RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14929
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
I'm ready as well.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1380
JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor
Hmm...just need to figure out what I'm doing during the events of Outplay....also, what do I know about the threat that I can inform Hiracin about?
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:04 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20941
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Let me write a rough draft of the intro Jim, then I'll post some secret text for ya.

Time for me to try and glue this whole kit and kaboodle together lol.

Hopefully work stays slow this afternoon so I can kick out a doosy of a first post.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:30 PM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
For all intensive purposes, Sev is ready. Just need to polish 1 or 2 things, but he's good to go.

[edit] Polished.

Last edited by irishking7777; Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
It's 'for all intents and purposes', not intensive purposes.

Dammit, there's Captain Correct-O rearing his head again, sorry.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:25 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 05:33 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, gettin there for that first post. Having to re-read tons of stuff.

So, has Sev encountered any of the characters in the party before? I have strong tie ins for Kiriel, Jenna, and Hiracin. And by corrolation of story Donovan is tied in. I know how to get Sev in, just need to know if there is any familiarity.

Also, as to Jenna, did her mom ask her to take this quest up, or how is she entangled in the whole mess?
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30904
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Jenna would have agreed on her mother's encouragement, but she'd be eager to go regardless. I picture her having almost a sick enjoyment of being out adventuring.

I imagined Jenna and her party as freelancing adventurers. They just finished battling Zarn on the same day as the Outplay activity round (the second of those two posts I linked to). Jenna contacted her mom telepathically, and Lorelei told them to come to Evermere instead of Storm City. At the happy reunion that evening (but not actually detailed anywhere in a post) Lorelei would have brought up that now that they were finished with their current quest, she might have a lead on a new mission for them with Hiracin, which Jenna would be all excited about.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor
How about if Sev is the captain of the boat that Donovan got to Evermere on, and is returning with the captain as well. That, and since he is a member of the church, I doubt that the dear Captain Sev wouldn't try to scam or steal from a representative of the church of Pelor, not to mention said member's strange skills with a blade and spell...
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14929
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Well, Hiracin watched the others compete. In fact, because of that damn goblin, I think he'll remember Sev even though they've never met before. The eagle incident seems to stick in his mind for some reason...

Yeah, Jenna's the kind completely addicted to adventuring, and Ki wants exclusive access to my city for all the lore, and somewhere I mentioned that Redrock really doesn't have a lot of bards, so that's like striking gold. So if Donovan knew Sev, even briefly, that would tie us all together.

Also, Redrock doesn't have a navy, so maybe Hiracin would try to secure his patronage (not knowing what a bastard he is, of course).
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 03:33 AM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
By this time, it would probably be common knowledge in Evermere that Sev is looking for investors for his next excursion, but Sev has not met any of the other party.

Having short changed nations, I would not put short changing a cleric beneth him, it might depend on Pelor's relationship with Tymora and Olidammara. Olidammara might like it just for the fun (or "just for the craic." as they say here in Ireland)

Chuck, let me save you on the next one. I've always had trouble using "as" and "has" correctly. I blame the lazy accents of my Midwestern parents mixed with the California school system. I'm going to get them mixed up. Fact.

Toba, funny you should bring up Grammar Nazi's. A friend and I did a video in High School called "Grammar Gestapo" (Alliteraton is always better). I took an English teachers extra credit scheme (Grammar Police) to the next level.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
I don't usually go out of my way to correct folks on here, but there are some opportunities I just can't pass up. For example, if anyone ever says 'nip it in the butt' instead of bud I will point it out. 'Irregardless' will also bring out the good Captain. I have managed to keep him in check mostly because there are simply too many errors on a site full of writing to begin to try to correct them all, and also because I make my own mistakes and typos and can't cast all that many stones.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30904
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
When Facebook forced me to timeline, I made this as my first banner picture:

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
I am currently writing the opening post. I hope no one minds me taking a few liberties with their character to get a decent setup.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
No problems with taking liberties, though I'm still working on my build. I do have a question though, since the Arcane swordsage doesn't exactly have spell casting levels, would prestige classes that grant +1 to existing caster level/spells known boost his initiator and maneuver list instead? Because I was thinking of him going from arcane swordsage, then a dip into druid of Pelor, then prestiging into arcane hierophant, or possibly starting arcane swordsage, moving into warblade, then into eldritch knight, depending on how things go. But, both prestiges require the ability to cast spells, which I do as maneuvers, so...would my arcane maneuvers count as spells in order to qualify for eldritch knight or arcane hierophant or possibly for qualifying for feats like Acid Splatter?