Game Thread The Forgotten Forge - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Shadows of the Last War
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Stannach's Avatar
Stannach Stannach is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Posts: 422
Ghir'WasThe warnings, the movement, the attack... Ghir'Was smiled. It was a disconcerting sight. "Rain can conceal... Well done. " He took a slight step forward to arrest any idea of having Arrun becoming flanked. "Come then shadows! This axe is thirsty!" There was a glee in his movement, he wanted this. The shifter was eager to see if today was the day that he became prey, or would he endure and remain a hunter in a world full of predators. His muscles flexed as he girpped his axe, his wet fur making him look more monstrous then normal.

Soon... He thought, making himself tamp down the idea of just ditching control to lunge at the closest enemy. The thought of baring his fangs and sinking them into his soft neck, feeling his life fade away as he bit down hard. Each time he shifted it got harder to contain... but these unenlightened members of his group needed him right now. There would time for all of this later if combat went well. If not... "Then I will know who my better was this evening."


 
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 11:09 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
dad_gondsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,759
Kova and Ky are the first to react to the sudden attack, setting wards into place and shouting warnings to the others! Kova sheathes his dagger, plunging the group into darkness as the light-bearing enchantment is contained within the blade's scabbard. Lightning flashes and thunder rolls through the Upper City as battle is joined with more assassins emerging from hiding places to close in upon the Wayfinders huddled about the body of the murdered professor...

Although caught by surprise, Arrun takes the best that his attacker has to offer before drawing his sword and coordinating with the others! Although he presses the attack, the blow is bat aside from a metal-clad hand! With a shout, the figure leaps into the air where a flash of lightning illuminates a body nearly completely covered by polished metal plates. The attacker brings its wicked curved blade down, finding a way around Arrun's shield to draw blood again, but the paladin's armor takes the brunt of the blow.

It's a testament to Arrun's toughness that he remains standing, for the impact of the blow causes the attacker's cowl to fall back, revealing a face of mithral and steel! This is no human adversary at all, but one of the warforged. A being of living artifice created and sold by House Cannith during the Last War to be tireless soldiers, these living constructs were given their freedom at the signing of the Treaty of Thronehold. And this one seems to bear a grudge.

"HAND OVER THE JOURNAL, WEAK FLESH!!" the warforged howls with a hollow-but-feminine voice as she draws back her saber for another strike!

Behind Arrun, Solomon readies himself to face the approaching attackers. Counting their steps, he times his strike perfectly, snapping out his flail which strikes his attacker's skull with a mighty CLANG! Although obviously staggered, its momentum carries it forward... and right into a headbutt. Like a heap of scrap, the warforged assailant hits the stone with a ruckus of steel-on-stone, light fading fast from its eye-holes.

No sooner has the first hit the ground, however, than the other two are upon him, shouting as they brings their longswords around in wild-but-heavy swipes! Heavily armored as he is, most of the blows are turned away but he'd be hard-pressed to say that the ferocity of their attack won't leave him with a little soreness in the morning...

Ky bides her time, remaining by Kova's side until the battle sorts itself out, but Ghir'Was seems eager to engage. Stepping out of the light, he brings his axe to bear and lunges upon Arrun's attacker, scoring a heavy blow! He's sure that it did damage, but it's as if he swung his axe into a brick wall! His fingers tingle and his wrists ache from the recoil...

As the final attacker appears out of the darkness and attempts to take a piece of Ghir'Was' hide, Kova's gambit pays off! The shifter has a clear advantage in the darkness and sees the over-eager strike coming a mile away, stepping out of harms way with room to spare...

GM
 

Round 1 summary:

Solomon destroys Warforged Assassin 1. Go Solomon!
The warforged "Captain" scores yet another critical threat on Arrun, but does not confirm, for 8 damage!
Warforged Assassin 3 scores yet another-another critical threat (yeesh) on Solomon, but does not confirm, inflicting 8 damage!
Ghir'Was strikes the warforged "Captain" for 10 damage, but DR reduces that to 8!

Round 2 begins...

Captain Assassin - AC 18, HP 16/24, CMD 19, F +6 R+4 W +1, DR 2/Adamantine
Warforged Assassin 1 - AC 15, HP 14, CMD 13, F+4 R +0 W -1
Warforged Assassins 3-4 - AC 15, HP 14, CMD 13, F+4 R +0 W -1



__________________
Tentatively getting back to it...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 05:23 AM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Solomon Salt
There should be enough armor to ward off puny knives like these culprits held, but either by ill fate on the dwarf's side or pure luck - Solomon had the idea that this was the case, the one in the middle found a way through the many metal layers and caused a series of pains. The jagged blade skewered vital dwarven organs and left Solomon staggering as he started his dance of death.

Normally, in such an occasion, he would spin around with the chain leaving only dead bodies in his wake, but the blood pumping through his system had him come off for a bad start and the wrecking ball bounced off the side of the bridge, sending little pieces of rock flying into the dark abyss below.

He had moved back and was expecting them to follow up on his move, which would leave the chain-and-ball a chance to spin 360 degrees for a more fulfilling bash against the one who potentially could cause Arrunn and the others behind him the greatest stress.

They're coming closer. Be ready, he grunted as he stepped in between Ky in his spinning motion.
OOC
 


 

__________________
The return of the snail!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 07:50 AM
EngrInAZ's Avatar
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ is offline
The Sword of the Spirit
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 9th, 2021
RPXP: 21079
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Posts: 11,306
Arrun Corliostor

The lead assassin struck Arrun again, but this time his defenses failed. The curved blade of the warforged sliced into his sword arm as Arrun tried to deflect the blow, his armor muting some of the damage from the powerful strike. The cut on his arm stung, but in the heat of battle it was nothing, his focus was on their enemies. He made a quick scan of the battlefield, always trying to keep aware of the situation. His new dwarven compatriot was quite adept with his chain flail, crushing one of the oncoming assassins with ease, and their scout, Ghir’was, landed a nice blow to the assassin captain.

The surge of success by the group bolstered Arrun’s confidence, the tide of battle ebbing in their direction. This added confidence proved a boon as Arrun slid to the north and lashed out with his longsword. The sudden movement caught the assassin off guard as she readied another strike. Arrun’s blade twisted past her armor and dug deep into her midsection, sending a spurt of its bodily fluid into the air. Arrun snarled back at the captain, "You will only be given death for the evil you have done today!"

 
__________________
Slowly working my way back.

<DM>Temple of Elemental Evil - Pathfinder
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 08:26 AM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 14th, 2021
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,068
Kova YarabreeThe halfling wizard winced visibly at the sound of metal grinding flesh and men uttering involuntary yelps of pain. Though he--and Sharn's leadership--felt that he had made some contribution to the late war effort, Kova had never seen battle beyond magical practice duels at the Academy. All things considered, he was having trouble recognizing its charms... until Ghir'was and Arrun combined for near-simultaneous blows against the leader of this outrageous attack! But Kova's excitement was short lived as he saw the metallic being beneath the armor. He had heard of the warforged--even seen one on a couple of occasions--but they did not frequent the taverns he had worked in.

Eyes flicking swiftly, Kova made a quick study of the creature's anatomy (if it could be called a creature). Though animation magic was not his specialty, Kova recognized excellent work when he saw it. He also recognized that his large friends had put this particular automaton into a rough condition. "One more little push ought to do it..." he quipped as his right hand waved wide and he uttered an incantation in a deep voice that seemed to echo about him. A white glowing orb, like a snowball made of light, appeared in his hand and with a lightening motion he threw it in an impossible curve around Arrun and Cast Magic Missile at Captain.
Dice Magic Missile damage:
1d4+1 (4)+1 Total = 5
straight into the lead attacker's damaged chest, where it exploded with a small bang into a thousand fluttering sparks.

Playful--and righteous, Kova thought--malice welled up in the halfling's heart as the towering thing fell backwards and he let out a mirthful laugh. "That's another down! Don't waste your axe again on her, Ghir'was!" As he said this, he unslung his crossbow.

OOC
 

 

Last edited by ruffdove; Feb 9th, 2018 at 08:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Stannach's Avatar
Stannach Stannach is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Posts: 422
Ghir'WasThe strike caused Ghir'Was to loosen his grip on the Axe, letting it sway more. "They die easily enough..." Ghir'Was thought, preparing his next attack. The lightning flashes made shadows jump, and brought light to the bridge while illuminating the monsters and men that fought upon it. Ghir'Was shifted his foot and swung low this time, his axe coming upwards in an arc meant to sever legs, or ruin a pelvis. He wanted to end his target quickly so they could refocus. They were still surrounded, and that was never a good thing.

 
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Feb 11th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
Ky RavsenWarforged! It was only a flicker of a thought as the words, the command rang out from one of them, words that sent a chill down Ky's spine as she positioned herself into a familiar and comfortable crouch. Had anyone seen her pick up it, in the flickered lights and stormy darkness, she doubted it, she had only a brief moment to take in the symbols on the front and Ky knew, knew well that it was no surprise who sought it. If there had been any thought of comment on what she had found before, there was none now, she was not about to make herself a greater target even if it seemed that the 'men' had it much in hand. A moment later the 'in hand' seemed a bit less so. Ky was no medic nor healer, but she knew the scent of blood when it was in the air as well as the sound of metal on flesh.

A quick check on Kova as she cast a glance to the side before Ky nimbly twisted around Solomon and his weapon's deadly spin. Her steps took her to stand now on the other side of the dwarf, though she resisted the urge to take a step closer, let them come to her, she was not the warrior nor the warlord to put herself at the forefront of the battle. It would become closer quarters, but that suited her just fine. "Let them come. " The words slipped out between gritted teeth as Ky altered her stance slightly, light on her toes and lowered as she waited on the attack to come her way. Just a bit closer, a little bit more and she was ready to lash out, just a bit more...


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 08:25 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
dad_gondsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,759
GM
 

I hate to skimp on the update, but I'm in a crunch and I don't want to hold things up (in the middle of a combat, no less). So here's an update so you all can continue to fight the good fight!

Round 2 Summary:

Solomon misses! No AoO opportunities since 2 and 3 take 5' steps.
Arrun sets up the warforged leader by hitting for 15 damage! (Thanks for the DR reminder, EngrInAZ! Gotta love Paladins.)
... and Kova finishes C off with a magic missile for 5!
Ghir'Was misses Assassin 4.
Kapera's readied attack vs Assassin 2 hits for 2 damage.
Assassin 2 misses Kapera.
Assassin 3 hits Solomon for 5 damage!
Assassin 4 crits Ghir'Was for a whopping 20 14 damage! Ghir'was is currently at -1 HP and is unconscious!

Round 3 begins!

Captain Assassin - AC 18, HP 16/24, CMD 19, F +6 R+4 W +1, DR 2/Adamantine
Warforged Assassin 1 - AC 15, HP 14, CMD 13, F+4 R +0 W -1
Warforged Assassins 2 - AC 15, HP 12/14, CMD 13, F+4 R +0 W -1
Warforged Assassins 3 - AC 15, HP 14/14, CMD 13, F+4 R +0 W -1
Warforged Assassins 4 - AC 15, HP 14/14, CMD 13, F+4 R +0 W -1
__________________
Tentatively getting back to it...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Feb 13th, 2018 at 08:42 PM. Reason: I can't use vague descriptions to justify crits against the PCs! It feels dirty.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 08:36 AM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 14th, 2021
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,068
Kova YarabreeWhatever brief thrill Kova felt as the leader of the attacking automatons dropped to the cobblestones in a shower of magical sparks was quickly robbed from him as more attackers closed in and laid their weapons into his companions. First he looked to the east and saw Ghir'was receive a grievous wound. The scout, he knew, would respond in kind and the heavily armored Arrun was at his side against the single assailant, so the halfling turned his attention west where Solomon and Ky were evenly matched. He quickly judged the lightly armored Ky to be the most logical beneficiary of his next spell. Besides, House Ghallanda's rules of etiquette had been well drilled into him: ladies first.

Taking a small bundle of sulphur from his bag, and thanking Eberron's goddess of feasting, plenty, and--most importantly in this case--luck.Olladra that said bag was waterproof, the wizard held it out in his upturned left palm. He leaned forward to shield it from the rain as his right hand moved quickly but fluidly around it. His heart raced as he uttered arcane incantations--this really was his favorite spell and he hoped the others would enjoy it. Then with a flash, a shrll whistle, and whiff of burned sulphur, a small sparkling ember arched out toward #2the villain opposite Ky. When it came to rest atop his head, it exploded in a blinding flash. Snapdragon Fireworks for 2 points of fire damage plus dazzled condition. DC 14 Reflex save for half damage and negates dazzled effect.A small iridescent, golden dragon appeared above the man, and it commenced roaring and gushing flames as it swooped around him!

Although the dweomer Can launch a second firework next round.remained visible around Kova's left hand, the halfling busily loaded a quarrel into his crossbow, turning his back to the wind and the worst of the rain. He kept his mouth closed, reasoning that his companions didn't need any more distractions beyond the magical one he'd just created.

OOC
Standard Action: Cast Snapdragon Fireworks at Warforged #2
Move Action: Load crossbow

 

 

Last edited by ruffdove; Feb 14th, 2018 at 08:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Solomon Salt
Metal gleamed and Solomon felt his guard slip as he spun around, the blade of the warforged cutting a long rend in his flank and the blood soaking his armor. That would be a pain to clean after this had been dealt with. The weight of the ball was working with him now, making his spinning lift and crouch a deadly crushing combination that could take down stone houses.

A firework shot out and in the golden light, Solomon saw Ky's blade glitter before it found its mark in one of the warforged. The second after, Solomon's dorn-dergar crushed into the first of the two, kicking its head back and sending it tumbling to the floor, while the chained ball landed heavily in the chest of the second one.

Solomon grunted his approval. This was better. He had, in the seconds before the hit, grabbed a few feet of chain and changed the length of the spin - which now paid off as a very powerful close combat weapon. Solomon took a rare moment to nod his approval to Ky, no words uttered - that wouldn't do. For an instant he wondered where the firework had come from, but quickly going through the company they kept, he could only assume that the bookish halfling had the nerves to play with fireworks mid-combat.
OOC
 


 

__________________
The return of the snail!
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
Ky RavsenFlesh on steel, grunts, growls and a hiss, the latter slipped from her lips in a snarl of frustrated rage as her first strike hits true, but more skids over the forged creature. A twist and shift as the thing swings, though it seemed for the moment at least, Ky had managed to remain lighter on her feet. Her weapon snapped back into its deadly striking pose as the sudden flare of light in her face provides just the right amount of light. There, a catch in the metal form, and a strike as her hand lashed out once more, the blade glinted in the flared light which danced over the would-be assassin's head.

If her first strike had been true, this was both true and driven, her full force behind the strike and then the crashed sound as Solomon's own vengeance was wrecked upon the form in the breath of space left from her withdrawal of her weapon. A wicked grin crossed the features of the woman as she danced back to adjust her balance and take stock of the creatures once more. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Ky also noted she would need to talk to Kova about his failure to offer some sort of, well anything to warn anything might be about to happen. A grit of her teeth as the flickered light caught her eyes, the slightest nod for Solomon in turn.


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 08:40 PM
EngrInAZ's Avatar
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ is offline
The Sword of the Spirit
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 9th, 2021
RPXP: 21079
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Posts: 11,306
Arrun Corliostor
With the target of Arrun’s wrath lying on the wet stone, his attention shifted to the other attackers. His new companions seemed to have the western side of the skyway under control, the brute force of the dwarf hammering through the constructs with the help of Ky and Kova. That left one assassin for Arrun and Ghir’was to deal with.

Arrun moved carefully around Ghir’was to the east, his blade and shield at the ready. When he reached the warforged, he lashed out quickly with his sword. The blade pierced into the shoulder blade of the assassin, Arrun twisting his wrist as he swiftly retracted the sword. Fluid oozed from the creature’s shoulder, dripping down on the rain drenched street. The assassin staggered but kept its feet.

 
__________________
Slowly working my way back.

<DM>Temple of Elemental Evil - Pathfinder
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Stannach's Avatar
Stannach Stannach is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Posts: 422
Ghir'WasGhir'Was surveyed the scene, watching the battle unfold around him as he winced in pain. Pain was good, he was still breathing. Pain was a reminder that he was not yet prey. One of the assassins stood. He would not for long. It would not be dramatic, just another slice. He would swing his axe center mast in the hope that even if he missed he would drive it into Arrun's path, and death would find it.

He swung. His axe bit into the metal "flesh" of his target. Ghir'Was pulled the assassin in close as he wrenched his axe free. The last thing it would see was Ghir'Was bared teeth. If it could feel anything, it's last sensation would be the spit Ghir'Was sprayed on it's face as he pushed it away unto the ground.

 

Last edited by Stannach; Feb 15th, 2018 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 12:08 PM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 14th, 2021
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,068
Kova YarabreeKova breathed a sigh of relief as his massive--to him, at least--companions dropped the remaining attackers to the slick cobblestones. After a forlorn look at his faintly glowing hand, he decided: Eh... why not?. The wizard whirled his arm and sent the final spark of his spell flying high into the air where it exploded in a shower of colored sparks, giving birth to a small golden dragon that soared through the air blasting fire and roaring terribly before dissipating to nothing in the raindrops. Though he was unsure how it would be received by his new friends, his broad smile was simply impossible to suppress.

OOC
Standard Action: Cast Snapdragon Fireworks into the air

 

 

Last edited by ruffdove; Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 08:48 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
dad_gondsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,759
As the lead assassin's metalline form hits the stone bridge with a splash, she does not even register the fall, for Arrun's violent strike has robbed her of consciousness! As she falls, her heavy cloak falls aside to reveal the heraldry of Cyre! Along the edge of the brand is a string of numbers and letters etched into her breastplate, probably noting the battalion and unit that she once served... before she took up a life of murdering hapless provosts.

The other warforged assassins' attacks do not relent upon the dispatch of their leader, however. These living machinations of artifice were created for a singular purpose: to be soldiers. And as they continue to find a home for their blades even through Solomon's formidable armor, they prove to be proficient at it.

Solomon, however, time-and-time-again gives much worse than he receives! Kova's magic flashes and sparks with a loud roar and a gout of flame... and then there is a racket as if hammering upon a shield as the dwarf batters the distracted warforged with his chained dwarven flail! It falls, the smoke from Kova's pyrotechnics still rising from its busted plating as it crumbles to the stone. The next staggers from Solomon's follow-up strike, and Ky is there to finish the job, striking at the woody fibers between its armored plates! With a clamor, it too falls, the fierce light within its eye sockets fading fast.

"WE ARE THE BLADE!" the final warforged shouts, lunging at the shifter scout with a strike that bites deep into his thick hide. The warforged seems to gloat over the strike, and Arrun is there to repay it in kind, driving his sword into the construct's frame, with a screech of metal-on-metal! It is the shifter, however, who rallies and drives his axe into the assassin's neck, nearly beheading it! Ghir'Was pulls the assassin close, baring his teeth into its face until the lights within cease to glow... and with a sound like a heap of shields being thrown to the ground, it collapses into the gutter.

There is a moment of silence as each of you process what just happened and the group looks down upon the bodies of their attackers. The rain follows the lines of metal and rivets, gathering in puddles within the wood-like fibers that serve as muscles for the constructs - or 'living constructs' if the Treaty of Thronehold means anything to you. Those of you who engaged them with weapons, your hands are numb from the repeated impact of your blows. It is a testament to the toughness of the warforged, but at least the kills are cleaner.

Another crash of lightning illuminates the bridge, momentarily removing the darkness from the aftermath of the battle. The brief light also reveals the severity of your wounds as a delayed rumble of thunder travels through the blood-and-rain-soaked stones beneath your feet.

"Someone call the Watch!" you then hear someone cry out over the storm. Looking about, you see a man silhouetted by the light of a tower window some distance above. He's shaking his fist and crying out, "Someone call the Watch!!"

GMNice job dispatching the assassins! That wasn't an easy encounter at all. But let's get back on track! Let me know what you want to do next and I'll work on a prompt response.
__________________
Tentatively getting back to it...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Feb 19th, 2018 at 08:51 PM. Reason: English.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB