Game Thread Episode I: Life's worth Livin' - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Folklore: Tales of Fabletown > Stories of Fabletown
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2023
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
Although she'd never driven a car herself, Marigold found herself shuffling into the seat beside Katina - shotgun, apparently. Being able to see more of the road ahead was a nice bonus, even if most of it was an unrecognisable blur. Just about the only thing which wasn't speeding out of view was the car they were chasing, and only barely - she was beginning to suspect that Katina's bucket of bolts wasn't really supposed to be going so fast so quickly.

If she weren't so enthusiastic about the whole thing, Marigold probably would've felt like she was in some kind of danger.

"It's late, it's dark, it's in the middle of winter," Marigold mused, "not only is it improbable, but we're probably waking people up. At the least, we're drawing attention to ourselves." It felt a bit odd to be packed up with a bunch of fables what amounted to a tin can with wheels, but it was certainly more interesting than chilling back at home. "Besides, we don't know who we're following yet!" she added, struggling with what she hoped was the seatbelt. She'd heard that you were supposed to put it on somehow, but it was locked in place for some weird reason. Best to leave it for now.

Last edited by Muggins; Nov 8th, 2013 at 06:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
"Ha! This piece of crap can't get any worse than when I first bought it from the used car dealership!" The momma cat said in reply to Incen's earlier worry, eyes locked on the tail lights of Bigby's car. "Now hang on tight and don't stick your hands out-- because we're headed for a turn!" As she turned the wheels, the car went into a drift...

... and she probably shouldn't have done that.

Checks & OoCSorry if it was a little out of place for me to assume there was a turn, but I think it's likely for the party to face a turn eventually, and it just seems a lot more dramatic for the maintain check! (Than, say, making a maintain check at a boring straight road...)
Dice Drive Check to maintain speed:
1d20+2sch10 (7)+2 Total = 9

Last edited by Fon; Nov 8th, 2013 at 08:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Niall is squished in at a lopsided angle, like one would stuff That Thing you Need to Take With You on Vacation in the back. Her head is somewhere near the cupholder at the moment. Thank goodness Toves are all cartilage, and bending is like a force of habit. "Not that I'm complaining too hard, but what did you plan to do if we caught up? Ask them politely to stop? I don't think we have a tentacle beast to grab their trunk with.""
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
As Kat goes to turn the wheel, she accidentally makes her turn too far, the car spinning out of control, which causes it to stop in place, backwards, blocking oncoming cars.

This pursuit has left your engine in a non-envious situation, you can see smoke coming out of your hood.

That is, after all of you get up after your nauseating halt.

Several cars stop, beeping at you to get out of the road. Some shouting really mean things to you, what mean people!
Oh, and you can forget about your high speed pursuit, Bigby's car zooms out of control as you cough from your smoking engine. You should've thought about that before you took a puppy to a dogfight.

Katina's ROAD-RUSH has stopped.

Katina has gained ROAD-FATIGUE.

Last edited by Hanz; Nov 9th, 2013 at 01:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
"Ugh... and that's why they invented seat belts... Is everyone okay...?" Katina asked with a few coughs. "I don't think we can catch up with the murderer now..." For now the catfolk is trying to ignore all the beeping and nasty words; are those the first thing people do when they witness a car accident? Sheesh!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
Dice LUCK:
1d20+5 (10)+5 Total = 15
'

Out of pure miraculous (It's christmas, after all.) destiny, the radio starts picking up interference coming from a police car. "Calling all units, calling all units, possible suspect in pursuit by Officer Bigby on 12th Clover st., suspected destination: Fable Town Police Department."

Ooh! So now you know where the action is! The question is, is it worth it?

Last edited by Hanz; Nov 9th, 2013 at 04:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Zaon puts his head in his hands. "Well, that was fun. Lets see if we can get this thing off the street so we can get on with being nosey." He winds down the window. Is nobody else hot in here?
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2023
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
"How peculiar," Marigold mused, "I didn't know the mundies called this place Fable Town too. I thought it was just us, and everyone else used the street name. You know, like mundies usually do." Even if the other officers were fables, who else could be listening in on the radio chatter?

Of course, she only spoke after she'd made an effort to push herself out of the car and onto the street, her body in surprisingly good condition considering what it had been through. The car had suffered a more unfortunate fate, however, and didn't look like it would be chasing anything else in the near future. While she was relieved that they hadn't crashed into anything, Marigold could still feel her stomach turning. "Well, I suppose that's it for the night," she said, "unless we're cleaning up and continuing the chase on foot. If so, I don't suppose anyone knows the way to the nearest police station?" Although she would've preferred to have just left the car on the road, something told her that their fellow drivers wouldn't be too pleased with that.
__________________
Want to talk? You can usually find me on the Unofficial RPGCrossing Discord Server.

Last edited by Muggins; Nov 9th, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Code H's Avatar
Code H Code H is offline
Dapper Jelly
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 16th, 2023
RPXP: 5611
Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H
Posts: 7,147
Well, I have not exactly been introduced. Incen replied to his friend. The only time I've met her, she introduced herself with a bottle of whiskey...

Then the Cat wretched the wheel over and the world became a spinning tumbling mess.

And everyone worries I draw attention. Incen said, gripping his spinning head. He struggled with the door, finally getting it open to spill out onto the street. He slashed into the road, already starting to melt some of the slush in the street.

He gripped at the pit of his stomach, groaning. Uh... I drank too much. And between the nausea of the spinning screeching halt and the stomach full of gin.

He waddled around to the back of the car, planting a hand on the trunk and being ill onto the street in the light of the taillights.

He stood, feeling much better. He wiped his mouth, pulling out the little bottle of hotsauce Zaon had given him, taking a shot of it to get the taste out of his mouth.

Alright. Where to now? He asked.

He looked to the cars all about, full of angry, honking, swearing mundies. He waved. Yes, yes. Right back at you. He shouted out. Merry Christmas!

I think they want us to move. He said, gesturing to the smoking car.
__________________
Oh well uh, you might think I'm delirious, The way I run you down
But somewhere sometimes, When you're curious, I'll be back around - The Cars
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Niall is now thoroughly upside down. That's what happens when you run out of seatbelts. "Do it again! Do it again!" Then she gets a good look at the people staring at them. "...well, maybe we can do it again some other time. Anyone gonna help shove?"
Dice Strength:
1d20+0 (6)+0 Total = 6

Niall's legs comically slip and slide in the snow. As is, she's only good for the +2 Helping Out bonus on helping the check of someone with ravenous photo-shoot biceps.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Nov 9th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
Katina wasn't sure if she wants to see through this anymore... but she still got out of the car, and attempted to push her own car to the side of the road with the help of the others.

Checks
Dice Strength Check:
1d20+3 (11)+3 Total = 14
Perhaps she's got a penalty for being under the effect of glamour, apply as necessary.

"I'll just ask somebody to tow my car away." The catfolk let out a sigh, though it seemed like this wasn't the first time her car needed towing... Taking out her cellphone, she dialed the number of the local car towing service she usually used. Though she wasn't exactly sure if they work during the Christmas Eve.

OoCI assume Katina knows a car towing service or something, perhaps one from Fabletown itself?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Zaon pats Incen on the back and joins in the pushing effort. Sadly he is weedy and cannot summon the heavy lifting guy. He's not very helpful.
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
With enough time, you manage to put up your car, get the tow truck to hook it up, and be on its way. Unluckily for you, he doesn't like people going into his truck, so he simply suggests you find a cab as he drives away on short notice.

Well, it looks like this night isn't as interesting as you thought it would be.

However, luckily for you there are several cabs speeding by, so finding a ride won't bee too tough. Besides, you've got more than enough Cab Money, but before you could do anything of that sorts, Niall's phone starts to ring, it's a really catchy tune, too! (Isn't it that one from that one Trek-Star-Craft-wars movie?)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
Katina is starting to regret coming outside at all. "I should have stayed back with the kids... what was I thinking?" She said to no one in particular. While she wanted to preemptively make sure that the murderer was either caught or no longer a threat, this trip turned out to be very costly, and as a result she's going to have to get a bus pass or something for the next month...

Last edited by Fon; Nov 13th, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Niall flips open her phone, and holds it precariously by her face. "Rawr! I'm coming for you!" It is a traditional greeting, one to make sure that the people who call know it's her.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB