RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9455
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
WFRP 4th Edition: The Borderlands

Game NameWFRP 4th Edition: The Borderlands
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeGritty Survival and Adventures, Sandbox
FlavourOut Classed, Lawless Lands, Growing Power
Plot SummaryThe Borderlands are a lawless land on the edge of Riekland growing and waning as the years pass. Life is cheap in these places and Kings and Queens length of rule can be counted in months if not weeks or days. Power is traded at the edge of a sword and a powerful lord can quickly be overthrown in a night before a rival or unknown mercenary lord takes over. A group of strong adventures can be worth their weight in gold but also be feared and hated at the exact same moment.

CampaignThis game will take place in the Borderlands of the Old World. I will have a map and kingdom guide in the game thread, but you will start as outsiders to the Borderlands. Hence you won't know the current region's power struggles or rulers. After the introductory mission, you will be taking up residence in one of the kingdoms. Where the game goes from there is up to you. I plan on you eventually working to start your own upstart kingdom and dealing with the problems that arise, but there will be plenty of plot hooks and adventure seeds scattered around if you simply want to go around collecting and stopping other people's plots.

What I am looking forI am looking on 2 to 4 players, but based on popularity could be taking a bigger group. I fully expect to role-play the animosity and mistrust between races. That being said, you are expected to cooperate with others in your party and I won't allow anyone to bury an ax into someone else.

As you be slightly above starting adventures, you will receive minor bonus experience and gold. Expect enough for a few skill increases and maybe a nicer piece of armor, but not a suit of plate and a career advancement.

Name: Everyone has one, what is yours?

Race: What lands do you hail from?

Class: If you roll, please PM with them. Per Forum Rules NO ROLLS IN THREAD. You will receive the bonus EXP per the core book

Description: What do you look like?

Personality: Are you a brooding wizard or a loud barbarian?

Background: Why are you an adventurer? What drove you to become a permanent sell-sword.

Other Race View: Like how the rulebook has for each race, I would like to know your character's personal views towards Humans, Dwarves, Elves.

Notable NPCs: Give 2 NPCs that may be making an appearance in the game. I would like 1 to be one who would help or support your character and 1 to be one that will hurt your character. A helpful one example would be a Family Member, Close Friend, Significant Other, or a treasured mentor. A unhelpful example would be a rival, a witch hunter you ran afoul of, or perhaps someone whose plot you stopped. These are just some examples, and you are free to make up your own.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Reserved
Old 03-15-2019, 09:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
Valornor Valornor
Love to play, but I have yet to get the 4th Edition Rules. As money is tight right now and the wife has put her foot down on any RPG purchases for the foreseeable future!
Old 03-16-2019, 01:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2911
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
I don't have this book either and won't be able to pick it up for some time since have a few other pleasure (RPG/Modelling) items I am going to be getting.

But I will ghost this game. I love the old fantasy realm of warhammer, and it is always nice to see a game of it on here.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Do you two have the second edition books?
Old 03-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 195
Vathe Vathe
I have both fourth and second edition pdfs and would be interested in playing.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:33 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Valornor Valornor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot View Post
Do you two have the second edition books?
Yes, I have the 2nd Edition books! Why do you ask?
Old 03-16-2019, 04:15 PM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 195
Vathe Vathe
The ScholarName: ---
Race: Human
Class: Academic (Student - Brass 3)

Reworking...

Last edited by Vathe; 03-20-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I may switch to second edition if I have enough intersted people who would like to play but don't have the 4e book.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2911
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
I lost my copy somewhere down the lines of moves and life.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1542
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Ooh, this seems interesting! I just got my copy of the rules this weekend, but I'd definitely like to apply. I'll PM you to roll for stats in a bit, and start creating my character based on the result .
Old 03-18-2019, 05:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I now have 4 people who have sent me rolls. I will get back to you if you asked me a question as I have a list of PMs to respond to tonight. But I will give people another half week to respond/show interest. I know it is a smaller system so if I don't get many more interest, we can maybe kick things off this Friday. If some more come out of the woodwork, we will wait a week or two.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:01 PM
Auribus Teneo Lupum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 386
Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli
Hi! I applied for the other WH40K game and know nothing about WF but am a fan of Warhammer lore (at least the bits I understand, and there's A LOT I don't) and interested to learn the system. Would you mind if a noob like me applied here too?

Last edited by Zwingli; 03-18-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Not at all as long as you can find a copy of the rulebook or the second edition one.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:56 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Valornor Valornor
I'm interested in playing a Male Wood Elf, Keridan Gladewarder. A Hunter if playing 2nd Edition. A Scout if playing 4th edition. All else will be forth coming once the edition being played is decided on.