Notices

Old Jan 10th, 2018, 09:08 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Welcome to you too Jazz

Sounds like we are going to have a lot of fun, or trouble, or well isn't trouble always fun?
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 11:06 PM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
I owe you guys some responses and feedback! Bear with me...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 01:36 PM
The Sword of the Spirit

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21079
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Sweet! We have a Dwarven Fighter who can share the front lines with my Paladin, a Ranger who sounds like more melee than ranged (just a guess ), and a Rogue. The group is filling out nicely!

Kapera - I love the Unchained Rogue. I am playing one, a Halfling with a spiked chain, in a TableTop game. He is level 14 and can do some nasty damage with a Sneak Attack. With at least two frontline PCs you should have ample opportunities for flanking .
I'm assuming you are still working on your character sheet, but I thought I would point a couple of things out. Be sure to update the XP entry to put you at HD 2 (CL 2), it helps with auto fill on the sheet. Also, don't forget to fill in the Base Saving Throw values for your level and your BAB. You only need to put the BAB in the melee box and it will auto fill the others. You probably already know all that it, but I figured I would just throw at a little reminder.

<DM>Temple of Elemental Evil - Pathfinder
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 03:07 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Engr and no...no I don’t already know that, and will probably understand what you just said when I am not on my phone and thus can look at the sheet while reading this too. I am still finishing the sheet, hoping beyond hopes to be done tonight, it just takes me a while, though not as long as the first time like three months ago.

But!

Hi, my name is Kapera and I am still new to Pathfinder. I have come a long ways with making sheets, but for the love of all that is holy, maps are horrifically confounding me and I apologize in advance for asking the same questions over and over.

Phew now that is off my shoulders I feel better.

I do like how the group is shaping up, it looks like a fun mix to put out there together.

Last edited by Kapera; Jan 12th, 2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
I can attest to the front line idea. That is what I aim for. We'll make a pretty couple in shiny armour and voluminous great beards. You (Arrun) do have a shiny armour and a great beard right, Engrinaz?

I am waiting for Gondsman to comment on a few background changes and I should be able to put Solomon's bio and sheet up.
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 03:42 PM
The Sword of the Spirit

Tools
User Statistics
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Kapera - Don't worry about asking questions, we are all here to help each other enjoy the game. Anything I can help with, I'm more than happy to.

Dressedtojazz - Shiny armor , great beard . But, he may start growing one after he sees Solomon in action!

Old Jan 13th, 2018, 03:32 PM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Alright! I'll finish looking at character sheets and so on this weekend, but since everyone seems to be wrapping up, I've opened up the game thread. If you like, go ahead and post your introduction/arrival at your meeting with Captain Marta.

I leave it up to you all just how long you've been with the Wayfinders, but it probably wouldn't be more than 2 years at the longest, considering that many of your characters were occupied by the war. If you've only been a member for a few months, that's fine as well. I may have mentioned this before, but membership is by invitation only. At some point in the past couple of years, your character may have aided a Wayfinder, caught their attention through deeds and exploits, or performed admirably after being hired for an expedition and subsequently earned an invitation to the prestigious organization.

The Wayfinder Foundation was created by the halfling adventurer, Lord Boroman ir'Dayne. His exploits are the stuff of legend, but nowadays, he rarely leaves the Wayfinder Conclave in Fairhaven.

If you need more specific details or have any questions about anything at all, ask here, in-character, or in your private threads and we'll work them out!

Here's to a great game!

Old Jan 13th, 2018, 04:00 PM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
Also, I moved some furniture around! Your private threads are now in the Private Threads folder.

Old Jan 17th, 2018, 10:33 PM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghir’Was
The sun and moon would still dance, as they always did, in the sky above.
I heart this line to pieces, but it brings another Eberronism to mind. Eberron has 12 moons, one sun, and a ring! Not all of the moons dance at once, but they will still dance, as they always did.

Great post, Stannach!

Old Jan 18th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
well... maybe he has a favorite moon... lol. thanks
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 09:08 AM
The Sword of the Spirit

Tools
User Statistics
Just as an FYI, as a Red (staff member), I can see all the secret text in posts. To prevent me from seeing stuff not intended for me, you will want to include a spoilerbutton within the secret text. I would have to actually click the spoilerbutton to see the text, thus helping me avoid seeing stuff I should not.

Here is an example (I included everyone so you could all see the secret box):

Here is the format:
[SECRET="mad_gondsman, ruffdove, DressedtoJazz, Stannach, Kapera"][SPOILERBUTTON="Example spoilerbutton"]Here is where your text goes.[/SPOILERBUTTON][/SECRET]

Old Jan 18th, 2018, 09:26 AM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
Heh I GM a red myself... I just tell everyone to post private stuff in private forums most often, but that works too
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 09:44 AM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
Good call, Engr! I even forgot as much and secreted some info not-so-secretly.

As soon as you’re all ready to embark on your quest to find Taurac’s McGuffin, let me know and I’ll set the scene for the next act.

Since you aren’t leaving Sharn, you will have an opportunity to grab a few things once you get a better idea of what you’ll be dealing with.

There will also be a few hours of downtime between this encounter and the next, so if there’s something within reason that you want to accomplish during that time, we can hand-wave it.

Old Jan 18th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Gotcha! Thanks all, that's actually the info I was looking for. When and how to handle that sort of thing.
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 10:54 AM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
Just wondering if it is easier to talk here about anything anyone feels they really need for this to shop for... if people take Ky up on her comment to spread the money where best needed? It is the kind of thing tabletop you just debate for five mins, but PbP makes it longer.