twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20941
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
As long as the story makes sense. If the story is weak/not well presented, I may nix the whole idea.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:05 PM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Another Unearthed Arcana Question:

I'm multiclassing. Can I go ahead and use fractional Save values? Without it, my WILL save will be complete and udder bollocks.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1380
JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor
OriginsDonovan Black

Note:

How's about this for 'story'? This is just his origins, what led to the start of his adventuring life. I'll have more on what he did as an adventurer when i can figure out how I want his build to go, since I'm debating on a swordsage/monk/warblade type build, a wuxia swordsman who uses a spell and sword to fight for justice and the shining light.

Last edited by JimRazor; Oct 6th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
@Irishking(and everyone else) No deal on fractional Saves. You multiclass, you roll with the penalties. As a general rule, and this goes for everyone, assume if it's from Unearthed Arcanna, I will say no. I have never liked anything from that book, and have yet to have that opinion altered with any evidence of it's usefulness.

There are far too many other books/sources that improved the game in superior ways. I understand some of you may not have access to those books. If that is the issue, please ask, and we may be able to track down whatever you are looking for.

@Jim That's a decent story. No need to describe what he did for adventures, just give me a story as to why he is in Evermere.

Last edited by Toba; Oct 8th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14929
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Oh, while the Tournament was going on Hiracin went around to various powerful merchants, renewing trade contracts et cetera as king of Redrock (boring talking for which I won't write about), and picked up some goodies for whoever is coming along , so add them to your Handy Haversack (if you don't have one, add one - everyone should have one):
* Mess Kit
* Magic Bedroll
* Replenishing Skin
* Everlasting Rations
I included what they are on my character page. Also, if you have a tent ditch it, we're covered.

He also beefed up his own gear (or rather, he skimmed down to meet tournament rules ).

Oh, and Sev will be paid half of decided amount up front, and the rest upon reaching Redrock, plus any extra.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Atalla... Hiracin's HP seems excessively low. I mean, at level 10, with a +3 con mod, on average you'd have at least 30 HP just from the con mod, let alone the average of 45 HP from rolled dice. 44 seems really low.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Totally different direction: so, we have five characters now, is that what we're going to be rolling with? Or does anybody want more?

EDIT: I'll go look at the Hp right now.

RC scored me a 1 on my character sheet round one, everybody. Just sharin'.

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; Oct 8th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
I'd like to stick with 5.

Also, this is a note for everyone, since I always forget not everyone does this:
1)I ignore small details, such as food/water, in the interest of focusing on more exciting details. Feel free to keep track yourselves if you like, but I will never call them into question.
2)Ditto for arrows/bolts.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, irish, do you have the book Stormwrack - Mastering The Perils Of Wind and Wave? It's essentially 3.5 for sailors. Some pretty cool feats and whatnot - I'm still looking at it.

Hey Toba, how much time can we expect to be out on the water? Like: some, a lot, all the time, not too much - something along those lines, maybe?
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
I wouldn't expect much. I'll do the perfunctory transitions for the sea voyage, maybe a surprise combat or two, but otherwise, yeah, I'll be streamlining it to get the group to the content I had lined up.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 05:24 AM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
I do have it, but have never looked at it much. I'll take a gander at it though now.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
I've been slow on getting Kiriel re-spec'ed. Sorry for the delay, hopefully I'll have her lined out today.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
OK folks. Let's clear some air here and figure out where we stand:

So, the group will start in Evermere, directly after the events of the Outplay. As I have heard, the Outplay has now wrapped things up other than final scores, so I'm just looking for confirmation that I can begin work on the opening game post for this game?

Is everyone ready for that?
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30904
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
I believe I'm ready to go.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1380
JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor
I'll need to finish my char sheet soon, but I can stick to RP in the mean while...