Game Thread Rebel Yell - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Starcraft: Void Runners > Game Threads
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:33 AM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
"So close to having an opportunity to get back," thinks Saipo as he looks around the room for anything that might be useful information-wise or practically-wise.

ActionsSpot check around the room: 13

Last edited by goplayer7; 06-29-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 346
Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan
Mark was one of the last to get to the ship. Even though he was dead tired a chance to kill Confederates was always a chance not to waste. When he saw that, if he waited a moment longer, he would be killed the marine jumped to the ship getting away from the door as fast as he could.

As soon as the danger was over Mark couldn't hold himself up anymore and he collapsed to the floor. He didn't even have energy left to wonder the great speed of the ship nor worry of the situation.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:47 PM
fond of meat nuggets

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Shei falls into the transport. Hell. I can't believe we fell into that. What the hell is the matter with me? she looks around at who of their numbers had made it. Far too few. Thankfully the Lieutenant made it... Or did she? Shei moves to see the condition of the Lieutenant. She notices the unnatural speed they are moving at. She almost asks, but instead continues to look at the Lieutenant.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Catelyn finds a first aid kit below the Lieutenant. She moves over to Cooper and tries to help with what little knowledge of first aid she has. Cooper grunts in pain. S**t, Mark. Think they'll take me off the line for this? He tries to laugh a little but struggles from the pain. I think I could use some time on the Hyperion. He clenches his teeth.

Saipo looks around the ship. You see a few maps of Chau Sara and Los Andares. There is some drug paraphernalia on a small cart near the back of the ship, as well as some food. Cook's stretcher is laying on top of a box of supplies, mechanical and electrical. You notice that there is no registry numbers on this ship anywhere that you can see.

Shei examines the Lieutenant herself. With a sigh of relief you notice her chest steadily rising and failing. Her abdomen is bandaged and you see some blood but it doesn't look too bad. She opens her eyes when you approach. Didn't think I'd be seeing you again.

The man who helped you on board walks back from the cockpit. He is tall and wears a black leather jacket with red dragons on it. His hair is short and black and he has a little beard stubble. He kneels over by Cooper and begins properly taking care of him. He prepares an IV and puts the water packet in Catelyn's hands. Well good morning, Elizabeth. How was your nap? He gives Cooper a shot of morphine and Cooper lets out a sigh. I found these. He says to the Lieutenant, gesturing at all of you. She just shakes her head a little.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 06-30-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
It seems the dragon-bedecked man is on a first-name basis with the Lieutenant, meaning he is either a personal friend or allied with the Sons of Korhal. Or both.

Yves wants to ask the man about the Void Runner and how such technology slipped past Confederate control in the sector. But the tension of battle is still thick in the air and is just starting to dissipate as the survivors regain their breath and tend to their wounded. The pilot trainee figures that drawing attention to himself when the rebel squad is sharing an unexpectedly timely reunion with their leader would be unwise. So he stands quietly at the rear of the group, back to the hull and eyes forward, following every movement with his ice-blue irises to find out what he can.

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications

Last edited by reivision; 06-30-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:01 PM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
As Saipo is making a check on the equipment, he thinks about what he is going to ask the man carefully. After considering how the others would react if he tries to get to much control of the situation, his want to get free, and the unescapable uncertainty of who the man is, Saipo decides to simply ask, "Who are you?"
Old 07-01-2010, 12:34 AM
fond of meat nuggets

Tools
User Statistics
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
The ghost of a sigh of relief crosses Shei's lips. It quickly turns to a smile as the Lieutenant speaks. Jarring a little Shei turned to the new man. He was Rugged. She had no idea who he could be, but he addressed the Lieutenant very casually.
Well, he saved us, he must be on our side. Still... A transport that can outrun Wraiths? Why don't we see more of this ship? Shei watches the man treat cooper, and when the person that they had taken spoke up, She attentively listened for any explaination. Standing there, beside the Lieutenant, still cooling off from the horrible ambush and hoping that nothing more will happen as they fly.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Deeply relieved both to feel somewhat useful and to have someone competent take over from her nervous efforts, Catelyn finds herself clutching the bag for the IV as she tries to blend into the background... and calm her racing heart and trembling nerves.

She settles for perching, wide-eyed, on an acceleration seat, watching and listening to the others.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
The rugged man turns to look at Saipo. My name is Ben Erikson. He looks at Saipo, blinks, and then quickly smiles. Hey. I was just looking at your bounty. He leans into the cockpit and grabs a holoscreen. He shows it to you. On it is Saipo's face and some words.

Ben is laughing. Sixx lights a cigarette and sternly says, Join the club... The lieutenant sits up and drinks some water. Cooper passes out.

Through the dropship windows you can make out a battlecruiser drifting in orbit over Chau Sara. As the Void Runner approaches you see that it is in fact a large battlecruiser. The Hyperion. Ben moves into the cockpit to land the dropship in the hangar of the large battlecruiser.

Upon landing, a few medics quickly rush the dropship and put Cooper on a stretcher. One of the medics looks at the syrette on Coopers collar. Morphine? Were you trying to kill him?! Ben unloads some crates from the back. He shows no concern. I'm not a damn doctor.

Cook is able to walk but only slowly. A man approaches her. Lt. Cook snaps to attention. Major. What can I do for you? The major looks old. He throws a cigarette onto the ground in front of Cook. Mengsk wants to see you. Better move your ass over there. He nods at the rest of you.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 07-02-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:44 PM
fond of meat nuggets

Tools
User Statistics
Shei moves to talk to the lieutenant as they begin moving. Lieu- but she is interrupted by the call from Arcturus Mengsk. I wonder what they will be talking about... her mind is briefly distracted. Lieutenant. There is something that I needed to ask about.

No. She is busy. Besides, I don't have the right words for the question.

Saipo, she whispersinsdtead. Do you still have the sample you took of that slimy stuff?

Last edited by Felyx Zephyr; 07-03-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:54 AM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
Ben Erikson? Interesting. Every pilot in the Sara system knows of this elusive man and the drug franchise he leads. This Void Runner explains a lot about Erikson's infamous escapes. Where could he have obtained this dropship? It could be self-constructed, but a man with such talents could do better than drug trafficking. Perhaps a patron...

As if in answer to Yves' mental query, a shadow falls across the dropship as the Saran sun is blocked by the massive hull of a battlecruiser. The Hyperion. Perfect. More rebels.

The dropship docks and its occupants begin disembarking. Although Erikson points out to Saipo that he is now branded a traitor, no one says anything to or about the rookie pilot. It is as if the blond-haired man is invisible. Which works fine for the Rock.

He overhears something said to the lieutenant that catches his attention, drawing his eyes away from the innards of the landing bay to a gray-haired and slightly balding major who, despite his age, seems like he could still hop into a power suit with ease. Arcturus Mengsk himself. The Rock is stunned for a moment. Just what is going on here? ...And why is the security so loose? He glances surreptitiously towards his hip, making sure his sidearm is still loaded and ready.

Yves' first reaction is born from his resocialization conditioning. As he considers the situation more carefully, he begins to wonder... How much do these rebels know about me? Do they know that the Confederates nuked my mother on Korhal? The Rock was resocialized after what was officially designated a freak accident, and it was his memories of that incident on Chau Sara which were primarily...rewritten. The earlier memories were left untouched by the Confederate technicians. Yves still remembers the touch of her hands as she urged him to let go, to board the transport that would take him up and up out of the atmosphere and towards the Saran system. The young boy had never flown before, and his mother's voice was gentle and reassuring in his ears, "Go on, Yves. Your father will take good care of you while you're away. Think of it as just a short vacation. You'll be back before you know it. And who knows? Maybe you'll like space travel. Maybe you'll be a pilot with Alpha Squadron some day."

There were two bitter ironies in the last words Yves heard from his mother. First, he had enjoyed space flight. And second, no one went back to Korhal.

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications
Old 07-03-2010, 01:04 PM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
*sigh* "Branch 76, Outcome H2-4," Saipo thinks as he sees that he is now wanted. "Getting back will be a lot harder now."

When Shei asked him if he still had the sample, "Of course," he whispered, "What are you thinking?"
Old 07-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Erikson? Catelyn pauses a moment to check that she's not screwing anything up medically, then half-turns to eye the man who saved Cooper from her ministrations.

Not exactly someone I'd have expected to serve as either the Cavalry or a knight in shining armour. Still, I'm not exactly in a position to complain.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
As the Major walks away and Cooper is rushed off by the medics, Lt. Cook turns to the rest of you. Accompany me for a debriefing. She sighs and clutches her side. She then addresses Yves, Saipo, Catelyn, and Teers. And we need to figure out what to do with you.

Leading you down a series of metal halls towards the captain's quarters, Cook carries a concerned look but does not speak on it. Two armored marines stand outside an ornate door. One of them punches a code into a nearby terminal and the door slides open. Inside is a large room that appears to be an empty audience chamber. The man known as Arcturus Mengsk sits in a leather recliner and smokes a cigar. A chess board lies on a small table in front of him. He sets his cigar on an ashtray and walks over to you. The group forms a line and Lt. Cook steps towards Mengsk.

Calmly Mengsk speaks to Cook. Two hundred marines, Lieutenant. He moves very close to her face. You cost me Chau Sara. This failure belongs to you. The man is very charismatic, even in anger. The information we could have obtained from Flannum... We were so close. He seems almost sad. He barely raises his voice and retains his composure. Lieutenant Cook, I am hereby demoting you to Sergeant Major. Until you prove to me you can handle being an officer. He moves past her and towards her makeshift squad. You've all done very well even under the command of a less then worthy officer. I will see to it that you are each promoted to Private First Class. He returns to his chair and takes up his cigar. He waves you away with his hand.

Walking out of the room, you can tell the former Lieutenant is taking it hard. A red haired women walks past you and into the room. The two guards salute her. Congratulations on your battlefield commission, Lieutenant. The woman walks past and in to see Mengsk.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:25 AM
fond of meat nuggets

Tools
User Statistics
Lieu- Shei begins again, but it doesn't happen. Instead they head to the debriefing room.

As the doors open into the grand chamber, Shei's eyes go wide. Sitting on his comfortable command chair, A-A-A-Arcturus Mengsk! We are being debriefed by General Mengsk! This must be-

Shei's thoughts go blank and her eyes only go wider as the general of the Sons of Korhol tears the Lieutenant to shreds in front of her subordinates. If she weren't paralyzed by the gravity of the older man, she might have remembered any number of things that she needed to bring to the attention of somebody important. But it seemed like she blinked and then she was promoted and dismissed.

Staring at the Lieutenant, no, Sergeant Major, Shei fumbles with what to do. With no memories to have empathy with, and only the ghosts of emotions remaining deep in the corners of what soul she had left, Shei decided that the matter had to be attended to, and perhaps having something to do would distract her.

Shei bites her tongue as she almost calls Cook Lieutenant. Sergeant Major Cook, Shei addresses her with the same amount of respect that she has since the beginning, Shortly after Liberating Saipo, We found an unidentifiable substance that appears to be Living and Organic in nature. Saipo took a sample of it. It may be something important.

Shei looks at the former Lieutenant respectfully.

Her voice lowers. Unsure how to put the next words, she begins without thinking the sentence through. If I may say so Sergeant Major, if it were not for your efforts, none of us would have survived.

Last edited by Felyx Zephyr; 07-04-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Closed Thread