Game Thread Operation 1 - This Can't Possibly Go Wrong - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Let There Be Lizards
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Zu: You carefully open the door, and... it's stairs! Hello stairs. They appear to be deserted, aside from a STRANGE FIGURINE. Well, two smushed together. It's a little Gremlin Engineer Action Figure, with a ferocious dragon toy riding around on his head, like a hat. Very peculiar. It appears to have been left here haphazardly, for someone to trip on. Devious.

Thissic et. al.: The little crow, hearing your talk of 'going in', proceeds to shoot red warning lights out of its eyes and throw a complete hissy fit. "INTRUDERS! INTRUDERS! MAN THE POSTS! SHOOT EVERYTHING! AWK!" The fake bird bounces about, hoping anyone can hear it.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Oct 1st, 2014 at 07:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 06:40 PM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Thissic makes a sulky face at the crow, as if to say "I trusted you!" Then he stretches and clunks his shoulder bones and slowly draws his sword. He addresses the non-drake members of the team in a calm, yet urgent manner. "Hurry that explosion along would you? I'm afraid Zu will just have to forgive us for rushing her. And somebody find out if that bird has edible parts. It's ruining my brain."
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 07:04 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
"SWORD IS BAD! NO STABBY! GUARDS! MASH THE BUTTONS! DO SOMETHING! AWK!" Someone had way too much fun enchanting this sentry... bird... thing.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 07:45 PM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Zu was admittedly acting paranoid at this point. She was fairly sure that there was nothing devious, dangerous, or trappish about the stairway or the figurines. That doesn't mean she doesn't first
Dice perc:
1d20+11 (11)+11 Total = 22
examine it, and then, walk by Walk Lightly Ninja Abilityas delicately as possible.

Last edited by Atalanta; Oct 1st, 2014 at 07:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 07:59 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Zu: The action figure is of high quality, the dragon less so. You note a little pull string for the engineer to say things, and the hand is clearly made to hold some sort of accessory. Said add-on is not here, leaving you to believe someone will step on it in the dead of night and say untoward words.

It is not trapped.

The bottom of the stairs has a similar door leading out into the chamber you were just in. A mop and bucket are under the stairs, but otherwise it is empty.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 11:23 PM
Vahnscraze's Avatar
Vahnscraze Vahnscraze is offline
That guy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2021
RPXP: 630
Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze
Posts: 1,689
Zerath quickly stood up in slight shock and amazement; he was right the bird was a signal!

Stupid bird! Zerath think it was a signal, now Zerath know it's a signal! Zerath must silence signal!
Dice To hit:
1d20+14 (18)+14 Total = 32
Dice Damage:
1d10+6 (6)+6 Total = 12

Zerath swipes at the bird, trying to crush it beneath his heavy claws.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 11:56 PM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Zu performed the same ritual of checking each door carefully before she opened it. Eventually she examined the two doors on the opposite wall as the one she tripped.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 12:44 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
oocCan I get a better understanding of the area? Is there a drawbridge, how far across is the moat and does the castle start immediately, or is there a flat area before the wall? Any windows? How many sentries?
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 03:00 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
OOCThere's a drawbridge which is raised, there's no land on the other side of the moat, both the left and right sides have 2 windows per floor(so 2x2, with 2 sides for 8 total). No sentries that you can see, other than stupidbird.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 03:26 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Peering at the drawbridge, she considers how to get it both down and them inside. In the end she thinks she can manage it, but chooses not to.

"So..." she comments to her companions, "Can one of you chew a hole in that drawbridge or something? I can get it down, but I want to save my magic for important stuff."
oocTranslation: I can burn it down with fireballs, but it will take 2-3. I can use a summon monster spell to break the chains, but I only have 2 prepared.

Can our flier get over there and chew a hole in it with brute strength?
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon

Last edited by Moridain; Oct 2nd, 2014 at 03:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 11:07 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Zu: These seem to lead further into the castle, and are slightly more ornate than the ones on the side. The one closest to the stairs is unlocked, the other is locked.

Zerath: You smash the stupid bird, and it falls apart in a smoosh of arcane toycraft. "MEIn leiben..." It sparks a little, then lies still. Victory?

The drawbridge is properly sturdy, though in the end it's still mostly wood. You're not sure how well he could get some chewing on(flat varnished surface), or if it would be even remotely tasty. Still, where there's a will, there's smashing doors repeatedly until they give up. Smash!
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 04:21 PM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Zu swiftly set to work with her
Dice disable device:
1d20+19 (15)+19 Total = 34
Dice stealth:
1d20+17 (6)+17 Total = 23
for Undetectable Sabotage
lockpicks, then slipped through the now unlocked door.

Last edited by Atalanta; Oct 2nd, 2014 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 09:56 PM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 8th, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,498
"I have no spells that would be of any real use in getting through that bridge. And Winter would need to be a lot closer to be of any use in destroying it. Unfortunately, he can't fly."

"Not that I'd be of much use against a drawbridge..." Winter muttered. He was loud enough that Opal and anyone else close by could hear.

"Right." Opal glanced at Zareth. "Would you be so kind as to set one or both of the explosives off on the bridge? I can come with you if you think you'll need the help. Or you can guard me while I set them up. Not exactly sure how to go about setting them off, but I should be able to determine decent locations for them." She knew that Winter wouldn't be thrilled about being left behind, but he couldn't fly and she didn't feel like towing him about behind her.
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 11:14 PM
Vahnscraze's Avatar
Vahnscraze Vahnscraze is offline
That guy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2021
RPXP: 630
Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze
Posts: 1,689
There! Stupid bird...now your magic is over! We should be safe from eyes for now.

Listening to the others, Zerath would nod. "You should setup; Zerath might set off explosives on accident." As amusing as that might be, and he might actually survive a blast of that magnitude (if just barely), he wouldn't want to risk it; not now with more fighting ahead. Now, if this was just them running away, he wouldn't mind trying to set it up, but that's another story.

Facing Opal, "I carry you or you ride on my back?" Whatever she decided, Zerath would oblige. (Unless you weigh 1,000 pounds, literally) Carrying her weight as easily as one carries a bag of groceries, he would spread his wings wide and
Dice Fly (in case it's needed):
1d20+9 (4)+9 Total = 13
fly as directed.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 01:51 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
left-aligned image
Zerath: You are now flapping near a drawbridge, while carrying a snake, and juggling two things of explosives. This can't go wrong.

Blow things up?

Zu: You slip into the left-back door stealthily, like a ninja of sorts. Oh wait! You are a ninja. That makes everything better. Your revelry is mildly interrupted by a *twong* noise, and the feeling of a suction cup dart sticking you in the forehead. "Gotcha!"

The room is a nice little den of sorts(20x30), with a couch, a closed door leading inward, a worn scrying mirror(long-distance calls are extra), and a small little creature. It's a pooka! No, pookas aren't that small. It's a pooka... kid? Also, he's got the most adorable little blue reptile wings, and claws that need a bit of a trim. And rabbits don't have lizard tails or horns... Oh dear.

...you feel you may have misunderstood the situation entirely.

For what it's worth, the little urchin has his dinky toy bow, and is stunned to see that you are not who he was expecting. "You're not the butler. Enemies!" He doesn't seem to get that this is probably hazardous to his health, but readies another suction arrow anyway. You're good target practice.
 
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Oct 3rd, 2014 at 01:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB