twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 15th, 2014, 09:17 PM
That guy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 630
Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze Vahnscraze
Yes! We were moving! To where? Something about a teleportal. I don't know the specifics; things go whirrrrrrr and we appear somewhere else. Magickal things make that happen; I don't ask questions about that, otherwise more boring talkfests happen. Being teleportaled made me feel slightly queezy; something only spiraling towards the ground after a heavy drinking session can cause. I was surprised. Not that I liked it, but I haven't felt like that in a while.

As we arrived at our destination, the other people were all cautious; swords and stuff in-hand and trying to look scary. They just really need to chill down a bit. Watching as the one girl walks away, I look around the area and see what we got. Some grass, always good. Some trees in the background, nice. A big, stone tower...so unnecessary. I mean, wouldn't it make sense to dig into the ground? Having that big ol' tower's like saying 'Here we are! Come get us; we're right here!' Silly mammals; thinking big buildings make you stronger; only make you easier to spot. Now, if you dig underground, much harder to find. Getting visibly disappointed with the situation that is the mammals' mindset, or what little Zerath thought he could grasp, he looked over towards the girl who returned as she spoke.

Listening to her talk, I focused a little on the 'her talking' part more than the 'what she was saying' part, but they wouldn't be able to tell the difference, right? As she finished, I remembered her talking about the bombs and guards crowding around them. "If we put one bomb on the other side, they'll all go over there. Then, we bomb here and rush through to the hostage." Zerath is being smart, yes yes. Girls like smarts. Zerath is already strong, so smarts will be a bonus.
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2741
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Opal grimaced as soon as her ride through the portal was through. It had been really unpleasant. "Remind me to check the spells used for this particular portal." A glance at Winter showed her that he was still trying to get his stomach under control. She wanted to make sure he and Never were alright, but talk of how to get into the fortress and what to do with the explosives stole her attention.

Sighing, she wondered why the gargoyle wanted to cause so much noise and destruction. "I may have a way to get us inside without drawing a lot of attention. It would take a little while to set up since Never would have to scout the area. We'd also have to be a lot closer. However, if we can pull it off, we'd be appearing suddenly. Should our warriors be ready, they should be able to take out anyone nearby before the alarm is raised. Mind, this is only theory." She smiled as the raven landed on her shoulder. He, and her half-elven bodyguard, seemed to be over the side-effects of their rapid transportation. "Also, I do not believe I introduced Winter." Opal vaguely indicated the half-elf behind her. "He's here to protect me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Winter nodded. "Please do not worry that I will betray this mission. My life and loyalty belong to Thalia." He offered a wry smile. No doubt the fact that he spoke the reptilian common language would surprise more than one of their companions. "Besides, I have very little love for my fellow Mammals."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assuming that that settled the matter of Winter's presence, Opal returned to helping further the rescue plans. "Once inside, I can ask some of the animals if they know where Ekwaran is." She wanted to keep a few secrets, but the possibility of having informants within the fortress was too much of an advantage to not share.
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Chaser of Golden Apples

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Zu was really beginning to think this whole 'team' thing was a mistake. "No, blowing up the front gate is a bad idea. My only point was that these devices are only really useful as diversions. We're outnumbered, so even if we're better than they are, they stand a good chance of defeating us if we provoke a full out fight. I'd much prefer that we not need to use the explosives at all, but they are available if necessary."

Zu stowed her true feelings about Opal's pet. The use of the lizard's language didn't phase her or put her at ease. After all, she spoke mammal. She'd watch him for treachery. But she was watching all of them for treachery. And stupidity. And recklessness. And anything else that could get her killed.

"I can get into the castle easily enough. Getting the rest of you in is a whole other story." Cross the moat, up and over the walls. Blend in. Knock out drops in the mammal's cup. Free the dragon. Slit a few throats along the way, if absolutely necessary. She had no qualms about slitting the throats. But it made such a mess. Hard to keep up a potentially long and monotonous stake out when everyone was freaking out about blood stains on the carpet. But that plan was well and truly scuppered if the others wanted to tag along.

Still, if they were to be a team, best to keep them all alive. Or she'd get one hell of a dressing down when she got back to Enclave. "Whatever our plan is, there are supposed to be traps along the way. Stay behind me so I can deal with them." She focused this sentence at the gargoyle, though she wasn't entirely sure why.
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 11:54 PM
That guy

Tools
User Statistics
As everyone starts picking at his plan, Zerath slowly realizes what they're saying and nods reluctantly.

Stupid Zerath. Your plan was horrible and now everyone's mocking you. You don't even deserve the girls' attention; not like I had much of a chance, seeing as one already had a mammal boyfriend. This is why I didn't want to be like everyone else in my family. I know I'm not the smartest, at all. I can't come up with good plans. This one time I try to think and say my plan, it ends up being a stupid idea. This is why I go around the den and do what I want; what makes me happy. Sure, I may have someone (bakery owner) get angry at me and threaten me, but that's not very often. A quiet, peaceful life with no responsibilities.

Giving a contented sigh, he overhears Zu mention getting everyone over the moat. Feeling a sense of redemption, Zerath speaks, though a bit calmer than previously, "For anyone who can't fly, I can carry." Slowly sprawling out his wings partially, he was definitely a fit individual; his wings seeming capable of carrying more than your typical beast, even more-so than expected of a grand gargoyle. As discussion continued with Zu, he began to think more on what was being said. Curling his wings back around himself again, he pondered on her words. Follow her...knowing your roles...doing as ordered...just like everyone else... Correlating his scenario with everything he has experienced with his family and their upbringing, he was going to be in a similar situation as if under the guise of a soldier much like his cousin. He wasn't pleased about it, but this wasn't the time or the circumstances for him to simply do as he pleased. He wouldn't think about it any longer; knowing he'll reflect on it later, he looked to Zu with a face showing some resolve as opposed to his previous aloof nature; giving a nod of confirmation. He wanted to see how this would play out and what to take from it afterward, but for now they had royalty to save and Zerath would actually put effort into this act.
Old Sep 18th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Though she wanted to offer a snappish reply of her own, Opal held her tongue until she was sure she wouldn't over react. "Alright. If you're going to lead us to the fortress, then do so." She turned her attention to Zerath. "I shall keep you kind offer in mind."
Old Sep 20th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Up close, the fortress doesn't look much different from far away. You note a distinct lack of guards on the turrets and windows and such. Perhaps they don't really expect an attack? It's quite possible, this is away from the front. Still, how to get into the place without causing a fuss? Or perhaps the fuss is what you want? Either way, a drawbridge stands between you and your dragon.

The moat is roughly 20 feet across, and the walls about 50 feet high.
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 09:38 AM
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Thissic strokes his chin and ponders the problem for a while, then speaks in his Boss Voice (which is the same as his normal voice). "Here is my plan, such as it is: Zu here seems confident in her infiltration skills and I see no reason to doubt her, but she needs quiet and space to work. The rest of us are probably better suited to a more direct approach. Given that, I say Zu heads inside on her own while we wait for however long she needs to get a head start. Then we blow this door to provide her with a distraction and search the building ourselves, causing as much fuss as we can and carrying the other bomb in case we need to bring a ceiling down or make a new door. When she needs to, Zu can follow the sounds of battle and regroup with the team. Otherwise, she can meet us back home in her own time. If she doesn't make it out after a couple of hours, we go back and fetch her. Finally, I shall buy dinner. Agreed?"

Last edited by Caput; Sep 21st, 2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 03:01 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
The drake pouts when anti-air wards are mentioned, making it clear she likes to fly around and had thoughts for simply breaking through one of the apparently impossible to breach windows.

She had handled the teleport better than others, not because she didn't get nausious but simply because she is more used to it. Apprentice mages are sent through all teh bad gates gathering ingredients.

A raised eyebrow of disdain at Zu, "Distraction? What need have we for a distraction when dealing with some pathetic mammals."

Zerath's idea gets more favor, more explosions is always good in her view, "I like this. Lets do that."

When Opal suggests a more subtle plan she regains her pout, which turns into a full sneer at the elf, "You brought a pet? Just make sure it stays out of the way, and don't expect me to put myself at risk to protect it."

The group seems to decide against the bombs, so she is silent until Zarath suggest flying people in, "You did hear about the anti-air wards, yes?"

As they gather closer to the keep, Noridai is still pouting. She is clearly a pouter, and still Does Not Want To Be Here.

When the plan is brought up again she sighs, and turns to the Chameleon, "Want me to make you invisible? I can make it last, like, half an hour." she asks, as if greatly put upon, but since she is here she might as well...

Peering into the moat, "If we stay under the drawbridge, do you think the anti-flying ward will hit us? I like this dress, and don't it to get scorched."
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 04:07 PM
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Thissic shrugs. "I've no idea. Back when I lived in the palace, I think my security system would have been shooting us by now regardless. As would the guards. And the golem. And the murderous sapient topiary. Then again I'm pretty sure I was a lot more paranoid than the people who live here. We should probably see about getting you extra dresses, since the mammals will likely want to make holes in that one, regardless of how good it looks."

Last edited by Caput; Sep 21st, 2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 04:24 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
She looks outraged, "They wouldn't dare!"

"This dress was made by Gra'alak, one of the most exclusive dressmakers around! If they so much as smear it with dirt I will blow the entire keep the ground, dragon and all!"

She seems serious, as if she genuinely thinks she could do it.

Last edited by Moridain; Sep 21st, 2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 04:45 PM
That guy

Tools
User Statistics
So the one called Zu liked my words. This is good. And then little girl goes and says stupid things. Of course Zerath knows about the wards! Zerath look like he no care, but he pay enough attention. Little girl keeps talking and says what Zerath was thinking. There you go! Zerath know not to fly up and into tower, but under would be new.

Nodding to himself in agreement with the girl, he listens as Thissic speaks.

Thissic offer food? Nobody ever give Zerath free food before. Only parents, but only because I am family. And the random baked good from angry bakery owner; those are good too. Thissic can't be that bad if he offers food. "Zerath likes this plan."

Looking over at the girl getting angry over her dress getting damaged, Zerath ponders for a bit before returning to face the girl.

"Zerath can test, though Zerath think it best if we get across same way Zu does; guaranteed no ward." As long as ward-maker not some ancient, powerful magic-user, Zerath should be fine. Silly wards only touch surface, Zerath very hard to kill.

Zerath nods to himself in his own monologue.
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 05:51 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Anger as quickly forgotten as it was raised she looks at Zerath speculatively, then shrugs and examines her nails, "So long as you go first, I won't argue."

Raising an eyebrow at the cameleon, "So, you want the invisibility or not? We can't just stand here all day, you know..."
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 07:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Opal gave Noridai a withering look. She was willing to overlook the girl's distrust of Winter's abilities, he would remedy that soon enough, but she would not condone her threatening to 'blow the keep to the ground, dragon and all'. "Child, dresses can be replaced. Lives cannot. Will you really destroy the entire fortress for a bit of dirt that the proper cantrap can remove?" Her eyes narrowed to slits and she adjusted how high her head was from the ground. She wanted to look the girl in the eyes. "Think carefully before answering because I very well may be the only healer on this mission." She returned to her 'normal' height, her expression softening. "My only request is that we kill as few as possible."
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 07:59 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
She draws herself up at the implied threat of non-healing, "Y-you wouldn't dare." she says, then tries to laugh off the situation, "I mean, they are only mammals. We are part of the revolution here, to kill off the mammals? What do we care if they all die off so long as our target is okay?"

Seeing the hard light in his eyes she pouts, crossing her arms and turning away, "Whatever... It wouldn't matter if I could have brought my whole wardrobe along, but noo..."

Glaring at your continued gaze, she resists for a moment then sags, "Fine! I won't blow up the keep, okay? Sheeze... But I will totally blow up anyone who gets in my way. I mean, the chance to kill some mammals is the only part of this stupid resistance war thing that I like!"

Last edited by Moridain; Sep 21st, 2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 08:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"You were lucky to have been given a choice to join this bloodbath. I wasn't so lucky." Opal sighed. She honestly was a healer. The only time she really stood up to anyone was when life was on the line. "This revolution doesn't have to mean extinction of the Mammals. We can take over their nations. Reduce them to little more than servants and slaves. We do not have to kill them."