Notices

Old 02-14-2019, 01:12 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
auntmousie
Introducing Auntmousie

Hi, I'm Auntmousie, and I'm a gamer. Hi, Auntmousie!
I've been a gamer for ... more or less my whole life. I started at the tender age of seven, back when "elf" was a class. In the 80s I played every game I could lay my hands on - D&D (of course), Gamma World, Paranoia, Champions, Shadowrun, TMNT, Marvel SH . . . that's not an exhaustive list, it's just that memory is the second thing to go.

But what's the first? I don't remember.

In the 90s I grabbed on to some White Wolf stuff and played that (mostly vampire) for a really long time - in fact, I basically swore off D&D from '92 until about when 3.0 came out. Since then it's been a mix of this and that.

In the 2000s I was part of some play-by-emails that were really amazing while they lasted - one big sandboxy World of Darkness game, one Changeling game that didn't last long but was the only time I ever got to play that . . . and then this really odd "just play something" game where I portrayed Anne Bonney (the historical pirate) who had fallen through a thinny and been trained as a Gunslinger (a la The Dark Tower by Stephen King). That game was . . . weird.

In the last 10 years, against my better judgment, I've become an adult. I went to law school and got a job, and now I get paid by the government to sue the government, which - ya gotta admit - is pretty cool. It's like sticking it to the man for a living.

On the flip side, buying a house and staying in one place has meant my erstwhile gaming buddies have slowly but surely eroded, and my ridiculous hours have made it hard to expand my social circle. (Picture yourself saying "Your honor, I was wondering, would you like to help me rob a dragon?" Yeah, I'm not seeing it.)

I've got a PF game going with my oldest niece and my youngest nephew and a couple other friends, but I never thought I'd be the person only gaming once every other week.

So when a dude on the Tavern at the End of the Internet shilled a link to this joint, I decided to look it up... and here I am.

I've barely scratched the surface of "all about me" but you can't put 30+ years of gaming, much less life, into a handful of sentences and expect it to be complete.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:43 AM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55028
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Glad you joined us. What area of law do you work in?

Pathfinder is still going strong here, although 5e is probably more popular.. I still have my gaming set to PF, if you can't tell.

Hope to see you around!
Old 02-14-2019, 05:46 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18178
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning auntmousie,

Wow, I am impressed with so many years of experience! Thanks for joining us and looking forward to your characters. Have you been cruising the site yet and spotted some games you would like to get creative for, do you have a favorite race and/or class you would like to play over here?
Most important though is to welcome you over here, happy gaming and I hope you have fun
(if not you may sue us ;-)
Old 02-14-2019, 05:00 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
auntmousie
@Dirk: I do Social Security Disability appeals. Been at it five years this week in fact. I had a chunk in the middle where I was doing hearings full-time but now I'm back to the rarified air of US District Court and Ninth Circuit. I've even got one case published so far (865 F.3d 1201, look it up if you're that kind of nerd).

@chocoladela, I only sue governments, not people I usually end up playing healers, which is driving me buggy as they're actually not my favorite, they're just often indispensable to party balance and I've got enough experience to play them well. When no one else at the table is brave enough to learn the magic system, my "but I want thews" argument falls flat.

Besides, I like being the caster. Mostly.

I'll probably look for a good Shadowrun game first. Never enough Shadowrun in my life.

Dear me, I do blather on.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13317
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Tavern at the end of the internet you say? That sounds like a great place with very talented, intelligent, and attractive moderator staff.

Well with a pedigree like that, the world is your oyster! Pathfinder and D&D5 may be the top dogs, but you can find just about anything if you're patient enough. Though I am curious about your time with Shadowrun. Have you had a chance to play 5th edition yet? I've been running a game of it here for over a year now

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:58 AM
Wazdakka: King of Flames!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2510
Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers
Hello and welcome to the site. I hope you find everything you're looking for here
Old 02-17-2019, 03:52 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
auntmousie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Have you had a chance to play 5th edition yet? I've been running a game of it here for over a year now
I have! I've run a couple Technomancers, and a Pixie Shaman that I was very fond of (even though I gave her a real tearjerker of a backstory). A couple short(ish) term games, and a one-shot. Never, ever enough.

If you've got room for one more I'd be happy to talk, and if you don't, that's fine. I looked at the game ads and saw there's been a couple SR games started since the first of the year already, so I'm sure I won't have to wait long.