Game Thread Prologue: Lost at sea - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: E-H > High Seas of Oceanus
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 4th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught
Feeling the pull of the shipwreck as it began to sink, I start swimming as hard as I can. I notice that Min is about as close to the boat wreckage as I am, she however, doesn't seem to have any intention of getting away from it. I shout,
"We can deal with him later, we have to get away from the boat now!! Start swimming you daft girl!"

Last edited by L0stTh0ught; Sep 4th, 2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 195
KrimsonKing KrimsonKing
David Longings, it seem you have misjudged the distance of your punches, both land in the air. The goblins retaliate. The hobgoblin, without dropping his bow, grab his morning star over his shoulder and attack you with it. The painful spikes (5 damage)hit you with force. The smaller goblin comes in with his smaller morning star and (2 damage)hit you again.

Fanelia, the elf sorceress, seeing that her partner may be in danger from the gnoll, decide to make a cast a spell, her movements and speech seem For those with spellcraft, I am casting a daze on that gnollevidently similarly to Anaris's spell. The gnoll was just about to attack again, he suddenly fall into a trance again. Reiyan, the male elf decide to get away from the gnoll and the sinking ship and go on the mast and sit on it.

Allandri Sandirale, you quickly I'm going to roll this one right here for you to see if she's alive or not, DC 13:
Dice Allandri's Heal check:
1d20+3 (10)+3 Total = 13
check the unconscious elf beside you. You successfully feel very faint signs of life. She is still alive but on the very edge of it. She has two arrows in her body and plenty of water in her lungs.

Anaris Rofellos, seeing the danger of the sinking ship, give a frantic warning to Min, but it seems a little late now that she is attacking the gnoll. You swim to one of the nearest barrel where Mar is and hold on to it. Playing him yet againMar Starfel, seeing how David might be in danger, decide to grab another javelin and throw it at the hobgoblin. He completely misses.

SPLASH!!!

The ship finally go under. Min Watercrest is the only one right beside it and see it going down the waves. She feel a little pull but nothing to drag her down along with the ship. A few bubble escape the crack on the hull and the ship slowly start to makes it's journey to the bottom of the sea...

Last edited by KrimsonKing; Sep 4th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1096
Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne
Allandri frowns at the wounds in the elf, and just as she does so, glances to the side to see the fellow fighting the goblins in the distance looking being pretty badly hurt again also. She grunts with annoyance, having little magic remaining to use for healing at the moment. She keeps hold of the barrel she's draped Floria over, and after a moment of consideration, pulls the arrows from her body and lays a hand on her, speaking a soft prayer to the sea as her hand glows briefly, transferring the momentary gentle light across her body and
Dice Cure Light Wounds:
1d8+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
healing her.

Last edited by Mnemnosyne; Sep 4th, 2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Seize the Night

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 379
Carpe Noctem Carpe Noctem Carpe Noctem Carpe Noctem
Min pauses for but a moment as the ship sinks a sad look crossing her face as unseen tears mix with the salt of the sea. Poem by Jenni Kalicharan. I take no credit for itHer thought fix upon the ocean and all its glory...

Sailing this ocean with no fixed course in mind,

Not knowing what my final destination will be.

Braving the winds and the torrid rains,

As I journey upon this wide open sea.

Sailing this ocean for quite a long time,

Yet I知 no closer to your heart,

But the one thing that I知 certain of,

Is that we値l never be anything but apart.

Many a night I致e been tempted to dock,

To shelter from the turbulent rain.

But this journey has been quite pleasant so far,

And there hasn稚 been too much pain.

So aboard this sinking ship I値l stay,

Hoping that maybe one day soon,

I値l find my way into a small corner of your heart

With the help of the silvery moon.
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I smile as I see the plight of the sailor, but then grow serious. I tell Mar,
"Serves him right, however, should he fall it's not that great a leap to think that those goblins will turn on the rest of us next, we should help him out."
With that, I begin to swim towards the mast,
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
KrimsonKing KrimsonKing
David Longings,You
Dice Stabilization roll:
1d10 9
fall from the savage beating given to you by the goblin's morning star. Fortunately, you fall right on a rope ladder and a piece of the sail that is out of the water preventing you from falling in the water. The Goblins seems content with this. They look out and see that their nearest target is Reiyan Sitting on the mast. The Hobgoblin grab his bow and shoot an arrow at Reiyan, he hits him in the gut. "Urrg.." Reiyan is badly wounded but not down. The goblin also throw a javelin at Reiyan but miss. Reiyan grab his bow and shoot one arrow at the hobgoblin. The hobgoblin quickly dodge the arrow behind the crow's nest.

The gnoll is again coming out of his trance, Fanelia, the elven sorceress see this and decide to act. She swim near the gnoll, cast a spell. "Take this!". You all see a for those with spellcraft, this is a 1st level color spray.vivid fan of color shooting out of her hand. The fan of color engulf the color. The gnoll hides his eyes in a desperate attempt, but he's too late. "WARRR!!" he screams. The gnoll lose consciousness. You see bubble coming out of his mouth as he lose the air in his lungs. He start falling in the water. "Yes!" says cheerfully Fanelia.

Allandri Sandirale, seeing that thing are getting under control, you give a healing shot to Floria. As you heal her, you see her arrow wound close partially and some of the water flow out of her mouth. However this is not enough to bring her back to consciousness.

Anaris Rofellos, You quickly make a crawl to the nearest goblin. After a good swim, you finally go face to face with the nearest goblin. The goblin menacingly ready to with his morning star again. You suddenly see a javelin plunk right into that goblin. TSSSK! The goblin is throw back by the javelin and fall inconscious in the water. You look back, that javelin was thrown by Mar Starfel. The goblin slowly start to sink into the waves. The hobgoblin start to look panicked, he's the only enemy left.

Min Watercrest, you finally see the ship dissapearing into the depth. You reminisce a beautiful poem in your mind about the ocean and sunken ship. You take a look around you and you see a gnoll going down into the water near you as well as other stuff nearby you're having a hard time to discern since you're underwater.

Last edited by KrimsonKing; Sep 5th, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne Mnemnosyne
After healing Floria, Allandri looks around, seeing things seem to be calming down for the most part. It looked from her point of view as though the goblins would be dealt with pretty soon, and the ship was down. She took a moment to look around further and see if the giant fin was still visible nearby, or if the sea monster had moved off by now, then considered heading over toward the goblins, but a shift in the waves made her reconsider, given the difficulty she was having in moving about earlier. Besides, her mind added, Floria might slip off the barrel and sink if she wasn't there to steady her. Allandri clung to the barrel and focused on keeping Floria from slipping off for the time being.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I draw my sword, getting ready to do combat with the goblin when I notice the fear in his face, that gives me an idea
Maybe I don't have to fight him at all...
Just as I take in a breath of air to speak to him, some of the splashing water gets into my lungs and forces me into a fit of coughing.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Seize the Night

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 379
Carpe Noctem Carpe Noctem Carpe Noctem Carpe Noctem
Min gracefully surfaces shaking her head slightly to remove the ocean water from her view. Her bruises are tingling nicely from the salt water and she coils her whip once more trying to see where she can, well not so much be the best help, get in on the action.

/ooc full round action move 15' upwards to surface.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
KrimsonKing KrimsonKing
Anaris Rofellos, you try to speak with the cornered hobgoblin but your efforts are cut short as water splash into your face. The hobgoblin looks at you with a nasty look on his face. "You want some, wussy face?!" he tells you in broken common. His morning star comes in. WHAM! You are (6 damage)hit right on the side of the neck, leaving you battered and bleeding. From both side of you, you see a javelin and an arrow coming, both hit the hobgoblin right in the chest. The hobgoblin make a few step back "urrgh...", he drops his morning star and finally fall back in the water behind the mast, unconscious... You look back, the arrow and javelin came from Reiyan and Mar.

This fight is over.

Allandri Sandirale, you look down into the horizon and the huge fin is still there, but is slowly swimming away. By it's sheer size, it's going to take a while before being out of view. It seems to be leaving. The elven sorceress Fanelia comes in and grab Floria and tell you "It's ok, I'll take care of her, if you have any more healing spell to get her back to health, it would be greatly appreciated."
"By Correlon, Floria is still alive!? Again, a thousand thanks humans, I don't know how we could have done it without all of you. We are now indebted to you." answer Reiyan who is still sitting on the mast. You look around and just about everybody has either suffered heavy injuries or is down, such as the sailor who was working on the ship. The only one completely uninjured is Mar Starfel.

The water is now as calm as the night, only a small over flowing current seems to be carrying all of you forward along with the floating objects. Your artificial lights shines your immediate area, however an opaque oppressing darkness covers the whole ocean. Above your head is a full moon and a starry sky.

You are lost drifting in the middle of the ocean...

Last edited by KrimsonKing; Sep 5th, 2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Allandri gave a soft sigh and shook her head a bit. "Barely any more magic left, but I'll be able to do more after dawn." She looked around, and after making sure Floria was well in hand and in no danger of slipping, let go of the barrel and swam over to the mast to check on the others. If David still needed it by the time she got there, she would convert Detect Magic into Cure Minor Wounds in order to stabilize him as well.

With that done, she draped herself over the mast and took but a moment to breathe a sigh of relief, then glanced around the area. "Gather up all the barrels and broken wood you can reach and bring it in toward the mast! We need to lash it together with the rigging and try to make a wider place to lay the injured down on."

Last edited by Mnemnosyne; Sep 5th, 2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
With this hellish ordeal over, I head down the mast to help any of the other survivors up out of the water.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79
Darthteej
David's mind beings to be plagued by feverish dreams as his pain grows. Well, me. he muses to himself I suppose your bravado has left you bloodied and spread eagled on wooden planks, what is the third time?

The monk tries to concentrate, and regulate his body to bring him back from the edge of death, but he sees something intriguing. I see...a bright light.. m' gonna head towards it 'kay? he whispers to his conscious.
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
KrimsonKing KrimsonKing
As you start working around, the magical light cast by fanelia fade away leaving you only with Allandri's Liquid Sunlight Amulet as a light source. You place both David and Floria laying on rope ladders right now. But that doesn't provide you with good places to stand on out of the water. It doesn't give you good place to rest or meditate for spells either.

By your experience with the sea, you all know that floating in the water for too long is dangerous. First, sea monster and predators passing under will see your legs moving underwater and will be tempted to take a bite out of them. Second, by swimming for too long, there is danger of exhaustion. Building a crude raft minimize the first danger and eliminate the second.

Ok, you take all stuff floating around in order to build something stable and you get the following:

- The mast. It seem that it broke of on the big monster's back when the ship was flipped over. It broked off at it's base leaving you with almost the entire lenght. The broken mast is about 50 ft. long. It is wider at it's base and shorter at it's other end.
- The parallel bar holding the sail, the bar is 25 ft. long and has many pieces of rigging attached to it (see below)
- A battered crow's nest, it's base is intact but it's railing is broken at some point around it's periphery. It seems to be the widest thing to be able to stand on, but right now it's on it's side since it's attached to the mast. The crow's nest is a 10 by 10 square.
- 5 piece of rigging total, the ringing wheels are used to tie down the sail to the mast with ropes.
- The sail, 25. ft. tall by 25. wide. It is still intact
- 2 rope ladders, the ladder are about 30 ft. long and shoudl provide plenty of rope.
- An extra few hundread foot of solid hemp rope.
- 3 large barrels floating around. The barrel if fastened to something, make good floaters and a wide surface to stand on.
- About 20 pieces of wood floating around. The longest beign about 10 ft. long, the smallest beign 3 ft. long.

Old Sep 7th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Allandri looked around, and once she was pretty sure David was secure, she moved off to help gather stuff as well, pulling it in toward the mast. "Okay, we're going to have to build a surface to at least put our wounded on, and hopefully large enough to provide us a stable platform to rest on ourselves." Giving a slight snort and a chuckle, she added, half to herself, "Now, Valia would know just what to do..." Then, louder, she queried, "Anyone got experience and a good understanding of building something solid?" If anyone volunteered, she would then help them come up with and put together a solid framework of some kind.

Otherwise she would take on the task of designing it herself, depending on the help of others.

Last edited by Mnemnosyne; Sep 7th, 2010 at 02:58 AM.