RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1380
JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor
Just read the opening thread. Love it. Especially the pic, it looks just like what I pictured Evermere to be in my head.
One thing though, Donovan doesn't drink beer, he always has miruvor or elven wine. He has a low tolerance for alcohol (one of his few flaws), and prefers the lightness of elven brew, since it gives him the same jolt without overcoming him. That, and it tastes better too.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:54 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20941
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Ah, will edit that right now Jim. How's that char sheet coming? lol

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
So yeah, not that I see any secret text in this thread or anything but if you have something that you really don't want me to see please put it both in secret and behind a spoilerbutton indicating that it's not for me.

Thanks.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
Hey all. As Chuck is vastly familair with, it is my Friday afternoon. That means I'm a goner until Sunday night/Monday morning. And by goner, I mean six shades of schwasty usually.

So have yourselves a great weekend, and see ya later!

Cheers,
~Toba
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30904
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
The opening post is outstanding! One small thing is that Jenna has met both Kiriel and Hiracin. She was there for the telling of his story, but she could have easily not paid much attention, and there are any number of reasons Lorelei could have sent her ahead early.

Also, that's the best gif ever.

Have a good weekend!
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
Well, beer in hand, here I go a-editing! (Waiting for my friend to get here. lol)
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toba View Post
Ah, will edit that right now Jim. How's that char sheet coming? lol
Actually, I'm kinda waiting for your response to my previous post (reposting below):
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRazor
No problems with taking liberties, though I'm still working on my build. I do have a question though, since the Arcane swordsage doesn't exactly have spell casting levels, would prestige classes that grant +1 to existing caster level/spells known boost his initiator and maneuver list instead? Because I was thinking of him going from arcane swordsage, then a dip into druid of Pelor, then prestiging into arcane hierophant, or possibly starting arcane swordsage, moving into warblade, then into eldritch knight, depending on how things go. But, both prestiges require the ability to cast spells, which I do as maneuvers, so...would my arcane maneuvers count as spells in order to qualify for eldritch knight or arcane hierophant or possibly for qualifying for feats like Acid Splatter?
Just need this answered so I can finish my build and finalize my character sheet. I know I want to prestige, I just need some information on how to resolve that issue, mostly by asking if I can replace 'arcane spell casting/spells known" with "arcane maneuvers/stances readied/known", Or something like that. The ToB isn't very clear about that bit, and I was hoping you would make a ruling on it.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14929
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
That was an amazing opening. And the picture!

If I had any doubt (and I tend to carry some around in my pocketses, just in case) it has entirely evaporated. In fact, the air that it evaporated into spontaneously turned into a vacuum, which left me breathless for a few moments. Which is exactly what you were aiming for, right?

Breathless.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 08:42 AM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Great start. Very excited to get this started!
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 01:03 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRazor View Post
Actually, I'm kinda waiting for your response to my previous post (reposting below):

Just need this answered so I can finish my build and finalize my character sheet. I know I want to prestige, I just need some information on how to resolve that issue, mostly by asking if I can replace 'arcane spell casting/spells known" with "arcane maneuvers/stances readied/known", Or something like that. The ToB isn't very clear about that bit, and I was hoping you would make a ruling on it.
This will be very tricky. For now, I'll allow anything that gives +1 existing spell casting class to count as your swordsage levels. If anything improves your spells known, however, since the swordsage doesn't scale quite like anything else, we will probably have to say no to.

I'm not overly familiar with those prestiges classes you listed, but for now, ill allow anything that gives +1 existing spell class. I hold in reserve the right to go back on this should that become too game breaking, as the Arcane Swordsage is not a clearly defined class.

Try and keep it simple, as I feel like I have already gone through hoops allowing this much.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Nice move Irish. Ingenious.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Great. I was thinking, Arcane Swordsage to Warblade (to reflect his time as a chaplain in a small battle on the frontier), then a level in druidic avenger (he spent some time with some druids of Pelor in the Wild Wysterian Woods, learning to fight as the barbarians do, gaining some woodland experience, and a few healing tricks as well.) and probably finish in Eldritch Knight (reflecting his ability to blend magic and steel in a seamless motion). That begets me an Initiator Level of 9 i think (max manuever level of 5), with a decent amount of hit points, and with a mithril chain shirt, a pretty decent AC. That and with Weapons finesse and a rapier (mechanically at least, it looks like one of those wuxia straight swords), he's pretty good at close quarters.

And Irish, that was pretty smart. I could just see the look of shock and rage on the guys face when he saw what you just did.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Thank you, thank you. ;-)
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
I went ahead and posted again without waiting for Chuck, the sole reason being Chuck can get away with not posting often, since every post he does deliver is stellar; it's like playing baseball with a drunk Babe Ruth - when he hits, it's still spectacular.

Being a manly man, Hiracin would sit aorund all night waiting for Donovan to come over. But 1) the girls would convince him otherwise, and 2) Sev seems impatient, and I'd rather avoid barfights on page one.

EDIT: Jim, my attention span died out trying to understand your character. So does he do magic, does he hit stuff, a little bit of both, or just sit there with a smug look because he know's more than the rest of us?

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; Oct 15th, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 04:07 AM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
Sev had to respond, to make a correction before people made the habbit of not using his title while on his ship. I wanted to keep it short though so Chuck first post didn't have to respond to a thousand things.