twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 14th, 2021, 10:52 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1461
AG128L AG128L AG128L AG128L AG128L AG128L AG128L AG128L AG128L AG128L
Can’t wait for the 17th! Good luck to all, and I’m excited to see what the final group shapes up to be. It’s fun to see how the group’s personalities might interact.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 12:23 AM
Hella Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 516
Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking
Hoping to get mine finished by the skin of my teeth tomorrow, but I’ve really enjoyed planning this character and reading all the other apps! Good luck everybody!
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 06:30 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2666
RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy
I just added the town connections to my application. Gillead is now complete.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 09:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 137
TibbyLTP TibbyLTP
As everyone else has said, there are a lot of really good characters here, not envious of having to make this selection.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 10:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24800
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Best of luck to everyone!
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Hella Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 516
Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking
Finally finished Ruhn Gormson! Sorry to apply in bits and pieces, but everything should be there. I've added an extra bit in the description section as well for a personality sum up in addition to finishing the back story.

Last edited by Thesandwichking; Jan 15th, 2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 05:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24800
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Added an RP sample to Olin Brewer's application, showing a little more about his personality and connections. There are really a lot of great apps here!
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 05:55 PM
The Eskimo of the Night

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
Eskim Night Eskim Night
Name: Brom Valran
Race: Variant Human (Magic Initiate)
Profession: Third heir to the Valran title, and aspiring merchant lord
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Noble

Personality Trait: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.

Ideal: Independence. I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family.

Bond: I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.

Flaw: By my words and actions, i often bring shame to my family.

Description:Attachment 89149 5' 10", with fiery red hair. Brom prefers to remain well dressed if he is able. He wears a red coat with a brown cloak clasped by a silver griffon, the symbol of his family. Hidden on his person somewhere is a small book that holds his few spells.

History: Brom is the youngest child of the Valran family, a minor noble based near Luskan. Though a force to be reckoned with two decades ago, poor financial luck and sabotage from rival house Dukal has left the Valrans on the edge of collapse in present day.

A gifted child, Brom took quickly to fencing and to magic as well. Though, with dwindling funds available for such things, his studies became less varied and more focused on the mundane world of trade and commerce. And while Brom had always sought to study as much magic as possible, he was never quite able to master any of it.

The Valrans' financial strain came to a peak when Brom's father died. The cause seemed magical, a curse of some sort perhaps, but despite the best healers the struggling nobles could afford, the head of the Valran family died, leaving the title to his eldest brother, Halcor. Any further chances of studying magic evaporated, as Halcor became suspicious and paranoid of magic in general.

Brom doubled down on his studies, and from what public appearances he made at galas and the like, he did his best to learn the ins and outs of noble society. He despised every second of it. Being from such a low house left him the subject of ridicule and scorn among high society. Brom much preferred the time he could get away from it all, wandering the woods, or reading in the library. He spent as much time as he could studing anything he could find that was arcane, eventually making some small steps, and mastering a few ritual spells.

Halcor found out, and was furious. A major fight ensued, which Brom prefers not to reflect on. Brom was all but banished. He spent as much time as he could in his room, focusing on a way to remedy his family's standings, and how to repair his family. Eventually a rumor of the troubles of Ten Towns reached him, and he saw an opportunity. Struggling people need help, and perhaps supplies. There's business to be had, people to be helped, and money to be made.

Personality: Always scheming to try and raise his and his family's station in life. He swings from cold and calculating to smiling and cheerful depending on who he's dealing with. While a noble who knows how to navigate high society, he feels more comfortable among the commoners. While he tends to put himself and his family first, he's moved by the plight of those below him, and seeks to help them if he's able.

Story Points: A few things I think could be tied in to the story:

Brom is fascinated with magic, he would be strongly motivated by learning more.

His father's mysterious death.

The rival noble families could have the same idea that Brom does.

IDK, I'm bad at this ha ha.

This is my first application in 6 years, so PLEASE give me any constructive criticism!
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 09:17 PM
Story Harvester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31771
PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine
Maggie Kiirnodel Application

First Name: Maggie Kiirnodel
Race: Half Elf
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Profession: Fisher and unofficial dock protector of Caer Dineval

Personality Traits:
1) I work hard in dangerous conditions so others may survive.
2) I believe a person’s actions, not words or promises, define them.

Flaws: I am mistrustful of those who don’t have dirt under their fingernails. I am also quick to intervene if there seems to be a ‘problem’ or ‘misunderstanding’.

Ideal: Camaraderie and community need to be nourished and protected no matter what.

Bond: Born and raised in Caer Dineval. Daughter to an esteemed shipwright who was also born and raised in Ten Towns. Regularly works on the 70 foot fishing vessel, the Redfin Flyer.

Appearance: A rough and tumble young woman in her early twenties with a mop of coal black hair that’s pulled back, braided, looped, and fastened behind her head with twists of leather. Loose wisps frame her fair face; delicate features and a hint of ice-blue paleness to her skin can be noted under the seemingly perpetual streak of dirt across a cheek, nose, or brow. Layers of wool and cotton in earthy shades of burgundy-red and pumpernickel brown are worn over, and under, well used and well treated leather armor. Watchful, vibrant ivy green eyes are marred only by a lack of sleep and perhaps too much pride. Though there’s a defined toughness to this five foot nothing Half-Elf, her sword, shield and longbow seem almost contrary to the welcoming smile she offers.

Background: Maggie learned early on that being strong and self-sufficient, like her mother, was very important. This attitude of working hard was taken to heart; it meant there would be a hot dinner every night and a roof over her head. Her mother and grandfather also taught her that standing up for herself, even if it meant giving her adversary a bloody nose or broken finger, was all fine and good. Too often, due to the young half ellf being slight in size before her teenage years...and being a half elf in a very human town, Maggie was teased, harassed, and sometimes pushed around. Being a spirited child, who grew into a proud and fearless girl, found that a solid punch was an effective response for a cutting insult or push. She had seen, from time to time, those her age and older do so on the docks ‘to settle matters’ or to ‘keep one’s honor’.
The young troublemaker (some would say) found refuge amongst the docks her grandfather had worked on all his life, knotting nets and selling fishing supplies. Usually a cheery, curious sort, Maggie was allowed to listen to the stories, both horrible and fantastical, that the sailors and fishers would weave. Her mother, an esteemed shipwright who re-designed ship hulls to deal with ice and potential incidents with Easthaven boats, encouraged her daughter’s involvement with honest dock work that tested her daughter’s strength and determination.

At eighteen summers of age, her Moon Elf father, who visits yearly on a trade caravan, insisted that Maggie travel with him for eight moons to see and experience the world beyond the ice. During the time spent with a caravan of merchants, she learned intimately of the threat of bandits and creatures on the road, and how many of these folk depended on the hired guards. It was amazing to her that they could sit in their comfortable-ish wagons, sipping tea, and not know how to survive beyond throwing gold coins at ruffians.

Within the first three days on the road, Maggie was gifted her first longbow by her father. By the end of the adventure, she also had a sword, shield and leather armor. She was not one to stay idle making small talk with her father about the trade of fine fabrics while traveling, nor would she become a victim of the road. Two guards became her mentors, teaching her not only the way of the road, but also how to take a shot of Amberfire, and how to set an arrow on fire without accidentally burning everything else in sight.

Upon returning to Ten Towns, Maggie split her time between being on a ship testing her mettle, spending time in the tavern, and casually looking for any troublemakers on the docks.

When the sun stopped rising, she took to fishing close to shore, being generous with the extra fish she had caught. As moods shift across Ten Towns, from that of fear to desperation, Maggie has taken it upon herself to informally patrol parts of the town, keeping her eyes and ears open for anything out of the ordinary. On a daily basis she visits the tavern, usually with freshly caught fish and a desire for friendly or informative conversation.
-----------

Thank you!
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 06:06 AM
R E S P E C T

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8856
G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan
Applications are closed. I'll start sending out notifications this week.
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 09:04 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18051
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Any update on where we are with this game?
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 03:15 AM
Storyjunkie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 640
DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ildrahil View Post
the dm picked his players and sent them messages already
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 07:07 AM
R E S P E C T

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8856
G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ildrahil View Post
Sorry, yes, the invites have been sent out.

I will say, it was a difficult choice. Probably one of the best collection of applications for a game I've seen. I actually went back and forth on whether or not I should take another player or even another party, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep up with two groups.

I will keep everyone who submitted an application in mind if I find I have time for another group later or if I need replacement players, though.
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 11:20 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1381
Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf
Ah nice thanks for the head's up!

Have fun, everyone who made it

Last edited by Bjorgulf; Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:20 AM.
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6673
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Congrats everyone!