Old Oct 15th, 2012, 09:40 AM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20941
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla Wanderer View Post
EDIT: Jim, my attention span died out trying to understand your character. So does he do magic, does he hit stuff, a little bit of both, or just sit there with a smug look because he know's more than the rest of us?
Think of him as an over complicated beguiler or hexblade. lol. It's roughly the same thing.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Yeah ok, just a reminder for those who don't know, I rarely post on the weekends. So rarely in fact that you might as well consider it never. I was hoping to get a post up Friday but didn't have enough time. I'm going to check the game thread now.

Also Atalla, I'm pretty sure you were complimenting me, but I've never been compared to a drunk Babe Ruth before and am not certain how to take that.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14929
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Take it as a compliment, as that was how it was meant.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
That took longer than anticipated, but it is done.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
Jim, you have any other questions on what Don needs to know to proceed? I'd rather not post it, since it is your character that looking for their aid, not an NPC.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
I'm glad to see everyone enjoyed the bar trick. Thank you for the kudos. If only outplay was done in the pub instead of an arena...
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 02:40 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
Well Jim, I'll give ya until Irish posts a reply to Ki outside on their walk, then I'm going to hop in the drivers seat of Donovan and push the game forward.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1380
JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor
Sorry, I've been out of town since Saturday when real life reared its ugly head and I was forced to take care of some family matters. I shall be able to post as soon as I am caught up reading what has transpired since I took off on Sunday.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 04:29 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good chief. Glad to see ya back.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Ooh, good point Jim - guess I'm a gullible king.

Irish, after the way you introduced Captian Sev Black I was expecting a picture of the Black Pearl to go up.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1380
JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor
Huh...I kinda figured the May Bree was a schooner, would look more like this:

Or it was a brigantine which in which case it would look like this:

Last edited by JimRazor; Oct 17th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 04:17 AM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
lol, Jim, I think the two pictures are more or less the same, Jus think mine has the sails down.

I was trying to go off the description in the books for a sailing ship. and something like a schooner is what it describes. I was in a bit of a rush getting the picture up so I know it wasn't exact.

The Black Pearl would be nice, but Sev would rate Speed higher than anything else. Plus you need somewhere to move up to.

[edit]As per the SRD

Sailing Ship: This larger, seaworthy ship is 75 to 90 feet long and 20 feet wide and has a crew of 20. It can carry 150 tons of cargo. It has square sails on its two masts and can make sea voyages. It moves about 2 miles per hour.

Last edited by irishking7777; Oct 18th, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishking7777 View Post
"Does an 18 hit?"
"No, an 18 hugs."
-An actual converstaion while player was under the effect of a "non-aggression" spell, trying to break out of jail.
Initial Response:

Where can I read this? I really wanna.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 10:05 AM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
Unfortunately it's not on the site. The good news is the DM took super good notes so it is written somewhere.

It was with this group of friends I played with regularly before I moved to Ireland. It was a homebrew game but drawled heavily from 3.5 with hints of Warhammer in there. The DM thought 3.5 was too ... everything so he came up with his own system. It was pretty cool. I'm trying to urge him to print it, along with the adventure itself.

... I have a bad habbit of telling more than people ask, so I'll try to keep it simple without too much back story. Feel free to ask though.

The Character system was kinda cool, It asked what you did (hit things, cast spells, or use bows for example) and how you did them (i.e. self taught skill, divine, and spirit) Spirit was kinda cool because you essentially had Spirit Totems, but when ever you channeled a particular one, you couldn't break their rules or you would lose the benefits.

So, due to recent events, the party, one of which used spirit power, found themselves locked away in a dungeon. It was particularly nasty. All cells were in a line, so to get to the fifth one, you had to go through the first 4, and vice versa to escape. Then at the end, there was a single staircase that lead up to above the cells where the guards were. So I'm trying to draw a picture of the guards patrol on top of the cells, able to pour or poke through the floor to the prisoners below. The key feature here though is ALL cells must exit through one single staircase at the end of the line.

A session of planning our great escape later, and we go for it. Through means available to us we're able to get the doors open, and go for an all out jail break. The Guards catch us halfway through and start dropping the spiked ceilings on us, trying to kill as many as they could, but that's another part of it. The important part is, for whatever reason, our Spirit guy had worked his way to the front of the line. He was first up the stairs and the only guy that could engage the guard at the top.

I can't remember the Spirit totems name, he was channeling, but the Spirit granted protection powers. Our guy, essentially could not be harmed while this spirit was active, the down side was he couldn't attack either. So imagine if you will, this guy at the top of the stairs, with 30+ prisoners (party included) wanting to get free pushing up behind him. Room getting scarce because spikes were being dropped on the back of the line.

So, we the players take a moment to figure out how we're going to deal with this. Should he attacks, the powers are dropped with penalty and he would surely be run through by the guard. If he doesn't, the rest of the party, stuck in the line, gets smashed by spike ceilings. So half the party dies one way or the other. Eventually, a lightbulb went off over one of our heads.

"What if he hugs the guard?" we asked the DM.
"Huh??" I think was his response. He was very much a DM that thought of everything. He was very good at what he did. Details were very important, and he always kept in mind what was happening in the world around the players as well as how the players were affecting the world. He was also very unrelenting. He very much had a no BS rule when it came to evil overlords. As a result, he made sure that things did what they were suppose to do, with the up most efficiency.

I digress, sorry. So anyway, we talk over this hug idea, and are able to convince the DM that the hug isn't an attack, if there is no ill will behind it ... or something like that. We even work out the rules for it (Simple grapple check, it wasn't that hard) So the Spirit player rolls his d20, adds modifiers, and asks ...

"Does an 18 hit?"
The DM, unable to hide the laughing smile for how silly the situation has become says "No, an 18 hugs." only being able to hold his laughter through half the sentence. So Spirit guy hugged the Guard then fell off the side of the staircase, onto some of us below, but made sure to absorb the fall damage for the guard. The rest of us were then able to get out of the cells and into the guard station and eventually break free.

And that's the story.

[edit] Actually, the DM of that game has an account on here, Etra, but I don't think he is actively using it.

Last edited by irishking7777; Oct 18th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
That is an awesome story.

The Spirit bit seems really cool, especially since Mizu is already wielding the elements when attacking, it would be another layer of complexity and opportunity for the monk. (Wrong thread, but whatever.)

I'm still reading and laughing at the evil overlord link, it's definitely going into my favorites.

So, if anyone else has awesome funny stories, please share.