Game Thread Chapter 2: Frozen Are The Flames - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2014 > True Damnation
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 10:36 AM
Toba's Avatar
Toba Toba is offline
We're All Mad Here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2021
RPXP: 20941
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Posts: 7,731
Jenna studied the carvings for a brief moment, her sharp mind quickly memorizing each glyph in turn along with the order and placement. Should she ever need to recreate them, she knew she could. A gift of a well honed mind to be sure.

Ki's attempts to decipher the meaning from the glyphs proved fruitless, though the basic idea of wolves, wolf people, and moons gave a solid indicator of some deeper meaning of lycanthropy. Other than that... yeah, bubkis.

While the two women studied the carvings, Sev studied their backsides. Well, not the posteriors of the ladies (though he had unabashedly done that more than once), but the back trail of the group. His glimpse of the figure left him 99% certain they were being followed, and by folks he'd rather not have following them. Living a life on the run as a pirate gave a fellow a sixth sense about such things.

The last 1% of certainty came delivered by missile, as it were. All three members jumped as a thick, wooden shafted arrow slammed into the tree Ki had just been studying.

From out of the storm behind them, wolfish howls from human sounding throats echoed back and forth. Whatever had been on their tail had decided the time for stealth was at an end. Figures began to apparate out of the blowing snow, their forms blurring with the white wall of powder, but visible none the less.

The groups first glimpse of their pursuers reminded them immediately of Olaf. Tall, muscular, and closely akin to humans. They wore furs similar to the groups own cloaks, yet far more skin than seemed healthy was exposed. Their eyes glowed a hot white, their luminescence visible even in the snowy conditions.

Of the three visible figures, two held bows, while one made gestures with his massive greataxe. Their intent was hostile without a doubt. It was time for the group to either fight, or flee.

OoCOk, there's three figures visible. Sev also can hazard a guess from his spot that a few more are moving about in the snow yet. Initiatives would be swell if you decide to stand. If you don't, we can forgo them for now, as this turns into a pursuit played by RP, cause running by mechanics is... boring. lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	59829  
__________________
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
GM: Echoes of Divinity II Player: The Lost Coast(Breck&Earl)

Last edited by Toba; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 10:48 PM
irishking7777's Avatar
irishking7777 irishking7777 is offline
yvan eht nioj
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2020
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Posts: 3,155
Rule #4 When the world has you by the balls, do something unexpected.

"Well, this was entirely expected." Sev said aloud to himself as he pulled a cigarette from his case. "There's three more surrounding us." he told the girls as he tucked the case away and put the cigarette in his mouth.

Sev looked over the "alpha" who was using his greataxe to demonstrate what fate he intended for the women folk. 'He's the one, I guess.' Sev thought to himself while he pulled out a tindertwig and put a light to his addiciton. Sev flicked the match into the snow and made a long show of the draw on what could very well be his last cigarette. Sev pulled the rollie out and slowly exhaled before putting the rollie back.

Then he did something he shouldn't have. He walked towards Alpha.

Puffing away, Sev slowly walked towards Alpha, who was still using his Greataxe as a blow-up doll, all while keeping his eyes locked on the Wolf-mans. 'Eyes never lie.' Sev didn't stop walking until he was close enough to smell the mut and see the colour of his teeth. Sev took another long draw on his cigarette before plucking from his lips again. This time though, his long exhale blew the smoke right in Alpha's face.

Of course, that's what he wanted the Wolf-men to see, that and the chance the hot smelly smoke might mess with his obviously well-honed senses. The important thing though was what was happening underneath his cloak, where his dagger lay hidden in his left palm. Plus he prayed to Tymora that the archers didn't dare fire on him where they might hit their friend. Sometimes when you gamble, you gotta lay it all down.

Sev placed the rollie back on his lips and waited for Alpha to make his move.

 
Combat VitalsInit: 22
HP: 41/41
AC: Flat: 19/ Touch 1624
SAVES: +7/ +11/ +5
__________________
Oct 28th, UPDATE: Things appear to be settling down. Returning to normally scheduled posting

Last edited by irishking7777; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 10:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 10:34 AM
Admin Chuck's Avatar
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck is offline
Big Muscles
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Posts: 17,451
Kiriel is deep in her study of the symbols on the tree, and sadly not coming up with anything worthwhile, that she is completely surprised by the arrival of the...other people...things. Unsurprisingly, her kneejerk immediate reaction is to cast a spell, one that she's cast hundreds of times before. Without thought the arcane words slip quietly from her lips, and she relaxes somewhat as the familiar enhanced speed settles over her. So attuned with this particular spell is Kiriel that her form blurs as the magical energy resonates through her.

"What are you doing, Sev?" the bard mutters quietly as the pirate saunters up to the apparent leader and antagonizes him. Almost certain that Sev's actions will result in a fight, Kiriel does that other thing that is expected of her; sing. Enhancing her always melodious voice with magical notes Ki infuses Jenna and Sev with strength of arm and heart.

Not knowing for sure how things are going to go, Kiriel stays by the tree for now and does not even draw her weapon. She is confident she can have it to hand quickly enough when the need arises. Her crystal blue eyes scan the surrounding woods for the other three enemies that are apparently nearby.

OOCKiriel AC 25, HP 57/57. F +7 R +16 W + 10. Any attacks made at Kiriel have a 30% miss chance due to the blur-like effect from Blurred Alacrity. Rolls and whatnot.
__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 10:34 PM
Ytterbium's Avatar
Ytterbium Ytterbium is offline
Lanthanide
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 30904
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Posts: 6,844
Jenna watched surprised (but by now not too much) at Sev's gambit. He's going to have a giant hole where his face used to be. Hmm, would that be an improvement? She didn't expect the brute to fall for his ruse, but given that they clearly had a fight on their hands anyway, she was willing to help it along. Hiding the power from the others, she reached out to the alpha's mind and gave it a good strong lashing.

The being's mind was alien to her, and Jenna couldn't help but feel like she wasted a great deal of the power's potential, but enough of the requisite connection had definitely been made. It would be time to wait and see whether her real power plus Sev's ruse (not that her opinion was at all self-centered) was enough to make them all back down.

As she rested her hand on the hilt of her blade, she couldn't help thinking how useful Hiracin would be right now. As they had left town, he had forgotten something (or so he claimed). He rushed back, insisting that the others go ahead, and that was the last they had seen of him.

OOCSpending 7 power points to manifest an augmented Ego Whip.
Alpha has to make a DC 20 Will save or take 3 points of CHA damage and be dazed for 1 round.
Even if he makes the save, he still takes one point of CHA damage.
This power is manifested with no detectable effect, although Alpha still knows it was me.
Dice.

Jenna:
AC 21, HP 58/58, PP 102/121, Psionic Focus: yes
Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +17
__________________
Become a Community Supporter
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 10:32 AM
irishking7777's Avatar
irishking7777 irishking7777 is offline
yvan eht nioj
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2020
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Posts: 3,155
The Standoff

Sev stood infront of his agressor, unflinching, the cherry on his cigarette growing long and ashy. The big burly man was easily a head & shoulders taller than Sev on a good day. His biceps bigger than Sev's head, and his thighs bigger than Sev's waist. If this was a fight of the tape, Sev was outmatched in absoultly everyway. A decent bookie might have given Captain Sev Black 100:1 odds if he felt a bit of pitty for the scrawny pirate treasure hunter. Odds that happened to tickle the fancy of a betting man like Sev Black.

The wind blew at their cloaks and the woods seemed to go silent. Underneath this white fur cloak, Sev tried to concel the silver dagger in his hand, the one he bought in town the previous day. With so many stories of were-wolves about, Sev didn't want to take any chances here. Sev's right hand rested at his side, in the open and plain to see, his golved hand ready to strike. Soon he began to feel his heart beat faster and that strange warm fuzzy feeling washed over him. "Ki, you're a doll." he thought to himself, knowing exactly what she had just done. Shortly after came her song. A little more baritone than Sev expected out of her, but no less pleasent to the ears.

Where Sev was ice cold, his opponent was a raging fire. He gave a signal to his two friends and they brought their aim down. It seemed even the barbarians understood the gentelmenly rules of a duel, rules Sev never played by, but still it was nice to see some culture this far north. Alpha was hooting and hollering in his native tounge. Screaming and slobbering, waving his weapon around and not being shy about showing what he intended to do with it... then there was his great-axe as well. Sev had no doubt about his fate should things go amiss.

"Amiss... this whole thing has already gone pear shaped. I'm hunting down some great vampire lord for some deposed prince and the c**t doesn't even have the gods-damned common courtesy to make the trek with us. Fecker is probably back at the tavern drinking... that's where I'd b-"

At that moment Sev noticed one side of Alpha's face begin to droop, and the burly man looked up to the ladies behind him. "Jenna, you mad woman." He'd remember to forget that part for the stories, but this was it.

Ki's singing was soon joined by the song of steel and the
Dice Perform: Dance:
d20+5 (7)+5 Total = 12
dance of death. Both blades bolted from beneath Sev's burly cloak. Sev lunged in and began harrassing the Wolf-man with a wall of castle-forged steel and Slint silver. The beast of a man was too slow and too confused to be able to parry all the blows. He hadn't even realised what was happening when the initial strike from Sev's rapier pierced flesh. The dance brought a few more cuts and scratches but the nimble pirate treasure hunter brought it home when he feinted with his dagger and ran Alpha through with his rapier, all the way to the hilt. Having pressed his attack as much as he could, Sev pulled his rapier out of his opponent and gave a sigh as Alpha only seemed ready to show him how they dance up here in the north.

"Feck me."

 

Combat VitalsInit: 22
HP: 41/41
AC: Flat: 19/ Touch 1725
SAVES: +7/ +12/ +5
__________________
Oct 28th, UPDATE: Things appear to be settling down. Returning to normally scheduled posting

Last edited by irishking7777; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: spelling & grammar errors
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Toba's Avatar
Toba Toba is offline
We're All Mad Here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2021
RPXP: 20941
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Posts: 7,731
There are dumb decisions. There are stupid decisions. And then are the decisions of Captain Sev Black.

One might call them lucky, but tell that to the barbarian staring in shock at the man that just stabbed him three times in the blink of an eye.

The Tribesman, axe still raised above his head poised to strike, could only stare as blood gushed from the wounds in his chest. The stillness was only broken when he coughed, and crimson foam bubbled forth. The axe fell dully to the ground, it's landing softened by the deep snow. He never broke eye contact as the light faded from his eyes, and soon his lifeless corpse dropped to it's knees. It keeled over, face first in the now stained snow.

Sev might have been just as shocked, for he was still cringing with one eye half shut. He had expected the axe to fall any second, and it never did. In the back ground, Kiriel's song carried over the howling wind. He knew he hadn't done this alone, but it was done.

One frosty barbarian down, who knew how many to go.

As if to remind him of their numbers, the two remaining barbarians gave a great, wolfish howl before losing two wild shots at Sev. The shafts sailed past him, causing no harm, but reminding him they weren't out of the woods yet. Or more precisely, not INTO the woods yet.

More calls answered from the blizzard, shrouded by the blowing snow. And over it all, one great voice, a deep baritone, answered the loudest.

Their troubles had just begun, it seemed.

OoCUse the same map as before, but remove the Barb in front of Sev. Cause ya know, he's dead and all. On to you folks!
__________________
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
GM: Echoes of Divinity II Player: The Lost Coast(Breck&Earl)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 08:12 PM
irishking7777's Avatar
irishking7777 irishking7777 is offline
yvan eht nioj
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2020
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Posts: 3,155
"Huh." Sev said in equal parts pride & befuddlement, as both the cherry on his cigarette and the massive barbarian fell to the snow. 'Tymora favours the bold, and that was as bold as it gets me thinks.' His glory basking was short lived as Alpha's friends didn't seem to found of the outcome of the duel and wasted no time calling in more friends and taking shots of their own.

Sev didn't like their chances trying to outrun the barbarians. Even with Ki's gifts of speed, it wouldn't be enough. This was their land. They would know every tree and exposed root while Sev and his crew ran blind. Even then, the range on those bows had to be pretty far and it would only take one to stop a man. No, they had to hold their ground, at least for a bit.

Ducking under the arrows, Sev glanced his surroundings, trying to get a sense of the battlefield. The last thing he needed was to let himself become surrounded... well, more than he already probably was. A quick peek back at the girls told him that they were still by the tree and if they were impressed with Sev's display of swordsmanship, they were hiding it well.

Looking back the the threats infront of him, Sev choose his next target. "You." he said. Flicking the blood off his rapier and sheathing it, Sev began to approached the barbarian on his right. But Sev was tactful. At sea, the positioning of your ship was arguably the most important aspect of naval warfare. It didn't matter if your War Galleon had 128 guns if you couldn't bring them to bear. Sev gave this man a wide birth for a few steps, putting him between Sev and the other archer, all the while keeping his gaze on his target.

When his positioning was adequate, Sev closed the gap and stabbed at him with the dagger in his off-hand.

 

Combat VitalsHP: 41/41
AC: Flat: 19/ Touch 1725
SAVES: +7/ +12/ +5
__________________
Oct 28th, UPDATE: Things appear to be settling down. Returning to normally scheduled posting

Last edited by irishking7777; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Admin Chuck's Avatar
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck is offline
Big Muscles
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Posts: 17,451
Kiriel dances back and forth from foot to foot for a moment, not sure if she should venture away from the relative safety of the forest or just let Sev handle the two archers. He has clearly demonstrated his capabilities to do so. Her mind is decided by the answering calls echoing from the blowing snow, and she takes off to back the Captain up and provide what support she can.

Her magically enhanced speed lets her cover the intervening ground in a flash, and like a strike of lightning her longsword flashes in the snow. A split second later the inevitable thunder cracks from the displaced air of her blade. Unluckily, her timing was off by a fraction and when the archer twitched from the scrape Sev landed with his dagger he accidentally got out of the way of her blade, which stopped just short of the pirate's nose. Ki mouths the word 'Sorry!' to Sev as she retracts her blade and falls into a defensive stance, waiting to hear the telltale twang of the archer behind her.

OOCKiriel AC 25 (26 vs Archer behind her, Dodge opponent) HP 57/57. F +7 R +16 W + 10. Any attacks made at Kiriel have a 30% miss chance due to the blur-like effect from Blurred Alacrity. Rolls and whatnot.
__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Ytterbium's Avatar
Ytterbium Ytterbium is offline
Lanthanide
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 30904
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Posts: 6,844
Seeing her allies charge one of the archers, Jenna decided to hang back and neutralize the other before all their furry friends arrived. Taking a step closer to put her weight behind the throw, Jenna briefly reached into the Astral Plane (an okay place to visit for a little while, in her opinion), grabbed a handful of the ectoplasm therein, and lobbed it hard at the unattended archer, coating the beast with almost all of the slime she had grabbed. One tiny rivulet of goo ran up her outstretched arm, seemingly determined to make it to her armpit as quickly as possible before it could be shaken off or absorbed into clothing. Every. Single. Time. This was an annoying side effect of the power at the best of times; here at the frozen ends of the world, it gave Jenna goosebumps.

In one swift move, she drew her falchion before mashing her right arm against her side to dry the cold ectoplasm, causing it to look like she was brandishing the big sword strangely – and perhaps threateningly, she hoped. In an ideal world, whatever reinforcements were coming would see their allies neutralized so quickly and simply turn and run the other way. Jenna was under no such delusions that would happen here.

OOCTaking a 5-foot step along the diagonal down and to the left.
Manifesting entangling ectoplasm at the bottom archer. If a 17 hits (ranged touch attack), he (she? it?) is entangled for five rounds. No save.
EDIT: I forgot about Haste. I guess I rolled a 20 instead of a 17.
Dice.

Jenna:
AC 21, HP 58/58, PP 101/121, Psionic Focus: yes
Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +17
__________________
Become a Community Supporter

Last edited by Ytterbium; Apr 6th, 2014 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Toba's Avatar
Toba Toba is offline
We're All Mad Here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2021
RPXP: 20941
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Posts: 7,731
Sev's blade drove deep into the shoulder of the frost born barbarian, drawing a propiotous amount of blood when he withdrew the blade. Crimson stained the snow at this moment, but that was about to change.

As Kiriel's efforts failed to slay the wounded barbarian, they both heard and felt the warcry coming from the blizzard. Sev scanned the snowy expanse, hoping to catch a glance of what was heading their way.

He caught just that, as battle axe grazed the stubble on his face. Looming out of the wall of blowing white came a another barbarian, this one donning a battle axe and shield. His armor was outfitted in fetishes and trophies, making it plain to see he was the apparent leader here.

Following his lead, two more barbarians charged out of the blizzard, one taking another swipe at Sev, the second attempting to cut down Kiriel. Neither was successful, as the axes found only air as both pirate and bard nimbly dodged their attacks.

During the chaos, the scout pinned between them attempted to make a break back into the storm. This proved to be a terrible mistake as both Sev and Ki were ready for just such a move. Blades pierced the frost folk like a pin cushion, both finding his heart. He was dead before he hit the ground.

The remaining archer drew his bow back, only to find himself fully entangled in an otherwordly substance. It coated his arms, his eyes, and even his bow. Growling in full rage, it turned it's bow upon the culprit, and loosed an arrow towards Jenna. It sailed wide, as the webbing made aiming extremely difficult for the scout.

The group now found themselves fully engulfed in a melee. Axes, bows, and blood were everywhere.

OoCOkay, War Leader has the red border. Otherwise, a series of absolute terrible rolls plagued my awesome raiding party. You all got lucky.

Also, I was in a rush, so Sev and Ki's AoO's may not have been entirely accurate, but they did the job. lol.

Give em hell!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	59877  
__________________
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
GM: Echoes of Divinity II Player: The Lost Coast(Breck&Earl)

Last edited by Toba; Apr 7th, 2014 at 05:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Admin Chuck's Avatar
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck is offline
Big Muscles
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 4th, 2021
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Posts: 17,451
Kiriel barely even registers slashing the archer as it tries to run away, so focused is she on the bigger badder barbarian as he comes roaring out of the snow and swings at Sev. She lets out an gasp as that monstrous ax shaves some of the stubble off the Captain's chin, but somehow manages to avoid the blow of the one who suddenly appeared next to her. Cut off the head... she thinks as a plan forms. Song of battle still infused with magic and pouring from her lips Kiriel smirks and a twinkle enters her eyes as the heat of battle pours more fully through her veins. The raven haired woman is perfectly capable of supporting her allies with spell and song from the back lines of a fight, but she secretly thrives on the adrenaline that comes with getting right up into the thick of things with blade in hand.

Covertly using her off hand to fiddle with her belt, the bard lets out a few half hearted swats at the nearest barbarian, lulling the strong but not so strong minded warrior into thinking that he is facing a weak women, which is an easy enough deception as that is exactly what Ki appears to be. Expectedly, the For lack of a better name.frost barbarian, lets go with a powerful sidelong swing, expecting to blast right through any defense that Kiriel might try to present. Turns out that the expected defense isn't there at all, as the wily bard used her opponent's attack to hide her own movement, ducking into a backwards somersault as the barbarian's ax passes harmlessly above her.

Finishing the flip with a quarter twist and coming to rest on her feet opposite the war leader, she winks once at Sev from under the massive creature's arm, and lays about the brutal warrior with three attacks, drawing a thick line of blood on the back of the man with each slice.

OOCKiriel AC 25 (26 vs If he lives.Leader or nearest opponent, Dodge opponent) HP 57/57. F +7 R +16 W + 10. Any attacks made at Kiriel have a 30% miss chance due to the blur-like effect from Blurred Alacrity. If the leader dude falls before Ki has used all 3 attacks she will change targets to the guy at the top. Rolls and whatnot.
__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 05:23 AM
irishking7777's Avatar
irishking7777 irishking7777 is offline
yvan eht nioj
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2020
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Posts: 3,155
To some men, a beard is for survival. Some places, like here in the far north, men would grow their beards out just to help keep warm and keep the cold winds of their cheeks. In some of the free states of the east, beards & facial hair was part of your status symbol. The more colourful & flamboyant your beard, the higher on the pecking order you sat. Then there were men like the good Captain Steven Black whose beard was a work of art. A carefully measured mix of stubble & precision goatee triming made for the "dashing rogue" look that he loved to sport.

You can imagine his annoyance then as the axe blow came down, knocked off his hat, scraped his ear, and shaved his right cheek.

"Ah, you som'bitch!" Sev muttered to himself. The reaver in front of him tried to move away but Sev stuck his dagger in the guy's back. He dropped to the snow and Sev turned to the leader. Sev waived his dagger around, to pull the attention to it, while he drew his rapier again. No one could ever anticipate the speed at which Sev could pull a weapon on them, and this barbarian was no different than that last. He never even saw it until Sev was pulling the tip out of his body, the initial strike finding flesh with ease. It then turned into another
Dice Perform: Dance:
d20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17
dance of death, with an angrier tempo, as Sev turned into another whirrl of steel, silver, and cloth.

When his steps were done, he pulled back a step. If he could get these guys to trip over themselves on their way to him, all the better.

 

Combat VitalsHP: 41/41
AC: Flat: 19/ Touch 1725
SAVES: +7/ +12/ +5
STATUS: Haste, Inspired
__________________
Oct 28th, UPDATE: Things appear to be settling down. Returning to normally scheduled posting

Last edited by irishking7777; Apr 8th, 2014 at 05:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Ytterbium's Avatar
Ytterbium Ytterbium is offline
Lanthanide
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 30904
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Posts: 6,844
"Heh. You missed," snarked Jenna at her target. Her companions were making quick work of the other barbarians, and while they weren't out of the woods yet (technically, they weren't even in the woods yet), so far this was just a minor annoyance. The river of blood ran bright and smelled terrible, but her friends were unharmed.

Sev's beard didn't count. Beards were so unattractive.

Jenna saw another body go limp out of the corner of her eye. I need to step up my game to keep up with those two. Fortunately, I can do that from a distance. Jenna's ego demanded that she permit the power's loud noise to sound, but prudence won at the last second – sort of. She tried to keep the power silent, but the deep boom slipped out, centered on Jenna, a full two seconds before the power activated. As Jenna stood looking confused about what had happened (and slightly embarrassed at having produced the unintentional bass note), her wide open eyes suddenly glowed a bright deathly gray, and the slimy archer twitched.

OOCManifesting psychic crush on the archer at the bottom and spending psionic focus to use the greater psionic endowment feat to up the save DC by 2. The archer has to make a DC 23 will save (with a +4 bonus) or fall unconscious and dying at -1 hit points. Even if it makes the save, it still takes
Dice Damage:
3d6 5, 1, 5 Total = 11
(11) damage.

Concentration check for silent manifesting = fail. The power still works, just not quietly.

Jenna:
AC 21, HP 58/58, PP 93/121, Psionic Focus: used this round
Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +17
__________________
Become a Community Supporter
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Toba's Avatar
Toba Toba is offline
We're All Mad Here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2021
RPXP: 20941
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Posts: 7,731
It's amazing how surprise takes on a whole new level of intensity when it erupts from the chest cavity of bravado. And none knew this better than the War Leader Grok, though he had only moments to notice this amplified emotion before his heart ceased it's beating.

Sev's sword and dagger combo made ribbons of the warleader's flesh, and Ki's opportunistic thrust dropped the finale's curtain on the armored barbarian.

With a speed born of magical enhancement, Ki spun in steel whirlwind of death. The predator turned prey as her blade struck twice, leaving the latest axe wielding frost folk bleeding from two massive gashes. His eyes yet gleamed, though the malevolence had now given way to fear.

A great Thrrrrrrppppppp ripped through the air, and the remaining scout crumbled where he stood as a massive brain aneurysm erupted in his mind. Jenna looked on, aware and satisfied with the work she had done. The blood now dribbling from the man's eyes and ears evidence her blast had worked.

The war party had been reduced to two raiders, one of them a bleeding, sorry mess. The two folks' eyes met, and each could see their fates if they continued in this blunder. The wolf had sought sheep, and instead found a dragon.

They turned to flee, one of them easily slipping into the snow storm to disappear. The second carelessly turned his back upon Sev and Kiriel, a mistake that cost him his life. Kiriel, content to let the man flee, sheathed her blade. But if there is one rule in all the world, it's never turn your back on a pirate. Sev's blade punched home, ending the man's flight after only a single step.

The only sounds now were the howling of the continuing storm. Beyond that, the trail into the woods beckoned them, as did their quest to locate Varrequez's library.

OoCWelp, that went well! Backslaps and hoorahs all around. I leave the game in your capable hands once again!
__________________
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
GM: Echoes of Divinity II Player: The Lost Coast(Breck&Earl)

Last edited by Toba; Apr 9th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 09:48 AM
irishking7777's Avatar
irishking7777 irishking7777 is offline
yvan eht nioj
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2020
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Posts: 3,155
As the Reaver fell, Sev spotted the last barbarian making a break for it. "Sorry, buddy. Just Business." he said to himself as he dropped his weapons to pull out his hand crossbow. Some might call it cruel, or ruthless, but Sev was never one to see things as others did. Sev tracked the runner and just as he disappeared into the snow, Sev let loose. If it hit it's target or not, Sev didn't know. Any grunt of pain would have been eaten by the wind.

'You'll thank me later when your tribe doesn't kill you themselves for cowardice. You can't run home from a fight unwounded and expect people to believe you did your best.'

With no other words spoken, Sev let his hand crossbow rest at his side and picked up his dropped blades. Wiping the blood off, he sheathed them. Flicking the last of his cigarette to thie snow, he turne towards the slain bodies and did what a treasure hunter was suppose to do... search them for anything of value.

Sev wasn't a vulture though. For him it was just business, and it was always good business to never upset the gods. When Sev had finished frisking the bodies and taking his earnings, he always made sure to leave them two coins for the ferry and leave them laid out respectfully. Laid straight with legs together and arms crossed over their weapon on their chest. Sev had won the day, there was no bonus for being a dick about though.

When he was all finished he turned to the girls. "Shall we?" he asked as he motioned to the woods of the werewolves.

OoCDICE
__________________
Oct 28th, UPDATE: Things appear to be settling down. Returning to normally scheduled posting

Last edited by irishking7777; Apr 10th, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB