RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1403
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
You can have higher parry/dodge scores while out of armor, but as soon as the armor goes on, they drop to no more than +5 each. Toward that end, you can include flaws that drop those scores for extra points that you can use for your Impervious toughness -- and yes, you can take it for only 3 ranks -- though as it would have the same effect as 2 ranks, I recommend either going with 2 or 4 ranks.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10799
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
I want to be able to largely ignore small arms fire. Would 2 or 4 ranks be more appropriate for that?

Basically anything short of a Techi gun or power (or something military like a rocket or grenade) he should be able to stand against it without needing to block.

Last question then, and I will post up my draft sheet. Do we need to grab Advantages around our HCP stuff? For example Connections would make sense since we have access to Dispatch, and Wealth from our government paychecks. And would a rank of Close Combat (unarmed) make sense since we would have learned some first/second year HCP?

Last edited by Moridain; Yesterday at 09:35 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
I have put a draft of my sheet at the end of my character app. It is 12pp short, but I will wait for a critique before adding or removing things.
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
To ignore small arms fire you would need Impervious 8 - That's just short of the sort of damage a shotgun or assault rifle can do, and it would block damage from pistols. Impervious 6 would block damage from all but the most powerful pistols. Impervious 4 would be enough to ignore things like a holdout pistol.

Immunity to firearms might be a cheaper option, if you just want to soak up bullets. Or mundane weapons if you want to shrug off ordinary weaponry while being vulnerable to powers and more extraordinary devices like energy rifles or tomahawk missiles.
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Ahh, I didn't know immunity could work for that. I think I will get immunity R4 (bullets). It suits what I had in mind without making him immune to other things like laser beams and the like. Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 339
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted Panda View Post
You can have more than one flaw.
Aight, thanks! I'm hoping I should have the powers-stuff up in a day or two at most.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
Old Today, 07:42 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 339
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Just so I'm not bogging this up, the 'Damage' Feature/Extra on powers - is that limited by Power Level? Or is that just an "As many points as you want" sort of thing? Also can the 'enhanced X' push your skills/stats past the PL? I've got it set to 'when angry' for Agility, but I just wanted to verify if that could be used to push it beyond the PL, or if that boost has to be within the PL-limit itself.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Today at 07:44 AM.