RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > A Debt to be Paid
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 02-14-2019, 06:44 PM
Numen Wraith's Avatar
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith is offline
Oregonian Wyvern
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2019
RPXP: 3064
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Posts: 4,752
KhelkoriKhelkori returns the cat's nasty Intimidation check = 11glare. He wasn't sure if it was working, but luckily his companions seemed to have wrapped up this awkward parlor visit. He shouldered the bag of chains and followed the Cat-Lord's directions toward the door.


OCCIf anyone else wanted to carry the chains, Khelkori would be happy to take turns shouldering the load, but I checked, and he has the highest STR mod.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:37 PM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2019
RPXP: 1051
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,260


Brigitte Ogou

 


Brigitte is unable to tell if the Cat Lord is telling the truth or not. Or at least how much is truth and how much isn't. She shrugs her shoulders. The Arbitrator did say that if anyone died then the survivors should bring back the body or at least some of it and they would be resurrected in Sigil...or by the Cat Lord....maybe....

She shrugs her shoulders once again. A debt must be repaired.

Brigitte scratches the hairless cats head and cheerfully says to it,

"See you soon cat!"

Looking around at the others she adds,

"I'm ready if everyone else is. I've never been to the Feywilds. Should be interesting!"

Last edited by voodoozombie; 02-14-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-16-2019, 04:19 PM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2019
RPXP: 1051
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,260


Brigitte Ogou

 



As she continues to pet the hairless cat, unable to get enough of it soft and strange feeling skin, Brigitte looks over at the Cat Lord as an sudden thought crosses her mind. It was something the Arbitrator had said. In order for him, or someone else to resurrect someone, a party member can bring back a part of the dead person instead of the whole body.


"I was wondering, Lord of Cats. Since you are skilled practitioner of magic, would it be o.k. if I left some of my hair with you so you can resurrect me? Just in case your loyal followers can't find my body, for some unforeseen reason."

She glances at the other party members and then back at the Cat Lord, smiling and still petting the hairless cat.

Last edited by voodoozombie; 02-16-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM
Fuzzbucket's Avatar
Fuzzbucket Fuzzbucket is offline
Young Panda
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2019
RPXP: 183
Fuzzbucket Fuzzbucket
Posts: 85
Zara
right-aligned image

Everyone appeared to be satisfied with their line of questioning for this Cat Lord, and it was time to leave. However, she was a bit overdressed. She took a few moments to pack away her shiny and clattery jewelry. They might give away her position if there was a need for stealth. Once ready, she turned to her host and said, "Thank you for your hospitality, milord. I hope to see you again soon. Hopefully you won't need to resurrect any of us. I suppose that depends on the rage of this Agnes. Do you think if, after we've been sufficiently defeated, she'd accept surrender and allow us to slink off with our tails between our legs? Or will her wrath not be slaked until at least a few of us are dead?"


After receiving an answer, she gives a bow, and adds (in Sylvan), "Until we meet again!" and heads outside with the others and takes in the view of the Feywild.

Character Info
 

__________________
Back again after a long hiatus!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM
Arachobia's Avatar
Arachobia Arachobia is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2019
RPXP: 5668
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
Posts: 9,452
The Cat-Lord smiles at Zara.

"I'm pretty sure her intent will be to knock you out and take you prisoner. If she kills you, it'll be an accident..."

He agrees to take some of Brigitte's hair, then happily waves to you as you leave. You step through the door into the Feywild.

The first thing you notice is how bright it is. Then how colorful it is. You appear to have stepped into a pleasant meadow of grass and flowers. Everything seems extremely colorful - the green of the grass is vibrant, the flowers practically glow. For those of you more accustomed to being underground the experience is distinctly unpleasant - even those of you more used to the sunshine feel a bit oversaturated. The sky is a vibrant blue and a blazing yellow sun beats a pleasant warmth down upon you - as if you are submerged in comfortably warm water.

But color is not the only thing heightened. You can smell everything too - the moisture on the grass, the pollen of the flowers, the muddy smell of the soil. It also seems extremely noisy - you can distinctly hear the buzzing and flapping on various insects moving between flowers and, slightly more distant, a constant chirping and chattering of bird calls. You hear the light breeze that dances over your skin and through your hair

It's not just your senses that seem extremely heightened and overstimulated - inwardly your emotions seem to run rampant. Whatever feelings coming here evokes seems to build exponentially, threatening to overwhelm you and make you shout with joy, swear in anger or collapse in despair.

Ahead of you, apparently the source of the raucous chorus of birds is a forest. It seems... light... which is curious as the trees are densely packed and should be casting far more shade beneath them; but everything within the forest is brightly illuminated.

A black cat is sitting a few yards away from the forest watching you intently. After a beat or two, it turns, flicks its tail, and walks into the trees.

You could swear when you arrived there was no path through the woods - but the cat somehow seems to walk into an extremely obvious pathway and meanders happily along it. When it threatens to leave your sight, it stops and lies down with its back towards you, flicking its tail.

OODM
In the Feywild everything is heightened: Colors, noises, smells, sensations, and emotions. Its essentially a more "alive" version of the normal world. Just to let you know out-of-game what being here is like.

The door has vanished behind you as soon as you all step through it.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Today, 02:28 AM
Numen Wraith's Avatar
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith is offline
Oregonian Wyvern
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2019
RPXP: 3064
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Posts: 4,752
KhelkoriKhelkori, struggling against the turmoil of emotions as he walks out the door, shakes his head, trying to contain the rage. He looks to his nearest companion, finding Yuroak. He considers seeking out another based on their short history, but with the emotions swelling inside him, he goes ahead with that option.

"Yuroak," he pleads, "I feel that you will have no trouble with this request. My emotions seem to be getting the best of me here. If you find me acting out of sorts, please, let me know. Tell me if I'm being irrational. I can't promise a positive response, but you have my appreciation in advance."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Today, 10:34 AM
AmonBlackwood's Avatar
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood is online now
Precisely when I mean to.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2019
RPXP: 309
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood
Posts: 416
Lydia
left-aligned image


The wafting wind and glowing flora all around is intense and beautiful, and Lydia cannot help but take it in. Breathing deep, she crouches slightly, pulling the glove off of her left hand. Touching a tuft of tall grass, the sensation is intense and textures vivid. Almost as if I can *feel* each blade of grass' life.. Her eyes go wide as the experience begins to overwhelm her, and she stumbles back to replace her glove.

She looks sheepishly about to her allies, who are mostly occupied with their own consumption of so many colors and sensations. No wonder the legends of the Feywild often end with people disappearing, never to return... "Shall we?" she says as she tries to act like this is all nothing too special.

Walking along, Lydia did her best to follow the cat and the path. There were myriad distractions, from birds of a thousand colors to wisps of light that danced between the trees, but she Passive Perception - 13kept an eye out to either side of the party as she trudged along in the middle of the group.

As they walked, Lydia bumped her shoulder against Zara's hip. "The Lord seemed to take quite a fancy to you.. but you were clearly more interested in his collections. Scholar by trade, perhaps?"



 
__________________
Posting Status:
Mon-Fri: Anytime
Weekends: Slow

PM if you need a quick response (will if available!)

Last edited by AmonBlackwood; Today at 10:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Today, 11:02 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is online now
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2019
RPXP: 5785
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 5,076
The Cat Lord
right-aligned image
Nature has many aspects and only some of them were on display for Winds Whisper in the Feywild and those that were assaulting his senses were not those with which he had attuned himself in his past life. Vibrant colors, the smell of growth and the impression of life were foreign to the kenku. He had spent his existence surrounded by the drab and muted hues of the marsh, enveloped by decay and invested in death and darkness. The bright soul of the demi-plane was as foul to the druid as drinking brackish water. He had not expected the place to be quite so repugnant.

With his eyes squinting against the ghastly brightness, he urged the group forward after the cat. "Enough gawking. Don't be fooled by the appearance of this place. As there is life and growth, so is there death and decay...even here."

Stat BlockWinds Whisper
HP: 10/10 | AC: 14 | Speed: 30 ft. | PP: 15 | Initiative: +3
STR: 10 (0) | DEX: 16 (+3) | CON: 14 (+2) | INT: 10 (0) | WIS: 16 (+3) | CHR: 8 (-1)
Skills: Medicine +5, Perception +5, Religion +2, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +5, Survival +5
Weapons: +5 to hit, 1d6+3, P, 80/320Shortbow, +2 to hit, 1d6 (1d8), BQuarterstaff
Languages: Common, Auran, Sylvan, Druidic
Spell Slots: 2/2
Cantrips: Transmutation cantrip
Casting Time1 bonus action
RangeTouch
ComponentsV, S, M (mistletoe, shamrock, club or quarterstaff)
Duration1 minute

You use your bonus action to touch a club or quarterstaff. For the duration thereafter, you can use your spellcasting ability modifier instead of Strength for the weapon, and its damage die becomes a d8. It also becomes a magical weapon if it isn't already. The spell ends if you cast it again or if you let go of the weapon.
Shillelagh, Conjuration cantrip
Casting Time1 action
RangeSelf
ComponentsV, S
Duration10 minutes

You use your action to conjure a small flame in your hand that harms neither you nor your equipment. It sheds 10 feet of bright light and an additional 10 feet of dim light. The spell ends if you use an action to dismiss the flame or cast this spell again.

As part of your action on the turn that you cast this spell, or on a later turn, you can throw the fire at a creature you can see within 30 feet of you. Make a ranged spell attack. On hit, the target takes 1d8 fire damage, and the spell ends.
Produce Flame
1st-Level Spells: 1st-level conjuration
Casting Time 1 action
Range 120 feet
Components V S
Duration Conc. Up to 1 hour

A 20-foot-radius sphere of fog appears within range of you until a wind of at least 10 miles per hour blows it away, or until the spell ends. The fog is centered on a point you choose, spreading around corners and heavily obscuring the area it fills.

At Higher Levels: The radius of the fog cloud increases by 20 feet for each spell level you cast this spell above the first.
Fog Cloud, 1st-level evocation
Casting Time 1 bonus action
Range 60 feet
Components V
Duration Instantaneous

A creature you can see regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels: The healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.
Healing Word, 1st-level evocation
Casting Time 1 action
Range Touch
Components V S
Duration Instantaneous

A creature you touch regains hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels: The healing increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.
Cure Wounds, 1st-level conjuration
Casting Time 1 action
Range 60 feet
Components S M (Water/ice)
Duration Instantaneous

Make a ranged spell attack. On hit, the target takes 1d10 piercing damage. Hit or miss, the knife explodes. The target and each creature within 5 feet must pass a Dexterity save or take 2d6 cold damage.

At Higher Levels: The cold damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above first.
Ice Knife

__________________
I have taken the Oath.

Last edited by tomplum; Today at 11:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB