Starfinder Ysoki Mechanic Seeking Ship! - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Players Seeking Games
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 16th, 2020, 04:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1767
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Ysoki Mechanic Seeking Ship!

Hello, Crossing!

As the title suggests, I am prowling for a Starfinder game for my wee little Ysoki - I am only in one game at the moment (huge shout-out to Hound for his/her patience and skill and understanding!) and I've been thinking that getting into a second one might help rejuvenate what I feel to be fairly lacking posting lately. Mainlining as Mechanic (naturally) I also plan to have her take a level or two of Icon for the 'face' abilities - I've always had her as having a focus on the mechanical skills (naturally) but also with very high charisma abilities to serve as a party 'face,' or at least as a diplomatic sort, owing to her background (nobility, second eldest of six, with a very philanthropic leaning and an earnestly charming and friendly demeanor.)

Preferably, the game itself would be - not-dark? Not necessarily light-hearted, but less The Expanse and more The Orville, where the risk of death is still there but mostly if you do something outright silly or dangerous and the general airs is optimism! High detail is delightful, as would be a lean more toward story and skills than combat (say, 60/40 or 70/30), and while I do appreciate more sandbox-y games I also understand how taxing those can be, so while that's the preference, modules would also be happily considered!
Old Aug 16th, 2020, 12:39 PM
Aeth sighting confirmed!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46647
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Hey there, Glitter!

Your character sounds awesome, but I notice you're checking a lot of boxes there. Are all of them central to your enjoyment of playing the Ysoki noble mechanic? Would you be willing to adjust the character to be less face, for instance, if the party makeup were heavy on charisma? Sometimes it's hard to fit game ideas to existing characters, so some idea how much of it you must have to enjoy it would probably help potential GMs. (Not trying to say you shouldn't shoot for the stars, of course!)
Old Aug 16th, 2020, 03:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Hello! Mirabelle doesn't have to be the face, but she always has the capacity to do so - She isn't the captain, and Icon isn't her main focus (gotta aim for that 18+ int and super-high mechanics skill!), and being high-borne isn't integral to gameplay so much as it's part of her background and such, it's literally just a matter of character over mechanics. :3
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 03:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Dropping a teeny-tiny bump to the advertisement!

Oh my, it's been four months since I posted this.
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 12:18 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5420
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
GLITTER

good luck with the starfinder search!
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 04:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Aw, thank ya, Marsh. :3