Game Thread The Forgotten Forge - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Shadows of the Last War
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 01:46 AM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 14th, 2021
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,068
Kova YarabreeKova caught Ky's wink and smiled jovially. "Oh, I can't take credit for it, love! Just admiring is all," he whispered under the rumbling exchange of the dwarf and beast-man. Then he rapped his knuckles on the carving and turned his attention to Marta.

Ancient Sharaat? Not so exotic--or certainly distant--a place as I'd hoped but an interesting one to be sure... and one I've never been to. The history lesson rolled through his head easily, it was mostly well-worn ground for him. At the mention of Turac's Hammer and the Temple of Onatar, Kova
Dice Knowledge, History:
1d20+7 (6)+7 Total = 13
Dice Knowledge, Arcana:
1d20+7 (17)+7 Total = 24
cast about for everything he knew on the subjects. Even before Marta said so, he knew the hammer was the objective of the mission.

As Marta wrapped up the briefing, Kova snatched twenty Galifars up from the pile and pondered what to buy with it. As the others began to stir, he chimed in: "The Gray Gargoyle! I know it. Not a bad place considering they're not in the Hosteler's Guild. Run by an old soldier and has that kind of feel to it. Most of you would like it, I would think." From there he quickly and concisely imparted the Inn's exact location relative to the closest and most universally known landmarks. "As for the mission, Captain Marta, no questions here. Seems the Provost will be our guide here."

OOC
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Solomon SaltDeepset dwarven eyes nailed the beast as he spoke and so briskly assumed that Solomon had any unspoken desire of eating or drinking. His rough lips became a thin line. Time would tell if there was any reason behind the tumble look and the rough demeanor, but Solomon had the notion - partly due to the words just uttered by Ghir'was - that there was more primal beast to the being than civilized man. He did not answer the philosophic rant.

Stout meant still - and by the whole host, Solomon was still as a rock as Captain Marta gathered her senses and showcased another case of efficiency. There was a mention of Dhakaani and the outcasts that had controlled the empire, when Solomon's statue-like facade broke into a scolding frown and he shifted the weight slightly from one foot to another. When Marta finished her speak, he uttered his hope and concern, The mission is understood. There might be artifacts and relics of the lost city in those depths, Solomon started, his voice a rough bass, how are those things to be considered? Are we entitled to keep what we find? There was a brief moment for Marta to answer his question before he turned to the next question. If possible an even higher prioritized subject, You mentioned goblins. Are there any testimonies as to what we might encounter down there?

Solomon was a practical dwarf and after he had witnessed - with disapproving scowls - two greedy attempts at bringing unearned riches to empty pockets, he sighed audibly and started counting out the remaining sixty Galifars in equally proportioned stacks. By the time he had fifty-nine, the table was neatly organized with the papers stacked to one side and all the coins gathered in three (almost) equally sized stacks. He eyed the shifter with a piercing dragon glare, then it occurred to him that the fault could have been with the other culprit too and he offered him an accusing glare too - for good measures. He was about to say something that undoubtedly would have put the team spirit under pressure when he noticed the leather purse and the metallic shine in its opening. Aha! he exclaimed with more than just a hint of relief, offering the coin itself the worst glance of them all.

When he hit sixty his thick-fingered hands shoved one third to Arrun, another third to the rogue dame and kept the last third before him. He had decided to be the last one to purse the coins, in the event that anyone had objections.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 09:15 AM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
dad_gondsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,759
“Provost Golden will assess the historical significance of items recovered during your delve. Also, he alone knows the location of the lost temple and what you may encounter,” Marta answers, her eyes narrowing as the group splits monies meant to outfit the group. She says nothing of the matter, though

”Work together. Make his safety a priority. It would reflect poorly upon the Foundation if something happened to him while entrusted to your care...”
__________________
Tentatively getting back to it...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
Ky RavsenKy frowned slightly as she took in the description of just what the job entailed. Easy money, she would reference that to mean short distance from now on. Each fact, mention and phrase she ticked off in a mental box, there was clearly more beneath the surface of what had been just said and she was not going to make any assumptions about any of it. It would be one of the few times the rogue woman would sit silent, dark eyes watched each as they in turn took ‘their portion’ and then in the end, the dwarf as he counted out the rest. A faint smirk creased the corners of her lips as she unfolded her arms and stretched herself out in a near outlandish motion, though her eyes never left the Captain.

"I don’t suppose it might be a logical choice to assess just what we believe we need for this venture and then apply our funding as needed? Hmm I would hate to be short on our dear Kova’s spell components or say lovely ah, Arrun was it? Yes lovely Arrun here be short a much needed sword while say I have one too many daggers and way too much ale carted about?" Her tone was light, velvet even with a small laced trail of humour, though beneath the gentle surface, a ghost of deadly seriousness was evident in her eyes, eyes that never left the Captain. "My apologies Captain, I should have first thanked ye for the information, and we shall take it at your word that our guide will have more to offer us in regards to even the most vague idea of just why a retrieval team may be required." While the words may have been the paramount of polite, the slight amused, acidic tone beneath as she called out what she felt was the most ‘glaring’ issue was laid out for all to hear.

It pained her to push the pile of coins so carefully counted out back into the middle of the table as she rocked forward on her chair once more. It more than pained her, such shiny coins nearly cried out for her to scoop them up, but what point were sixty coins if they did not make it to the end goal of the three hundred. Survival had taught her much in the way of patience, hold for now to get more later, and that, for now, aided her in the actual carry through of rejecting her coins for the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Solomon SaltSolomon followed with interest how the sneaky git was pushing back the stack he had so neatly arranged for her to have. It took some time to get the puzzle within his mind working. He had judged her to be just as greedy as the two others and only a sloth-like slowness of a young mind was causing her to be slower than them to pry out her prize, but now she had messed that illusion up. Wench!

Solomon snorted and tapped the table, Sovereigns be damned if he would have to admit that the woman was right, For the love of all that is good, woman, he exclaimed wildly, the least you can do is to carry your weight like everyone else... he had never imagined the job appliance to end up with him scolding some thieving girl for not taking her share of the unearned gold, but here he was and Solomon had counted out the damn coins already. Nothing to do about that now. He tried to negate his briskness by elaborating, if we end up in a situation where a larger amount of Galifars is needed, we can only hope that all are honorable enough to pool in with their swiftly looted parts too. His words were icicles in the dark room, running parallel with his thinly veiled accusatory glares to Ghir'was and Kova.

He felt like he had said words that was indisputable and closed the case, so he stepped back and waited for Arunn and Ky to fetch their stacks before he did the same and followed the group to the Gargoyle destination.

Last edited by Dressedtojazz; Jan 18th, 2018 at 03:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 07:27 AM
Stannach's Avatar
Stannach Stannach is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Posts: 422
Ghir'WasGhir'Was paused as the others spoke. He didn't understand what the fuss was about "Solomon Salt of the Noldrun Clan, if you are poor and need coin why is it that you do not ask?
Why hope that others give before asking?
" The Ursa like shifter reached into his pack and pulled a small bag of coin out. He threw it on the table.There is one hundred more for you. Coins are not why Ghir'Was works.

He tilted his head to the side as he watched them all. He never understood the other races well. Too much effort to make weapons shine bright, or clothing to look clean. Always trying to impress each other with baubles,
with trinkets. It was one reason he preferred the deep wood. There were no such complications there.
Hunt, eat, survive. What more did these shortlings need?

Last edited by Stannach; Jan 19th, 2018 at 07:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 08:40 AM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 14th, 2021
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,068
Kova YarabreeKova chuckled gently. "Swiftly looted, slowly looted, what's the difference? In the end I see you got your twenty as well, didn't you Master Salt? If the key to honor is sluggishness, then I'm afraid you'll find none in me.... though I think there's more to honor than slow hands and hasty judgment. Of course if the party wishes to throw in for a piece of equipment of mutual benefit I'll gladly pitch in my twenty and more if need be. We lack the company of a priest I see, so I'd gladly throw in for magic to heal our courageous warriors." He paused by the table and reached for his purse.

OOC
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 09:22 AM
EngrInAZ's Avatar
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ is offline
The Sword of the Spirit
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 9th, 2021
RPXP: 21079
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Posts: 11,306
Arrun Corliostor
Arrun stood stoically as he waited for the information about what their job would entail. He shook his head, 'What is his name…Gar…Gurl…Gir…. Ah, will have to work on that.', when Ghir’Was expressed a part of his philosophy of life. Never being one to hold back when he disagreed, "To eat when it is unnecessary is a sin of excess…gluttony. It is a selfish act to take what is not needed. Filling your belly will not satisfy you when you are starving your soul."

Arrun listened intently as Captain Marta explained their job, to seek out a religious artifact. Now that was a worthy mission Arrun, even if it wasn’t directly for the Silver Flame. He
Dice knowledge Religion about Onatar:
1d20+4 (14)+4 Total = 18
searched his memories for any information he could recall about this god, Onator. Arrun was willing to assume there wasn’t any evil associations involved in this venture, "Captain Marta. I accept the commission. Nothing will happen to Provost Bonal Geldem." He was leery of the lack of specifics, hopefully this Provost had the details he wanted.

Arrun looked quizzically at Ky when his name was mentioned. He had never heard the descriptor lovely applied to him, even in jest. Given her tone, Arrun was uncertain if it given in warmth, or a form of mockery. He shook his head, affectionately tapping the longsword at his belt, "I am well armed." Arrun waved away the coin as Solomon divvied it up, "I thank you but I am not in need of the coin and it may be better served elsewhere.". He nodded in acceptance as Ghir’Was stated his lack of need for coin, 'Maybe not as self-centered as I thought.' He gestured towards the coin purse as he looked at Solomon, "If you are concerned about the extra weight of coins, I can easily carry them."

In response to Kova’s suggestion, Arrun offered agreement, "Yes, as Kova has noticed, we do not have a priest. As one of the Purified, I have been granted modest healing powers. But, I agree with Kova, some additional healing magic would be most welcome. We should use this gold as it was intended, to outfit the group." He shook the pouch that hung at his belt, its contents jingling, "I have additional gold that I will contribute to the purchase of healing magic."
__________________
Slowly working my way back.

<DM>Temple of Elemental Evil - Pathfinder
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
One moment Ky took a measure of pride in herself for being reasonable in her approach, the next altered into a momentary war not to reach across the table and strike the buffoon of a dwarf. Had he just insulted her for her gender, or race, or a combination of both? Ky was not entirely sure which part of her being seemed to have brought on the insult, though the flash of fire in her eyes suggested the insult had been taken. First rule of Wayfinders, do not stab your new bastard of a companion in front of the Captain. Ky was not sure this was an actual rule across the board, but it seemed that it ought to be a rule now that she thought of it.

A steeled expression as she glared at the dwarf and ignored the others as she slowly, very slowly stood up and accentuated the fact she was the third tallest in their group before she very slowly and deliberately reached over to pick up her share of the coin, one piece at a time until she had herself counted out the twenty. Never once did she break the glare fixed on the dwarf but neither did she speak. Or stab the jerk, Argrim would be proud Ky, very proud... A slight flinch as the hulk of a man-beast dropped his own purse on the table, though she held off until the last coin was carefully placed in her pocket.

Slender fingers reached out to snatch the new bundle of what she assumed were probably equally shiny coins, though under the gaze of Marta, she turned her back on Solomon and held the pouch back toward Ghir’was, Ghiris? The owner of said purse, she was going to need a second go on that one’s name. "No need as of yet, let us wait on what our guide has to say and then consider if any have further needs to best prepare?" Ky’s voice was tighter this time as she spoke, though she managed to not add on the rest of her sentance regarding weights, both the heavy and the dead. Ky doubted anyone other than the Captain and Kova would find humour in it, and even then the Captain was unlikely to be impressed with any touch of gallows humour. Once the purse was returned to Ghir, Ky looked back at the table, and with a slightly dramatic sigh, scooped up the coins counted for Arrun and held them out for him in her cupped open palms. She had better get some sort of acknowledgement at some point for this, it near drove her mad to keep handling the coins before she passed them off to another. "Either you or I take it Arrun, and decide upon what best suits our needs shortly hmm?" If he would take it from her, good enough, if not she could pocket it with the full intention of it being used for the mission. In fact Arrun and Kova were very correct, the thought of something on hand to keep them in one piece, more or less, preferably more, seemed a good idea.

Last edited by Kapera; Jan 19th, 2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Cause I was typing as Eng was...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Stannach's Avatar
Stannach Stannach is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Posts: 422
Ghir'WasThe shifter shrugged. He didn't seem overly concerned with getting the purse back. "Ky Ravsen, If Solomon Salt of the Noldrun Clan does not need this urgently, then what was the reason for inquiring about the coin? Perhaps he is so destitute that it worries him? Is that the case Solomon Salt of the Noldrun Clan? If so then hold the purse if it comforts you. Coins do not comfort me." He waved off Ky's attempt to return the pouch.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 10:53 AM
EngrInAZ's Avatar
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ is offline
The Sword of the Spirit
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 9th, 2021
RPXP: 21079
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Posts: 11,306
Arrun Corliostor
Arrun let out a deep sigh, his past experiences had left a bad taste in his mouth for those in positions of power. It had become somewhat of a dichotomy, he didn’t want to be one of those abusers, but the only way to have a good leader was to be one himself. He gave Ky an appreciative wink, "Thank you," he said as he gently took the coins from her hands and slipped them into his pouch. He held out his hand for Ghir’was’ pouch, "I will hold on to your contribution to the group as well, if you are so inclined." He turned to the others, "I believe we are in agreement about finding some healing. I’m sure we can find some kind of wand that will aid us on this mission. But, I’m sure it will cost more than what I have here. I’m guessing we will need 700 or 800 gold for a wand of healing, and I only have about 280 gold. You can give me your contributions to the purchase now, or come with me to the shop if you do not trust me." The last sentence was stated as though it was unbelievable.

When it was decided who was going with him and who was giving him gold, Arrun gave Captain Marta a respectful nod. He turned to exit of the small room, "Well then, let us be off."

OOCArrun is going to go and buy a Wand of Cure Light Wounds and then head to the Gray Gargoyle to wait for the meeting. He is probably short ~570 gold.
__________________
Slowly working my way back.

<DM>Temple of Elemental Evil - Pathfinder
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Stannach's Avatar
Stannach Stannach is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Posts: 422
Ghir'WasThe shifter reaches into his pack and produces another pouch. This one is larger. He lumbers back to the group and sets it on the table. It makes a satisfying *thud* when he drops it. "Ghir'Was has more if needed. There is nine one hundreds worth of coin. Now Arrun Corliostor, you have your coin for magics that heal, not rend. You are no longer destitute like poor Solomon Salt of the Noldrun Clan." He was really starting to think that these people spent everything they had on things to make themselves shine bright. "Now we go?"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 12:54 PM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 14th, 2021
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,068
Kova YarabreeKova handed Arrun his twenty gold coins, plus a pouch containing 150 more. "I'll see you all at the Gargoyle!" he bid them as he walked out of the room.

OOC
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 01:39 AM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Solomon SaltDestitute my ass! Solomon growled inward, like only a stubborn old dwarf could do it. The savage was wrecking his nerves with his full name pronunciation and mentioning of Solomon's clan repeatedly. It was not that Solomon wasn't proud of his clan, but it seemed to him that the simpleton had taken the presentation as his name, not his honor title as it was custom.

Furthermore, the coin-case (as Solomon had mentally filed it under) had escalated wildly. Purses were flying about from hand to hand sizing up egos and libido. Solomon followed it all with rising disbelief. Not once did it occur to him that he had instigated any of it. Well, he hadn't really.

Solomon shook his head slowly at Arunn's question, No. No, I meant that in a less direct way. Carrying the weight of the task, the job, the care of the professor and so on. There was less growling and more fatherly affection, when Solomon answered Arunn, I am of the mind, that the coin-case have been settled. We should make our way to the Gargoyle and learn more of the job. he nodded in respectful salute to Captain Marta and followed the halfling out of the room.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 07:38 AM
Stannach's Avatar
Stannach Stannach is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Posts: 422
Ghir'WasGhir'Was said nothing more, rather he just began to move out of the area once more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB