Game Thread Rebel Yell - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Starcraft: Void Runners > Game Threads
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 06-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
Mark approaches S-5 first and upon closer inspection, you can tell that the unidentified people are indeed Sons of Korhal rebels. Lt. Cook moves up ahead. Who's in charge of your squadron? One of the marines salutes the Lieutenant. She waves him off. That would be Sergeant Laville, ma'am. He's back at Flannum. Do you know what's going on? Ignoring the confused marine, Cook curses to herself. Now directing her attention to Teers, she asks How do we get off this planet? Teers crosses his arms. I can't get this many people out of here. Not now, and not when they're enemies of the state. Before anyone else can react, the crack of a sniper rifle is heard and one of the rebels from the other squad eats dirt. Cover! Somebody yells and you all find yourselves scrambling behind rubble. Saipo ends up next to Angelo. The large man laughs and wipes his glasses on his shirt. Your lucky day, huh? What's your name again? He seems unconcerned about the sniper. Shei is near Gabriel. There's gonna be Confederates coming soon. We need to get out of here now. Teers looks to Shei. Mark is crouched behind the remains of a watchtower with a few other men. Among them is a well dressed man with a dirty looking mustache. He is nearly crying from panic.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 06-20-2010 at 08:25 PM.
  #62  
Old 06-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
Seeing the fellow Son fall before her, she grits her teeth. If these confederate SCUMBAGS think that we are giving up, dammit, I'll teach them. Shei looks to Teers with a fire in her eyes. Lieutenent, what is the plan? Tell me where to shoot and I'll exterminate these confederate dogs and try and cut a path of escape.
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller

Last edited by Felyx Zephyr; 06-21-2010 at 08:49 PM.
  #63  
Old 06-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Outcast's Avatar
Outcast Outcast is offline
Antiquated Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-29-2015
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Posts: 1,256
It's only when she's addressed by the marine that Catelyn realises her jaw is hanging slackly open. She manages to close it and gulp, but her expression remains one of wide-eyed shock and fear.

Even so, she does move closer to the man, sinking into a crouch nearby.

"What's going on?", she asks plaintively, though her expression is sympathetic, her eyes running over the fallen soldier to try to determine whether there's any likely way to help him. "The world's going crazy...."
__________________
He who does not stand firm on principles and has neither wide knowledge nor penetrating judgment is not worthy to be a companion ~~ Mo Tzu
PotM winner for May 2012, somehow!

Last edited by Outcast; 06-21-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Typo correction
  #64  
Old 06-21-2010, 10:58 AM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-31-2020
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 17,976
Saipo turns to Angelo, "Saipo."

  #65  
Old 06-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
CatelynAll is madness... The dying marine says as you crouch. Looking over him, you know he's going to die soon. Several shards of shrapnel stick out of his chest, piercing through his armor. He notices you looking. I don't have long left... He spits up a little more blood with each syllable. He holds out an armored hand to you. My brother. In the Mar Sara militia... Let him know... The mans eyes fall shut and his fist goes slack, revealing his dog tags and a family picture.
 


You then notice that another group of rebels has appeared...and apparently they were followed. A crack is heard and blood sprays from the marine behind you as he collapses to the ground. Everyone dives for cover.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 06-21-2010 at 01:51 PM.
  #66  
Old 06-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Reeshan's Avatar
Reeshan Reeshan is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-08-2019
RPXP: 346
Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan
Posts: 768
Mark hides behind his shelter waiting for further orders.
__________________
Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them.
- Samuel Palmer
  #67  
Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Outcast's Avatar
Outcast Outcast is offline
Antiquated Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-29-2015
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Posts: 1,256
Catelyn listens to the marine's words in rapt horror, staring at him for a moment even after the gunfire starts, her brain struggling to process recent events.

Then she lets out a startled yelp and cowers closer to the ground, dropping from her crouch to her knees and gazing wildly around.

When her gaze catches upon the dead man, however, it remains fixed there for a few moments - until she reaches out and snatches from his hand the picture and dog tags.

"I'm sorry!", she yelps to him, before turning and trying to scurry for cover. A very close, very large, very solid rock would be her first choice - but lacking that, lying down behind the APC might provide her best chance for avoiding being shot....
__________________
He who does not stand firm on principles and has neither wide knowledge nor penetrating judgment is not worthy to be a companion ~~ Mo Tzu
PotM winner for May 2012, somehow!
  #68  
Old 06-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
Angelo puts on his glasses and hits Saipo in the arm a little too forcefully. I like you Saipo. Well, for a Confederate anyway. He continues chuckling to himself.

Lt. Cook moves into a position where she can clearly see Shei. She signals for you to take half the squad and run them towards the plateau wall under cover of suppressive fire. She then moves into a position where she can see Mark and signals for him to do the same. She does the same to Angelo, but Angelo seems distracted by Saipo.

Ducking behind the APC, Catelyn is with a few marines. A woman moves near and signals to those marines. One of them says to you, We're gonna make a run for that ridge. We'll get on top of it and try to get an evacuation from there. He looks at Catelyn for a bit as if to make sure she won't try anything. Then a few of the marines begin shooting. The rest of them sprint towards the rock wall. The rebel by Catelyn taps her on the shoulder, Now!

Angelo almost jumps at the gunfire. He crouches and begins shooting as well.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 06-22-2010 at 04:46 PM.
  #69  
Old 06-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
Shei Glances around quickly, darting from group to group. Though they are mostly scattered Shei signs the plan to Rodrigo and Klimt. Finally, trying to get that lazy Angelo's attention she throws a smallish rock in his direction and signs the plan to him.

Attack?Shei Targets Angelo's 5 ft sq with a smallish rock to get his attention


Seeing Saipo rush forward, Shei runs forward as well. Idiot! Running out first?! What is he thinking?!
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller
  #70  
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Outcast's Avatar
Outcast Outcast is offline
Antiquated Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-29-2015
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Posts: 1,256
Rather wildly glancing around - in search of Doctor Rine or what else, she's not entirely sure - Catelyn swiftly concludes that she's got precious few options, and nods assent to the marine delivering instructions.

A veteran, she's not - but she's read enough (and played enough online games) to know that hiding by the single most obvious target in a firefight is unlikely to be a wise move in the long term.

Still, the temptation to cower where she is (or even try to crawl right under the APC itself) is strong. When the marine taps her shoulder there's a momentary hesitation before she manages to get her feet moving, breaking into a bent-over run as she dashes after the soldiers in front of her.

The terrified little squeal she lets out as she goes is wholly unintentional, but she can't seem to stop it. Even amidst the fear of being shot in the back, and the sensation of threatening pressure between her shoulder blades (as if a bullet is just waiting to slam into her), she finds herself hoping that no one has noticed.
__________________
He who does not stand firm on principles and has neither wide knowledge nor penetrating judgment is not worthy to be a companion ~~ Mo Tzu
PotM winner for May 2012, somehow!
  #71  
Old 06-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Reeshan's Avatar
Reeshan Reeshan is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-08-2019
RPXP: 346
Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan
Posts: 768
Mark hesitates for a while waiting for someone in the group to take the lead... After a quick thought he realizes: I have to take the lead. But how? What should I do He opens his mouth a few times but he just doesn't know what to say the men. The words just won't come out. They others scared, he noticed. What should I do?

As he noticed the others jumping from their covers he knew he had no choice. "Let's go" Mark said weakly and joined the others to seek for better cover at the plateau wall.

He could just hope that the others would follow.
__________________
Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them.
- Samuel Palmer
  #72  
Old 06-23-2010, 06:41 PM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-31-2020
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 17,976
Saipo looks for a blind spot where he won't get shot and moves to it.

Last edited by goplayer7; 06-23-2010 at 06:42 PM.
  #73  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
Lt. Cook's squad advances in a sprint towards the canyon wall. Shei quickly tosses a rock at Angelo and, taking the hint, he rushes forward as well. Mark leads the majority of the squad while the other squad provides suppressive fire on the sniper. Saipo sticks to places where the sniper would be forced to kill one of the rebels in order to hit him and Catelyn runs towards the rear. The plan works. All those who ran make it to the wall without the sniper even firing a shot.

The lieutenant is nowhere in sight. There is a path up the plateau a short distance away.
  #74  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
First objective complete... I've gotta keep these people moving. Looking around, she sees nobdy taking action. Firmly, she starts taking the lead. Mark, Klimt, Angelo- check out that path, I don't want something coming around and killing us on the final leg. Keep it open for us to take soon. Rodrigo, You she points to the 'cargo' stay by me. Dammit, where's the Lieutenant?! Shei peers into the darkness, straining her eyes. Can anybody see the lieutenant? she asks of the two
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller

Last edited by Felyx Zephyr; 06-24-2010 at 07:29 PM.
  #75  
Old 06-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Outcast's Avatar
Outcast Outcast is offline
Antiquated Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-29-2015
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Posts: 1,256
Back pressed against the rock, Catelyn allows herself a few moments of eyes-closed whimpering. She opens them just in time to see someone apparently taking command, and jerkily nods assent.

Her first order of business, however, is stilling the shaking of her hands just enough to be able to stow the picture and dog tags securely inside her coat. Those, she doesn't want to lose. Completing a dying man's bequest relating to another planet requires getting out of this mess alive - and that seems like a very good thing to cling to.
__________________
He who does not stand firm on principles and has neither wide knowledge nor penetrating judgment is not worthy to be a companion ~~ Mo Tzu
PotM winner for May 2012, somehow!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB