Private Stiletto Strike - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Starcraft: Void Runners > Game Threads
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Stiletto Strike

Chau Sara retained a red glow as you watched her from the bridge of the General Lee. Three weeks ago you were released from prison on your home planet. A man calling himself Tamsen Cauley is responsible for this. You were hired into the War Pigs, a new Confederate program. You remember Tamsen's words as he spoke to your Sergeant. Ultimately, you and your men are all expendable. You must know that. I mean, why else recruit from the prison herd? The War Pigs program is all about meat. Recycled meat.

You were shipped to the Sara System as a medic. The high-ups in the Confederacy decided not to use the War Pigs on Chau Sara, but you were called in to fight on Mar Sara. The Hyperion has been detected by a scanner sweep. Mengsk may very well be planet side. Kill him. Three dropships of War Pigs were to move in behind the unprepared Sons of Korhal force. Stiletto strike, no fallback position--the usual raw deal. However, hell got in the way. Large alien ships besieged Chau Sara and the War Pigs were sent to fight them off. Wraiths chased the alien spacecraft and even fired on a couple Sons of Korhal dropships. As your squad entered Mar Sara's atmosphere, you discovered one of the dropships was shot down. The two remaining War Pig transports landed in the Mar Saran wastes and left you. With 14 marines and one other medic, the War Pig squad pushed forward.

The encounter with the Sons of Korhal was a success, but for your squad, it was a disaster. Four marines and a bunker were guarding a supply depot. They were eliminated with only three casualties and the supply depot was destroyed. However, the siege tank on the ridge made short work of the War Pigs. With only four marines surviving, the siege tank was destroyed. With no further orders to fulfill, you pushed on. Seeking refuge in a cave, the five of you set up camp. You currently reside here.

One of the marines is badly injured. You know he is paralyzed. The other three left this morning and haven't returned. You are unsure of their fate. As for the paralyzed marine; his life hangs in your hands, but you know he will slow you down should you hope to escape this place.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 08-10-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 724
Renrik Renrik Renrik Renrik Renrik Renrik Renrik
Zev can't leave his only ally to die. And he's a medic, it's his job to take care of the wounded. So he does his best to hide their position and administers some repairitive nanites directly into the marine's spinal column.
Thoughts are pure entities chained down, limited, and sullied by our harsh and inflexible language. Either you chain down your thoughts with words and limit their splendor, or you watch them drift away in awe.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
The marine grows in pain. The nanites can only do so much and you're sure this soldier will need surgery. Doc? Where are the others? The man mutters behind his teeth. Are they dead? Am I going to die?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:29 AM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
Zev lowers his visor to make his voice sound more natural and less metallic. As it is unlikely that any enemy patrols are passing by the mouth of the cave he does not attempt to hide his voice. Dead or gone. They stupid to leave without me. We all gon' die, yes sir. But for you? Not today, I think. Try to relax and get some rest, I'll be right back. Zev steps out of the cave into the hostile battlefield, he is comforted a moment later when his visor shuts him in with a swift swish as he toggles a key. He looks for any form of transportation or facility where a surgery would be possible.
Thoughts are pure entities chained down, limited, and sullied by our harsh and inflexible language. Either you chain down your thoughts with words and limit their splendor, or you watch them drift away in awe.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Smoke drifts from scorched craters in the red dirt and the ruined remains of spacecraft, tanks, and power armor dot the battlefield. The night sky is thick with smoke, causing the moon to only appear in a thin haze. The only signs of life are a large bird picking the flesh off a fallen marine, and six live marines. They search through the rubble for gear and survivors. From here, you can barely tell that they are wearing blue power armor. The armor of the Mar Sara Colonial Militia.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
Being a mercenary Zev has little to show his affiliation in the first place, but he shrugs off what little indication of allegiance he has and approaches the soldiers openly. White armor making him a mystery. He holds up his medic symbol and turns on his glow lamp as well as switching his light launcher onto high beam search mode. Have you found any survivors?
Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
The men observe you curiously. None er...Private. Where did you come from? Shouldn't you be at Backwater Station with the other Confederates? The other men continue to scavenge the battlefield.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
Our patrol caught the hammer. 's only two of us left. What's at Backwater? Zev hadn't much intelligence, the meat for the slaughter only needed their need to knows and their need to knows consisted mostly of the meat grinder.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Only two? The marine looks to one of the other men and then behind you. Backwater is where the Confederates of this area are rallying. I don't know much else but uh... We can give you a ride up there. He gestures to a jeep parked not too far away.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
I'll be back with me buddy in a moment. Much thanks. Zev does a quick jog back across the field of carnage. He comes to the cave and quickly brushes away what camouflage he had found to cover it's mouth. How you been holdin' up? I found us some help. You see? I told you I'd only be gone a moment.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
The soldier's face crosses into an expression of relief. Thats great, doc. Lets get out of here. He struggles a bit as he fails to stand. The Mar Saran brings the jeep over to the mouth of the cave and pushes some bags off the back seat. You boys ready?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, we be more then ready. Zev grunts as he hauls the wounded marine into his arms, straining even through the mechanically actualized enhancement unit. He sets the marine in the back and then hops in himself, immediately applying some more pain killers before the jeep sets out.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
The marine drives the jeep slowly over the rocky shattered ground. Bodies and wreckage make for a bumpy ride. The night air is cool as the jeep picks up speed on a road. In a short time you see lights in the distance. The jeep drives up to the gates of Backwater Station. A man walks over to the jeep and looks inside with a flashlight. He stops on you. Ya know... Alpha Squadron just packed up 'n left this afternoon. The militia is all you'll find here. Cept at the command center. He spits some brown fluid on the dirt and stares at you for a moment longer before returning to his post.

The jeep continues further in before stopping near a barracks. You're welcome to take a bunk for the night. The Mar Saran marine says as he helps you with your injured companion.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Grampy Bone

Tools
User Statistics
Could you take us to the medical facilities? Zev checks his fellow marine's vitals.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Indeed. The medical center is located inside the barracks. The man shows you inside. Your patient's vital appear stable.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 08-18-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Closed Thread