RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 1st, 2021, 03:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 993
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
I read through the manual again. It looks like what I'd want to do is the Get Away move.

I'd roll 2 d6 dice, and add +2 for my grace. Should I roll here, or in a spoiler in the game thread?
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 04:33 PM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Get Away would be appropriate, yes! You're getting somewhere out of reach or out of sight, and all of the results of that move would be very appropriate for your current situation. I'd prefer if you rolled in the game thread, since that'll keep it all contained; I'll even repeat most of this message there, for posterity's sake.
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 05:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Ah, okay. I decided to give Bau waterbreathing for my turn, though. I guess Get Away will be my next turn! Or who knows. I might have a dreadpup tongue all over Zephra trying to nom her.

By the way, would I be able to add one thing about the dreadhounds here? They can be trained to just hunt down and subdue. Or also a command to attack/kill. It's possible that the dreadhounds chasing us will not actively try to eat us alive if we just.. like.. give up, so to speak. But I don't think we want to do that yet, and there's also a possibility that this pup hasn't been fully trained.
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 06:54 PM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
You can do both! We're less bound by the rules of combat rounds and the like here. Just a quick water breathing peck on the cheek, and then off you run-climb to freedom!

And that does sound like a reasonable inclusion for the Dreadhounds. I left their intent a little vague so that we could workshop it if we wanted to.
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 07:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I have also noticed the bond moves, in particular, The bonds that bind us. It does not appear to be something that is exhausted when utilized.

I am wondering if we are all deciding to climb down these vines, is this something we can do to all roll with Hope? Or, perhaps, not quite, since we would not literally be "side by side".

Anyway, I'm new to this so just want to know if that will work or not before I make the rolls.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 02:28 AM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
If everyone's moving alongside each other and trying to work together with the climbing, then yeah, The Bonds That Bind Us would be appropriate. But at the same time, we've also got to keep in mind The Bonds That Break Us; you can't work together very well if you don't trust each other! Thankfully, in your situation, you've all got shared bonds, so it'll be a cinch.

I'll give Strangemund a chance to post, so that they can declare they're working side by side if they feel like it. At the very least, it looks like Hoyo and Zehpra will be able to make it across easily. Then I'll make my cut(s).

Last edited by Muggins; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 02:32 AM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:57 AM
An Unimaginable Horror

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3390
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
I'm working on my post today!! I have to say I am incredibly touched that Hoyo and Zephra are already absolutely gung-ho about helping Bau the best they can. Those absolute sweethearts are melting my heart! ;w; Now I just have to hope my streak of rolling poorly on RPGX doesn't continue here!

I am going to attempt to Get Away with the rest of the crew by climbing the vines, and I imagine that's the same roll as before. 2d6 with my Grace of...oh. Oh. 2d6 - 1 it is then. XD
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 03:51 PM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
You can certainly choose to Get Away on your own, yes! At the moment everyone is in the spotlight, so you're all acting simultaneously. If you do have some way in mind for Bau to help Zephra get across, or vice-versa, that'd be worth mentioning so that we know whether or not to apply The Bonds That Bind Us in either situation.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 04:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I think Zephra could be looking for the best ways to climb down (especially for Bau) as she's doing it. Meanwhile, Bau would be so big that should Zephra slip, I think he could extend a hand, or at least she grabs onto a part of him?
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 08:18 PM
An Unimaginable Horror

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3390
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Post is up! Let me know if it was alright, guys! I made Bau a bit blushy with the kiss, because he is a soft lad, but I can change it if it's a problem~! I also took your suggestion, DNP, and went with his tail for the easy-to-grab part in case we get thrown a curveball! I hope it is good enough for The Bonds That Bind Us!

With all that said, I had a lot of fun writing that post! I can already tell Bau is going to admire the hell out of Zephra and Hoyo. They are crazy brave, unlike him, who would definitely cry for a good hour if he so much as stomped over a flower. XD

EDIT: OH! And if a translation is needed for Bau's accent, lemme know. I'll just TT his dialogue.

Last edited by Strangemund; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 08:21 PM.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 10:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9230
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins View Post
You can certainly choose to Get Away on your own, yes! At the moment everyone is in the spotlight, so you're all acting simultaneously. If you do have some way in mind for Bau to help Zephra get across, or vice-versa, that'd be worth mentioning so that we know whether or not to apply The Bonds That Bind Us in either situation.
So this means I should post next with a Get Away action as well?
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalarangreen View Post
So this means I should post next with a Get Away action as well?
Nope, you're fine! Like you said, Hoyo is a Walker, so she can easily scale this obstacle. She's actually the most likely person to be able to help both Zephra and Bau get across! I can make a note of such in my post, if you like.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 09:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9230
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Sure, that would be great!

My character seems pretty cool, but sometimes not sure how the mechanically things ought to play out. :P