Game Thread Crypt of the Crimson Star - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Shadows of the Last War
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Dec 14th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Matz Barron
Matz had felt the thrill of adventure even as they stepped out and got a hike out of town with the stagecoach. He was relaxed, kind and charming to his travel companions. They were each odd, including Matz on the top of it all, but he could deal with it. There were rarely the case where he found someone that he couldn’t connect with on some level.

Shiny baubles and art. Matz took it in like a trip on Purple-drip Fungi. He swayed and sidestepped, head in the sky and a manical smile on his face as he spun and spun and spun, dizzying himself and getting madder with every spin. The tail even whipped out and spun with him - the colours of the hut was just streaks of carefully positioned colour on a dome-like canvas. That was when the gnome had enough and she decided to keep him out of the business. At least this was the disposition Matz felt was at stake.

He balanced himself nonchalant against her counter as he waved the others into their meeting, trusting them to deliver what was needed when they emerged again. He smiled down at the gnome with a glamorous smile, Mrs. Whitelash was it? he slid down, caressing the mahogany wood with his fingertips as he came into a crouch and at eye-level with Ezala. His smokey, deep voice flowed at her with the aroma exactly like a recently stricken match, I just love when experienced staff can tell who they need to save from tiring, boring tirades of mission statements. his smile broadens and he wiggles a knowing finger at the old gnome, you knew you could keep me here and have me for yourself for a little while, eh? he cocked his head sideways, his blood-shot eyes taking in every loving sign of her venerable age. He tried to
Dice bluff to make her believe his interest in her:
1d20+12 (15)+12 Total = 27
work his charms, insinuating that he was attracted to her - not in love, nothing sexual - but with her entire concept of being the oldest, wisest gnome the world had ever seen. A powerhouse of knowledge and etiquette. He asked about her job, the baubles (mostly to honor Doovol’s request), her private life and her boss. He then told her lies about his own life as a dealer of abstract art and as an undercover diplomat and investigator of the Sharn Watch Elites - the reason why he had been sent to help her superior of course. Lastly he attempts to leverage their shared knowledge of each other to make her give up insights on the mission and hopefully let something slip that those within the chamber with the boss, wasn’t supposed to know about.


Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Dec 14th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
A quirk of Ky's lips was all that she displayed as Matz was halted in the foyer, and by the time that she made eye contact, there was a clear and present expression of feigned sorrow overladen with a heavy dose of amusement. There really was nothing to say, the ubiquitous 'stay out of trouble' was understood by this point in both their lives, for a wide assortment of reasons.

It was not long before Ky was quite confident that Matz had ended up on the better end of things. One of these, where you were just the hired hand to do a job, little care to know names, most likely because the ol bugger probably figured by the end there would be less names to know or some such bull... either that or he felt himself just too high above the little peons that he could not bother, a wonder what would happen to the rich elite if they ended up without peons? Still Ky was more then able to behave herself, one did not live long picking up items they ought not to if they had a sour attitude, and sweetness always worked far better, something that ol pain-in-the-arse Dwarf needed to learn. Bless the Shards he is not here for this one.

Any questions. There was the potential for millions if one really wanted to get down to it, though the ol Doodle, Doovol... Doovol Ky, do not mess that up. hit the main nail on the head, even if he seemed to dance about the meat of it. It was the largest Dragonshard... who else knew about it, or who did they expect knew, secrets like these were never actually very well kept.

"Master Damilek, as spoken, I do believe the main question would be just who might know about this retrieval attempt and what might be known about the crypt itself, have you sent anyone to scout the area?"

Even as she spoke, her gaze wandered over the map, taking it in and doing her best to commit it to memory, one never knew when they might need to make their own return from places sent. Still, outside of knowing of any potential known threats, all the unknown she fully expected to be well and present. Traps, damn crawly creatures, rats... oh please not those again, and probably someone trying to shoot them first if history has anything to say about these typical adventures.



 

 
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 11:55 AM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 11th, 2021
RPXP: 20667
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,052
KovaWhatever the reaction of his companions to the skycoach trip may have been, Kova wouldn't have known. After a quick survey of the inside of the vehicle, the halfling's head spent the entire trip poked out the window, taking advantage of this bird's eye view of the city to study the details. As was always the case, he found that his mental map of the city (and the parchment maps he had studied so tirelessly) did not correlate perfectly to the actual aerial perspective--something he attributed both to the slight obliquity of his viewpoint and the everchanging nature of cities. Seeing things from above was not really all that a novel perspective in Sharn, considering its layout, yet Kova managed to find new things all along the way. New buildings going up, markets stalls spilling out of squares and down streets that before had been uncluttered, repair and disrepair of rooftops. Had they simply circled in the air all morning, Kova might have gone as late as noon before realizing he hadn't had lunch yet.

Washing down a handful of lemon wafers down with some well-sugared tea, Kova handed over is dagger and crossbow to the venerable gnome without a second thought. To rogues, weapons were lifelines that were bitterly surrendered; to priests, weapons were a point of devotion--an insult on the religious level to be parted from them; to warriors, weapons could be like their very appendages! To Kova, they were added weight--lamentably necessary, but happily jettisoned in situations where they surely would not be needed. He paused a moment when Matz himself was asked to remain in the foyer, but the devilkin did not seem too upset about the slight, so Kova followed that lead and proceeded to the inner sanctum.

Escorts? Mere mercenaries?? Hired... MUSCLE??? Those were the wizard's thoughts when Tophran Damilek had divulged the nature of their role in this expedition. Surely the group had more to offer than mere physical security for the diggers--which Kova took to mean professional archaeologists and a sub-section of his brain immediately began compiling all of the questions he would have for these fascinating seekers of knowledge. With a barely audible sigh, Kova reminded himself that whatever his official role in the mission, he would still be traversing the great Talenta Plains and investigating an ancient ruin. Quite a silver lining, now that he had time to think about it. As another part of his mind passed the 200 questions-for-archaeologists point and his companions sought out more of the basic information, Kova studied the map. "Not a very fine scale here -- that's a good piece of land covered by that X. But fear not, we shall... find the way!"

"Pun intended," he added proudly.

OOC

 

 
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jan 12th, 2020, 02:23 AM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
dad_gondsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,759
Once everyone is shown into Mr. Tophran Damilek's office, the elder Ezala Whitelash returns to the parlor to... keep an eye on Matz. She rebuffs his advances like a stern grade school teacher scolding a child and thwarts his flattery with ice-cold, half-lidded glares... but she does not immediately order him to leave. She may even appear curious. She answers some of the devilish charmer's questions, but her answers are curt and not exactly full of many of the details Matz might be most interested to Or exploit, for that matter... hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky Ravensen
"Master Damilek, as spoken, I do believe the main question would be just who might know about this retrieval attempt and what might be known about the crypt itself, have you sent anyone to scout the area?"
"The location of the crypt has been a mystery for a dragons age and was only recently uncovered by one of my close associates. I trust that he has told no one, and I assure you, the fewer people that know of this, the more satisfied I will be," he says, fixing you each with a stern look.

"I've been tracking this artifact ever since I learned of its potential existence thirty years ago." He begins, pacing his office and looking off at some point beyond the walls of his opulent office as he regales you with the details of his search... like a hunter who has spent a lifetime obsessing over the one that got away. "The process was tedious, slow going, and we exhausted every resource in our search. Each time, just before we gave up the search, we would find another clue..." he says, growing agitated as if reliving the experience frustrates him all over. His brow furrows and he purses his lips beneath his large mustache. "After years of searching, we found mention of the crypt in an ancient journal left by one of the first human settlers of Khorvaire." He pauses here, staring at an oil painting of a strange obelisk rising from an alien landscape.

"The civilization which crafted and laid the shard to rest within the crypt has long since been forgotten, its cities little more than dust on the plains. We can only speculate that the crypt was created by humanoids that predate the arrival of our human ancestors from Sarlona, possibly elves that chose to come to Khorvaire after their exodus from Xen'drik rather than join the others in Aerenal. We cannot rule out the goblins of ancient Dhakaan, but we think that unlikely. Before the Daelkyr invasion - something else that we found few records of - we believe that the Dhakaani tribes engaged in light warfare with the elves, but... again, it is little more than speculation. Many of the sources that we found date as far back as ten thousand years and they often contradict each other. It is exceedingly difficult to make heads or tails of what has survived the ages... so if it has remained a secret for this long, I suspect it will remain a secret until you arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kova Yarabree
"Not a very fine scale here -- that's a good piece of land covered by that X. But fear not, we shall... find the way!"
He snorts at the halfling's pun and puffs out his mustache with a pensive sigh, fixing each of you with a level look for a moment as if measuring you up. Who knows? Maybe the man can tell if you're a good investment or not. You come highly recommended by Captain Turvask. I came to him and the Wayfinders for their experience, and I'm told that's what you have."

"If you can come back tomorrow morning, that should give Ezala enough time to book your transportation and get your Can't go off grave-robbing and smashing things without the proper permits!charters approved by House Sivis. You will be flying to The capital of the kingdom of Karrnath...Korth by airship. Then you will take the lightning rail to The largest settlement in the Talenta PlainsGatherhold. From there, you must venture off of the beaten path, but..." he says, squinting through his spectacles, "I suspect it will be no issue for you."

"Now... if you have no more questions for me, I have work to do. Ezala will see you out. You may pick up your charters here tomorrow morning."
__________________
Tentatively getting back to it...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jan 12th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Unko Talok's Avatar
Unko Talok Unko Talok is offline
Peace, Love, and Gaming
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 18960
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Posts: 14,566
Doovol Khaavolaar Doovol listens attentively to the planned course of action. His frown deepens further the longer he listens. No explicit mention of foes to be faced. Still, there are some hints. Possibly elves. Possibly some ancient sect of the Dar. Though Doovol doesn't say it, he does make a note that, if his people have some role in this artifact's creation, maintenance, or use, he will need to more carefully assess its place and purpose...

"Good," the Hobgoblin says. It's all that needs to be said. He made plans to arrive the following morning, but saw no reason to delay his departure any further.

 


 

__________________
The Fickle Tendrils of Fate | Site Rules & Help | Become a Community Supporter
Black Lives Matter - Gay and Trans rights are human rights.
she/her/hers

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jan 13th, 2020, 08:06 AM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 11th, 2021
RPXP: 20667
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,052
KovaNaturally, Kova had several hundred questions, but as his mind raced through them like a humming bird he realized there were none that Damilek himself was likely to have the answers to. The wizard reached this conclusion about questions in the background recess of his mind. Fighting for center stage at the forefront were half a dozen hypotheses and conjectures about what culture might have hidden away the shard and, of course, the words "you will be flying to Korth by airship." Sharn was the perfect environment for the halfling because he loved heights and flying, often to the complete disregard for his own safety (an observation made by the Masters at the Academy who had been sure to teach the young student the featherfall spell at the earliest opportunity). But for all that enthusiasm, he had never ridden in one of the great airships and the excitement brought on by the prospect of days on end watching the world creep thousands of feet below him was nearly more than he could contain.

"No questions here, Mr. Damilek... at least none for you. I am most looking forward to this venture and successfully delivering your prize along with our findings at the site. Expect us bright and early tomorrow!" By this, Kova meant no less than an hour before noon. "Now if you'll excuse us, I've worked up quite a famish and am fully confident that some meal time or other is upon us!"

OOC

 

 

Last edited by ruffdove; Jan 13th, 2020 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 03:23 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Matz Barron
It was less than satisfying to witness the ice cold facade of the gnome, but of course Matz held this down tour to himself and didn’t stop being jovial and ingratiating. He did stop asking her questions that would never leave him with answers though and instead prowled the reception with curiosity and interest to the relics, items and art.

When the others were done with the meeting, Matz welcomed them with a cheesy smile. He spoke loud enough for Ezala to hear, Oh me? Judging by your heavy eyelids and tired faces, I have been the winning one here. I was attended by the gloriously knowledgeable and extremely kind Madame Whitelash. What’s that? Matz grab an elbow from Ky ravsen, outside? yes, dear. Come.

Over the shoulder, he passed on the few phrases of information he have gained about the baubles in the reception, to Dovool. It was standard information that he could have read in a pamphlet on Ezala’s desk, but she had been kind enough to give him the ready available information verbally. And that was about that.

Once outside, Matz gasped audibly. What a wench. She was as tight zipped up as a exotic, meat-eating flower with an immensely powerful grasp, taken its diminutive size in consideration. Liquid marple honey make it open up and inside is a deliciously tasting seed, harvested for high-end noble feasts.Claire Canarí even despite my greatest charm. He gave Ky a wink and a sly smile, I am utterly thrilled to be with a lady that care for my adoration now. Then he laughed and let her go. He knew he had pushed some sort of limit there, but he quickly diverted the conversation to a more pressing matter, so? what is the objective?

Airships and lightning rail, Korth and Gatherhold. All things that interested Matz and was bound to file under adventure, which he liked so very, very much. He pondered a little, if he remembered anyone currently residing in
Dice Knowledge local:
1d20+3 (16)+3 Total = 19
Korth or
Dice Knowledge local Gatherhold:
1d20+3 (13)+3 Total = 16
Gatherhold.

Food? Again, my little voracious companion? If you insist... then what shall we be looking for? Mushrooms? Kova was hungry and if they managed to find a place where the food was accompanied by booze, Matz would be thrilled. Thrilled and drunk. No better way to kill a night of waiting...


__________________
The return of the snail!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 08:34 AM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
"I do believe you have made it abundantly clear, your honesty in the proffered information is appreciated good sir." A soft sweetness to her voice, one that it was likely Kova had actually never heard before in their brief stint, before she bowed her head ever so slightly and accepted the clear dismissal. In truth she might have a million questions, the trouble was that the answers were all on the ground... where they were going, and the ones that were not, it was not within her talent to bid them from the mouth of their new 'boss'.

A step outside the room was met with an overly content Matz, her first clue that things had not gone as he had hoped and that more, being left out clearly had not suited him. Still she allowed herself to be blissfully lead along, another small nod for the Gnomish matron who had so stymied the troublemaker and then the proverbial fresh air of outside once more.

Ky's lips twisted into something caught between an amused smile and a slightly pained grimace as her brows rose to suggest clearly to Matz that she did not quite buy his cozy embrace, then made a clear showing of patting down her pockets before finally offering him a wry grin and a wink, the tease evident. "At least she did not eat you then... and mostly we are apparently on the hunt for something no one else knows about and thus this should be utterly easy save the typical life shortening decorations sure to be located in awkward places.... or so we were told, the truth of it all remains to be seen."

It was more a mother's expression of long suffering she found decorating her features next as she glance to Kova. "Food indeed, though not much to drink, the morning comes quickly and it might be wise to ensure that you have all you privately need to bring to ensure another... successful venture hmm? We have no mountains this time my dear Kova, perhaps a bit more care this time for all involved?" Granted in truth it had been more the mountains who had caused the most problems, as far as Ky was concerned, and with the smile that tugged at the corner of her lips as she glance to the others who would accompany them this time, she was clearly not sure that the haphazard approach to adventuring was not about to occur once more.

"Though we should have some concept of our... strategy and strengths before we leave, to better... plan for just how to address this little vacation... without any more details of locations or topics of what left for ears to hear. One would love to hope that the promise no one should know about this rings true and would hate to be the source of this no longer being true... hmm?"



 

 
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 10:18 AM
Unko Talok's Avatar
Unko Talok Unko Talok is offline
Peace, Love, and Gaming
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 18960
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Posts: 14,566
Doovol Khaavolaar Doovol listens attentively to Matz' recounting of the baubles and objects. Some of the stories have meaning and true history. Others are anecdotes that do not carry the weight of centuries, do not stir the soul to rise to honor, or even duty. The majority of these trinkets are for show. Doovol scowls at the room, generally.

The hobgoblin had intended to attempt some information gathering during the long wait tomorrow, but Kova's interjection was important. "Yes. We musn't light a torch only to attract foes. Any further learning must be done discreetly." he thinks on this for a moment. The safest place to learn, perhaps, would be from the library and research of the very man who the party had just met-- a person who seemed far from eager to share his time or resources any more than he already had. Doovol shakes his head. Poor strategist he thought. "We shall meet at dawn's first light" he says. "I will go now to pay homage to the flame. I need no drink, and my stomach is still heavy with food from breakfast." It is not said judgmentally, exactly. But the hobgoblin was making clear that he was full, whether or not the others were.

(OOC: I don't have any plans to do something productive. Just RPing Doovol a bit more. Ready to move on when everyone else is!)

 


 

__________________
The Fickle Tendrils of Fate | Site Rules & Help | Become a Community Supporter
Black Lives Matter - Gay and Trans rights are human rights.
she/her/hers

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 11:07 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
dad_gondsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,759
The clear blue sky begins to cloud once more as you take your leave of Tophran's office...

You turn the information he shared over and over again in your heads as you make your way toward an evening of respite. Like anything in the Wayfinders, you're operating on several assumptions and only a few vague tidbits of information... but as Captain Turvask said, nothing worth having comes without risk. And during these uncertain times, you know that most people would jump straight into the mouth of the One of the Dark Six, the Devourer is the alleged lord of nature’s destructive side. Folk who bother with things like praying might ask the benevolent Arawai for a bountiful harvest, but they may also beseech her brother, the Devourer, not to claim their harvest with flood or drought.Devourer for such a sum as what Tophran Damilek is offering.

A bolt of golden lightning leaps across the clouds, thundering with such force that you can feel it through your boots. It looks like another of Revisited: Sharn is built within a manifest zone of Syriana, the realm of the Azure Sky. It is said that the towers of Sharn, as well as the flying cities of Skyway, would fall to the earth if not for the otherworldly physics at work here...Syriana's fierce storms is set to soak the City of Towers...

GMI'm working on the next post! Stay tuned.
__________________
Tentatively getting back to it...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 12:16 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
dad_gondsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 27632
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,759
The next morning, each of you arrive at Tophran's office in the Everbright district once more to pick up your charters. Though the storm played out most of its fury before the prior evening was done, a light drizzle still falls from the gray skies as you gather beneath a colorful awning where a baker has been hawking cinnamon cakes and other sugar-covered pastries to stay dry while waiting on your charters. Shortly after the eighth bell has rung, the tiny, venerable gnome, Ezala, emerges from the office, waving you over impatiently so that you might accept a Thick with your itinerary and charters, each signed and stamped by a House Sivis notary.package. As you jog across the street, you see a sleek, blue-hulled Lyrandar airship approaching from the West... and you cannot help but wonder if that is the one that will carry you to Korth...

Once you have all treated yourselves to one last proper meal before you leave Sharn, you pick up your things and set out for the nearest lift that will carry you to Upper Central Plateau where - according to your itinerary - your journey will begin. In Middle Menthis and Central, you get little attention as the platform levitates along its rails, but as you go higher and higher in the city, picking up more passengers, And it actually isn't due to Matz' disguise. Many people of the Upper City tend to be snobs when ordinary folk from the middle and lower city visit their lofty skyways...some of you get a few curious glances. You arrive at the top of a tower built like a wagon wheel on its side with each of its spokes ending in an artfully designed spire which supports several landings where one of the amazing flying ships might be moored. At the hub where you stand, each stone-wrought "spoke" is marked with signage so that passengers might find their appointed craft at any given time. Almas, Bellis, Cassomir... you turn, looking for your destination... Diobel... Elidir! Dock 3. You pull your cloaks/clothes tight against the stinging, wind-driven drizzle and start toward your spire...

From your lofty viewpoint miles above the surface, the horizon seems to go on forever! The rich farmlands that surround Re-visited! The Hilt is the name of the plateau upon which Sharn was built. It is named so for its association with the Dagger River.the Hilt appear as a plush emerald-green blanket. Given the frequent storms, a considerable amount of water runs down into the Dagger River, making the lands as fertile as any in Khorvaire... and with the storm clouds localized around the spires of Sharn, there is much more sunlight upon the surface.

"Heading for Korth? Lyrandar Stormglory Bolt, licensed and insured!" a friendly deckhand calls out as you approach the spire where the blue-hulled ship you spotted earlier is docked. He notes your glances at the ship and proudly shares a few details about the vessel. "It's one of the smaller class of Lyrandar air ships, but it's fast and very maneuverable, requiring no more than a crew of four. The hold is pretty spacious for its size, though it's nothing like a Wind Galleon, so don't be expecting any private quarters or anything like that... but with just us, there will be plenty of room to stretch out!" he shouts as he waves you up the aerial causeway to the gangplank.

"Watch your step," the deckhand says with a chuckle, gesturing over the side of the plank.

Your mysterious companion (or someone's working-class fashion sense) might have spooked one or two people upon the lift but the crew of the small Lyrandar aircraft, the Archon II, doesn't give any of you a second glance. A slight The half-elves of Eberron are known as "khorovar" and do not possess the same stigma that they do in other settings. They are just another race of people who call Khorvaire their home.khorovar woman wearing a tricorn hat and a simple coat pushes herself through a hatch in the deck, making you wonder if the captain has brought his adventurous daughter along for the trip. When she begins barking orders to one of the deckhands, a burly dwarf that looks the equal of six of her, threatening to throw him overboard for not properly securing the cargo... you might be surprised.

Seeing you, she straightens her cap and saunters towards you, extending a gloved hand in greeting... and you see an elegant tangle of azure lines - a dragonmark - climbing up the side of her neck from underneath her coat.

"Captain Laeral d'Movato of The dragonmarked family of khorovar who possess the Mark of Storms which grants them power over the weather, from calm winds to violent squalls. They have all but monopolized the business of shipping and transportation across sea and sky.House Lyrandar," she says, introducing herself, shouting to be heard above the roaring of the elementals bound into an incandescent blue ring surrounding sleek craft. "You can stage your bags below deck, just be mindful that things might shift a little once we're underway. Bosun Gauss will show you to your bunks and the privvy and give you a few tips that will keep you from being blown overboard. We haven't lost anyone, yet!" It's little consolation, as she shrugs and says that as if it's inevitable that it will happen...
__________________
Tentatively getting back to it...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 11:16 AM
Unko Talok's Avatar
Unko Talok Unko Talok is offline
Peace, Love, and Gaming
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 18960
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Posts: 14,566
Doovol Khaavolaar Doovol made a breakfast of the sweet pastries that were being sold near their destination. He hated the damned things. Far too much sugar, and no substance to it. Nothing to strengthen the muscles that draw back the bow or bring down a blade. It's not that he couldn't have found something better-suited to his tastes. Doovol was motivated by finally having information to absorb. Rather than waste time looking for good food, he decided to get whatever was quick and easy, so he could focus his attention on reading through the charters carefully, learning every bit he could. Of course, this could have waited until on the ship, one might argue. But to the Hobgoblin's mind, the future was never certain, and it was always better to prepare earlier than to be caught unawares. He read over the information while eating the pastries, staining them here and there with bits of oil and sugar.

His stomach was undergoing the pangs of absorbing too much sweet with no savory as the deckhand explained the ship's resources, but Doovol maintained a calm exterior. "I am pleased-- speed and maneuverability are perfect for our purposes. And I think we will all appreciate the ample space." At Captain Laeral's presence, Doovol nodded. "If there is anything I can do to be useful, say so and I will assist. I thank you for passage aboard your vessel." Of course, the last bit was somewhat hollow. Lyrandar offered passage to those who paid, and the group's passage had been paid for. It didn't matter, though. It was proper to give thanks. So Doovol gave thanks.

While taking gear below-decks, where it would be safe, Doovol looks over Kova, who is almost certainly displeased with being awake at such an ungodly hour. "All is well? I think this is earlier than you would have preferred. If you need anything, I can try to make a sleep-aid, or a remedy." He wanted to be sure that his companions were in ideal condition for the road ahead.

 


 

__________________
The Fickle Tendrils of Fate | Site Rules & Help | Become a Community Supporter
Black Lives Matter - Gay and Trans rights are human rights.
she/her/hers

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jan 22nd, 2020, 09:28 AM
ruffdove's Avatar
ruffdove ruffdove is offline
Haroog!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 11th, 2021
RPXP: 20667
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Posts: 4,052
KovaThe halfling wizard stocked up on cinnamon cakes. It was his experience that when in a pinch, one could substitute sugar for sleep, at least on a short term basis. That the cakes were delicious was just another one of those happy coincidences that allowed Kova to maintain his upbeat outlook. On the way up to Dock 3, he busied himself reading through all of the legal details of the charter and the full itinerary. Although he felt that he had a reasonably good grasp on the proceedings, Kova found the paperwork of the nobility to be an interesting little world of its own, with its own laws and language. He also knew that the ability to navigate this world was Looking for anything interesting of suspicious about the charter and itinerary.
Dice Knowledge, Nobility:
1d20+7 (4)+7 Total = 11
more important than most people thought.

It wasn't until they were walking out to their skyship that Kova finished his perusal of the papers, picked off and devoured one last sugary crumb left by either him or his fellow sweet-tooth Dooval, and started to look where he was going! Good thing I didn't wander off a ledge! he thought to himself. The time lost to featherfalling and climbing back up would have put his companions and the ships crew in a mood, and rightfully so, he supposed. He instantly began studying the details of the ship, reminding himself that the rank and file crew probably wouldn't have answers to most of his questions.

"Tight quarters shouldn't be a problem, my good man," the halfling piped up to the deckhand. "I take up little room and my things take up less. Besides, I expect to spend most of the trip topside. What kind of weather can we expect? I do hope the night sky won't be obscured..." After admiring the captain and her easy command of the ship for a moment, Kova extended his hand. "Kova Yarabree, at your service, my Lady Captain!" She obviously merited the Lady honorific, captain or no. "So... how does this ship work??"

OOC

 

 

Last edited by ruffdove; Jan 22nd, 2020 at 09:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jan 29th, 2020, 03:15 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2021
RPXP: 20681
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 9,610
Matz Barron
Matz savoured the morning dish. The syrup-sweetened chopped nuts wrapped in fluffy layers of filo pastry and the sugar-powdered strudels with baked apple-slices contested for his favorites, but he gave the baker his full approval for both kinds regardless.

Rich taste in mouth and a strut to his gait, he ventured up with the others and made sure to hide his tail and red skin as much as possible in his garbs. It was a comfort to him to see that the crew on the Stormglory Bolt was no strangers to ordinary devilish looks and once quartered on the hull he gave Hell in disguise and appeared on the deck with a winners grin on his face and an adventurous gleam in his bloodshot eyes. He had folded up his sleeves to show the absolute red skin with the crawling tattoos of vines and thorns flowing like a shrubbery up from his fingers and in under his sleeves.

He stood rank beside the perfectly looking lady captain, close enough that she would smell the faint whiff of brimstone coming off from Matz, An easy lie.All my life I’ve been in Sharn, Cap’n. Journeying the world are for the lucky few. Can’t believe my luck to have such a pristine jewel as yerself to be taking me soaring today. His smooth flowing malty voice is a seducer in itself - if you fancy mystery and darkness in your fiendish clients - Matz chuckles and falls silent with Dovool’s and Kova’s questions. He have no intentions to follow the hobgoblin’s inclination to jump at any option for manual labour and slide gallantly over at Kova’s side to take interest in the weather report instead. Forgive me, my lack of geographical knowledge, Cap’n, but how long is our journey?


__________________
The return of the snail!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jan 30th, 2020, 10:24 AM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,758
Ky had managed to arrive first, though had lingered to the side to watch for and then at the others as they arrived. A quick assessment to more mentally convince herself that this was not a bad idea to head out into the unknown with those she knew, and did not know, granted it was those that she knew which would cause most the greatest concern. Still, it never hurt to have a few extra bodies along, and she was quite confident that she had a bit more experience now at this whole group thing without a certain arrogant Dwarf bossing her around, Ky could manage this.

A casual stroll onto the deck, the balance needed here was no where near that of her own entry and exit to her home, though she knew that in short order she would be farther above the ground then she might prefer. Still there was something exciting about it all, if she would allow the joy of the flight to sink in. A small nod and smile for their captain, along with a grin to herself, it did seem that nothing had been spared to ensure that the Wayfarers would make it to their goal, it would just be up to them on the arrival to continue the streak of good fortune for as long as possible.

"Don't spend the whole night staring up Kova, we need you awake for later... " The tone was light and teasing as she cast a slight glance towards Matz with an oh so familiar smirk. "I dare say I will do my best to stay out of the way Captain and hope that a small corner in which I can continue plotting our journey will not be inconvenient."

It was not that she had a lot to work with on plotting or planning anything, but it seemed wise to have a reason why she might stay out of the way, not be roped into assisting anything and keep an eye on the whole deck. Complacency was not on her mind, even if this was supposedly all secret, ESPECIALLY since this was supposed to be a safe journey. A little caution was always a good thing.



 

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB