Old 01-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
SnakePlissken
Call Me Snake

Or Joe. Joe works.

I've been playing D&D since my grandfather introduced me via B/X when I was 8 years old in the mid-90s. These days I mostly play that and 5e. I'm also doing a semi-PBP kind of game one on one with a friend via Discord (meaning that sometimes one of us will post and it will be a while until the other replies, and sometimes we happen to both be on at once and it's a bit more back-and-forth), and I really like the ability to come up with a well-thought-out response without slowing anyone down.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:54 PM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18178
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Good evening Joe or Snake,

Not sure what B/X is referring to (non-native so often confused ;-) but I understand you have a lot of experience with D&D. There is a lot of 5E activity over here so I am sure you will have fun. Have you been cruising the site yet and spotted some games you would like to join?
Most important though, welcome over here and feel free to ask questions if you have them
Old 01-14-2019, 02:06 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
SnakePlissken
B/X is one of the first editions of D&D that was released after the original. It was part of the Basic line that was published alongside AD&D for a while. It's called B/X because it was released in two parts: Basic (the first few levels) and Expert (the rest).

I'm actually looking around there now. Thank you for the welcome!
Old 01-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13317
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Are there any specific games that you're looking for? A specific setting / genre / or pace that you prefer?

We're also a lot more than just PbP. We have advice sections for both players and GMs. We have more forum games than you can shake a stick at. We even have a dedicated creative writing wing called the library!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:31 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35895
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Snake Plissken. I think I saw you fight Ox Baker in New York years ago. You were friends with Harold and Maggie, right?
Old 01-14-2019, 06:52 PM
Wazdakka: King of Flames!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2510
Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers
Welcome to the site
Old 01-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4762
McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakePlissken View Post
B/X is one of the first editions of D&D that was released after the original. It was part of the Basic line that was published alongside AD&D for a while. It's called B/X because it was released in two parts: Basic (the first few levels) and Expert (the rest).

I'm actually looking around there now. Thank you for the welcome!
Welcome Snake! (or Joe) which ever you prefer?

You're going way back with those versions. I believe they are refereed to as the Blue and Red box editions. Those are the days when I started too. I still have my red books!

Have fun and I'll see you around the site.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:32 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55028
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

another name I cannot believe had not been snatched up years ago. COngrats on grabbing it, such an awesome name.

Glad your grandad brought you into the fold, hope you stick around so long that you can teach your grandkids!

Happy gaming!
Old 01-15-2019, 04:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 850
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Snake! Snake! Snaaaaake!

Wait, wrong Snake. Anyways, welcome to the site. I suggest keeping the formatting page at hand, as pulling formatting types together piecemeal is nowhere near as fun as it sounds.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2779
Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn
Hi Snake!

Learned from the red and blue box too! This place is a real blast. Hope you have a great time here and let us know if you need anything.

Currently playing in West Marches: Westhaven; West Marches: Everlasting Unknown; and Hoard of the Dragon Queen DMing in West Marches: Westhaven
Old 01-18-2019, 10:16 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30865
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
I just met you, and this is crazy.... but here's my username, but call me snake

*ahem* sorry, not sure why that popped into my head upon seeing your thread.

I love that part of PbP too - the ability to spend as much or as little time on a post as I want to is absolutely one of the best parts of gaming on a forum like this.

Game on!