care for was my crime.... Extortion a life sentence? Kind of excessive. Pirate, Murderer, Traitor, Assassin, etc. fine... but extortion?.

I'll roll again just to see if I can make a more interesting story though.

By the way, What is the 'TRADITION' skill?

Last edited by Damionovich; Sep 19th, 2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Actually, the leather corslet would be equivalent to studded leather. I have now changed all those to reflect the standard armor names as found in the core rules, so that should avoid any more confusion.

The only weapon and armor that would be considered new that I am keeping are the great shield (provides +4 AC, but imposes disadvantages) and the broadsword (replacing and mechanically the same as the rapier).

Tradition was a new skill that was added, which I am not using. It has been removed.

Last edited by Silent Rain; Sep 19th, 2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 04:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Zintia Dorlm
right-aligned image

Name :Zintia Dorlm
Background: Sailor
Class: Slayer
Description/Personality: Calm like the sea, but ruthless like a tornado. Obedient to the need of those around her, but anarchic again those who take advantage against the defenceless.
SHe dont like to wear weapon, "It brings troubles" she like to said... She prefer use what is on her reach... if necessary.

Resume
Zintia Dorlm, Come from a big family of eleven Sibling, mostly passive and good spirit in the heart of this home sweet home house. But outside their farming land, it’s another story. Nearly half of the child was missing of savagely dismember by the Savage tribe just on the other side of the river… it is for year that they have hostility with that tribe… but let see how Zintia growth older cultivating her dormant volcano personality.

History (based on lifepath) :
Her two parents was loving, the best they can, sharing the few times they can give to each childs. Sadly, Zintia was the less lovable and the most anarchist of them all.

She was born under the sign of the wild, in the wood, her mother was alone and have to walk a few hours with her baby in her arm. Both Blooded successfully arrive at the shack to be taking care by their sibling.
Their farm was near at the edge of the village territory border by the red river, call by the color of the sand.
With Year, Zintia was always ask to help her brother and sister in their duty and she was doing a great job due to her physical aptitude. Farming, herding, gathering, lumberjacking, hunting. But when it was time to speak her mind, it was never well received by her peer. That lead many times to a runaway for a few days in the wild. During that time, she goes to the harbor and exchange food for muscle. That's where she discover her love for the sea… Calm and no question ask.

After being gone for month, she returns to learn that the savage tribe on the other side of the river have made some raid … and since then 2 older brothers was missing and 3 older sister was permanently wounded. Zintia understand at this particular moment her role in that pacific poor family of farmer, trader, and academics role in the village.
She take some tool of her father for weapon ang go straight to pass to the other side of the river to hunt them down. That was a foolish move, but she has to do it.
The tribe was essentially compose of hunter and know the game. She was Strong, but not enough and quickly been capture and keep in a cage for days. Been poke like an animal that has the rage … like if they want to remove her of all her will to fight. In Fact, they were waiting for the solstice, the shaman was busy to prepare some ingredients for the rite of passage of the new brave one … for their coming of age… She finally falls exhaust and when she wakes up, they have burn under her skin some tattoo on her now bloodied shoulder

During the night, something goes wrong. Mother Nature wasn’t on the tribe side … and a tropical tornado lead by lightning storm explode a tree beside the Shaman lair and that anomalie put fire over the surrounding hut. The wooden cage of Zintia was too close and put on fire too… burning the rope that keep it together. All this trib's bad luck permit Zintia to escape, but everyone was running, here and there, trying to shut the fire off. Vapor of the multiple strange powder accidently mixte togheter coming from the Burning shaman's lair was spread in the air and, with the wind, rapidly infuse all the tribe with some strange effect, different to one and other. Some fells knockdown, others run amok in a random direction, while other remove their skin with their nail. Here, one eats alive his peer. For Zintia the effect pushes her in a Killing rage, with eye bleeding, she was grabbing everything that was in her reach and slew everything she can. In the end, she was heavily wounded, burn and barely alive, but was able the walk with difficulty toward the river border. Since that day, Her eyes lose all coloration and become white, an begin to have some strange connection with beast... more that she never have with any humans.

She wakes up few days later in her bed at her home, but instead of being grateful, her father ground her and condemn her act of foolishness.
"Zintia, You are really a problem in these land, you put our family in disgrace toward the Red Sand tribe, we having a pact with them … And now I have to … well you will understand one days … and maybe forgive me"

"If you made a pack with these scum... !?! They never respect it"

"Whatever" then they put her to unconsciousness.

She wake up in an other Ship, cage again. She was navigating for how many times, hard for her to tell. But for what can be heard here and there, she was sold to pay the price of the rest of her family freedom. She had to signs a pact that she will never come back to those land again, and she will make an oath for the rest of her life to execute the order of her new patron.

During her sailing, one night, when she was drunk in a tavern, a poor priest was bullies by another drinker. Zintia, broke a bottle behind the head of the brute. A fight starts with his pals, but end quickly when she grabs a chair and knock them all down. The Priest was grateful and tell her that one days, he will repay his debt toward her.

She was now going to sleep for a good night before return to her duty …
" …Come on girl, tomorrow is the first days of the rest of your life … make it Beautiful or Bloody"

stat info

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zintia Dorlm small.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	97159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zintia Dorlm.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	97160  

Last edited by KhamLuc; Sep 21st, 2022 at 10:07 AM.
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 04:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9246
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
So a broadsword is basically a rapier does that mean it has finesse quality would prefer to use finesse since my char is not overly strong and is going to be more archery based?
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 06:49 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, broadswords have the finesse property.
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 07:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1361
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
I assumed that "leather corset" was just "leather armor" and that the same rules apply to weapons, like short swords are finesse weapons, correct?
I'm hoping that my leather jerkin is equivalent to full plate
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 08:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Hmm, mine is identical to another almost to a tee, might reroll everything. Let me mull on it.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 03:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3508
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
WIP

right-aligned image
Name: Sayers
Background: Criminal
Class: Treasure Hunter
Lifepath Summary: 6 siblings (1 hostile, 5 friendly) who were born in a Sage's lab and abandoned by parents. Grew up in an orphanage, but wealthy with a normal childhood. Now 20-30, met someone important and made friends with an adventurer. Became a criminal because bored, and a treasure Hunter because bigger kids showed me how.

Now to turn that into a story...

Backstory: There were 7. 7 children born in a laboratory as an experiment in the artificial creation of life. Each one ever asking the question "Am I human?"

There was a mother and a father, but they held no responsibility for the children. They may not even know of their existence, for the safe who created them kept them as slaves. He created, them and he would damn well do with them as he pleased. "Does the artificer not do the same with his mechanical creations?" Was his reasoning.
He was a horrid man. Absuing the children day and night. Beatings, degradation, rape. He constantly reminded them of their creation, and lack of birth. Yet, the children knew humanity from each other. They grew with a love that siblings do, and they peaked outside and learnt of the world as it should be, full of love, kindness, freedom.

But the children lived in fear of the sage. But fear leads to hate, and hate breads dark thoughts. One night in the kitchen, the sage came after the eldest had prepared a less than satisfying meal and savagely beat the child. A middle child eye's flared with rage, dark hate filed rage. He took a cleaver and severed the sage's hand. The child pounced on the sage. The man was twice his size, but the adrenalin rush gave the child overwhelming strength. Cut and after cut, the child did not stop. He could not. All control had gone.

7 children ran from the house, taking with them all that they could carry. Into a world that they had never known.

The walked and walked. Getting as far away from the scene of the crime as possible. Days they traveled, until their money ran dry and their rags wore through. Yet luck would have it that they were found by the matron of a orphange where they stayed for a time until some of the children were of age to work. It was at the orphanage that they named themselves, never previously being allowed to have an identity for feel human. Trace, Jorge, Sayer, Wendelin, Katrine, Noni, Kel.
It would seem that their dark past would be a catalyst for the eldest, Trace, who became quite the bard. Earning enough for the family to move into their own place.

But the strain of murder laid heavily on the middle child, Sayer. He had saved his family from tournament, he had done what was necessary, but he no longer found joy in anything. It was as if a black smear had be wiped across his heart and he was now rotting from the inside.

At 20 his path went darker. With no light in his life he turned to crime to try and spark any kind of feeling. Mugging, robbery...it still brought no joy.

"Well son. Looks like you've got quite the history. See, we've check your finger print against those we've found at other breakings in and we'll, you've been a busy boy ain't ya? 104 counts of breaking and entering, 32 counts of highway robbery, 17 bar brawls...oh and what's this? 1 counts of murder. Oh, son...tell me, you ever heard of the Blackguard?

Description: Tall, dark and handsome, Sayer is indeed classically well built...or crafted , as the sage would put it. He would do (has done) anything for family, and will take on a heavy burden even if he doesn't have the strength , mental or emotional capacity to deal with it.

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Sep 25th, 2022 at 07:33 PM.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 12:12 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24634
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
I mean, I'm interested. But it's kind of hard to imagine a level 1 character realistically having accomplished *anything* in their life that would warrent a death sentence. Any chance of bumping that level up a bit?
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 01:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
Two middle-child redheads, ostracized as children and about as out of place in the Blackguard as a poodle driving a monster truck? (What, they can't reach the pedals.) Sounds like the stuff of legends!
Why not a Triplet or Rusty head ...with Zintia, those who's not acclaim your show, win a slap behind the head lol

@Silent Rain Char Zintia finish by the way

Last edited by KhamLuc; Sep 20th, 2022 at 01:26 PM.