Game Thread Operation 1 - This Can't Possibly Go Wrong - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Let There Be Lizards
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Operation 1 - This Can't Possibly Go Wrong

left-aligned image
The Enclave, TopNorthWest Octant. The weather staff were on strike, demanding permission for at least one Hurricane, as a test for their new Summon Hurricane doomsday spell.No Season.
It is with mild annoyance that you shuffle into the TNW castle basement. This place was very undecorated, and mainly used for the sorts of people you would Never Associate With. A kobold scuttles down the hall with a tray of pastries, but they are Not For You. Bah!

Indeed, this small stone room lacks the grandeur of the proper briefing rooms, and bears witness to only a badly out-of-date projector and a Jabberwock of some level of disdain. Oh gods, it's you. Why is it you.

Let's get one thing straight. You are not here because Master Mortimer likes you. You are not here because you are war heroes. However, people insist that you are if not the best of the best, at least you don't suck. However, things as they are, you'll need to PROVE that before they actually give you some level of command authority. As such, your starting assignment will be strictly within your... unit. Such as it is." Checking to see if anyone of you are actually paying attention, he adds "That's you lot, in the room. You do not get to bring servants, pets, or anything that would compromise the mission. You will be behind enemy lines, with the intent of softening things up before they become properly conquered."

He tries to turn on the projector, but it fizzles and sparks a bit. Opening it up, he finds a yellow-scaled kobold rogue, munching on the power crystal. The kobold is not long for this room, and is chucked out unceremoniously in a beautiful shower of blood. Haha. Jabberwock claws. "Consider this motivation to be staggeringly successful, so you don't have to put up with This Crap anymore. Right." He simply takes a look at the map, and decides you don't really need to see it. In a deadpan manner, he delivers: "The troop movements into Rivadenes, of the Northern parts of the Austern continent, go smoothly. In fact, they are so rapid that many Mammal regiments are in full retreat, and this allows for units such as yourself to wreak havoc without having to worry too much about enemy reinforcements. However, the colder months there are approaching, and so we'd like to hurry it up before the snow starts. The commander is a Red Dragon, claims the cold makes him itchy. In any case, there are three locations we'd like to look at, and you'll be dealing with one of them. You get first pick, congrats."
 
 
 

"Pick one, ask your questions, that sort of thing."
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Sep 10th, 2014 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 8th, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,498
Opal 'sat' atop her coiled tail during the meeting. She was still somewhat confused as to why she, and by extension, a half-elf (aka Mammal)Winter, had been drafted. If it had been just him, she would have understood. Winter was a warrior. He knew how to fight. The big sword upon his back and the armor that he wore was proof enough of that. She, on the other hand, was a healer. The only reason she would be drafted for a special unit was for her healing abilities and, possibly, her ability to speak with animals.

She remained quiet, content to enjoy the heat radiating from Winter and Never, as the Jabberwock informed them about a few things. The start of his speech filled in a couple bits of information, though, not nearly as well as she would have liked. When he mentioned that Winter wouldn't be allowed to come along if he would compromise the mission she tensed and glanced back at him. She noted that he'd tensed as well. Winter had been with her for about five years. She'd saved his life after his village finally chased him out. He'd refused to tell her exactly why and insisted that his life was now hers. She reluctantly agreed to allow him to stay after learning that he had no home to return to. He quickly proved useful and soon became her bodyguard, though to everyone else he was her 'pet'. Both had grown accustomed to having the other nearby over the last half-decade and leaving him would be as much a risk as taking him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Winter stiffened when he heard that he might have to be left behind. Despite this, he noticed Opal glance his way. He understood the nervousness contained within her golden gaze. Deciding he needed to reassure her of his loyalty, he rested a hand on her free shoulder. He nearly had to bend in half to be able to whisper in her ear. "Thalia, do not worry. My life and my loyalty is yours, as you well know." He felt her relax and straightened, squeezing her shoulder briefly before allowing his hand to drop back to his side.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Winter's soft words were comforting and cemented Opal's resolve to bring him along. The others would just have to get along with her protector. She looked over the information about the three possible missions.

The first was out of the question. She didn't mind people infiltrating enemy bases or converting them to the Reptilian side. However, she refused to be part of bringing someone back just to have his mind sucked. That sounded too much like torture for her tastes.

She moved on to the second one. A rescue mission she could get behind. Well, as long as they didn't harm more of the enemy than absolutely necessary. The target of the rescue mission was a dragon. If completed, they might even be rewarded.

Setting aside the second mission, she turned her attention to the third. This, again, was a mission she found agreeable as long as they tried to keep the loss of life to a minimum on both sides.

Opal placed the third mission under the second. She knew what one she would prefer to undertake and hoped that she might be able to sway the others to it as well. "My name is Opossvaexaesthyr, though, the lot of you may call me Opal. I'm a hedge witch. Tick me off at your own risk." She and Winter knew that unless someone made her truly angry, the most she was likely to do was force them to heal slowly. The others, however, didn't need to know that tidbit of information. "That said, I would prefer to rescue the dragon." Opal glanced down at the slip with the mission outline on it. "Ekwaran."
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; Sep 10th, 2014 at 10:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Vahnscraze's Avatar
Vahnscraze Vahnscraze is offline
That guy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2021
RPXP: 630
Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze
Posts: 1,689
The sun's, like, shining in my eyes, right? But not just that, I get pushed around by my mom. "Time to get up Zerath! You have been summoned and I will NOT allow you to mess this up!" "It's too morning mom." Moms, they just didn't understand the rest and relaxation such a fine and exquisite creature such as myself need in order to look as fascinating as I do, ya know? Anyway, before she starts pound me around the room, because she's THAT serious about this whole ordeal, I guess I should get up. "You do realize you were sleeping as a mattress, on top of a mattress, right?" She was right; totally didn't think much on my cover as late as I came back. It was a busy day: tons of flying around, catching prey, talking with the ladies, you know how it is. "Details, shmetails, I'm getting up." I stood up and went over to get a bath before heading out: wouldn't want to look grimy and nasty before maybe meeting up with some ladies. Unless they were into that sorta thing. I could get used to it.

Anyways, so about that bath...it happens. And then, I make my way out of the house and onwards to the big, fancy area where I'm supposed to meetup with these important people and do things. Such a drag...

I'm walking into the place, right? And there's this wibblewobble; you know, long claws, shifty-kinda people? Yeah, there was one of those. Supposedly he ran this joint, or at least was supposed to tell us what to do. Reeeal power-user. Whatever, maybe after this is over, I'll go and hangout with that girl at the bakery...that'd be nice.

Speaking of girls, there's one here already. And they've got a friend. And they seem to really know each other. And then he says some heartfelt words to her. Crap...so much for girlfriend material. Releasing a sigh, listening to the wibblewobble talk about what I'm gonna be doing, I peeked over at the options. Skimming the first one, "Awww man, brain suckers suck, man. That's really gonna suck for that guy." No pun intended, he continued to the second one; giggling a bit. "Fluffybutt, hehehe." And finally, the third. "I get to blow stuff up? Sweet! I've never done that before." First one sounded kinda bad; mainly the brain sucking part. That really sucks, ya know? The other two seemed alright.

The blue woman started telling them about herself, and why shouldn't I? "The name's Zerath; a gargoyle. Not much else to me. The last two I'm fine with." If any of them knew about the gargoyles of the den, they would know they were elite guards for the hierarchy; a very tough and strong lineage to which Zerath physically gave proper tribute to that hype.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Zu strutted into the room with a sort of cocky, casual grace. She took a seat and leaned back in the chair with her fingers laced behind her head. She briefly considered propping her feet up on the table, but she had tried that with this type of chair before....it hadn't ended well. So instead, she propped them up, crossed at the ankle, on a spare chair.

The Jabberwock of Disdain didn't affect her much. At the first frown her direction, she tossed him a flirty wink and went back to her display of nonchalance. She made a display of trying out a few scale colors while the Jabberwock gave his speech. She was paying attention, of course, but no need to let him know that.

A choice of assignments? That was new. She brought her feet down, smiled flirtily at the man in the chair next to her, then started in on the files. Conversion and kidnapping? That could be interesting. Sabotage? Oooh. Oh, with explosions. Not really her style. Still, there's always the option of getting in and out without notice and then letting the explosions take care of the rest. Rescue a 'pet'? Fairly routine stuff there.

Oh, was this the meet and greet part of the briefing? Might as well join in. "Hi. I'm Zu. Nice to meet you all. Conversion and kidnapping is my favorite, but I don't mind either of the others."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Thissic removes his feathered hat and stands straight and proud in spite of his short height. The lithe drake wears the battle-dress of a nobleman, or perhaps even that of a royal: A fine shirt of black mail covers his rust-coloured scales and over that he wears an unfamiliar banner depicting a dragon looming above the world. All those piercings and rings look expensive too. What's this guy doing here? Doesn't he have peasants to scoff at or something? Oh right, he's come to stick that magic sword in people. That explains it.

His expression hardens as he listens to the Jabberwock's disrespectful briefing. "That's all very well, but I must say, your apparent doubt seems somewhat rich coming from a man who just found a kobold in his secret briefing room. Eating his projector."

He's about to continue when Opal's introduction registers. "At your own risk", indeed! "Miss Opal, I can assure you I had no intention of 'ticking you off', but now you appear to have issued a threat. That's uncalled for and if we are to fight side by side, it would be best that we agree it was in error and move on."

Having said his piece, Thissic turns to the others. Hello, Zerath. A pleasure to meet you too, Zu. I am Thissic XXVIII, Grand Marquis of Esper (currently in exile) and veteran of many battles in defence of my former homeland. I look forward to working with you. I have no qualms regarding any of these missions, but my strong preference is for the rescue mission. It's unacceptable for a dragon to be so demeaned and I would like to bring the pooka back for some comically undignified fate. Petting zoo duty, perhaps..." He ponders the possibility for a moment. "...Though I suppose a muzzle would be necessary if she's as barbaric as the file suggests."
__________________
Ingle Land?

Last edited by Caput; Sep 11th, 2014 at 07:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 8th, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,498
Opal shrugged at Thissic's implication that her, admittedly harsh, warning was a threat. He could view it as he chose. So many others did. She didn't want to take her words back, but Never insisted that she'd need this new, if forced, flock if she were to survive whatever was to come. She gave the raven upon her shoulder a dark glare. It just cackled in the way of its kind and flitted to the half-elf's shoulder.

If the annoying fancy drake was willing to ignore the harshness of her warning and move on, she wasn't about to stop him. She did suppose they deserved an explanation. "Forgive me. I am relatively unaccustomed to dealing with uninjured individuals." She glanced at Thissic and the tiny drake who had yet to introduce herself. "Especially those considered nobles. Never and Winter are exceptions to that, of course." She was silent until the exiled noble mentioned having the pooka princess put in a petting zoo. "If she's barbaric enough that she needs a muzzle, putting her in a menagerie might be a wiser choice. She would be in a cage and it would be a fitting punishment for her without endangering children."
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Thissic's stern demeanour fades as he nods and smiles. It's only natural that Opal wasn't used to addressing drakes and it was his job to make allowances for that. Besides, she'd said nothing that warranted vengeance. "Don't worry about it. You have a point about the princess though. Perhaps we could keep her in a hutch, as a squad mascot? Just so long as it's funny. Anyway, we can think about that later.

He looks over at the little drake who was yet to speak. "My lady, your mission preference?"
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 02:26 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
The drake is dressed in the latest of fashions, and you get the idea that she is usually very vocal. Too vocal. Why hasn't she shut up yet? levels of vocal.

She is currently sulking, you can tell because her face is scrunched up tight and her arms are crossed.

She says nothing during the briefing or after, but looks up when Thessic speaks to her directly, and then sighs.

"If I had to choose I would prefer to blow up the dam. I don't really do subtle. Call me Noridai. I do magic."

Not seeming willing to say anything more, she continues to pout.

Her body language suggests that although clearly in her majority she has the mindset of either a teenager or a rich spoiled brat and Does Not Want To Be Here, Okay Dad?
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 8th, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,498
Opal smiled. She'd been paying attention to everyone's vote. "Well, now that we know everyone's preference, it's time to tally them up. We have one vote each for the turning/kidnapping mission and taking out the cannon. Two votes for the rescue." She glanced at Zerath. "Our last vote has been split. If we truly allow him to split his vote we have a half tally for the rescue and a half tally for the cannon." Her gaze shifted back to the table before her. "That makes the final tallies two-and-a-half votes for the rescue, one-and-a-half for the dam and one for the conversion/kidnapping." Golden eyes rested briefly upon each of her new acquaintances before finally resting upon the jabberwock. "It seems we go to rescue Ekwaran."

She slipped from her seat atop her tail. "If we are finished deciding our mission, may I suggest moving elsewhere to discuss exactly how we want to go about it?" Rising to her 'full height', she held out her arm. Her raven hopped down to it. "Does anyone know someplace we can figure out our plans?"
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Acutely aware that these people were above her caste (not that there were many below it) and yet completely unwilling to show that sort of vulnerability, Zu carried on with the saucy flirt. Yes, she was just a Chameleon and not nobility. Being a pretty, pretty princess won't get you out of a jam in one piece. And if this goes to hell, chances are they'll blame it on me. And that didn't even start on having a mammal in your entourage. Zu never put much stock in that whole 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer' stuff. She preferred 'keep your friends to a minimum and put your enemies in the ground'. It had worked pretty well for her so far.

While a few dozen wise-assed, witty, sarcastic, even mutinous responses played in her head, Zu contented herself with some seemingly bland questions for the disdainful basically-a-desk-jocky. "Could we please get the full briefing on the rescue mission? Locations, known or suspected armaments, expected obstacles? Any other information available?"

Last edited by Atalanta; Sep 14th, 2014 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Ekwaran is being held in a castle in Western Rivadenes. Mostly flat, a few trees, it's a little ways outside one of their major cities. The trap setup is unknown, though it is known that the place is heavily warded and guarded. This is not to keep you out; they didn't expect our troops to get this close. No, the wards are to keep out Stupid Knights who would want to kill the princess' little pet dragon.

That said, they're still rather serious traps, from what info we can gather. They couldn't get their hands on anything to bluff the traps into thinking that you're an Authorized Person, so you'll have to disarm them with your face. There's some level of anti-air ward, and the windows and such are permanently shielded, as you're not supposed to be going up there. The main door looks best for your purposes, if you don't mind trawling the castle inside.

There's a teleport site set up not far from the castle. You'll be heading in under cover of night, so that they don't see where you're coming from(or if they do, there won't be many and you can fry them at your leisure).
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Sep 14th, 2014 at 11:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Thissic isn't so certain about this idea of everybody getting an equal vote, but he's getting his way and it would be a shame to start off on the wrong foot, so he shrugs and smiles instead.

He takes another look at each of his team mates, the better to size them up. The chameleon clearly has a sensible head on her shoulders and the serpent seems to be direct and businesslike. That's probably all good, but he's ready to put the mammal out of his misery if that should become necessary. The gargoyle plainly isn't taking this seriously, which is as much a relief as a concern. A little levity is a good thing. Finally, there's his fellow drake. He has no idea what to make of the girl, but something is clearly troubling her and that will not do.

"Is everybody ok? We're all ready to go?"
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Vahnscraze's Avatar
Vahnscraze Vahnscraze is offline
That guy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2021
RPXP: 630
Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze
Posts: 1,689
Sometimes people just like to hear themselves talk. And talk.. And talk..... But there's this other pretty girl here, so it's not so bad. Not bad at all. A bit on the smaller side, but I'm fine with that. Now that face she's making, that could use some work; I mean, she's gotta be an adult to be put on this kind of job, right? Is she an adult? She looks like an adult. She's got adult parts. Eh, we'll see if she's an adult as we go along. Can't stand bratty, whiny children; always ruining my naps. And then the details....I hate details.....too much information at once and I don't want to deal with it. But glancing over at the walls and the girls allow the boring bits to be more entertaining.

What's that? The wibblewobble stopped talking? Goooood. Such boringness is such a drag. Well, at least we're doing something interesting. Stretching my scaly body a bit after such a booooriiiiiiiing talkfest, "Yeah, now's a good time. Laterz!" Without skipping a beat, I stroll over to the doorway in a casual fashion as I'm done with this talking thing; we need less talking about boring things. Now fighting something that fights back...that'll be new. I mean, I'd like to just say hi like those others I met before. I'm sure if I go and ask really nicely, maybe even give this 'barbarian lady' an evening with me to sweeten the deal. I mean, maybe she's into red scales? Though we'll see how the others are; some may be eager to fight.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
2 hours later...

You dislike teleport terminals. It's not the principle: going 500 miles in a minute or so is hella rad, or so the little ones say. It's more that unless it's a highly trafficked one, they don't bother putting in the anti-nausea enchantments, and your stomach loves doing barrel rolls along the way. It's like a roller coaster! Minus the waiting in line.

Still, they got you reasonably close with the blink out. The advance scout managed to lay down a teleport beacon below a few trees overlooking the castle in question. Nice place, 3 stories with a tower complex in back. To the untrained eye, it's just a vacation house for some royal ponce, but you can see the glimmers of magic in the windows and above the castle roof. Flying in looks like a good way to get electrocuted. There's a moat, but it's not very imposing. Maybe 20 feet across, and you're probably scarier than anything in there. The entrance door itself is a large wood and steel contraption, designed to lower down over the moat for authorized visitors.

You are Not an authorized visitor, but that won't be stopping you. You have a dragon to meet, and a bunny to snub.
2x Breaching ChargesKaboom!2x2lbsSet it on something, and run away quickly. Deals 5d6+5 SON damage to anything in the vicinity. Used to obliterate doors and other barriers to progress.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
When the gargoyle spent the briefing not paying attention then casually walked out of the room without any discussion, Zu messaged her forehead. She felt a headache coming on. This group was going to be a major pain in the neck.

She accompanied the group to the terminal, watching them, trying to get a sense of their strengths and weaknesses. Mostly the weaknesses, since those were the ones more likely to get her killed. She examined the breaching charges, confirming that they were in good shape, and ready to transport. Badly stowed explosives and the whirlwind motion of the teleport was a very bad combination.

Teleporting was fairly routine in her line of work, so she had developed a routine for landing. It was fairly simple. Brace correctly for the landing, assume you are jumping into an ambush, a quick summersault and draw weapons, prepare to vanish. When they landed, she tumbled away and drew her blades, but no ambush was underway. So far, so good.

The easy, flirty smile had vanished. This was work and it was deadly. She took point in the group,
Dice stealth:
1d20+17 (7)+17 Total = 24
ghosting forward and
Dice perception:
1d20+11 (2)+11 Total = 13
looking for signs of the 'anti-knight' traps. Only when she was certain they were safe did she stop and ask about strategy.

"Breaching charges are loud and messy. They'll bust down the entrance, but they'll also call every guard in the place there. Which make them a very good diversion."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB