Game Thread Rebel Yell - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Starcraft: Void Runners > Game Threads
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Rebel Yell

CatelynIt is November 14, 2499. You awaken to a dark morning. Mar Sara eclipses the sun over Chau Sara today. After sleeping through sporadic gunfire last night, you look out the window to see if you can get a glimpse of the conflict. It’s too dark. Your apartment is situated at the edge of Los Andares, looking out over miles of empty barrens. As usual, you get on your computer to check all your systems. As soon as you sit down a message pops up on your computer. Wraith. Check this feed. –Titan. You find it strange that this "Titan" is using your old name. A video begins playing. You see Confederate marines standing around a white dropship outside of Los Andares. Ground lights illuminate a landing platform. Then you see Gabriel Teers. You realize you’re looking through a helmet camera. Someone speaks, Alright soldier, the…

Saipo…job today is gonna be simple. This man here is supposed to be sent to Dr. Rine. Scientists say they can use him.The man speaks with a sort of a drawl. Alls you gotta do is make sure he gets there safe. Oh and… Hey, what in the hell? Cut that out over there… Anyway, just get him there. The marine gives a salute and looks at you as his superior walks away to check on the disturbance. This one over here, son. the marine says as he leads you towards the Confederate flagged transport. Some shouting can be heard…

YvesI don’t care if he’s been resocialized. He’s a murderer and I don’t want to teach him to fly. Teers complains to the general. They say he’s gotta knack for it though, Gabriel. Saw it when they panned him. Teers stays silent for a moment, looks over to you. You stand silently but you can hear everything they’re saying despite the fact that they talk about you as if you weren’t there. I’ll give him a chance. Teers mutters to himself as he continues to stare at you. He leads you aboard into the copilot seat. You know some flying already I hear, yeah? Also inside the dropship are two fully armored marines and an Asian man with glasses sitting between them. You assist Gabriel with flying the dropship and even fly it yourself for periods of time as you cruise over the Saran waste towards a small mountain. About half an hour through the journey, you see some figures on the ground but its too dark to make anything out. You pass over head and suddenly the dropship is rocked by an explosion on the left. As you clearly hear the engine failing Teers looks out the window and says calmly, That ain’t good. The transport spins uncontrollably to the ground…

Mark & SheiNice shot Angelo! Alright move up, the impact didn’t look too bad. There are probably survivors. Lt. Cook gestures her squad forward. Jackson, you take point. McHamon, you cover him. Alabaster and Berns, I want you to stay back here. Jackson crouches and advances on the smoking transport, his gun light sweeps the hull. A marine crawls out of the hatch, his helmet is smashed and he raises his pistol towards you. Jackson releases a burst of gunfire, relieving the marine of his life. His head hangs from the rubble, his power armor is in ruins. Whoa! It’s me, Gabriel! Watch it! Jackson turns and looks back at the lieutenant. She lowers her weapon and watches as Teers comes out from behind the dropship, accompanied by another man. Teers goes over to talk with Cook as the other man pulls a third man out of the ship. What the hell are you doing out here, Gabriel? The ragtag team of unarmored rebels reassembles and stands around the three Confederates. Cook looks up, Mark, Shei, take care of those two. She walks out of earshot with the pilot.

You are glad for another victory against the Confederates, but you are unsure why Cook is consorting with them instead of killing them or taking them prisoner. However, you hold her in high regard and dare not disobey.

You wonder why these rebels are consorting with Teers and more importantly why they haven't killed you yet. Part of you wants to pull out that sidearm and kill one or two of them, but you know you'll die before you get to three. You decide survival is a better option.

You are also curious about the rebels, but more curious as to why you were taken from your home by the Confederates and made to fly to some place you heard people calling the Flannum Installation. Your two guards are now dead. Thankfully the copilot pulled you out of the destroyed transport.

As you continue to watch these events through the camera of the now dead marine’s helmet, your door bursts open and several Confederate marines are now in your own home, training rifles at you. Catelyn Munro? We’ve got orders to take you with us.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 06-09-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Nearly tumbling out of her chair and onto the floor, Catelyn jerks around and sticks her hands in the air as she takes in the array of muzzles pointed in her direction.

"I... ahhh. Ummm," she says eloquently, then remembers to close her mouth and take a breath.

"Sure? Just let me disconnect."

Cautiously moving her hands towards the base of her skull, she intends to unfasten the cortical connection.

"Can I grab a coat?", she asks nervously.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 AM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
I hate eclipse days. Yves LaRoche would rather feel the warmth of the Saran sun on his bronzed skin, but today just doesn't seem to be his day. The blond-haired youth sits calmly in the copilot's chair, displaying the same imperturbable exterior that he had shown when introduced to Gabriel Teers. Yves had won a small measure of grudging respect from the pilot trainer with his quick and sure calibrations and flight adjustments, and Teers was now allowing the pilot-in-training to fly the dropship solo for a stretch.

Even with the viewscreen of the dropship's cockpit turned up to compensate for the lack of true sunlight, Yves cannot make out the details of the small group on the ground below. What are they doing way out here? The thought is interrupted by an explosion along the port side of the small aircraft.

Ground-to-air. Teers confirms his pilot-in-training's suspicion: engine failure. That probably took out the nav system and comm array too. Yves' mind is dispassionately estimating the damage while his hands race along the controls, attempting to bring the spiraling craft down along a ... somewhat more gentle trajectory.

The landing crash is jarring, but Yves ignores the pounding in his head that might be a concussion and runs a quick diagnostic of the dropship:

Diagnostic

Thank god the landing systems were still functioning. While they won't be able to get airborne again, at least it seems the craft will not be a hazard to its occupants...at least for the time being. As if to punctuate the thought, the sharp report of gunfire rings out from the starboard hatch, and Yves hears the dull thud of a power suit falling to the neosteel plating of the deck. The pilot-in-training slaps himself on the chest to release the flight harness and moves towards the stern, drawing his standard-issue Falcon .45 from its hip holster as he follows Teers.

"Grab the cargo," directs the pilot, nodding in the direction of the Oriental-looking man who is pinned under the weight of his former guard's power suit. Yves crosses to the man, noting the smoking hole in the hull and the blast damage scoring the suit. The stillness of the marine - as well as the blood splattered across the interior of the suit's visor - indicate that he had taken the brunt of the blast. The cargo, however, seems largely undamaged, as his guard's oversized suit had shielded him from the explosion.

"Give me a hand," Yves grunts, and with the other man's aid, they manage to slide the heavy power suit off of the man and onto the deck. The black-haired man rises slowly on unsteady legs. "Can you walk?" When the slight man nods in affirmation, Yves crosses past the body of the second marine and jumps down from the open hatch, checking his surroundings as he lands catlike despite the weight of his flight suit and helmet.

Five, no, six - maybe more. Unarmored, but armed. The calculation occurs as the information from Yves' retinas reaches his brain. Too many to take on alone. Another sight registers in his vision, but takes a split second longer to be translated into intelligible information, as its sheer unlikelihood causes him to double-check. Teers, walking side-by-side with the commander of these rebels. What is going on here?

Yves turns and helps the bespectacled cargo down from the hatch. Then he stands there quietly, sidearm held loosely by his side. While it seems that the rebels are not intent on killing them just yet (unlike the unfortunate marine who had opened the door), Yves is nonetheless wary and ready to dive to the side behind cover of the transport if things should take a turn for the worse.

OOCPlease don't laugh at any incorrect piloting terms I might use. I really don't know anything much about flying save from what I learn about in video games... Feel free to give me pointers or tips if you have any real-life experience!

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications

Last edited by reivision; 06-10-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:18 PM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
"Baka des," Saipo curses to himself in Japanese when he gets his bearings after the crash. He stands up and stays next to Yves the entire time not knowing what else to do.

OOCConsidering that he is smart base I don't plan on giving him a weapon to begin with (solve conflicts with your mind, not violence) but I may change my mind later. Buzy right now and haven't had a chance to think of my gear.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:20 PM
fond of meat nuggets

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Shei doesn't question her commander... verbally. Is the pilot on our side? Wouldn't we have known that before shooting the craft down? What is going on here. She nevertheless guards the two quasi allies. Are you alright? She asks in a voice showing absolutely no emotion. Her eyes scan the area, but they come to rest on the two that she is guarding.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
CatelynThe marine who spoke before nods at you. As you unplug and shut off, a another message pops up from this Titan. Catch you on the flipside. The soldiers take no notice. They lead you out of your apartment and into an armored personnel carrier. You travel for what seems like hours in the dark military transport. The four marines say nothing to you until you arrive. Alright, follow me. The marine who is seemingly in charge steps out of the APC and as you follow you can see the lights of Los Andares in the distance. You're led into a well lit bunker, outside of which you notice several dead Confederate marines. They're torn to shreds. Inside the bunker you see several wounded soldiers and a large computer system. A short man with an unkept mustache sits in front of the computer. He speaks to you. Ah, Catelyn, so glad you could make it. He smiles.

Don't try to help the Confederates, Shei. The large black man known as Angelo says. He spits on Yves' boot and pushes his glasses back up. He's clearly enjoying himself. He prepares to do something vile to Saipo when Cook and Teers return. Cut it out. We need to get moving. She looks at Saipo. You're prescious cargo, aren't you?If the Confederates want you at Flannum Installation, then we want you far away from there. She turns to Yves and Teers becomes suddenly fastenated with the ground. Yves. You're resocialized and thats a danger to all of us. Without a flinch she pulls her sidearm out and aims it at Yves' head. Teers speaks up. Wait. Don't kill him. We can use him. He's uh... He's a damn good shot. Cook looks Yves straight in the eyes. Is that so? She holsters her weapon and begins walking into the wastes. Lets move out.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 06-11-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:08 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
One of the rebels, a redhead, asks if Yves is "all right." Coming from someone who just shot down our dropship? Yves lets his stare do the talking. If Yves was at all interested in poker, he would be nigh unreadable. The expressionless stare is one of the Rock's specialties, and its effectiveness is no doubt enhanced by the time he spent in resoc tanks.

The redhead's companion then spits on Yves' boot, and the copilot, hand tightening on his sidearm, finds himself reconsidering how many of the cocky rebel's companions he could kill before their superior numbers brought him down. Luckily, Teers and the rebel leader choose this moment to return.

Then the woman has a pistol aimed between the pilot-in-training's eyes, saying that Yves' resocialization is a danger to her and her men (and women). Not a bad commander. At least she knows what to do with resoc boys. ...But I'm not about to go down without a fight. Yves' fingers twitch in anticipation on his sidearm for the second time in as many minutes.

And for the second time in as many minutes, the situation is defused, this time by Teers, who is clearly - well, if not lying - at least stretching the truth about the Rock's marksmanship. After treating the rebel woman to another dead stare, Yves seems to satisfy her, and it sounds like they will be traveling together to an unknown destination. A destination that is not in the direction of Flannum Installation.

Last edited by reivision; 06-11-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:52 AM
fond of meat nuggets

Tools
User Statistics
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Help them? You misread me Angelo. Shei listens to the conversation, trying to determine why the Lieutenant has spared them. Surely a dead confederate is better than a live one. Despite herself, She cannot help but make some sort of stifled sound when they compliment the Confederate's aim.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Cook leads the group for an hour or so to a small canyon and after a short while in, stops. She holds up her hand, gesturing those following to stop and she crouches to one knee. She looks around in the darkness and aims her rifle in the direction her eyes point. Suddenly her communicator explodes with activity, audible to all of you. There's too many of them! Pull back! Back to S-3! then static. The silence is not long lasting for another voice screams into the transmitter. It's Duke! He's pushing forward in a full scale assault! S-3 is under heavy fire, requesting all surrounding patrols to return to base! The man continues yelling. Cook turns and looks at the group. Her distraught gaze rests on Yves. We gotta get over there. Sector 3 is just on the other side of this canyon. Move! The rebel in rearguard, Jackson, yells up. Lieutenant, targets at nine o'clock! They're up on the ridge! Sure enough, about 40 feet up to the left you see a couple of Alpha Squadron marines. They begin shooting. Cook screams Open fire!

MechanicsRoll for initiative.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
Christ. They don't know they're firing friendlies as well as rebels. Yves dives into a roll towards the nearest cover. As Lieutenant Cook orders return fire on the Confederate marines, Yves almost obeys from force of habit. Then his implant fires up at the base of his skull, and the pilot-in-training nearly drops his weapon as the nausea overtakes him, his vision swimming sickeningly before his eyes. His brain feels as if it is in the crushing grip of a Confederate power suit, and Yves is soon curled up in a fetal position as waves of mental pain rack his body. Through the haze of the implant's assault, he remembers: Teers. Teers is a ranking Confederate officer.

Screwing up his face, he shouts out: "Teers! Give me an order! Order me to stand down!"

Initiatve
Dice Initiative:
1d20+3 (6)+3 Total = 9

Old 06-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 346
Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan
Silent as a stone wall Mark McHamon stood by the Confederates having his pistol ready. His eyes were full of loathing and contempt but still all he did was guarding the prisoners silently and wait for further instructions of his superiors.

When the enemy Marines appeared Mark was ready to act instantly. And when his commander ordered him to shoot, he did just that. He shot once at the enemy and crouched for some protection. The bullet missed its target by a few feet and that made him to finally open his mouth.

"Goddamnit!"
Old 06-14-2010, 07:41 AM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Saipo, knowing that he doesn't stand a chance in a gun fight, searches for a place in the canyon where he would be in their blind spot and moves there.

OOCWhile I don't have my gear set I know I'm not going have a weapon due to my character's background/class combination. Also, I'm assuming that we are in the canyon, is that true or are we just on one side of it?

Last edited by goplayer7; 06-14-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Visibly shocked and sickened, Catelyn is even paler than usual, her colouring distinctly ghostly in hue as she hugs her arms around her midriff.

"I... Titan?", she guesses, directing her question at the moustachioed man.

"What in all Heaven is going on here? This... doesn't exactly look like a conventional arrest...."
Old 06-15-2010, 02:58 AM
fond of meat nuggets

Tools
User Statistics
damn confeds, thinks he's safe among his own.

she looks for any fallen rocks to take cover behind, but stands her ground for the moment drawing her pistols

Last edited by Felyx Zephyr; 06-15-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
CatelynThe man raises an eyebrow when you say Titan. Then he stands. Calm down. You're not being arrested. He moves over to shake your hand. He is trembling a bit. My name is doctor Rine. I work at the Flannum Installation. We'll be going there soon. Still shaking and a little hesitant, he picks up a coffee cup and takes a sip. There's a lot of work and... I think you'll be interested. There is a small tremor in the ground and a rumbling from outside. Some dust falls from the ceiling. Dr. Rine squeezes his eyes shut. You can faintly hear some soldiers on the other side of the bunker talking. They're saying something about not getting reinforced this far out.

The three marines on the ridge rain down fire on the rebels. A burst flies right past Yves' head and another dances around Mark's feet. The rebel next to Mark was not so lucky. A pepper of spikes rips through his chest and stomach and he hits the ground. Two more marines on the opposite side of the canyon fire spikes down at the rebels but miss. Mark is the next to react. He fires a shot at one of the Confederates, going just short of the man's head. Saipo dives into a crack in the canyon wall and watches the fight from there. Shei pulls out her pistols and dashes into cover behind a rock. Yves begins to take action but wavers and collapses, calling out to Teers. Teers shouts back from his hidden position, Stand down?! Kill them, Rock! Shoot your weapon! Lt. Cook quickly trains her weapon upwards and fires a burst with deadly accuracy, killing one of the marines. The rest of the rebels fire at the height advantaged marines. One more marine goes down in a hail of gunfire. He tumbles down into the canyon. A third is wounded.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 06-15-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Closed Thread