Game Thread The Forgotten Forge - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Shadows of the Last War
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Solomon Salt
Solomon looked from Dolom to Brunna, disliking her intrusion, but refrained from mention anything about it, then over at Dolom again as he stood there and turned the matters around. A competent man at work Solomon agreed mentally and mulled a bit over the matters himself. He found nothing to add, though.

the Golden Horn sounds fine, Solomon concurred in his deep barritone - his thoughts already spinning around the foamy ale that would was the combat over and paint it in a cosy, flickering light. He grabbed his weapon, nodded to the sergeant and trodded off, after the wee scholar.
OOC

 

__________________
The return of the snail!

Last edited by Dressedtojazz; Mar 7th, 2018 at 02:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
Ky RavsenKy shrugged at the name offered. She was sure she had heard of it in passing, but nothing jumped out to her immediately, which seemed good enough. As she raked her hand through her hair, Ky offered a small snort and laugh as she glanced sideways at the dwarf. "Sooner out of the rain the better, sooner away from this very location even better. I doubt this is anywhere near to over, seems like our fun might be just beginning..." Ky caught her next step as she realized her casual lope would outpace both the dwarf and halfling easily, and slowed herself up to allow Kova to lead on. It was a half assumption Ghir and Arrun would follow, perhaps it would have been more polite for her to wait on them, but polite was not something Ky did very well in the best of situations, let alone when being rained on after beings stabbed at and now apparently on some metal-monster humanoid gang hit list.


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Stannach's Avatar
Stannach Stannach is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Posts: 422
Ghir'WasThe shifter took point as the group began to move to it's next location. Occasionally sniffing the air as he did. Tonight he had earned merit. Tonight was a good test, and the Gods of the hunt would be proud. It was a small pack, but they had shown the ability to be fierce when prodded. He would earn many more points before his life strings were cut. That would be a tale for another night, for now he had Power, for tonight it was enough to have survived and continue the hunt.

 
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 08:43 AM
EngrInAZ's Avatar
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ is offline
The Sword of the Spirit
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 9th, 2021
RPXP: 21079
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Posts: 11,306
Arrun CorliostorArrun listened to the information provided by the Watch sergeant and the artificer. The fact that whatever Ky saw flying was a messenger only meant that whoever ordered the attack on the provost would know a little bit sooner that it was unsuccessful. They needed to find somewhere safe to access their situation and figure out what the next step was, preferable out of the rain. Since the assassins knew where to attack the provost, then they probably knew about the meeting at the Grey Gargoyle. That meant they couldnít go back to the Grey Gargoyle. It also meant that the Wayfinders were compromised as well, how else could the assassins know about the meeting. It wasnít unexpected, in Arrunís experience, very few of those in power are not corrupted.

Arrun was relatively new to the city and his only experience was in the Temple district. When Kova mentioned a place, it sounded as good as any. Arrun gave the sergeant a respectful nod and then followed Kova and the others. He figured they had time to get to this safe place before anyone knew about the assassinís failure.
__________________
Slowly working my way back.

<DM>Temple of Elemental Evil - Pathfinder
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old Mar 26th, 2018, 08:45 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
dad_gondsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,759
Upon first entering the Golden Horn, you are unsure if you have walked into a library, a concert hall, or a brothel... with an admittedly erudite bent. Situated - as most things are in Sharn - within a tower, the spacious, dimly-lit, cylindrical common room is situated around a stage-within-a-bar... a ring within a ring. Tables are situated all around so that all have a clear view of the performance. Tiers of balconies and walkways are suspended far overhead, disappearing into a haze of smoke and shifting lights. Sconces hang from the undersides of the balconies, piled with softly glowing, multi-colored stones which cast soothing colors down on the polished tabletops and surrounding you - in floor-to-ceiling-shelves, upon the tables, the bar, and even the stage, are hundreds of thousands of books!

Upon the stage is a trio of almost-too-slender, colorfully dressed elves focused on their craft, plucking at a Each of which looks to have costed more than the lot of your combined yearly salaries...viol, tamboor, and lap-drum in an exotic, jaunty number. In spite of the lively music, no one is dancing so much as nodding along with the music as they enjoy a pipe, a drink, and a book.

Looking around the room, you see no traps, though an ambush soon reveals itself! Before you can take three steps, a halfling fellow wearing colorful Talenta garb appears out of nowhere, urging you to take a seat at one of the open tables, chattering away about the specials and the drink selection.

"Ah, you picked a fine night to visit us! This evening, we have roast gorgon and as much Tal as you can drink! The first round is on the house! All in honor of King Nymm!"

The appearance of a halfling within such an establishment does not surprise you in the least. Once a tribe of nomadic halflings who roamed the flat grasslands of the Talenta Plains, A dragonmarked family of halflings with the Mark of Hospitality...House Ghallanda gained a fair share of power by offering food and shelter to not only their wandering cousins, but any travelers that they encountered. Before long, word spread, and the house began sending its representatives all over the fledgling human nations. Thus, the Hosteler's Guild was born. The Golden Horn proudly displays the silver seal of the guild over the bar. Such a seal means that this establishment meets the high standards of the hostelers of House Ghallanda... and from the halfling usher who bears a A "Greater" mark, if you've an eye for such things...rather large Mark of Hospitality upon his arm, you would expect no less.

GMIt's a start... the walk to the Golden Horn was uneventful.
Feel free to post a reaction to the scene above and I'll do my best to update again before the end of the week. I really want to get back into the swing, here.


__________________
Tentatively getting back to it...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old Mar 26th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Stannach's Avatar
Stannach Stannach is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 2469
Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach Stannach
Posts: 422
Ghir'WasThe smells were what astonished the shifter. Colors, outfits, clothing, makeup... all disguises for the physical form. Things people coated, and covered themselves in to change themselves. They wear gold, and jewels to impress others with wealth. Bright colors to attract suitors, or distract from others who wore darker, shade blending attire. A colorful dance to form impressions by sight. Something they all valued far more than Ghir'Was did. Now scent on the other hand...

The room was an amazing collection of scents. Fear, anxiety, joy. All can be expressed while people didn't even know it. Sweat, alcohol baited breath, perfume that clouds your judgement. The lingering scents of dinners, drinks, smoke, herbs, spices... Those didn't even elicit the best response from GHir'Was' olfactory senses. The books... the smell of old paper, even some mold brought with it the promise of knowledge. Secrets, traditions, and history... the truest form of value in this world. While the music was pleasant, sound was a by product of motion. He valued it for it's ability to find things, to hunt. Silence was more important to him, he could go without music, or sound. He could never go without scent.

Ghir'Was began to walk over to the books, immediately scanning them all for anything that caught his attention. He tried to keep an eye on the door as he did. His excitement was tempered by his understanding that they may still be in danger. So he split his time watching the crowd and reading titles.

 
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old Mar 28th, 2018, 07:13 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
Ky RavsenKy was torn between outright staring at the gaudy and the intelligence all wrapped into a single place and offset with the beautiful. A glance at Kova was left at a mere glance as they were summarily welcomed and ushered into the place and fully immersed in the sounds, sights and scents. A small smile and bow of her head as she offered a murmur of thanks while she sought out a place perhaps a little more private for the group to rest and discuss. A round of free drinks brought a low chuckle to her even as Ky doubted she would personally drink any more that night, not with what burned a hole of mystery and threat in her satchel. "Kova... this place is.. perfect." It was all she could say within the confines of an amused chuckle as she looked to the others to take in their reaction. "A place perhaps a touch bit out of the way to go with the drinks if we might ask? A chance to dry off this wet night in such a place is a pleasure indeed."


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old Mar 31st, 2018, 07:40 PM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 14th, 2021
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,068
Kova YarabreeKova beamed to see that Ghir'was and Ky at least were pleased with his recommendation. "I'm very glad you like it, Ky," he said softly and amiably in answer to her comment. The wizard nodded in agreement as she selected a table in a less prominent part of the room for them to discuss their plans. As they walked he put a neighborly arm around their host and remarked: "Why every time I step inside this establishment I see something new and inviting to greet me. You do our race proud, you do! After a few drinks to soothe our nerves, my big friends and I will require lodging for the night--just one night. And it is very important that we not be disturbed. Perhaps... the order... would be so gracious as to shelter us from any... out of the ordinary disturbances?"

OOC
 

 

Last edited by ruffdove; Mar 31st, 2018 at 07:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Solomon Salt
It was, admitted, a spectacular building and how they've used the dome to avoid crossing beams supporters to make the tall building stand free in its impressive height without intersecting mess. Spectacular. Solomon was still sky gazing, more on the construction work than anything else, when they were assaulted and he stepped back, nearly tripping over Arrun, but reaching for his weapon. It would make a mess of things in here, but luckily he got it no where near unsheathed, as the reality of the ambush dawned quickly upon him. Still, it was a rude sneak, Careful sneaking up on people like that, wee fella. The night is dark, wet and full of terrors... and Solomon were at the ready. He didn't add that. It was unnecessary. The question about the drink was not, though. Free drink sound perfect. What's Tal? Do you also have standard, thick black ale?
OOC

 

Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 02:11 PM
EngrInAZ's Avatar
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ is offline
The Sword of the Spirit
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 9th, 2021
RPXP: 21079
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Posts: 11,306
Arrun CorliostorArrun followed as the group moved along the wet street, watching for anything that might be following them. The rain had lessened some, but the light mist was still enough to keep the paladin wet. He had been in worse conditions, slogging through mud and muck during a hard march, so this was nothing more than a slight annoyance.

When the group reached the Golden Horn, Arrun was glad to be out of the rain. The music was interesting, with bouncy rhythms and a melody filled with melancholy. As he looked around the room, Arrun found it odd that no one seemed to be enthralled with the music, enjoying their other activities and not acknowledging the performance. 'Must be tough to perform for no one.' The colorful lighting made it difficult to get a read on the patrons within the Golder Horn, which was probably a good thing for the privacy of the group.

The sudden appearance of the halfling caused Arrun to instinctually go for his blade. The ambush from earlier in the evening had left Arrun a little jumpy. He smirked when he noticed Solomon react similarly, 'Not the only one.' He let Kova do the talking, this was his place, no need to interfere. The group needed a quiet place to sort out what information they had. They needed to be quick about it, there was no telling what their attackers already knew.
__________________
Slowly working my way back.

<DM>Temple of Elemental Evil - Pathfinder
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old Apr 7th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
Ky RavsenWhile wary, Ky seemed to not be quite as easily startled as some within their ragtag group of well... odds and ends. A soft smile for their host though she had no interest in anything to drink for the moment, it was instead the quiet, private corner now located, that held the most interest for her. Back to the wall, face to the room, she settled in and waited on the others to join her there. Still the sweet smile on her face and even a light giggle as dark eyes swept across the room a moment. Ky would wait until the others seated themselves, or at least moved closer to the table before she would speak, her voice soft and serious.

"I think we have to figure out what is going on here sooner rather than later, I suspect our descriptions and sort are in the hands of someone we don't wish to be known to, and there is no use in going back to Marta whining about the troubles... I suspect the... ah... 'my' journal might have some answers... can we trust it here Kova? I do not wish to draw it out unless you are confident?" Calm, soft spoken and to the point as Ky glanced between the members of the group in an attempt to determine if they understood the gravity of the situation, or at least her assessment of the gravity of the situation they had rapidly found themselves drawn into.


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Apr 7th, 2018, 08:27 PM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 14th, 2021
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,068
Kova YarabreeKova nodded along with Ky as he took a seat. "I quite agree, our next move--after a night of rest and replenishment--should be to the ruins and our objective." He gave a quick but careful
Dice Perception:
1d20+10 (5)+10 Total = 15
look around the room to see if they'd piqued anybody's interest. "As you say, Ky, whoever our adversaries are, they have our description and will mark us long before the book can give us away. Let's take it out and see what it says."

OOC
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Apr 8th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
Ky RavsenKy's tongue darted over her lips a moment as she glanced to the knight and dwarf, unsure of either of them and their take on her as she presented something that most might have handed over to the guard. A soft sigh before the woman reached into her own satchel, glanced down and then slipped out the leather bound journal she had retrieved. Her fingers rested lightly on the cover as she slid it toward Kova. "I would say what could go wrong, but then I already have a list started in my head..." With that stated, Ky tensed her thumb and gingerly opened the cover of the journal.


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Apr 10th, 2018, 08:42 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
dad_gondsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kova
"After a few drinks to soothe our nerves, my big friends and I will require lodging for the night--just one night. And it is very important that we not be disturbed. Perhaps... the order... would be so gracious as to shelter us from any... out of the ordinary disturbances?"
If anything, your colorful host's smile seems to broaden at Kova's request. The halfling gives a bow so deep that the patterned wrap about his head sweeps the floor before he snaps upright and gives you a beckoning wave to follow. As you take your first step, you realize that your clothes and armaments no longer cling to your skin and the chill from the damp is gone! The host gives you a conspiratorial wink as he hops into the maze of tables, books, and halfling servers...

"Oh we have black ale, though it's hardly standard!" the dragonmarked halfling says proudly with an emphatic nod to Solomon's inquiry. He waves to the bartender - a thin, Surprising but true...handsome half-orc wearing a dapper tailored coat and short, slicked-back hair - relaying something with a quick hand gesture; a flip of the wrist, a quick flick of the index finger and a pinky struck toward the ceiling. Whatever the message is, the man bows his head to you as you pass and immediately begins putting together a round of drinks.

Your host steps in time with the music, deftly cutting a path between tables and through blue clouds of pipeweed to a small, candlelit private room on the opposite side of the stage from the door... which coincidentally is large enough and set to accommodate precisely five patrons. You find that you can take in the skillful performance but also enjoy a little privacy.

"Draw the curtain if you wish," he says gesturing to the shimmering blue glamerweave curtain hanging at the entrance of the small dining room. "My name is Otho d'Ghallanda. The half-orc, you presume...Master Bangral is preparing a complimentary round of drinks. Peruse the menu at your leisure and do notify us if you require anything from either the staff or the kitchen."

With a lively flourish and a twirl which sends his colorful sashes spinning, he departs, leaving you to discuss the more troubling events of the evening. At least you feel comfortable enough to let down your guard here. Whatever connections Kova has with the Golden Horn seems to have secured you a much needed reprieve.

GMThanks for sticking with me through that little rough patch, guys. Here's to getting the game back on track...


__________________
Tentatively getting back to it...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Apr 10th, 2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Because I'm blind to typos before I hit "post."
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Apr 10th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
Ky RavsenKy's expression of hesitation gave way to a furrowed brow of confusion as dark eyes stared down at the item she had retrieved. It was a relief that they had found shelter, more that it seemed to offer just the privacy they needed and Kova seemed to have some understanding within the establishment, but empty? The slender Cyrian looked perplexed as she raised her attention toward Kova then to the others, searched their faces a moment before she uttered two words. "It's blank?" Not a statement, a question, a question she clearly did not believe herself but was also unsure that she should not be believing it. "It, it is of Cannath, but it... Kova?" She was no magician, nor was the dwarf, the paladin nor the shifter, or at least she assumed as much, if any of them might have an answer, would Kova? If they had risked their lives, if she had risked imprisonment for a blank journal, Ky would not be impressed.


 

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB