twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 04:38 AM
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Thissic quietly facepalms as all this goes on. Why couldn't it have come out on the way to the teleporter or something? These guys are not the military unit he was expecting.

"Sadly, not all dresses can be replaced, but since the people in this keep will be trying to kill us the moment they figure out why we're here, they will not care about the quality of your clothes any more than you worry about theirs. Blowing this whole place up is out of the question anyway: The whole point in this revolution is that we, as a society, are better than them. Once we take our natural place in the hierarchy of species and unify the Surface with the Enclave, there'll be no need to exterminate them. They'll see the light, like Winter here. If we're going to forget our loyalty to the dragons and burn down settlements tit-for-tat, we might as well just go home and... and...descend into mammary!"

Last edited by Caput; Sep 22nd, 2014 at 04:40 AM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 08:49 AM
Chaser of Golden Apples

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Zu gave a smile and a nod to Thissic's original plan, especially the bit about buying dinner. The rest of the conversation had her standing back a step and letting the others go at it. She had no desire to step into that particular pissing match. The take home message for her was, not only did she have to worry about being blamed for the death of a Drake (whether she was at fault or not, since Chameleons often got stuck with the blame), but now she had to worry about the pretty pretty princess's dress too.

As it started to wind down a bit, she turned to Opal and said, "I won't hesitate to kill if necessary, but only if necessary. Killing would only draw attention and would defeat the purpose of a diversion." To the group as a whole, but largely to Noridai, she added, "If we're agreed on the plan? Then yes, please, the invisibility spell would be greatly appreciated."
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 12:42 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Noridai raises a brow at Thissic, "But we are better than them, so we don't need to prove it..."

"Anyway, you are boring..."
and he was saying complicated stuff that she didn't care to think about. Oh, she was far from stupid but studying mammals is tiresome when there are so many better things to look into.

Turning to Zu, "Fine. How long should we wait?"

They then draw a rod from where it was hanging concealed within the ruffles of her dress. It looks like a pair of hourglasses that had been stretched long and thin and wrapped around each other, the sand within running very slowly in opposite directions as if flowing through thick but clear tar.

Making a gesture she touches their designated sneak with the rod and he swiftly fades from view. She then returns the rod to her side.
oocCasting invisibility, using my lesser rod of Extend to double its duration to 32 minutes.
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5

Tools
User Statistics
Thissic smiles back at Zu, but then Noridai's reply makes him frown. "Our actions don't prove we're good, they make us good. If we acted like them, we'd be like them. It's our duty as drakes to set an example. And I'm not boring, I'm stylish as hell. I don't spazz out and burn down whole castles for the same reason you don't go out wearing last night's pyjamas: That would be tasteless and crude. Now, if we're quite finished, lets go embarrass some bad guys."
Old Sep 24th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Chaser of Golden Apples

Tools
User Statistics
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Zu responded, "Give me 15 minutes." As the spell took hold and rendered her invisible, she took off. She went at a reasonable pace,
Dice perception:
1d20+11 (4)+11 Total = 15
keeping her eyes open for signs of traps. She headed to the moat and walked right over it, then started to Climb speed 20climb up the wall.

Old Sep 24th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Zu: You wander across the water, and up the wall. Ninjas are cool. Nothing really comes to deal with you, though once you reach a second floor window, you are a little annoyed to see a zappy field of electricity over it. It will probably sting a bit to jump through it, though you are tough and sturdy.

Inside looks like an empty stone hallway, slightly blurred from the sparks.
Old Sep 25th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5

Tools
User Statistics
Fifteen minutes seems like a long time to Thissic. He was expecting something more like 5. Oh well. The chameleon probably knows best. Thissic can't even remember what those little throwing star things are called, much less figure out how to walk on a moat.

"Good luck, Zu. Guys, since it's fifteen whole minutes, we want to be on the look out for patrols and anybody spotting us by chance. Did anybody bring a flask of tea or something? I didn't think to."
Old Sep 25th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2741
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Opal and Winter exchanged glances when Thissic asked about tea. There was a small bottle of brandy in the kit at Opal's waist. Neither had any desire to mention it since there may be need of it later. After all, alcohol made a wonderful antiseptic.

"No. Of course, we never carry water either. I probably should start carrying some. However, as I, nor Winter, have no need to eat or drink, any water we carried would likely just sit in a flask or waterskin for days or weeks on end." Opal shrugged and Winter nodded his agreement with her statement.
Old Sep 25th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Noridai flushes slightly, realising she had forgotten to bring along something to drink. In the past servents always handled that kind of thing... A blanket to sit on would also be nice, and perhaps some fresh fruit.

At Opals comment about the lack of need to eat and drink, she loses a bit of the flush to curiosity, peering at their hands to check for rings of sustenance. It isn't something she would get herself, she enjoys food too much and has magic to negate the need for sleep, but it is an interesting item.
Old Sep 25th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Chaser of Golden Apples

Tools
User Statistics
Zu took note of the zapping field, but does not touch it. She was less concerned with being zapped and more concern with the possibility of it being rigged to an alarm. That, and she had no idea if such a thing would prematurely end the invisibility spell. For now, she continued up the wall, to the very top, to see if this field stretches over the turrets as well.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Zu: It continues up and around, like a bubble of sorts. You can see a pleasant wooded courtyard down below, though you'd have to jump through the field to get there. Silly shields.

From here, the vantage is a little better. It's like a large castle in back, with a smaller keep in the front. 3 stories up front, 5 in the back, The courtyard is entirely contained within the small keep section, though, so access to the castle proper would have to be through the keep.

You note there are no birds up here whatsoever. They have learned long ago to not go near the zappy space.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Chaser of Golden Apples

Tools
User Statistics
Damn, she thought as she saw the dome-like covering. Mindful of how long she was taking, she climbed back down the wall and grabbed a handful of rocks. With the rocks secured in a belt pouch, she climbed up to a window in the castle part of the fortress, looking for an empty room or corridor.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Zu: None of these hallways appear to be occupied. You're all good.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Chaser of Golden Apples

Tools
User Statistics
She positioned herself to watch the hallway and threw a pebble through the window. She looked at the rock for signs of how badly singed it was by the passage, but mostly she looked for signs that guards were reacting to an alarm.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2741
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
"Is our wait over? I'd really like to get moving." Opal conveniently left out the fact that Noridai's sudden fascination with her was a little unsettling. She preferred it when the girl barely glanced her way. Anyone looking will notice bracers on her wrists and a ring on each hand.Wrapping her arms about herself, she edged a bit closer to the half-elf standing next to her.