Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Shadows of the Last War
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 19th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
I think we can all agree that a wand of cure light wounds though is definitely worth the investment, right?
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 09:55 AM
The Sword of the Spirit

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21079
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
I think we can all agree that a wand of cure light wounds though is definitely worth the investment, right?
I would agree.

<DM>Temple of Elemental Evil - Pathfinder
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 09:56 AM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Tweaked last post cause Eng ninja’d me... I think we are ready for the time jump, after which lets get us some CLW going

Edit:
For expediency...if neither Ghwar or Arrun take their coin... Ky will more than willingly pocket it all and yes, will still chip it in for some items as needed, I am laughing though, at this rate Marta is going to think Ky set this up so she would get all the coins...

Last edited by Kapera; Jan 19th, 2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 11:23 PM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
So speaking of the Eberron experience, hehehe...

As I may have mentioned, religion isn't quite the force it is in other settings because the gods, apart from the Silver Flame or the Undying Court (which aren't gods at all), may not actually exist and clerics are exceedingly rare, even within Thrane. This plays into the dragonmark-dominated industry picture... notably the halflings of House Jorasco, many of whom have the Mark of Healing. House Jorasco is actually the number one stop for healing for those who can afford it... not the churches.

That said, you have a paladin of the Silver Flame in the group, so could conceivably purchase a wand of Cure Light Wounds from a contact within the church. The catch is thaaaaat... an attended shrine or church dedicated to the Silver Flame is not a marketplace and those types of resources are guarded and used almost exclusively for their faithful... not for sale or public consumption. Some within the church may not be above selling resources for profit, though...

So the good is that Arrun could buy you guys a wand. The bad is that it could be considered unethical and Arrun seems like he might enjoy smiting people.

The bottom line, though, is that I'm not going to stop you from purchasing one! I just want you guys to know that it's kind of rare and if you didn't have a paladin in the group, you'd have to settle for buying potions from House Jorasco. Also, we're only two posts in and the paladin already has a moral quandary to deal with, haha...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
A paladin without moral quandaries is just a fighter who goes to church on Christmas and Easter. Let his moral issues begin!! Sidenote: I'm enjoying playing by post again so thanks all! it's been a while!
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 10:53 AM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
*dies laughing* I suppose we should let him decide a moment whether he goes and gets a wand or... potions?

And here I was waiting for the first time Ky goes and does something a bit... nefarious and how that would get taken, and here we are, not even out of the gate and the poor guy. Yep, this is fun.

Also I don't have anything else really to add at this point that makes sense to post up... so we can move along and let Arrun decide what to do...

Last edited by Kapera; Jan 20th, 2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 11:45 AM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Okay, I've got a couple of posts to work on. I'll start sketching that one together. My process goes something like: think about it for a day, write a whole bunch, stare at it for half an hour, delete half of it, re-write/cut and paste, stare at it for another half an hour... post... edit it three times.

So I'm not fast at posting, is what I'm saying, hehe.

Old Jan 20th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Dont feel bad... my method is goes like this:

Type a bunch, think of a thought / idea I want to use. Forget something like what skill I was using, feat i had. Hit back button, lose everything I wrote. get mad, walk away and do the same exact thing 2 hours later.
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 01:40 PM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
Hehe, that's a lesson most newcomers learn the hard way! A lot of times I'll craft my posts in gmail where it autosaves... plus I can access what I've written from my phone if I have to go somewhere and be bored. Then I paste it in here and add the tags/code.

Composing posts here in the site is adventurous, to say the least!

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Jan 20th, 2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: PHONE POSTS ARE THE WURST.
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 02:38 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
Wow I feel guilty... I just open a tab for all the posts I owe anywhere, GM ones at the front and work my way through them. I just write until I am done, re-read, re-read again, cross check a few rules, harass question Beez on discord, or idi or elf... make sure I am doing it right, hit send... flail, edit some lil thing and then cross fingers I made sense.
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapera View Post
Wow I feel guilty... I just open a tab for all the posts I owe anywhere, GM ones at the front and work my way through them. I just write until I am done, re-read, re-read again, cross check a few rules, harass question Beez on discord, or idi or elf... make sure I am doing it right, hit send... flail, edit some lil thing and then cross fingers I made sense.
I'm sorry but that post made no sense.
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 01:10 PM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
I forgot to add a note, but your resident shifter meteorologist was not able to predict the storm, given its other-worldly origins.

Your character may not know this without a few ranks in K (Planes), but Eberron - like other settings - sits on the material plane. Where it differs, however, is the There are similarities, but for the most part they are separate from your the alignment-oriented traditional-DnD planes like Nine Hells, Carceri, Ysgard, Arcadia, etc...other planes of existence seem to orbit the material plane. As these planes draw closer, they infuse Eberron with aspects of the approaching plane. For example, when The Endless NightMabar approaches, shadows in Eberron appear darker, the days are shorter, and spells that affect darkness are empowered.

In addition to this "orbit" of planes, some areas within Eberron are known "manifest zones." This means that the effects of a particular plane are permanently imprinted upon Eberron. Sharn is the most famous of manifest zones as it shares qualities with the Syriana, the Azure Sky. As such, magic affecting levitation or flying is empowered... which is how the skycoaches operate and how Sharn's many towers remain afloat. One may notice also that the higher one ascends in Sharn, the bluer the sky becomes.

Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 03:26 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Our tavern owner... It's well known he is Brelish military? Are there things that would indicate it on the walls etc? Seeing as I'm former Brelish military, anything i would recognize? Want a roll?
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 04:00 PM
dad_gondsman

Tools
User Statistics
Sure. Given Ghir'was' background, he could absolutely know him by reputation. I'll secret you a few details about some possible rumors of his exploits.

Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 05:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Hey people. Sorry for my slowness. I will try to get around here the next days, but I've fallen behind hard after nearly a week of no posting.