OOC The Safehouse - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 03:30 PM
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2021
RPXP: 993
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Posts: 2,118
I read through the manual again. It looks like what I'd want to do is the Get Away move.

I'd roll 2 d6 dice, and add +2 for my grace. Should I roll here, or in a spoiler in the game thread?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 04:33 PM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 8th, 2021
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 6,982
Get Away would be appropriate, yes! You're getting somewhere out of reach or out of sight, and all of the results of that move would be very appropriate for your current situation. I'd prefer if you rolled in the game thread, since that'll keep it all contained; I'll even repeat most of this message there, for posterity's sake.
__________________
Want to talk? You can usually find me on the Unofficial RPGCrossing Discord Server.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 05:31 PM
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2021
RPXP: 993
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Posts: 2,118
Ah, okay. I decided to give Bau waterbreathing for my turn, though. I guess Get Away will be my next turn! Or who knows. I might have a dreadpup tongue all over Zephra trying to nom her.

By the way, would I be able to add one thing about the dreadhounds here? They can be trained to just hunt down and subdue. Or also a command to attack/kill. It's possible that the dreadhounds chasing us will not actively try to eat us alive if we just.. like.. give up, so to speak. But I don't think we want to do that yet, and there's also a possibility that this pup hasn't been fully trained.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 06:54 PM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 8th, 2021
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 6,982
You can do both! We're less bound by the rules of combat rounds and the like here. Just a quick water breathing peck on the cheek, and then off you run-climb to freedom!

And that does sound like a reasonable inclusion for the Dreadhounds. I left their intent a little vague so that we could workshop it if we wanted to.
__________________
Want to talk? You can usually find me on the Unofficial RPGCrossing Discord Server.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 07:09 PM
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2021
RPXP: 993
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Posts: 2,118
I have also noticed the bond moves, in particular, The bonds that bind us. It does not appear to be something that is exhausted when utilized.

I am wondering if we are all deciding to climb down these vines, is this something we can do to all roll with Hope? Or, perhaps, not quite, since we would not literally be "side by side".

Anyway, I'm new to this so just want to know if that will work or not before I make the rolls.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 02:28 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 8th, 2021
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 6,982
If everyone's moving alongside each other and trying to work together with the climbing, then yeah, The Bonds That Bind Us would be appropriate. But at the same time, we've also got to keep in mind The Bonds That Break Us; you can't work together very well if you don't trust each other! Thankfully, in your situation, you've all got shared bonds, so it'll be a cinch.

I'll give Strangemund a chance to post, so that they can declare they're working side by side if they feel like it. At the very least, it looks like Hoyo and Zehpra will be able to make it across easily. Then I'll make my cut(s).
__________________
Want to talk? You can usually find me on the Unofficial RPGCrossing Discord Server.

Last edited by Muggins; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 02:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:57 AM
Strangemund's Avatar
Strangemund Strangemund is offline
An Unimaginable Horror
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2021
RPXP: 3390
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Posts: 1,011
I'm working on my post today!! I have to say I am incredibly touched that Hoyo and Zephra are already absolutely gung-ho about helping Bau the best they can. Those absolute sweethearts are melting my heart! ;w; Now I just have to hope my streak of rolling poorly on RPGX doesn't continue here!

I am going to attempt to Get Away with the rest of the crew by climbing the vines, and I imagine that's the same roll as before. 2d6 with my Grace of...oh. Oh. 2d6 - 1 it is then. XD
__________________
Status: Back to Business as Usual!
DMing: And the Devil Dances Beneath a Mosaic Sky
Characters: Thunder in the Morning - Harp Strum - Captain Tavosh - Bau - Sigrun Storm-Eater
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 03:51 PM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 8th, 2021
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 6,982
You can certainly choose to Get Away on your own, yes! At the moment everyone is in the spotlight, so you're all acting simultaneously. If you do have some way in mind for Bau to help Zephra get across, or vice-versa, that'd be worth mentioning so that we know whether or not to apply The Bonds That Bind Us in either situation.
__________________
Want to talk? You can usually find me on the Unofficial RPGCrossing Discord Server.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 04:25 PM
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2021
RPXP: 993
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Posts: 2,118
I think Zephra could be looking for the best ways to climb down (especially for Bau) as she's doing it. Meanwhile, Bau would be so big that should Zephra slip, I think he could extend a hand, or at least she grabs onto a part of him?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 08:18 PM
Strangemund's Avatar
Strangemund Strangemund is offline
An Unimaginable Horror
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2021
RPXP: 3390
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Posts: 1,011
Post is up! Let me know if it was alright, guys! I made Bau a bit blushy with the kiss, because he is a soft lad, but I can change it if it's a problem~! I also took your suggestion, DNP, and went with his tail for the easy-to-grab part in case we get thrown a curveball! I hope it is good enough for The Bonds That Bind Us!

With all that said, I had a lot of fun writing that post! I can already tell Bau is going to admire the hell out of Zephra and Hoyo. They are crazy brave, unlike him, who would definitely cry for a good hour if he so much as stomped over a flower. XD

EDIT: OH! And if a translation is needed for Bau's accent, lemme know. I'll just TT his dialogue.
__________________
Status: Back to Business as Usual!
DMing: And the Devil Dances Beneath a Mosaic Sky
Characters: Thunder in the Morning - Harp Strum - Captain Tavosh - Bau - Sigrun Storm-Eater

Last edited by Strangemund; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 08:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 10:39 AM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 8th, 2021
RPXP: 9230
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins View Post
You can certainly choose to Get Away on your own, yes! At the moment everyone is in the spotlight, so you're all acting simultaneously. If you do have some way in mind for Bau to help Zephra get across, or vice-versa, that'd be worth mentioning so that we know whether or not to apply The Bonds That Bind Us in either situation.
So this means I should post next with a Get Away action as well?
__________________
Dissertation crunch time until 6/1. Still want to be here. Still will be active. Your patience and forgiveness appreciated!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 8th, 2021
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 6,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalarangreen View Post
So this means I should post next with a Get Away action as well?
Nope, you're fine! Like you said, Hoyo is a Walker, so she can easily scale this obstacle. She's actually the most likely person to be able to help both Zephra and Bau get across! I can make a note of such in my post, if you like.
__________________
Want to talk? You can usually find me on the Unofficial RPGCrossing Discord Server.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 09:21 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 8th, 2021
RPXP: 9230
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,858
Sure, that would be great!

My character seems pretty cool, but sometimes not sure how the mechanically things ought to play out. :P
__________________
Dissertation crunch time until 6/1. Still want to be here. Still will be active. Your patience and forgiveness appreciated!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB